Honey Select VS. Koikatsu (discussion thread for the galleries)

Ryaku Mcneil

I said Gork as a joke, but you did an excellent work in the poses 👍. You even made his face uglier than in the model (she is not really so ugly in the original, by the way), and I am sure it is difficult to do with this tools . I expect that some people who complained about her ugliness in the game don't see this or they will have more reasons to do it xDxDxD.

22 hours ago, jelom said:

I said Gork as a joke, but you did an excellent work in the poses 👍. You even made his face uglier than in the model (she is not really so ugly in the original, by the way), and I am sure it is difficult to do with this tools . I expect that some people who complained about her ugliness in the game don't see this or they will have more reasons to do it xDxDxD.

20200202_012205.jpg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to hope everyone is staying safe with the current epidemic. I live in new york where everyone (smart and responsible) is practicing social distancing as the city is in quarantine with an unprecedented amount of emptiness in the streets. I wish I could be using this chance to crank out a nice batch of cards for everyone but I work in delivery so I'm still out here on my daily grind. With that said i hope everyone stays healthy, stay stocked up,  wash your hands, don't hang around too many people, and epstein didn't kill himself

CharaStudio-2020-03-22-10-20-21-Render.thumb.png.c4b2f219010602990123096d99747674.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

1458059426-f21434263144bfe6ef24dc71b9746520.gif.7b8848bdba38c9dc0665e0ecfe415719.gif

GENTLEMEN! I HAVE A DILEMMA!

So, I've been keeping eyes on the Honey select sequel known as Honey select 2 : libido. It's out now, I have plans to get it but certain fears I had were realized
bad news, all mods and cards from the original HS are NOT compatible due to HS2 using a different newer engine
good news is that mods and cards from illusion soft's previous game "Ai-shoujo" which gives HS2 a head start in available mods

What this means fellow haremversites is that I have a choice. Either Abandon HS1 and start making haremverse cards for you guys in HS2 from scratch or keep making cards for HS1 and just keep HS2 for personal enjoyment.

So I just need you guys to voice your opinions. Should I jump ship to HS2 and start from scratch or continue the path. then again I could say screw both and just stay on Koikatsu. I'll at least make a bunny card for comparisons sake

Honey select 2 first impressions (character creation)60145116_Illusionsoftcomparison.thumb.png.778fe7f91a38384b3db9dd9b11a6e32c.png

Ok so messed around in the character creation for HS2 for like 20 minutes and quickly put together this bunny for comparison and wanted to give a report of my findings

Illusion soft's has a lot of experience making 3d char maker H games and they do a decent job of improving their tools upon each game and in some ways it all culminates in HS2. All my criticisms here will be in comparison to Honey select 1 more than anything since this is marketed at it's sequels and in that sense there's waves and waves of improvements as expected.

I'm not gonna comment on vanilla clothing since community mods tend to make up for any lacking in that department. However clothing has a greater degree of freedom than in the original even giving you to stick a pattern on clothing similarly to Koikatsu. KK however did have 2 clothings that gave you 2 layers to customize. I didn't encounter that in HS2 which is a disappointment since the best character creators IMHO give you 2 layers for tops. Eg. in the comparison pic, the only way to get rid of the shirt inside the blazer is to find/make a clothing that leaves only the blazer without the shirt.

The U.I for the character maker is also a vast improvement. It is very cleaned up and easy to read for the most part using thumbnails for all your clothings and other options giving you a quick preview of your choices without having to load every one individually to find what you want. This does complicate the possibility of a search plugin in the event that you have a Huge Hoard of mods but i think it's a reasonable trade off. better than going through your whole list one by one you know?

The #1 improvement that I could notice though are the models. they are vastly improved from the original. Do keep in mod that in both games I turn off the bloom since they are the worst thing that the ps3/xbox 360 era of gaming gave us lol. regardless the vanilla meshes are really good and they morph and bend with little problems. The best improvement and the thing I'll harp on the most is the eyes. First of all iris customization is highly improved to the point that you can change teh shape of the irises mostly removing the need for a long list of modded irises (unless you want specific shapes and designs such as hearts or sharingans or something) if you want cat eyes simply make a skinny iris :P. On top of that is the way the flexibility with eye shapes. No longer do you get awkward sunken looking eye holes when you try to make big anime eyes. So you can finally have kawaii desu girls with a reasonable amount of sleep.

everything else is pretty standard although I did notice that there's a futa checkbox right outta the box. clicking it didn't enable a dong on my girl But I'm sure that's so you can handle that yourself, customize it and then use it's 'features' in game. I'm not interested but go ahead and 'play around with it' if that's your thing ;). However I do have to mention one unfortunate detail that breaks my heart. 1 CARD 1 OUTFIT. In both HS1 and KK multiple outfits can set for each character so that they can be worn and easily switched in accordance to the setting that they are in during the actual gameplay. In KK's main game for example, once school ends, the girls will be in their "going home" outfit, during club room period the will be in their "club" outfit and etc. Hs1 only had 3 outfits but choosing to do your girl in the bath or pool will load them in their swimsuit outfit and doing them in their bedroom will load them in their "room" outfit. HS2 strips that completely and defaults them with the outfit that you saved the card with. Speaking with ppl on the discord, it seems the idea is to save the outfits themselves separately (which yes, is a feature in the other games that I only use for copy and paste convenience) and just switch to them when desired. Like i said i haven't tried the main game yet so maybe it's seamless but this is really gonna effect how I show off the cards should I make the new thread for it and I can't help but feel they just added extra steps and complicated card sharing -_-. it's not a deal breaker but damn that's a really big blemish in what otherwise was looking like the textbook definition of a sequel that improves on the previous game.

Well that's it, Can't really give a final verdict without experiencing this game for a couple more hours but it's definitely promising. And as I've mentioned b4 one big positive is that this game has complete mod and card compatibility with A.I shoujo which I haven't played but for those of you that are 
interested, much like KK it's an illusion soft game with actual game, this one involving being stuck on an island with your created girls (or something like that). or hell, get both and switch between them as per your mood :D. with that said I look forward to exploring this game further and It might be time to say goodbye to the original and start over. But again, feel free to share what you guys think and shape my opinion or ask any questions which I will answer to the best of my abilities

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Honey Select 2 bullet point review

HS2_2020-07-11-00-41-46-575.thumb.png.566a16335e90993c0a9c447661430fba.png

Hey guys, so I'm just about ready to kick off the HS2 gallery but first I just wanted to drop some info on the game after experiencing it some more. But Instead of just giving you guys a wall of text again I'm just gonna make a list of good points, bad points and points somewhere in between. Once again though, most of my points will be based on comparisons to Honey select 1, unless otherwise specified

The Good

• Better models that can morph without weird artifacts showing up especially when messing with face sliders
  • more things to do during H scenes such as positions and maps
  • unlocks are handled through a points shop instead of being tied to specific achievements allowing players to prioritize their unlocks
  • mods and cards are compatible with AI girl (AI shoujo)
  • thumbnail interface makes it easier to browse through clothing options than a list based interface
  • less cluttered UI overall
  • New Futa option for girls allowing them to take the place of player character or 2nd male
  • new brothel exploring option gives you control over when events will happen (as opposed to events interrupting your attempts to call a specific girl)
  • dialogue slightly more varied, girls will use lines acknowledging situations and sequence of events
  • detailed hair customization allowing you to hair/bang size and direction/placement
  • added pupil shape customization
  • damage slider allowing any clothing to have a ripped look
  • new hair extension option allowing ahoges without making it an accessory
  • jiggly butt physics!

The bad

• Still no layered tops. meaning mixing jackets with shirts is not possible unless either a separate mod is made for the top or a shirt is ported to bra, panty, pantyhose or gloves slot causing you to use of said slot for an undershirt
  • Positions in H scenes are no longer color coded giving you no idea how a position will affect a girl's mood or personality outside of the vagueness of their reaction once you made your move. making mood based achievements overly difficult and a frustrating, blindfolded practice of trial and error.
  • difficult to identify equipped clothing when loading cards (other games will snap the menu to the equipped item when clicking clothing type)
  • texture overlays is only available via mod
  • character cards no longer include multiple outfits. H scene locations still activate a bath and room state however you must save the outfits you want seperately and then set them when managing girls. otherwise room and bath states will default to pajamas or a towel respectively with no accessories
  • Illusion soft still thinks Bloom makes games look good (turn that shit off immediately in the options)
  • Bra push up settings from Koikatsu is not here
  • while breast gravity is still customizable, physics just seems more subdued or heavy overall
  • genitals are covered by mosaics unless modded
  • minimalist UI causes H scene controls to be less intuitive. in other words what you can and can't do won't be immediately identifiable.
  • wonky mouth animations during speech gives you no way to appreciate the well modeled teeth

The meh (points that have more to do with the modding community than the game in it's official vanillal state)

• sideloader allows for easier mod implementation and managing
  • overlay mods allow you to make custom textures for clothing and skin (haven't tested this)

Final Verdict

Better than the original in many ways yet somehow stumbles when it comes to certain removed features. however this might be as a result of using the AI shoujo engine as a frame work. As per usual to modding community over at the illusion soft discord are the true heroes giving these games values. with that said Koikatsu is still a better choice if you're looking for an anime accurate art style. And if you want actual gameplay in your sex game everything in HS2 is available in AI shoujo

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...