Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

I'm only playing the Nutaku version but I'm glad that I'm not getting any kind of avatars cuz it's not in Nutaku, but so far all I've been getting is just boosters and books, still haven't got a girl yet. Makes me wish that the every 12 hours thing was normal.

• Thinking 2

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

You mean you didn't hit the 2% lucky draw yet in 15 tries?! Now, that's unlucky... :D

Oh how I wish it was only 15 tries. I actually spends a decent 500 kobans on that 25 koban draw. Plus all the free draws there ever was since it started. Unlucky? I kinda feels like I'm sleeping with Jinx from Teen Titans.

Edited by Jcord777

@Jcord777 You ain't unlucky! With ~35 tries you have ~50% chance to get the girl, IF her drop rate is 2%, we don't know the exact drop rate, I had assumed a 1% chance. With that you would have a ~30% chance in 35 tries. You are not unlucky, but you are NOT lucky either. After 150 tries with no girl you can start to consider yourself unlucky regardless of the actual drop chance being 1% or 2%.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

But I was joking! ^^ Well, only half-joking; I am truly glad to get free avatars from this pachinko, but I'm also happy to get free legendary boosters, possibly a free girl once in a blue moon, and legendary books as well. I was just pulling your chain and trying to cheer you up about all these avatars you've been getting lately, because I wouldn't mind that at all.

About your avatar choice, I can relate to an extent. I don't mind using a female avatar "even though" I'm a guy. To me, it's not supposed to represent me, it just gives a hint of my personality or taste. But there are certainly plenty of avatars that I wouldn't want to use. In my case, the crown feels too impersonal and too generic, and the basic hero avatar is one of the very worst. Literally the first avatar I got (my current one, from MyP a few days ago), I immediately switched to, and my first motivation was getting rid of the hero's face. ^^

I was pretty lucky too, as I happen to like my current avatar quite a bit (even though I'm not even sure which girl it shows), and no one else seems to be using it, which is also an important factor to me. For instance, the Superwoman avatar is pretty popular. Both my club's leader and his second in command use it, as does a regular poster in the French section (from another club), and it can be confusing when I see a message by one of them. I actually have to read their name to differentiate them.

EDIT: As far as cosmetics in this game go, avatars are where I draw the line, though. If we were getting garbage like outfits, themes or backgrounds that only affect our profile page, which nobody ever looks at, not even ourselves... Then I would feel ripped off when I roll one. As is the case for champion last fights.

To put the things using your words, I don't think a female avatar would represent me in a good way. It should be obvious that I disagree with you on the impersonality of the crown avatar, as I am using it, and as I said before, I consider it better than the base main character avatars. Anyway, as I said when the crown avatars came out, all tastes are tastes, and everyone has his own.

About your avatar, the girl is Alexandra, from the Sci-Fi Event: the avatar is derived from her two star pose.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SuperTanya said:

Did I missed something or Mythic Pachinko 1x have a chance for a 100 shards girls drop?

Edit: I guess so.
Edit 2: Seems like a rare event to get a girl on a free try.

You didn't read this thread, I guess. ^^

There is no official source for drop rate, but from various players who made tests, the consensus is that it must be somewhere between 1% and 2%.

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

There is no official source for drop rate, but from various players who made tests, the consensus is that it must be somewhere between 1% and 2%.

Oh, I just realized I hadn't posted this here yet. Another run of tests on the test server a few days ago, now with avatars available:

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Another run of tests on the test server a few days ago, now with avatars available:

This is awesome work, thank you.

3.5K probably isn't big enough a sample size to draw definitive conclusions, but it's still huge compared to what anyone could achieve on a main server account. The results strongly suggest that the initial 2% estimation might have been on the optimistic side, unfortunately... It might even be lower than 1%. And the ~50% drop rate for avatars is very interesting.

8 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Oh, I just realized I hadn't posted this here yet. Another run of tests on the test server a few days ago, now with avatars available:

So it's 0.6%, huh? That makes it 115 tries for 50.0535% chance of not getting any girls.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability?v=a:0.6!perc,custom_times:115

23 minutes ago, MaybeRegret said:

I think they're perfectly fine.

Me too! And honestly, I don't mind avatars having such a high drop rate anyway, since it's the first and only way I'm going to collect them.

Basically, I just wanted to make a wordplay on your username. ^^

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MaybeRegret said:

Or maybe they added avatars with 50%, which cost half the other probabilities.

That was my guess, too. Maybe a bit lucky on the previous test and a bit unlucky on this one, and the change was from something like 1.5% to 0.75%, but it's just speculation. Pretty disappointing in any case. (And I continue to wonder how this works on Nutaku where avatars don't exist...)

• Like 1

Again, last two rotations, two avatars for me.

I have made a rough calculation. Actually there are a little more than 230 buyable avatars in the game, and in 19 rotations i received 11 of them, near 5%. If the pace does not change, in about 380 rotations (given as discounted that it is not possible to get two times the same avatar) I will get them all. That means a little more than two years, unless there are more "extra rotations" like a few days ago. Really annoying... two years getting avatars and hoping to get a girl or someting more useful inbetween...

I don't know why they don't give some kind of game effect to the number of avatars gained, something like a "collection bonus": 10 avatars -> you get some type of bonus, 50 avatars -> you get some other type of bonus (I'm shooting at random, such a thing can clearly be done in many ways). It would give paying players a good reason to spend their kobans (gaining the bonuses earlier than non-paying players) and it would also make the avatar drops from Event and Mythic Pachinko feel much more useful.

48 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Again, last two rotations, two avatars for me.

I have made a rough calculation. Actually there are a little more than 230 buyable avatars in the game, and in 19 rotations i received 11 of them, near 5%. If the pace does not change, in about 380 rotations (given as discounted that it is not possible to get two times the same avatar) I will get them all. That means a little more than two years, unless there are more "extra rotations" like a few days ago. Really annoying... two years getting avatars and hoping to get a girl or someting more useful inbetween...

I don't know why they don't give some kind of game effect to the number of avatars gained, something like a "collection bonus": 10 avatars -> you get some type of bonus, 50 avatars -> you get some other type of bonus (I'm shooting at random, such a thing can clearly be done in many ways). It would give paying players a good reason to spend their kobans (gaining the bonuses earlier than non-paying players) and it would also make the avatar drops from Event and Mythic Pachinko feel much more useful.

That assumes they won't release any new avatars. New events receive avatars, as well as some Legendary girls and probably gonna be a bunch more for anniversary. Oh and then that assumes that an event won't receive more avatars when it comes around again, so yeah, you're never getting all of them from just free spins IMO.

Because this game doesn't have any kind of collection bonus features already in it. We've been waiting a long time for some gameplay related features that they've said they're working on, I'd rather they not add something uninteresting like that to the queue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

That assumes they won't release any new avatars. New events receive avatars, as well as some Legendary girls and probably gonna be a bunch more for anniversary. Oh and then that assumes that an event won't receive more avatars when it comes around again, so yeah, you're never getting all of them from just free spins IMO.

Because this game doesn't have any kind of collection bonus features already in it. We've been waiting a long time for some gameplay related features that they've said they're working on, I'd rather they not add something uninteresting like that to the queue.

Apart the fact that I was referring only to existing avatars, I don't think they will blurt out avatars ad infinitum, exactly as they can't continue ad infinitum with the game story. At some point in the future, as far as that is, things will get a finite dimension, as big as that will be.

Regarding the collection bonus, it was not a suggestion, simple an asking (without the need of a real answer) why a thing that personally I would find a logical insertion in the game (and, as far as I remember, not only me) has never been implemented. It's obvious we don't agree on how much a similar feature would be an interesting addition, but my intent was not to suggest that it would be more important of things that are already work-in-progress, although i don't know precisely what features you are referring in your post.