Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

Welp, this is like the 10th time now that my roster is filled. I'm only glad that there's no Pachinko contest now since I cant use MP at all. This is quite lame tho, why not let people roll for boosters or something when they have all 3 girls? I understand not being able to run the other two options, but at least the 1 spin 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Čamuga said:

why not let people roll for boosters or something when they have all 3 girls?

I wouldn't be opposed to that, as long as there's a clear confirmation popup like "You already have all the girls in this rotation. Are you sure?".

I understand this can become something one might want to do once they get close enough to a full collection that they almost never have a girl to get in MP. But you never know. Some players might click fast and without checking and then feel cheated that the game didn't save them from themselves once they realize they've used orbs for 0% girl drop chance spins. So I'm guessing this is a "better safe than sorry" measure.

In my case, this is only the third or fourth time I see the buttons in grey so far. Losing the free spin would suck, but as far as orbs go, I'm fine waiting for another rota. I'm unlucky enough with MP drops when there are girls for me to get. ^^

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 9:15 PM, DvDivXXX said:

@Chthugha Wow. You must be having a really bad day, my friend. I don't have time for this right now, but I'll get back to you when I can. In the meantime, I can only advise you to take a deep breath, and maybe close the forum for a bit.

Edit: Busy day for me IRL and in game. I've added spoiler tags to our off-topic discussion to save space. Catch you later, hopefully in a better mood. Cheers.

Oh, in my eyes I did not have a bad day, in fact I was having fun getting to educate a new mod.
I only replied like this, because you didn't seem to want to take a piece of advice from someone else.

On topic sort of; I've recently released the MyP from its avatars, but I have yet to see a new possibility to use the orbs, because Kinkoid are still blocking all orbs when you cannot get a girl.

Edited by Chthugha

18 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Oh, in my eyes I did not have a bad day, in fact I was having fun getting to educate a new mod.
I only replied like this, because you didn't seem to want to take a piece of advice from someone else.

1/ Yeah, it's not unusual for someone to be unaware that their judgment is clouded by anger (or another strong emotion) while it's happening, because you know, their judgment is clouded.

2/ Precisely why I put it gently as "you're having a bad day", because that perception is wildly off the mark, be it of me in general or my reply to your initial passive aggressive "advice" in particular. This also applies to your not so passive post addressing me quite aggressively in another thread on the same day. I kindly disagreed with your "there's no main server" narrative, as well as your belief that I should adhere to it because I'm a mod now. That's very far removed from "I don't want to take advice from anyone".

I'll put the rest of this post in spoiler tags to save space and because that's still off-topic as hell in this MP thread (Edit: moved the Big Edit there too), but please do read it very carefully.

----------------------

IMPORTANT EDIT: There's a fairly big piece of the puzzle that I was missing (and that our exchange unfortunately failed to give me). Now that I have it (thanks to another long-time user), it sheds a different light on your reactions and our argument here. To put it simply, I was genuinely unaware that a part of the community who started (and/or primarily plays) on Nutaku feels strongly about the Nutaku server's importance in regards to other servers, and genuinely considers their Nutaku account as their main one. As such, I now understand that the term "main server" applied to any other one can be triggering for those players, and that's at the core of what happened between us.

So, while this seemed like an unimportant semantics nitpick to me, I now understand that you perceived it as an insult to your main account. As such, I can be more understanding of your apparent overreaction, and I'll make an effort to avoid this term from now on. Not because of any technical point, though, it's not about being "wrong" here. I just acknowledge that "main server" is the M-word for some dedicated Nutaku players, and I'm not out there to insult anyone. I did this inadvertently in my previous posts (including this one pre-edit), but now that I know better, I'll avoid it on purpose. Cheers.

----------------------

Since it seems that I'll need to be more explicit, I'll drop the sugarcoating. You were uncharacteristically confrontational and frankly just out of line the other day, and it came seemingly out of nowhere. The reason I didn't retaliate on the spot is because I have a fair amount of respect and sympathy for you as a forum poster. Because you're knowledgeable on many aspects of the game (including on how Kinkoid usually operates, yes), and because you're typically active in a helpful and friendly manner in the community. That's it, though.

You're sorely mistaken if you assume that I'm impressed, let alone intimidated by the facts that you used to be a mod back in the old days, that you'd easily beat me in a trivia contest about the game's or the company's ancient history, or that you might have been in touch with more or higher-up Kinkoid employees than I have. I won't bow to you, and certainly not for any of those vain reasons. You need to process that you're not a mod anymore, I am, and you're not in a position to tell me how to moderate, let alone what to say or think just because you used to be a mod before my time here.

If you sincerely want to help out and share tips and tricks with the new generation of mods, that's cool (although putting it in such an arrogant way as "educate" isn't a great start). Add me and/or Slynia on Discord and maybe we can have an interesting chat or a few. If not, that's fine too, but cut it out with the "you're wrong" and "you should do this as a mod" pedantic crap when addressing us on the forum. You're a forum user, we are forum moderators. This isn't your place.

And this is the end of this off-topic discussion, and my first and informal warning to you, as much as I'm sorry and surprised that it had to come to this with you, of all people. Back off now or you'll get to enjoy "insider knowledge" of what it's like to be on the wrong side of the fence, moderation wise. Cheers and peace.

Edited by DvDivXXX
IMPORTANT EDIT in spoiler tag
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2

29 orbs
Books           4
Boosters      9
Girl?              0

I don't particularly care for Yuna Lola, but still no girl drop ever in well over 400 single spins now... Oh well, at least I have only 1 avatar left in the pool...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

Lots of lola drops blocking the stacks from being burned... Suspicious. 🤔😂

I for one wouldn't have minded dropping Lola and being "blocked" from using more MP orbs here. 😑

Seriously, is there anyone else who has yet to get their first girl drop from MPx1 spins since the feature has been introduced? Anyone at all?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

Seriously, is there anyone else who has yet to get any girl drop from MPx1 spins since the feature has been introduced? Anyone at all?

Well, I got a girl in the very first day of mithic pachinko, but none since. To put things in context, the truth is that in many rotations I don't have a girl to try, but the only time I burned all my orbs I didn't get any.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jelom said:

Well, I got a girl in the very first day of mithic pachinko, but none since. To put things in context, the truth is that in many rotations I don't have a girl to try, but the only time I burned all my orbs I didn't get any.

Thanks. Well, 1 is fairly low especially compared to the various players who had 5 or more, but it's still a lot more than 0. ^^

I know in my club, everybody else had at least 1 girl drop from MPx1 (even the superstitious few who often assume they're cursed, or that "they've changed the drop rate!" when they're having a bad run). I'm just genuinely curious how rare my current extended bad run is.

Edited by DvDivXXX

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I for one wouldn't have minded dropping Lola and being "blocked" from using more MP orbs here. 😑

Seriously, is there anyone else who has yet to get their first girl drop from MPx1 spins since the feature has been introduced? Anyone at all?

Yeah, I'm only half complaining. Half about its timing. Not the drop. It's only my second from mythic ever. The first being in the beginning. It's a really small chance. One day you'll get it. Probably like me when you don't want it per se. Like when it's Sara Jay or something. 😜

• Haha 1

Rotation #0181 (2020/09/21 - 13:00 CET):  Teacher Deitra, Virginia and Alana.

Got a... waiiiiit for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.... GIRL! 🤗

HH - x1MP drop - 001 - 2020-09-21.png

Guess I just needed to complain a bit more... ^^

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

I've had only 1 too. Aren't the odds supposed to be 5 in 1000 or something like that?

0.5% as far as we know. But it's hard to evaluate and we don't have a huge sample size either.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks. Well, 1 is fairly low especially compared to the various players who had 5 or more, but it's still a lot more than 0. ^^

I know in my club, everybody else had at least 1 girl drop from MPx1 (even the superstitious few who often assume they're cursed, or that "they've changed the drop rate!" when they're having a bad run). I'm just genuinely curious how rare my current extended bad run is.

Looking back at my testing at the start of the feature, I had separate runs of 556 and 443 blank spins in there. And those happened to be consecutive with each other, with one girl in between, so that was a run of 1 drop in exactly 1000 spins...

(Of course, cherry-picking it the other way around it was also 3 drops in 1002 spins, counting the drops that book-ended that stretch.)

Anyway, there was a total of about 3500 spins in the test, or about 9 players worth up to today, and with two streaks of 400+ in that sample alone I would say it's probably not especially rare. Not that that has to concern you anymore now. B|

• Thanks 1