Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

44 minutes ago, sban said:

What is the drop rate supposed to be?

Still unclear and debated at this point. Used to be around .5% for a year, then magically ten times better for another year, and seemingly back to .5% or possibly even less for months (all unofficially). Then it seemed to be getting better after the official statement a month or so ago that it had never been changed ever... All bets are off.

• Thanks 1

Il y a 8 heures, sban a dit :

I just did 429 MP1x (all my orbs) and didn't get the one girl available. What is the drop rate supposed to be?

The most recent data showed ~1%, but without enough data to really be confident about it. In any case, 429 MP for no girl is really bad luck :(

• Like 1

The last spending from Rotaion #0464:

84x MyPx1: 41 Booster, 43 Books and sadly no Latex Lilith

Free spin from Rotation #0465: Book

26x MyPx1: 14 Booster, 12 Books

Free spin from Rotation #0466: Booster

Free spin from Rotation #0467: Booster

Free spin from Rotation #0468: Booster

29x MyPx1: 18 Booster, 11 Books

Free spin from Rotation #0469: Book

Free spin from Rotation #0470: Booster

11x MyPx1: 4 Booster, 7 Books

Free spin from Rotation #0471: Booster

Free spin from Rotation #0472: Book

14x MyPx1: 6 Booster, 8 Books

Free spin from Rotation #0473: Book

Free spin from Rotation #0474: Book

Free spin from Rotation #0475: Book

1x MyPx1 and finally I got her at the second chance in this monthe!

grafik.thumb.png.a4ace6ef6110dd2b8b9681c99b727433.png

61st Girls from MyPx1!

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the drop probability is 1%, then getting no drop from 429 orbs has a probability of ~1.34%.

Seems little but with many players playing it is highly likely to happen from time to time.

One possibility for the game designers would be to increase the drop probability slowly when many consecutive non-drops occur, that would make such extreme events much less likely without affecting the overall drop rate much.

• Like 2

il y a 37 minutes, sban a dit :

One possibility for the game designers would be to increase the drop probability slowly when many consecutive non-drops occur, that would make such extreme events much less likely without affecting the overall drop rate much.

I would much rather keep the current simple, naive, unbiased RNG. Messing with RNG is not such a good idea; especially when all the rates and formulas are hidden.

Many games out there use fake RNG, and surprisingly, never to the benefit of the players :)

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, sban said:

3 hours ago, Liliat said:

Many games out there use fake RNG, and surprisingly, never to the benefit of the players

I think what @sban was getting at would be something that's also fairly prominent in games with very low drop rates in this type of feature: a PITY TIMER. To no one's surprise, I'll mention HearthStone, here. You're supposed to have a drop rate of about 1 legendary card per 20 packs you open, but in practice it rarely feels like it. But they also have a pity timer which is set to 10 for the first legendary drop of each type of pack, and then 40 from then on. This means that the longest bad streak you can have is 39 packs without a legendary drop. Because if RNG still isn't on your side when you're about to open the 40th pack, then the pity timer kicks in and says "enough is enough! give that player a break". And you get your legendary (which resets the pity timer to 0/40). I've had very long streaks of getting nothing but pity-timer legendaries. That's miserable enough. Without it, it'd be depressing.

That's definitely something I wish Rosso would find amazing and include in HH.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 5

il y a 33 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

I think what @sban was getting at would be something that's also fairly prominent in games with very low drop rates in this type of feature: a PITY TIMER. To no one's surprise, I'll mention HearthStone, here. You're supposed to have a drop rate of about 1 legendary card per 20 packs you open, but in practice it rarely feels like it. But they also have a pity timer which is set to 10 for the first legendary drop of each type of pack, and then 40 from then on. This means that the longest bad streak you can have is 39 packs without a legendary drop. Because if RNG still isn't on your side when you're about to open the 40th pack, then the pity timer kicks in and says "enough is enough! give that player a break". And you get your legendary (which resets the pity timer to 0/40). I've had very long streaks of getting nothing but pity-timer legendaries. That's miserable enough. Without it, it'd be depressing.

That's definitely something I wish Rosso would find amazing and include in HH.

Was about to write that, it's a "fair" system i think.

It only kick in when you hit two time the "supposed treshhold", so it's not like it's going to really break the balance of the chances too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand that; I just think it's dangerous to mess with RNG, especially when values are hidden. In your example, the "Pity timer" seems pretty well known and deterministic (It doesn't just gradually increase your chances; it actually gets you a guaranteed drop). So that's totally fine.

But with KK loving to hide drop rates, and with a hidden, non-deterministic "drop rate improvement after each failed attempt", it would be really, really hard to figure out actual drop rates, and would make drop rate seem higher than they actually are (Since they would get better over time).

But with a mechanism that is clearly identified as such, clearly visible to the player, and decoupled from RNG, why not. As long as it's not paired with a decrease of the base drop rate :D

• Like 3

Il y a 1 heure, Liliat a dit :

But with KK loving to hide drop rates, and with a hidden, non-deterministic "drop rate improvement after each failed attempt", it would be really, really hard to figure out actual drop rates, and would make drop rate seem higher than they actually are (Since they would get better over time).

I mean...

It's not like they don't change the droprate at any hidden/random moment from what i understood

I stand by the fact that it would be better to just show the droprate of anything like in gacha game

• Like 4

I want SAI so bad....

there's also Bernardette available for me. 143 spins -> no girl.

Considering to use my 6 x3 and 4 x6 orbs. it's not the best way to use them, but probably I'll do it anyway

edit: ofc i didn't get SAI... i got Bernardette, but what a waste of orbs :(

Edited by punj
  • Sad 5