Please Advice me about the League

jaeeger

Hi, I started playing about 3 months ago, and I want to learn tips about more experienced league players... So, if anyone are willing to drop one or two pointers are welcomed

A little about my performance in league: Actually I'm in Sexpert III, but waiting to demote, cuz' i'm too low leveled  to reach a top spot. My level is 180 with an Ego of 140.000 without boost, and the average level of the league is close to 240.

So... I should demote to Sexpert I and rotate in between Sexpert I and II? (One week promote and the another demote? or should I stay in Sexpert II?

And, If my goal is to reach a higher league, like Dicktator; I guess I should I begin to hoard boosters 

Is recommended to buy boosters from the market?

if the anwser is yes. Should I buy Every boost (rare, epic, legendary) or just epic/legendary? 

And which one Ginseng Roots, Cordyceps, Chlorella or Jujubes?

Also, What is a good combination of boosters to use If I want to have a high performance during the league?

Thanks in advance.

The 1st thing you should do is max out your stats. Girls get superceeded, boosters run out, gear gets obsolete, but stats are always in effect.

I think spending on boosters to do well in leagues really only makes sense in the D leagues. I would recommend using only free greens, greys,  (and orange and purple jujubes) now and saving everything else for when you make it to the Ds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaeeger said:

So... I should demote to Sexpert I and rotate in between Sexpert I and II? (One week promote and the another demote? or should I stay in Sexpert II?

The most advisable pattern is usually to hold steady in the rank 16-30 zone of a given league tier, skipping a few battles here and there if needed to avoid going into the top 15. If you're not strong enough to do that it's usually best to go one tier lower. (Unless you're already close and you're likely to get that strong within a few weeks.) On the flip side, since you're going to get better relative to the league fields over time if you're a reasonably active player - once you find yourself having to skip tons of battles to avoid promoting it might be time to move up to the next tier.

Generally we advise waiting until you're confident that you can promote with a top 4 finish (ideally a first place, of course), because the rewards for promoting in 5-15th place usually don't make up for the next few weeks you're going to spend with mediocre finishes at the next level.

Alternating between promotions and demotions really only makes sense if you're good enough to consistently get top 4's in the lower tier, and even then only from Dicktator I upwards. Below that, the amount of extra kobans you're going to get that way is probably not worth the XP loss you suffer in the demotion weeks, especially as players in your level range can still expect to improve their level relatively quickly, which will result in better koban earning opportunities from the leagues before too long anyway.

Alternating between rank 5-15 promotions and demotions never makes sense, as it's a loss both on kobans and on XP.

Is recommended to buy boosters from the market?

if the anwser is yes. Should I buy Every boost (rare, epic, legendary) or just epic/legendary? 

And which one Ginseng Roots, Cordyceps, Chlorella or Jujubes?

Also, What is a good combination of boosters to use If I want to have a high performance during the league?

I wouldn't worry about the booster market at your stage in the game. If you get to the point when you feel you need boosters to be competitive in the leagues, there'll still be plenty of time to acquire them. IIRC you're not far off (level 200?) from when rare boosters stop appearing in the market anyway, so you'll soon find yourself with way more availability of strong boosters than you'll require.

Any combination of ginseng and cordyceps is usually advised for maximum league performance. Chlorella can be a decent help just to be able to defeat opponents, too, but it's less helpful in maximizing the points you get for those wins. (That said, the chlorella ego boosts might be more useful at your strength than they are for top players, as e.g. the 14,700 ego points from an epic chlorella will make a lot more of a difference for your 140,000 ego than it does for more advanced players at 300,000+.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 6

Op, assuming that you want to maximise rewards, there are two strategies to consider.

1. Go to the highest division where you can place 1-4 or win consistently and win that, then skip the next week so you are demoted.

2. Go to the highest division where you can place 15-30 and place 15-30 until you can win your division, then try to place 15-30 in the higher division.

Strategy 1 yields slightly more kobans, unless several “gain xp” missions pop during your off weeks.  You will lose every gain XP challenge if you aren’t playing leagues.

Strategy 2 yields a ton more XP.  You’ll level and get stronger faster.  Your level scaling rewards, like equipment from champions, will be worth more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaeeger said:

Thanks to everybody for the tips, they're really welcomed. ☺️

To win at the leagues currently you need to be a kh player it used to be hardcore players had an advantage but not anymore

So if your not a kh player then become one ..........next somehow get 2, 5 star kh girls for your battle team............then maximize their stats and upgrade them to 5 stars as soon

as  possible at the expense of everything else......lastly do not use purple boosters until you are above level 350......yellow boosters give you more bang for your kobans below that level

boosters to use are ginseng root, cordyceps and chlorella in that order until you are a strong D3 team in which case all you can use are ginseng root and cordyceps ............chlorella 

loses much of it's effectiveness at high levels ..........remember attack power is probably your most important stat.

Trust me i have finished in the top 4 for the last 6 seasons in a row with 3 second place finishes ............take advice from @jelom or @Chthugha or @GeorgeMTO

• Like 2

@_shal_'s and @casey's advice is excellent. The only thing I would add is that the higher the league the more consistent the power of the juicy 1-4 place winners and especially spot 1. In D3 the same narrow power range usually wins 1-4 every week. In S1 on the other hand it is common to have a really high level player show up and crush for 1st. The power range that can win 1-4 is much, much wider in middle and low leagues. If you are merely "competitive" for 2-4 one or 2 slumming high level players can push you out of 2-4.

TL;DR Counting on being able to finish 1-4 is risky and not that lucrative in the middle leagues.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:57 AM, Gremlinking said:

Op, assuming that you want to maximise rewards, there are two strategies to consider.

1. Go to the highest division where you can place 1-4 or win consistently and win that, then skip the next week so you are demoted.

2. Go to the highest division where you can place 15-30 and place 15-30 until you can win your division, then try to place 15-30 in the higher division.

Strategy 1 yields slightly more kobans, unless several “gain xp” missions pop during your off weeks.  You will lose every gain XP challenge if you aren’t playing leagues.

Strategy 2 yields a ton more XP.  You’ll level and get stronger faster.  Your level scaling rewards, like equipment from champions, will be worth more.

One more thing about these 2 options. Strategy 2 is far easier to accomplish, both for in-game considerations of hero power, foes in your league, etc. However it's also easier for real-life considerations, when you may have a week you can't play enough to get top 4 without using Kobans on refills.

There will often be a league where you can reach the top 30 pretty reliably without using much in the way of boosters.