#ThickGirlThursday Issue - Where is my EPx10 Orb?

DvDivXXX

I'm surprised there's no thread complaining about, or at least mentioning the issue that happened today with the redeem code offer (there's a thread in the FR section, but didn't find one in EN).

While I was sleeping late this morning, other players were lucky enough to actually redeem THIS initial (and initially advertised) version of this gift:1441608807_ThickRedeemCode.png.750038dc04e85a91408c8b311607cb48.png

They then canceled the code, changed their posts to show and mention a GPx10 orb instead of an EPx10 orb, and reactivated the code. So, people who had already claimed the EPx10 version were also able to redeem the GPx10 version as well... They claim it was a bug now, but it's not very believable at all considering the above.

I'd love free stuff for everybody as advertised. It's too bad that whoever designed the original free offer messed up, and/or that Kinkoid changed their minds after the fact, but at this point the only fair thing to do would be to give everybody who missed out on it that 5400 koban worth of free stuff...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

(for reference I did mention it in the event thread where FinderKeeper posted it, but yeah no dedicated thread)

Their posts weren't changed on twitter at least. The twitter post had initially mentioned it as a Great Pachinko orb (I commented on this weirdness on discord when I shared the tweet there), so there is definitely some merit to there being at the very least an internal miscommunication about the matter.  They did also post images which were the Epic Orbs, but well 2 months ago I had to tell a Kinkoid that Mizuki was indeed good to have in your Orgy Team. They had no idea she was tied for 2nd best KH girl in the game. They aren't really that aware of the details of their own game. And it's 10 balls in a circle, so it looks roughly alike except for the colour.

I don't think they handled this issue well though, but either one of the devs coded the bundle via an old plan or it did legitimately bug out.

Quoting myself from another thread, since I was actually online at the time the code went live, so it does give some perspective to the change.

• Thanks 8

il y a 26 minutes, Bomba a dit :

I was happy to just receive free combativity, mystic orb and GPx10 orb, but now I'm also angry that I didn't receive more free stuff. You promised EPx10, give it to us!!

nothing to add except i'm disapointed. 

Edited by jass76

2 minutes ago, Bomba said:

I was happy to just receive free combativity, mystic orb and GPx10 orb, but now I'm also angry that I didn't receive more free stuff. You promised EPx10, give it to us!!

That's very much the issue. They suck so, so bad at PR and communication in general, it's a real shame. It's not even the first time they manage to handle what should have been a strict positive so poorly that it ends up creating more negative reactions than positive ones. That's quite a feat.

I mean, had they simply left the offer as it initially came out (and was initially advertised), it was still a one-off thing valid today only, and only for players who actually check patch notes and/or their social media on a daily basis. So, a likely relatively small percentage of the player base would have benefited from it, and those players would have been super grateful. Win-win. Good publicity, good karma, happy players.

By instead removing the original thing, replacing it by a 100 times less valuable one, changing their social media posts after the fact, and pretending there was a "bug" that somehow was behind them simultaneously offering an EPx10 orb with the redeem code and showing that in their screenshots advertising the code... They manage to create a sense of unfairness, and even resentment among most players who noticed this (EVEN some who were lucky enough to catch both offers!). That's just terrible on their end.

• Like 6

This morning, i was very happy when i saw on twitter a bonus code to win a PEx10 gift.

I use the code but nothing happened. I did not have the expected gift >:(

Kinkoid said "it is a bug". My eyes have no bug, i'm sure.

@Noacc, please do something for us, it's not commercial behavior. When you promise something, you must give it. Thanks :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As I said in the patch notes discussion thread, free stuff is always welcome. That said, IMHO it does not matter if the cause was a bug or a change of mind of the devs: the result is that not all players had the chance to obtain the same rewards, transforming the "redeem code" into an "increase unbalance code". So, of the two one: or the devs intervene on all the accounts to modify them to remove the exceeding rewards (or the equivalent in the case of rewards already used), or they do it to award the difference to the players that were penalized. In my book, although maybe not of easy resolution, it is simply a matter of equal treatment (and I can't believe they want to be tagged as people who favor only some and not others, paying players aside).

• Like 6

Where is the "Thick Girl Thursday offer?"   I see no free offer of this nature when I log into Hentai Heroes.

Edit:  I just put in the redeem code per the instructions above and it appears I received the awards. 

I still have the first question.  If I had not checked the forum I would have never seen that redeem code.  How did you manage to get the first notification of this free award?

Edited by Dr. Lust

22 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

Where is the "Thick Girl Thursday offer?"   I see no free offer of this nature when I log into Hentai Heroes.

Edit:  I just put in the redeem code per the instructions above and it appears I received the awards. 

I still have the first question.  If I had not checked the forum I would have never seen that redeem code.  How did you manage to get the first notification of this free award?

I think they mentioned something in game. i remember only seeing it only one time.

43 minutes ago, LukeWarmbath said:

I learrned of it from Patch notes week 18, to quote:

A special surprise is coming this Thursday!  Follow our social media channels for more information: FB, Twitter, and Instagram!

Then when the code went live a club member notified us in chat so I checked the twitter. The post did say 10x GP not a 10x Epic so they probably always did mean to make it GP. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones that got a 10x epic orb, wouldn't be the first time they changed something a few hours after it releases and wont be the last either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Lust said:

42 minutes ago, LukeWarmbath said:

I think they mentioned something in game. i remember only seeing it only one time.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

I've seen nothing in game regarding this.

I saw it in the patch notes here.  I don't use Discord, nor do I have FB, Twitter or Instagram accounts so have no clue if/how any other communications may have gone out.

This is the one time I'm glad that I "missed out" on a freebie!  Since I knew I wasn't going to bother with the brain damage to try to get the redeem code, I'm not banging my head into my keyboard over having missed the significantly-better original rewards.  I am truly sorry for everyone else that did!

That's 2 strikes on changed rewards... er, "bugs"... in the last week.  First PoA, now this.

@DvDivXXX Thanks for initially alerting players via the forum!!! 😁👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Observer_X said:

As I said in the patch notes discussion thread, free stuff is always welcome. That said, IMHO it does not matter if the cause was a bug or a change of mind of the devs: the result is that not all players had the chance to obtain the same rewards, transforming the "redeem code" into an "increase unbalance code". So, of the two one: or the devs intervene on all the accounts to modify them to remove the exceeding rewards (or the equivalent in the case of rewards already used), or they do it to award the difference to the players that were penalized. In my book, although maybe not of easy resolution, it is simply a matter of equal treatment (and I can't believe they want to be tagged as people who favor only some and not others, paying players aside).

Couldnt agree more, but tbh, i dont think they will do anything to "fix" the situation. Considering a new event is about the start, they prolly are just hoping players wont even think about this issue in a couple of days. That way life can go on as usual as nothing happened.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

I've seen nothing in game regarding this. If it was only mentioned in twitter, what a screw up.

Makes me wonder how many other offers I missed.

It's intentionally not done in game. Promo codes like this function like virtual advertisements. It gets more people to pay attention to their social media in the hopes of future codes, which in turn means the game may get exposed to more people since they see it being engaged with. It's just a marketing tool. If you want to ensure you see future offers, subscribe to their social media.

• Like 4

Thank you for the advice but I'm passing on using social media.   I'm a child of the 70's and prefer to interact directly with other people, which I do understand, given our current worldwide pandemic environment, is extremely difficult.  But thank you for your advice.

But, to steer this back on topic so I'm not accused of highjacking another thread .....the original question.....

Where is my EPx10 Orb?

was answered above this conversation.

Edited by Dr. Lust
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The code was valid for 24 hours. How long did you sleep?

im not using twitter or facebook or instagram, saw to code today while i was looking for the event calendar in the forums. So there is no way to find things like that if you are not using the data grabbers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magic1986 said:

im not using twitter or facebook or instagram, saw to code today while i was looking for the event calendar in the forums. So there is no way to find things like that if you are not using the data grabbers

I cannot stress this enough, ALWAYS READ THE PATCH NOTES. ALWAYS. There's a direct link to them in game and it takes like 1 minute to read. Almost every single time there's a change or event the forums get posts wondering whats going on.

In this case straight from patch notes #18:

• Redeem code
    • A special surprise is coming this Thursday!  Follow our social media channels for more information!
                                                                      Twitter   Instagram  Facebook

Specifically tells you Thursday and you don't need to log in to anything. (at least on twitter, that's my go to for things like this so I didn't check the others)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Noacc locked this topic