Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

Got a booster as well, and I'm really considering of using the mythic x3 pachinko orbs from last PoA to try  to get 10 shards of Levitya and save a couple of refills to get her, but Morgan and Spook are there as well... Well, I have a couple of days to decide what to do

4 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Is it Backstreet?

9th avatar in a row, getting a little tired of these. Gimme some variety game.

No! It's Shady; tell a friend... ^^

Should have opted for Nutaku instead of the direct, official site of the game, I guess... To be honest, I wouldn't switch to Nutaku even if it was feasible and even though it would increase my booster and book drops in MP by about 100%. And, to some extent, I'm still glad we have this feature allowing us to get and use various avatars without having to spend kobans on them (at an insanely high price, too, even when they do the -50% thing). But yeah, there are way too many of them and their drop rate is waaay too high. Oh well.

3 hours ago, Antimon said:

Got a booster as well, and I'm really considering of using the mythic x3 pachinko orbs from last PoA to try  to get 10 shards of Levitya and save a couple of refills to get her, but Morgan and Spook are there as well... Well, I have a couple of days to decide what to do

I would strongly advise you not to do that. If PoA becomes a monthly fixture as everything seems to suggest, then it seems much more interesting to accumulate these over time, and use several of them in a favorable rotation. One-shot orbs are a bit different, as it's all or nothing, and it's a minuscule chance, but I'd consider using those for a (slim) shot at Levitya before even thinking of burning the much rarer and more valuable (over time) PoA orbs.

• Thanks 1

41 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

I would strongly advise you not to do that. If PoA becomes a monthly fixture as everything seems to suggest, then it seems much more interesting to accumulate these over time, and use several of them in a favorable rotation. 

This is a great point and now I feel incredibly stupid for not having thought of it myself 😅😂 Thanks

• Haha 1

By an unexpected coincidence, a particular drop came up again in this rotation.
By another unexpected coincidence, this happened when that drop was also available on a boss.
Through further coincidence, that drop is the only droppable one in this rotation.
And through even more coincidence, my expected fights at the moment for that drop are uncharacteristically high at ~592 (worth ~6,400 Kobans).:/

And yet, even in this rarest of scenarios, using Mythic Pachinko's 6 games option (costing ~7,920 Kobans in total) still doesn't make any sense.9_9

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Rotation #0106 (2020/05/21 - 13:00 CET): Guess who's back? Levitya, Morgan and Detective Spook.

I noticed Levitya there, and since I had saved up a bunch of orbs, I figured I'd give it a try. In the end I spent all my orbs: about 100 spread over 4 accounts.

0 girls, about 30 avatars, and a bunch of "stuff". I've decided it's not even worth clicking to play the free game :D

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Benefuci said:

I noticed Levitya there, and since I had saved up a bunch of orbs, I figured I'd give it a try. In the end I spent all my orbs: about 100 spread over 4 accounts.

0 girls, about 30 avatars, and a bunch of "stuff". I've decided it's not even worth clicking to play the free game :D

Sorry to hear that. 30% avatar drops is well below average (expected 50%). 0% girl in a sample of +/-100 drops is... about average, unfortunately (expected 0.5%). You start having a really decent shot at around 200 orbs, I'd say. Of course, I understand your disappointment, and it can be frustrating at times when we see or hear of other players having insane luck (some have actually received several girls from their 100-ish free spins, not to mention their orbs). I'm still at 0 girl as well (across 107 free spins now), and I'm still stashing my orbs.

It's clear that MP has very low drop rates (for the good stuff) and very high variance, and pretty high prices too, so you really need a special set of circumstances (favorable rotation being the main one) and a really deep stack of resources to get a decent return on investment from it.

Having said that, free stuff is still free stuff. I mean, I use my free GPx1 spin every day as well, even though that has a ridiculously small chance of ever giving me something valuable (I don't have odds for a legendary equipment in there, but I'd be surprised if it's much higher than 1%). So I recommend still using your free MPx1 spin every other day. Just don't expect anything from it, you'll avoid further disappointment and, if your lucky day eventually comes, you'll get a nice surprise instead.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

GPx1 spin ... (I don't have odds for a legendary equipment in there, but I'd be surprised if it's much higher than 1%)

I believe it to be around 0.1%. Anecdotally, I can tell you that I've done 563 x10 spins since one legendary equipment became guaranteed in them (a few months after I started playing in mid-2018), and I've received 569 legendary equips from them, so 6 additional ones from the 563x9 = 5067 non-guaranteed spins. I'm fairly sure that the probability distribution for the various drops is identical for the x1 and x10.

(In recent months I've also started tracking my occasional x1 sprees, and I'm 0-for-470 there.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sorry to hear that.

Ah, don't worry about it, I don't :D. At least now I know that a girl from there really is a myth(ical girl), and have adjusted expectations accordingly.

I have now gotten curious about epic orbs. I have about 200 of those stashed on those accounts. Apart from an occasional turn in for gear I figured I'd first pick up boss girls and such before I start using those. By the time I actually start handing them in it'll probably be like 500 per account. I'm going to get RSI! Even with just occasional turn ins though I can tell epic orbs have a much better drop rate. Or I've been silly-lucky.

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

[useful, detailed stats (as usual)]

Thanks! Always glad to learn more info about game mechanics and the odds thereof. This seems to confirm my gut feeling that except for the guaranteed one in x10, we typically shouldn't expect legendary equipment from GP.

1 hour ago, Benefuci said:

I have now gotten curious about epic orbs.

As far as I know, the odds for these are 6.5% (Shal might be able to confirm or rectify). I've seen other numbers floating around (notably the elusive and rather misleading "1 every 8 orbs"), but these were the most documented and from the most reliable sources. Several players have been assuming 10% in a couple of recent threads, but I haven't seen any explanation or logic behind it (my best guess is that they confuse this with the drop rate for girls in boss fights). In practice, on average, you can expect to get a girl every 15-20 orbs or so (no guarantee, though! the odds start becoming really high around 50 orbs: about 93% to get at least one girl). As far as anecdotal evidence, I've seen a pretty big variance, from crazy good runs like 5 girls in 10 orbs, to well over 30 orbs with none. That's a hell of lot more than with MP orbs, in any case.

• Like 1

About the MP, and though my "tracking record" isn't as long, the % for an avatar drop has been rather consistent weekly between 55-57% (I'll update it later, after today's orb).

Since it's also free spin, I guess we can't be too demanding but personally, it just becomes rather tedious to get so many of avatars, when they're totally useless, apart from having to pick one :D Maybe it's asking too much, but an estimated average of 30/30/40 (book, booster, avatar) would already be an improvement ^_^ 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

As far as I know, the odds for these are 6.5%

That does surprise me, a lot! As I said, apart from the occasional turn in for a piece of gear I've been saving these. And yet I have (*counts*) 6 5 girls from there on my main account: Shao, Arabella, Merlinda, Lissa, Visihar, Princess Tiana. I don't think any of those was a T2 villain drop? I also have Suki and Yaya but they dropped in an event I think?

On my "pure" account (where I want to try and beat the champions with only starter/common girls) I stopped turning in epic orbs completely because I accidentally ended up with Kathy and Solaria/Umbria. I don't think I turned in more than 4 or 5 orbs or so on that account.

When I eventually turn all the orbs in I'll make sure I'll count and reports the results.

Edited by Benefuci
Lissa
  • Like 1