Basic strategy guide for battles

wrbhhpsy

Am I missing something? I can't find anything more than the basic mechanics of battling . The most common question and answer I see is "who's the best? " to which someone links to the wiki page comparing all the girls. That's nice and all but what if I didn't 5 star all my girls. What if one is underleveled? What am I looking at? 

I know just by reading around a little bit that there are meta builds and fairly common girls being used. 

So can you tell me this,

What builds are there? Knowhow? Hardcore? Charm? Hybrid? Generalist? Ego? Harmony? 

Who's best for each build? 

Should I be maxing one trait (like hardcore) or should I be trying to maximize total value of the girl's stats and my own? 

If it reasonable to assume that my second best knowhow girl should be my second girl and likewise with the third girl? 

What are common boost strategies? 

How often are you switching your line up? 

Can you point me to any place where this is written out? 

Thanks! 

I can give you some advice. I am not a top player, but I understand stuff. I will use "class" to indicate your character's favored class to keep it generic. I generally end up top 30 in D2 in league, have been to D1, but since I've chosen not to be in a club, I really can't hang there.

Who is best for you, depends HEAVILY on who you have. That reference will give you info if you click through to see what they look like if they aren't at max stars. Basically it's a combination of stars and rarity in your Class. That's your short list. I recommend making your short list of girls you want to use is more than 3 , which you'll see more about later.

First off, league fights have their own sub strategy of where you want to place. In general, you want to figure out what your goal in the league is that week. Read the Chit Chat or How You Doing in the League threads for tips on planning.

In Arena fights, you have a goal of getting wins to finish the daily tasks, however you also want to be able to get that free XP & affection for girls, especially early on. I would say that assuming that your 3 best class girls should be your 3 girls is pretty much NOT true early in the game. You will be better off getting that free XP & Affection boost by swapping in girls as Betas & Omegas, as long as you get to your needed win total for the daily end result.

I swap out my lineup often for Arena. I personally don't top my core girls up right away to max them again when I level up, as I'm not close to maxing my Harem's XP for all of them. They are (LVL-1) level when I am move up to LVL, and I let them get that XP to max out via the Arena.

I have four 5* legendary girls in my class, so they rotate between Alphas as they need XP to level up when I level up.  So I have essentially 4 girls who are roughly the same and they rotate into the top 2 spots, along with a 5* rare I have, keeping them maxed well before I level up again.

I will use my Omega slot as a spot to get someone XP. If I am working on a Champion, and I just leveled up, that spot will go to a girl that was maxed that I am using against the Champion - that's also true for picking between core girls in the first slots.  Otherwise, I will just slide in an Omega who is a starter girl that needs little XP to max again, and then repeat as I can, and increase rarity if practical.

Regarding equipment builds, it's a combination of Class items, and Super Sexy ( aka Rainbow or Generalist) items. I am pretty sure nobody equips pure Harmony or Endurance items. What ratio works well for you and how/when to boost is a more detailed subject, and it seems like you are Know-How, which I am not. I will leave that to more expert folks than I who are your class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Basic guide (low to medium level player):

- Equipment: get all rainbow.

- Girls: use your best girls in your class with at least two of them with her level maxed

- Market: max your stats, starting for your class first.

- Boosters: Never use jujubes.

- Gain levels

Advanced:

Read the wiki: https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Battle

Read ALL the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jelom said:

Read ALL the forum.

EVERY                    SINGLE                  POST                         IN                        EVERY                      SINGLE                     THREAD.

:D 

• Haha 8

Hi @wrbhhpsy, you've already had a couple of replies from players with infinitely more game time than me but, just in case you'd like some advice from someone who was in a broadly similar position to you just a few months ago (I started playing on 26/01/20), here are my thoughts:-

The two main builds are a hybrid build with the girls ordered in accordance with the 'dominance scheme' - the build I, &, following a quick search, i note you, use - or 3 girls whose leading stat is the same as one's own leading stat (like me, you're a know-how player so that would be 3 know-how girls). The upside of the hybrid build is that you get the +20% harmony boost &, imo, once your beta & omega girls come into play, more balanced stats. The upside of the 3x [the player's leading stat] build is that all of the girls will attack using the player's strongest stat but you don't get the +20% harmony boost & your stats can become a little unbalanced - which, in our case, would leave us more vulnerable to hardcore &, to a lesser extent (i think!), charm attacks.

As Jelom has already noted, your best girls depend on who you have and what your leading stat is. You're already using all 5 star girls &, personally, I wouldn't switch them for any 3 star legendaries if/when you get them. I note that your charm girl, Abrael, only has 3 of her 5 stars & that you have Mizuki in your harem - you need to add Abrael's 4th & 5th stars asap & level-up Mizuki as quickly as you can too (this will consume a lot of your resources but a leveled-up Mizuki as your alpha will very significantly boost your stats and, even on 4 stars, will improve them). Also, if you do happen to obtain any Rare or Epic 5 star girls (neither seem to crop up very often) then it goes without saying that, once leveled-up, they will be superior to any 5 star common or beginner girls that you may have in your battle team.

Re: traits: personally, I'm trying to keep my upgrades balanced for now but I may change my approach once my leading stats are all over 30k. You could opt to max know-how, which will significantly improve your attack, but as with the make-up of your battle team, this will leave you (comparatively) more vulnerable to hardcore & charm attacks.

Boost strategies depend on what you can afford: I'm not a free-to-play player &, consequently, have no problem maintaining constant boosts but if kobans are an issue then prioritise using them on the last few days of the League; at your level the benefit of the %age boosts offered by legendary boosters will be negligible - stick the epics or, failing that, rares; &, as Jelom has already noted, don't use jujubes - they're rubbish!

I don't bother switching my line-up at all but that may be because I'm not free-to-play &, consequently, resources are less of an issue for me.

The Wiki player guide is, as you've probably found, hopelessly out of date but I'm yet to find anywhere else where a player guide has been published (though that's not to say that there isn't an up to date one somewhere).

Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that the club you're a member of has really rubbish boosts: if you're a member because you're friends with the other members then fair enough, stay put, but if you only joined for the boosts then moving to another club with better boosts* will give you an instant stats boost.

*You can search the clubs via upgrades by going to the Tower of Fame and selecting clubs & then changing the ordering from by level to by upgrades. You will not find a club with maxed-out boosts that will take a player of your (or my) level but if you scroll on a few pages you should find one with much better boosts that your current club's that will.

2 hours ago, Bruce Buttfucker said:

The two main builds are a hybrid build with the girls ordered in accordance with the 'dominance scheme' - the build I, &, following a quick search, i note you, use - or 3 girls whose leading stat is the same as one's own leading stat (like me, you're a know-how player so that would be 3 know-how girls). The upside of the hybrid build is that you get the +20% harmony boost &, imo, once your beta & omega girls come into play, more balanced stats. The upside of the 3x [the player's leading stat] build is that all of the girls will attack using the player's strongest stat but you don't get the +20% harmony boost & your stats can become a little unbalanced - which, in our case, would leave us more vulnerable to hardcore &, to a lesser extent (i think!), charm attacks.

I'm afraid your assessment of "hybrid" builds is very wrong, specifically on two points:

1) Beta and omega girls always contribute according to the stat value they have in the player's class. Unlike what you've probably assumed, this goes for both offense and defense, so it's not possible to balance anything by selecting off-class girls. In your case, Fanny & Fione and Cunegonde's offensive and defensive impact is based on their (comparatively low) KH values.

2) Harmony percentage and dominance scheme bonus are completely independent of the girls you select. Only market/equipment/club stats matter for the (base) percentage, only your and your opponent's player classes matter for the dominance bonus.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I'm afraid your assessment of "hybrid" builds is very wrong, specifically on two points:

1) Beta and omega girls always contribute according to the stat value they have in the player's class. Unlike what you've probably assumed, this goes for both offense and defense, so it's not possible to balance anything by selecting off-class girls. In your case, Fanny & Fione and Cunegonde's offensive and defensive impact is based on their (comparatively low) KH values.

2) Harmony percentage and dominance scheme bonus are completely independent of the girls you select. Only market/equipment/club stats matter for the (base) percentage, only your and your opponent's player classes matter for the dominance bonus.

Having checked the Wiki I can see that i have indeed misinterpreted the dominance scheme info-graphic - thank you for pointing that out, Shal, I may now reassess the structure of my battle team & prioritise adding Valentina's last 2 stars - however, unless i'm misreading it, the Wiki Battle Guide seems to contradict what you've said re: using off-class girls in order to balance one's defensive stats:

Screenshot (16).png

OK, as the rookie of the bunch, i'll add some nonsense too. I'm actually curious what the experts will say.

I started this account, played awhile, and have since started a 2nd account that I play the way I think a new player should play. Note: I'm still starting out on that account, and I have *NO* idea if the following strategy is actually doable :D:D.

Things to do, and why:

Buy levels on your stats in the market. Do all because as I explain below your first target are the champions, and you'll want all stats for those, afaik.

Quests and Daily missions. Get the XP and pressies. Don't worry about leveling too far, XP is fairly easy to buy. And you do want to pick up the levels on your account.

Arena. First objective is to clear the daily quest, secondary objective is to pick up some free xp and affection. You do *not* need to put your best team here! The game will match you with some players of comparable strength. If you swap a strong team for a much weaker team, you'll loose a couple of times, and then you start winning again. Being "the best" is simply irrelevant here. Spread the free XP and affection within your harem.

League. As a new player you'll muck about in wanker leagues for the sole purpose of picking up free kobans. Don't bother being the best; you're not.

So, if being the best doesn't matter, what are we going to do?

Your first real objective as a new player is not in the Arena or Leagues, it is in the Champions. Champions 4, 5 and 6 hold the best girls for the 3 classes. Unfortunately you have limited influence on who get's to fight with the champions. You do however have influence over who joins your harem. If you fill your harem *only* with starter and common girls, those are fairly cheap to give stars to, and of the ones you will get simply by questing a lot have 5 stars and high income.

Level up the starter girls to 3 start asap for the higher income and longer timers. Princes Agathe is next. Then level 5 star common girls before 3 star commons. The cost are the same and with the 5 stars you can push them further. Do 4th and 5th stars when you can afford it. Level a 3 star girl if you can't afford a 4th or 5th level. Give affection to 5th star only on girls you will never use in the arena.

So I suggest a new player should only pick up those girls, avoid the tier 2 and 3 girls from the bosses, keep all orbs in his pocket, and prepare to fight the bosses with a harem full of 3/5 starred, high level starter and common girls. By far the easiest class to do this with is Hardcore. Of the first 4 girls, 2 are high income, fair HC score girls, and they keep coming. The hardest to play this with is charm. My theory is that gaining rare or epic girls in this phase is a liability, not a plus. They'll get selected for champion fights even though you don't have the money to level them or raise their affection, and certainly not to pay for the affection scenes. These girls are low income/high maintenance!

(I admit: I don't know if common girls, even if fully starred and leveled, are strong enough to defeat the higher champions. I'm excited to find out! :D)

Playing hard-core will help get to the girl of your choice faster, as the first 5 star legendary you will pick up from a champion is HC.

After you've gained the boss-girl of your choice (not the 3 star girls from boss 1, 2 and 3, but the 5 star girl), the game changes. Now you want to add as many girls as you can, because that will add (slowly) to your stamina. You will also have a base income by now with which you can actually afford to level up rare and epic girls. At this stage it doesn't really matter what class you play. Turn in all your orbs and see who you get. Pick up Mizuki for know-how for a very good 2nd girl in a team. Pick up all the tier 2 and 3 girls up from villains. Form a team, level up those girls and go have fun in the leagues. Level up the rest of the girls so you can keep playing the bosses for money and gear.

This is what my "play-style" is for my 2nd account. In a couple of months I'll tell you how it went :D. It might be utter rubbish, but I'm enjoying it for now.

PS

When you get your first girls, and the extra shards get converted to flowers, it can be tempting to sell some of those flowers for all of that lovely cash. Don't. After recent changes in the game I feel like affection is the hardest to get and most expensive to buy. Affection stars are fixed, and XP certainly won't break the bank.

Edited by Benefuci

19 minutes ago, Bruce Buttfucker said:

Having checked the Wiki I can see that i have indeed misinterpreted the dominance scheme info-graphic - thank you for pointing that out, Shal, I may now reassess the structure of my battle team & prioritise adding Valentina's last 2 stars - however, unless i'm misreading it, the Wiki Battle Guide seems to contradict what you've said re: using off-class girls in order to balance one's defensive stats:

Yes, the wiki's use of "main stat" is rather confusing there when it comes to the girls' contributions. You can easily test this against a Charm league opponent by putting in a KH beta that has a higher KH value (and lower Charm) than F&F's and comparing the damage the opponent does on you after his first orgasm. You'll be taking less damage with the KH girl.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Yes, the wiki's use of "main stat" is rather confusing there when it comes to the girls' contributions. You can easily test this

There is no need to test. The specs when preparing to fight give a range for defense values, based on just Alpha included (lowest score) up to all 3 girls involved (highest score). By swapping out girls we should be able to see the effect on defense. It's too late now but if no one dives into this I'll have a look tomorrow.

I do find the phrase "main stat" confusing as well. If it really is the girl's main stat, then essentially the class of the beta and omega don't matter for defense, the game will always take the highest value. I'd find that really odd. But even if it is true, a Beta and Omega with the same main class as the hero would be preferable (assuming girls with equal values are available) because of their higher contribution to attack. Whatever the case, it is at least certain that a high KH girl will not help specifically raise defense against KH. She will simply add her high value to *any* defense.

33 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Yes, the wiki's use of "main stat" is rather confusing there when it comes to the girls' contributions. You can easily test this against a Charm league opponent by putting in a KH beta that has a higher KH value (and lower Charm) than F&F's and comparing the damage the opponent does on you after his first orgasm. You'll be taking less damage with the KH girl.

Just tested it & you are, indeed, correct, Shal. Took almost 5k less damage per hit with a common KH girl (Zoe) as my beta. Thank you.

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker

Lots of great information with plenty of math going on here. super appreciative of all the input. Still going to have to work at this to distill all this valuable information into something that easy for my noob brain to understand without knowing the nitty gritty of the mechanics you guys are all describing. 

P.S I didn't know that what order you get the girls in affects costs! Wish that more obvious as I thought grinding for all the event girls was the way to go. 

3 minutes ago, wrbhhpsy said:

Lots of great information with plenty of math going on here. super appreciative of all the input. Still going to have to work at this to distill all this valuable information into something that easy for my noob brain to understand without knowing the nitty gritty of the mechanics you guys are all describing. 

P.S I didn't know that what order you get the girls in affects costs! Wish that more obvious as I thought grinding for all the event girls was the way to go. 

The order you get the girls in no longer affects costs at all. It's all about rarity and what star level you are going to. You want to max out your starter girls affection for max income, then commons.

4 minutes ago, wrbhhpsy said:

Oh that's horribly outdated. It's just based on the rarity of the girl now. If girl #7 is a legendary, she'll cost the same as a legendary girl as #368.

2 minutes ago, Zteev said:

The order you get the girls in no longer affects costs at all. It's all about rarity and what star level you are going to. You want to max out your starter girls affection for max income, then commons.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Oh that's horribly outdated. It's just based on the rarity of the girl now. If girl #7 is a legendary, she'll cost the same as a legendary girl as #368.

Oh thanks! That's a relief!