Honey Select VS. Koikatsu (discussion thread for the galleries)

Ryaku Mcneil

Well fellas for fans of my honey select thread you might remember that I mentioned Koikatsu, another eroge character maker game also made by illusion that has a more deliberate anime artstyle. Well I finally decided to test it out and I have to say, I'm impressed by the better range of customization and user friendly GUI that it has over Honey Select. This makes sense since it came out years after Honey select but still, thanks to those extra years HS has over KK allowed HS to have so many mods that with a little elbow grease you can make just about anything. Kk's anime style is very appealing though so I made this thread to show you guys a quick comparison

Koikatsucomparisons.png.9a40ec85e4c3b012bf4bee611a15eca0.pngHoney select
I started this thread not so much as a vote but to gauge you guys's interest. If you guys wanna see more girls made in Koikatsu I'll consider making a second thread for Koikatsu cards. Although I'm still loyal to the honey select side of things so I'm definitely not ending that thread, depending on you guys's respond I could alternate between collections. although as to not take too long I would probably only do cards and not have the studio shot to show off outfits since characters have 5 outfit slots in KK. So just let me know what you guys think. and feel free to use this thread as a request area if you're a fan of this kind of stuff

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @MaybeRegret: Koikatsu pics are better than Honey select: although it may seem a weird expression, Koikatsu pics IMHO have a more "natural" feeling in them. Honey select ones looks a bit more "artificial". Dunno if you get my meaning, but I can't find a way to explain it better. Moreover, always IMHO, Koikatsu are more resembling to the original than Honey Select.

Edited by Observer_X

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the others. In my opinion Koikatsu looks better due to a more anime style.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:00 AM, Ryaku Mcneil said:

and feel free to use this thread as a request area if you're a fan of this kind of stuff

My girl Kalissa and her perfect abdominal muscles, please 🙏

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, been working on Ankyo's Koikatsu model for the past 2 and a half hours and thought I'd show a quick behind the scenes of me texturing the suit. I've seen 1 guy have a patreon just for recreating official characters in koikatsu and I thought at first that this was a silly thing to be having a patreon for. And I now have experience the hard work of texturing and stuff. And I'm super amateurish at it, the other guy pays super good attention to detail. On top of that texturing is a job in itself.

Long story short someone should pay me for this shit XD

screenshot.thumb.png.80f773beebb2344a78c6c9d7e5f10ecb.png

• Like 4

@xwen
don't I fucking know it. I'm way closer to that goal In Honey select, but gotta admit. the tools on KK allow for more accuracy.

I also go on short Hiatuses to play actual video games. For example, You might not see me for a month after I finish Ankyo because the new battle pass on smite include RWBY skins. so I'm gonna be busy trying to unlock that stuff

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MV5BN2JhODhmNTYtZWU3Yi00MTc2LTkyNmEtMjk0ZTcyODQwODA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQTNwaW5nZXN0._V1_.thumb.jpg.235e90dd055db88e4d34a7a8dad1fb5d.jpg

alright guys, I'm back from getting all the skins from smite's rwby battlepass, and playing as siren in Borderlands 3. as far as card making goes gonna be focusing more on koikatsu than honey select since some really good mods are out including a "card snowflaker" as i like to call it so finally we get big, easy to view cards.

Also to make working on the next sets of cards more fun I'd like to ask for requests for what HH girl you would like to see next!

• Like 4