My best pencil drawings, tell me what you like

Chuck Nutz

12 hours ago, Chuck Nutz said:

Nice detective work and good to set me straight, I totally forgot to mention that the last shared images aren't my own but these are my references to learn from and I thought it was a way to get a few more eyes on my own drawings... I don't know what I was thinking, should I remove them?

Personally, I see no reason to have them here unless you've used one as a reference and you're posting it with the drawing you've made. As it is right now, it's just causing confusion to have them here. Even after you edited your post, someone still thinks you simply redrew the originals.

That being said, it's up to you whether or not you want to keep them here, though maybe mention they're not yours in each individual post because if someone doesn't look at the post where you say that, it could lead to misinformation.

But I'm just a rando person who's sensitive about stolen artwork because of issues in the past, so do whatever floats your boat as long as you're not claiming them as your own.

3 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Well simply redrawing a nice work is also a skill. I don't see why not praise him for it, even if they aren't his original work he still did redrew them well enough.

He didn't redraw them and that's fairly obvious--not only are the artstyles drastically different, a quick reverse image search brings up the original images, which wouldn't be the case if they were redrawn by him. They're just drawings by other people that he posted here. He's edited his post to say that they're not his, but when first I posted, it was very strongly implied that he had drawn them himself. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 4:51 PM, Imick Says said:

Personally, I see no reason to have them here unless you've used one as a reference and you're posting it with the drawing you've made. As it is right now, it's just causing confusion to have them here. Even after you edited your post, someone still thinks you simply redrew the originals.

That being said, it's up to you whether or not you want to keep them here, though maybe mention they're not yours in each individual post because if someone doesn't look at the post where you say that, it could lead to misinformation.

But I'm just a rando person who's sensitive about stolen artwork because of issues in the past, so do whatever floats your boat as long as you're not claiming them as your own.

He didn't redraw them and that's fairly obvious--not only are the artstyles drastically different, a quick reverse image search brings up the original images, which wouldn't be the case if they were redrawn by him. They're just drawings by other people that he posted here. He's edited his post to say that they're not his, but when first I posted, it was very strongly implied that he had drawn them himself. 

I'm sorry about that, I'll make the necessary changes to take away all confusion...

I didn't think this one through so thanks for pointing it out to me, I appreciate that.

• Thanks 1