Epic Pachinko 1X Girls - Discussions

Jcord777

Lots of people believe that using the Epic Pachinko 1X is a complete waste of Kobans. Especially when it comes to getting girls. That's not true. I have gotten several girls from it. Recently just got two, the first one was Natasha, and the second was Arianne. There have been others that I have gotten this past year, although I just can't remember who they were. So surely I can't be the only one. Was there anyone else that also have gotten a girl from using the Epic Pachinko 1X? And I don't mean the 10X or the Draft because that's just way too obvious. And if so, who did you get?

• Sad 1

On 7/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, TheSonicSly said:

I wanted to try out Single Spins to see how many Girls I could score in 10 Spins and on Spin #9, I got Cop Nika. Not who I wanted but ok. Then on Spin #12 I got Mani who's alright I guess. Wow, 12 Spins and 2 Girls already? 😯 Let's keep it going! Brace Yourselves... cause from that last drop up until Single Spin #50!! I got Jack Sh!t. 😨 I thought, "hey, I didn't get one from 13 - 20, so maybe I'll get one from 21 - 30." And I kept going and going until it became painfully clear that I was bamboozled. 38 F#cking Spins and not a damn thing?! Seriously?! I've heard of bad luck but come on!

Why pay for x1 spins, when orbs are free? You will get plenty of orbs over time, and if you are spending Kobans over time pachinko x10 is the better per koban buy.

Plus pachinko x10 gives you the option of a reroll, which is nice even if you don’t think you would use it.  Last Anniversary, I rolled Val Mala on a pachinko spin and thought “she’s ok but she’s likely to be free in a few months,” and I rerolled for a rarer girl. 

x1 Rolls can be lucky.  I think somebody on the test sever guesstimated a 1:16 ratio.  I got two girls from my first four orbs, but now I’m going to save my orbs and stockpile them for the long shot chance of getting an event pachinko girl that I want.

• Like 3

So far I have tried using orbs only one time but using 8 one after the other.

On the second attempt it gave me Empress Tsubame, who is also one of those really well made and not an abortion like some of the last ones (I don't mention names since you can figure them), so I'm quite confident for this innovation.

When it was "for kobans only" I never used the Epic Pachinko x1 and only once the x10. It gave me Atila and I still regret it, I didn't know about the Epic Days yet... probably I would never use it again but can do it for free it's great!

12 hours ago, Gremlinking said:

Why pay for x1 spins, when orbs are free?

They're free now, but not in the past 3 years. Before you have to pay with kobans and then sit in a corner and cry. Because it would take you weeks if not months just to accumulate the amount and then lose it all on some legendary book hoping for a girl. It was painful back then.

• Like 1

Since this is an appropriate topic, I'd like to share some additional info on EPx1 using orbs.

Because of a recent (unavoidable!) bug with activities \ missions I created this test account to try and amass a number of orbs and subsequently test EPx1 spins. Unfortunately I didn't have much time yesterday and now it seems the bug is already fixed, thank goodness. Due to this I was unable to get a very large number of orbs, say a thousand or two, what I got was around 200, which IMO is still, more or less, a decent amount.

Now the sad and disappointing fact was that the spins spawned girls only 4 times in 200 tries. A more or less certain (0.95) probability of this happening correlates with the girl spawning probability (in EPx1) closer to 2-3% than 8-9%. Again I didn't manage to try 1000 spins or more so the error from this setup is higher than expected.

• Thanks 2

I believe I'm having abnormal luck then. I didn't count exactly but I would guess I've done around 20 or less 1x EP plays with orbs since they were added and I've got Kathy and Alpha & Omega so far

Edited by casket
spelling

A follow-up to my earlier EPx1 test from 14 months ago. 2000 spins this time, 50 each on 40 test server accounts.

• 135 Girl drops (6.8%)

• 918 Legendary Equipment drops (45.9%)
    • 744 Rainbow (81.0%)
    • 36 Hardcore (3.9%)
    • 40 Charm (4.4%)
    • 36 Know-how (3.9%)
    • 24 Harmony (2.6%)
    • 38 Endurance (4.1%)

• 947 Legendary Gift drops (47.4%)
    • 284 Flowers (30.0%)
    • 292 Chocolates (30.8%)
    • 232 Bracelets (24.5%)
    • 139 Lingerie (14.7%)

I believe that largely confirms the numbers from back then, with one possible caveat: While the earlier test strongly indicated that "useful" class stat equipment was dropping more regularly than "useless" harmony and endurance items (approximately twice as often by type), a number of people I'm regularly talking to on Discord feel - as do I - that the useless stuff seemingly started to drop a lot more often from the various sources at some point after December 2018. These new numbers may be supporting that impression at least for Endurance equipment.

(My personal anecdotal evidence from Great Pachinko, since the removal of Common equipment drops in March 2019: 8 HC, 8 Ch, 9 KH, 7 Harmony, 12 Endurance. And from Champions since their introduction in June 2019: 10 HC, 15 Ch, 7 KH, 11 Harmony, 12 Endurance.)

Still, with the individual drop totals quite low for anything except rainbows, there's a lot of uncertainty in these numbers - at one point during the test I had a series of just 102 spins that dropped no less than 8 KH and 3 Harmony items, but no Hardcore, Charm or Endurance items at all. (And as seen above, even with that strangely lucky run the KH equipment type finished with a comparatively low total overall.)

The gift drop percentages are looking a bit prettier than they did last time, and it's tempting to conclude that their split must be 30/30/25/15. Still no idea what the true numbers are, but they're probably not far off.

Anyway, with the girl drop percentage more or less re-confirmed to be somewhere in the mid-high 6.x% range, or roughly 1 girl in 15 spins, here's how the 40 individual accounts stacked up girl-wise in their respective 50 spins:

• 2x 7 girls
  • 5x 6 girls
  • 6x 5 girls
  • 8x 4 girls
  • 2x 3 girls
  • 9x 2 girls
  • 5x 1 girl
  • 3x no girl

The average number of drops was of course 135 / 40 = 3.375 per account, with a roughly even split of this sample between getting 4 and more girls (21 times), or 3 and fewer (19 times).

The longest blank streaks:

• 75 spins - 4 to end account #21, full blank on #22, then 21 to open #23
  • 62 spins - 18 to end account #1, then 44 to open #2
  • 61 spins - 5 to end account #33, full blank on #34, then 6 to open #35
  • 55 spins - 11 to end account #32, then 44 to open #33
  • 51 spins - 8 to end account #11, then 43 to open #12
  • 50 spins - 6 to end account #35, then 44 to open #36
  • 50 spins - girl on the last spin of account #39, then full blank on #40 (so ongoing at end of test)
  • 48 spins - 48 to end account #19, then girl on first spin of #20
  • 46 spins - 10 to end account #5, then 36 to open #6
  • 46 spins - 30 to end account #8, then 16 to open #9

These are all the streaks that went to 40+. And yes, the third and fourth entry combined mean that there was a stretch of 117 spins with only a single girl drop at one point. (This was followed by 3 girls dropping on the next 7 spins...) Anyway, this should demonstrate that rather long bad-luck streaks will be quite commonly encountered by players as they spend their many EPx1 orbs in the future.

Conversely, the luckiest result was once again a single instance of girls dropping on 3 consecutive spins. Another 8 times I got girls to drop on 2 back to back spins. The shortest times observed to get 4 girls were two cases of 6 spins, the quickest run of 5 girl drops took 11 spins.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 20

First up, let me openly declare that I'm f2p and this would colour my results in EP and other Pachinko events.  I've had a long history of successes from single spins in EP.  In two cases I decided to try 10 individual spins instead of the x10 option and got three girls as a result in my Peckerbird Account.  This was back when I had three accounts and wasn't expecting to have any more.  Since then there have been several times when I've had two girls from single spins out of ten I could afford to use, but, equally, I've gone long stints for zilch, apart from legendary items and have eventually acquired girls that I could've got from trolls if I'd waited a bit longer.  I've lost count of the number of times single spins have yielded one girl out of ten tries.

With the advent of orbs, I've become reacquainted with EP after a long absence, previously choosing instead to try Event Pachinko most often.  In one of my accounts I've had what could only be described as amazing success.  In Lili, which, until the last three events could only be described as a dead loss, I recruited seven girls (two from Mythic Pachinko and five from EP) since the Valentine Date event.  In Herbie Hynde over the same period I gained two in EP and one in Mythic Pachinko.   In comparison I gained two for my Adrian'smole account from EP with orbs and one for Peckerbird.  All this was for free, including with my use of kobans apart from the infrequent gains of orbs I made by refreshing combativity.  Most have come courtesy of the epic daily missions.

I have had no successes in Peregrine Took or this account, Zorba, and my successes seem directly proportional to the number of times I gained orbs.  This amounts to four times as many in Lili than for Peregrine Took or Zorba, two and a half times as many orbs for Herbie Hynde than for my unsuccessful accounts over the same period, and twice as many orbs in Peckerbird and Adrian'smole than Adrian'smole or Zorba.  I would say what has happened to me would be consistent with what others have experienced: either a dead loss, a raging success or something in between.  With six accounts I probably represent a microcosm of other people's experiences with this new system.

The patchiness and inconsistency of randomness has always been a source of wonder for me, but that's randomness for you.  For the moment Lili has a place in the sun, but this is certain to change.  However, I'm enjoying the honeymoon while I can and I'm pleased EP and the orb system has been so kind to Lili.  [just as an aside, a bit of useless trivia...  The name of Lili was inspired by any one of the names for the Housemaids and it was in Mythic Pachinko that I managed to recruit Halloween Housemaid, my only instance of her.  Dumb I know, but there you are for what it's worth].

• Like 2

I'm still open-mouthed in shock!  Lili comes up trumps... yet again!!  My latest spin of the free orb yielded this.  I'm very low on cash in that account, though, as a result of all these windfalls and I'm spending my money buying gifts for Sara Jay's final upgrade (she's not as ugly as I first thought.  In fact she passes the muster).

I still have five girls with no or only one affection star against their profiles, some regular boss girls and some from the events with a lot being high-maintenance legendary girls.  I expect to be fleeced for more money soon to move along in Digisekei so I also need to be mindful of this...

image.png.c763b551206804aeb30681ca7bfb8c67.png

This gives Lili six seven girls in EP with free orbs since the Valentine Date event, plus two one from Mythic Pachinko.  I just use the orbs as I acquire them; I don't save them up. [I got my unedited posting mixed up with my tally from Herbie Hynde].

Edited by Zorba the Geek
edit text
  • Like 1

Unsure if this is the best place but here goes...

Just for reference, the info I'm posting is this last week's only (Monday to Sunday).

Before that I got and used about 20 to 30 orbs (IIRC), having gotten one girl from them (on the very first one of them!).

16 Epic 1x orbs:

Girl - 1/16 (6,25 % - Bass)

Equipment - 6/16 (37,5%)

Affection - 9/16 (56,25%)

I'll try collecting data for this next week and see how it goes :) 

Epic Orb - Bass.png

• Like 2