Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

Quick recap with some key milestones:

• Like 2

I've kind of been riding this one out and haven't spent a MP orb in months. Currently have more than 1k stashed.

Originally I was thinking that the drop rate appeared to be ~2%, so I was trying to save up 600 so that even if a rotation came up with 3 girls and 1 was a 5* I'd have 4x as many orbs as I needed on average to pick the 5* up (not well worded in the strictest mathematical sense, but I'm sure you'll understand my meaning). Just around the time I was passing my threshold it became pretty clear that the drop rate had been nerfed. So I kept saving with the target of 1.2k instead hoping that @DvDivXXX is right and this was an error that would be corrected.

I'm approaching that target now, but more significantly, I'm almost out of boosters. So I'm going to have to start spending those orbs soon. Hope is fading. It looks like I'm going to end up with a massive stash of free boosters......

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Sad 1

More data:

- Past 10 days: 2517 Orbs played, 19 girls dropped, 0.75% drop rate (1 in 133 Orbs)

- Past 21 days: 5343 Orbs played, 32 girls dropped, 0.6% drop rate (1 in 167 Orbs)

Excluding players who reported a single run or otherwise unreliable data:

- Past 10 days: 1262 Orbs played, 12 girls dropped: 0.95% drop rate (1 in 105 Orbs)

- Past 21 days: 3026 Orbs played, 22 girls dropped: 0.73% drop rate (1 in 137 Orbs)

The last known change to drop rates was on December 8th (21 days ago), and the last aggregated data were on December 19th (10 days ago).

There is still a lot of variation in the values, so... keep posting your drop rates :)

• Thanks 4

On 12/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, Liliat said:

More data:

Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

I've tried 2 times in December.

December 9 - 196 orbs
December 30 - 322 orbs

To be clear, did you get a girl drop each time? I just want to make sure because you said you tried, and with those numbers I sure hope you succeeded.

• Like 2

yes, succeeded both times (I have a couple of thousand orbs and rarely anyone in MP)

these were my worst MP orb counts for 2021 (although at the beginning of the year, when orbs weren't as plentiful yet and I would pull until I ran out, I had two streaks of 111 and 135 pulls with nothing)

Altogether MP gave me 25 girls during 2021. My worst counts before December were 157 and 147, the other 21 needed fewer than 100 orbs (including 2 free pulls).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

My worst counts before December were 157 and 147, the other 21 needed fewer than 100 orbs (including 2 free pulls).

Thanks. This seems consistent enough to me that I'll quote myself in response (it seems that the post I spent the most time and efforts putting together in this thread recently is the one that everybody skipped for some reason, even @Liliat ^^):

On 12/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Quick recap with some key milestones:

Terrible drop rate for roughly the entire first year (November 2019 to November 2020), then nice drop rate for roughly the entire second year (November 2020 to November 2021), then back to the shitty drop rate of my pre-2021 worst nightmares for the past couple of months.

Rings a bell, anyone? And by that I mean everyone? and also The One? ^^ @Noacc

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

(it seems that the post I spent the most time and efforts putting together in this thread recently is the one that everybody skipped for some reason, even @Liliat ^^):

What do you mean "skipped"? I definitely read that :) Or do you mean you didn't receive any ❤️ for it?

• Like 1

Penda finally appeared in the MyP for me on hh.com 😍 here I was thinking "now I can finally make use of some MyP 1x orbs and get a few books "...long story short: she dropped after 5 orbs :D

Also @Magrat told us ,after @DvDivXXX asked her about it, that game design said that there haven´t been any changes to the MyP drop rates. I thought I might share that with you guys on the forum as well :) !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 2

21 minutes ago, holymolly said:

Also @Magrat told us ,after @DvDivXXX asked her about it, that game design said that there haven´t been any changes to the MyP drop rates. I thought I might share that with you guys on the forum as well :) !

Thank you and her for sharing. I don't believe it for a second (not that I doubt either of you, to be clear, what I don't believe is that GD provided the correct answer), but at least we have an answer.

You don't go from a full year of consistently shitty drops to a full year of consistently awesome drops to several months of consistently shitty drops again without a lever being pulled somewhere. They might not have looked at the right place, or otherwise missed what actually happened, but something definitely happened.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thank you and her for sharing. I don't believe it for a second (not that I doubt either of you, to be clear, what I don't believe is that GD provided the correct answer), but at least we have an answer.

You don't go from a full year of consistently shitty drops to a full year of consistently awesome drops to several months of consistently shitty drops again without a lever being pulled somewhere. They might not have looked at the right place, or otherwise missed what actually happened, but something definitely happened.

Well yeah there is a noticable gap but I specifically haven´t really seen any significant difference  on my accounts unlike with the EpP drop rates because those are hella fishy to me ! ☝️

I mean all we can do is keep gathering data and we´ll eventually see I suppose :)

• Thinking 1

On 12/31/2021 at 8:15 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Terrible drop rate for roughly the entire first year (November 2019 to November 2020), then nice drop rate for roughly the entire second year (November 2020 to November 2021), then back to the shitty drop rate of my pre-2021 worst nightmares for the past couple of months.

Rings a bell, anyone? And by that I mean everyone? and also The One? ^^ @Noacc

Spent ~70 x1 (I think it was 61 or 63) orbs today after mythic girl with 0 results.  This reminded me of this post (read over holiday but didn't have time to reply) as well as the last mythic girl I got (during your "nice drop rate" period) I rolled ~150 x1 orbs (I think it was 148 or so) and also 0 results.

In case it helps; I personally don't like speculating drop rates because it's possible we all could have great luck, terrible luck or they tweak things and don't tell us then back and we have no idea unless we get confirm or (better) can see the code.  But as you will :)

No bells rung for me.

Edited by jpanda
typo fix
  • Thanks 1

Free spin from Rotation #0445: Book

20x MyPx1: 8 Books, 12 Booster

Free spin from Rotation #0446: Booster

18x MyPx1: 11 Books, 7 Booster

Free spin from Rotation #0447: Book (no girl avalaible)

Free spin from Rotation #0448: Booster (no girl avalaible)

Free spin from Rotation #0449: Booster

123xMyPx1: 70 Books, 53 Booster (and two bitches remain who don't want to enter my Harem... 😠 )

So, time for a new flashcard...

Edited by bolitho76
  • Thanks 3

Okay, I have two good news to share, one is 100% sure but just for me, the other is only about 90% sure (would need an Excel wizard like, say @Liliat ❤️ to do the actual maths to confirm), but it's for all us. :)

Here's mine:
HH - x1MP drop - 078 - 2022-01-05.png

30 MPx1s for Penda (from now on I'll be including the free spin in the count, so that's 29 orbs + free spin) :x

My 78th MPx1 drop. I'll have to count again, but all in all I think that's at least 400 spins since my previous one back in November.

----------
And now the good news that I can't guarantee to be true, but my theory is based on what we've seen from this thread's regulars over the past three months, as well as statistically undeniable very similar moves from the devs for other things in the past:

1. Kinkoid devs (or GD for Game Design team) absolutely hate to admit failure; which is why they pretended "no, no, the MPx1 drop rate hasn't changed" when @Magrat asked them for me.

2. Despite that, they're not monsters, so they still fix clear "oh shit!" mistakes when they notice them (or in this case, when a very persistent and savvy part of the community makes them notice). So on the same day they officially stated "this is fine", they still fixed the "divided by ten" to the MPx1 drop rate despite not admitting it was there. Which, to me, also thankfully confirms that this was accidental and not another deliberate stealth nerf.

3. A fourth era in the history of MP has started a few days ago. After Year One: Terrible Rate; Year Two: Fair Rate; and the transition period between Years Two and Three we all experienced (back to the Terrible Rate of old), it's a big relief to say that we've finally entered Year Three: Fair Rate again. 💋

That's what matters. Now, I would definitely prefer for them to trust us and understand that owning up to their mistakes would actually EARN them good karma and trust from us, NOT the backlash they seem to fear, and that's just another page in the entire Manual I could write for them on Communication 101... I'm still very happy that this dark chapter of MP basically not having droppable girls whether it says so or not is finally over. Thank you guys! I wish you realized we know you're only humans too, and we'll never hate you for that. On the contrary. ❤️ 

• Like 4