Patch Notes Week #20 discussion

jelom

New patch notes, this time only in Kinkoid.com (for the time being)

https://www.kinkoid.com/patchnotes/hh_week20/

Villains

• Sylvanus receives a new Tier at level 170 (to level 350)
    • The new Girl for this Tier is Avia

avia0.png

Aviaic_carac-tech-1.png

• Sylvanus receives a new Tier at level 350 (to level 540)
    • The new Girl for this Tier is Preya

preya-7.png

Preyaic_carac-Charme.png

• Bremen receives a new Tier at level 210 (to level 410)
    • The Girl for this Tier is Polana

Polana.png

Polanaic_carac-Hardcore.png

• Bremen receives a new Tier at level 410 (to level 640)
    • The girls for this Tier is Yulita

yulita.png

Yulitaic_carac-tech-1.png

Daily Missions

• 5 new Daily Missions have been added in the game

Update hours change 

• For technical reasons, starting next week the release hour will be moved to 13:00 UTC+1 
    • This change will give us a faster reaction time for future updates and releases. 
    • This will affect daily missions, arena daily quest, contests, leaderboard, and leagues  

Promo

• The Advanced Hentai Action Party will soon be at your doorstep! 
    • From the 14th to 19th of May visit our partners at ImLive and receive the exclusive LuxuriousBody- just follow the banner in the game. 
      • NOTE: Please be patient, it can take up to an hour for her to show up in your Harem after registering.
    • Check out the special landing page and find the keyword with a #- use them as redeem codes to win special rewards in the game
    • Make any purchase from ImLive and you will get credits worth $50
    • The duration of the event is 5 days
    • Vote for your favorite cam models and 3 of them will get their own avatars in the Haremverse

luxuru.png

LuxuriousBodyic_carac-Hardcore.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks! I noticed your thread just as I was about to create one myself. ^^ Lots to discuss here, both good (even freaking great!), bad, and potentially ugly (we'll know for sure tomorrow).

Lola posted the FR version of the announcement thread, although the EN one is a bit late this time:

Also, this is Week 20* not 19, as you can see. ^^ I know the last one you posted was about week 18 but a week has passed in between.

• Like 1

Tier Girls

Not sure what is over Avia's nose but something is definitely wrong there, IMO 🧐🤨

Preya and Yulita are the ones I'm more looking forward to 👌

Once again, many thanks for more tier girls 👏 

Daily Missions

Will have to wait and see about how they look.

Hour Change

This should be huge for my timezone. The reset time was at 4 am around here and, if I'm not wrong, it should change to noon/12 am from next week onwards.

Will be able to compete properly for the contests! 🙌  And it helps that all the resets are at a much flexible hour... again, in my timezone.

A gamechanger for us, IMO.

Promo

A bit disappointed about this, as I understood the announcement differently and was expecting a different event coming up, instead of this.

But like last time, if it helps the game someway without affecting it negatively... go for it!

Hopefully the cross-promo/rewards and such will be cool and work well but will have to wait and see how it goes.

If the girl is easily/freely gettable, it's already great 👍

Overall, and at least around here, this should be all positive/good news, so great news indeed 👍👏

• Like 3

Just now, Darsca said:

Fixed with magic powers 😁

Thanks! I know it might seem a bit OCD, but I prefer the thread to be consistent with the patch notes it refers to. And thanks for your answer to Kariya's question (which I was also wondering about) and screenshot in the OD thread (maybe it'd make more sense to move these posts here now that there's a thread specifically about the patch notes rather than the OD event itself). You've been with us for a relatively short time, even more so as a mod, but you've been doing a great job so far. Much appreciated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jelom said:

Update hours change 

• For technical reasons, starting next week the release hour will be moved to 13:00 UTC+1 

So, ResidentSleepers become not so sleepy anymore? That's gonna be more tough and... fun, I guess. All these crazy people busting all their reserves just to win in an event and get 300 kobans will triple their amount... or even more. It will definitely reduce my winrate in the contests, sadly. The update time is now during my working hours, which is even worse than crazy people. But we'll see how it goes. 😐

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

And thanks for your answer to Kariya's question (which I was also wondering about) and screenshot in the OD thread (maybe it'd make more sense to move these posts here now that there's a thread specifically about the patch notes rather than the OD event itself).

Hmm. I can't actually move specific posts from one thread to another without merging them together entirely, which I'm not going to do. I could be missing something, I'm not totally familiar with all the functions yet. For now I shall re-post it here as well since it's relevant.

image.png

So as far as I can tell next week's league is going to run 8 hours longer than normal as we move reset times, then should happen from 13:00 UTC+2 (Paris time) on Thursday from then on.

Oh right, and Kinkoid still don't do timezones well. The one in the patch notes is wrong. UTC+2

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Just reviewed the mail/notes in game.  Well........at least us casual players can still get the promo girl from IMLIVE.  I'll be patient and wait until the next event.  Overall, the new girls and artwork look just fine to me.  I'll have to work on upgrading all the villains in the future.

The new timeslot will be interesting. Right now, during the longest event missions I can found myself having difficulties to finish all the tasks before reset/going to sleep, but only from time to time. With the new system, I can do the regular ones during the day and leave the long one running while sleeping.

The new girls look good, except for Avia's Michael Jackson style nose, but we'll hopefully see the reason for that in her story.

And I don't know if I'll get the promo girl. I mean, I have an email account that's for nothing but things I don't care, but I'm not sure I'll want to use it on a cam-girls site.

Prey for Preya! Cause this girl is awesome!

Avia on the other hand... makes a good attempt to compete with Holiday and Kryll in a very strange way. But who am I to judge, maybe there's some sort of nose fetish I'm not aware of.

The reset time change is interesting. I thought they wanted it to be at the time when people are less active. And now they put it at the prime spot and everyone will now compete in the contests till the last second. Wouldn't that put more load on the server?

21 minutes ago, Darsca said:

Hmm. I can't actually move specific posts from one thread to another without merging them together entirely, which I'm not going to do. I could be missing something, I'm not totally familiar with all the functions yet. For now I shall re-post it here as well since it's relevant.

image.png

So as far as I can tell next week's league is going to run 8 hours longer than normal as we move reset times, then should happen from 13:00 UTC+2 (Paris time) on Thursday from then on.

Oh right, and Kinkoid still don't do timezones well. The one in the patch notes is wrong. UTC+2

Thank you for valuable information! It's good to have it in both threads.

8 minutes ago, Bomba said:

And now they put it at the prime spot and everyone will now compete in the contests till the last second. Wouldn't that put more load on the server?

Oh, I didn't think about server lags. If there would be server lags with multiple people competing on the last seconds... well.. there would be a lot of burning asses 😀

I'm not going to quote everyone that's brought it up, but I believe the bizarre nose on Avia is a nod to her inspiration, which is Medli from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Back when game characters were made of triangles. 

Dem.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Darsca said:

I'm not going to quote everyone that's brought it up, but I believe the bizarre nose on Avia is a nod to her inspiration, which is Medli from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Back when game characters were made of triangles. 

Dem.png

Oh! Thanks for the info... at least, now it makes some sort of sense. Because without it, it really felt... awkward 😅

Still, it stands out in a weird way (to me) because all the rest seems "right" ;) But given the source, at least it's justified.

Villains

• It's awesome that Silvanus and Bremen join the club of upgraded map bosses, and we get more relevant content to farm for during events (and beyond)! Now every villain has at least 2 tiers from Dark Lord to Roko. Great news! Thank you for that. 👍👍

• In terms of drawing quality, style and design, my first impressions on the upcoming new tier girls (based on the initial pose alone):
    Avia: Decent design, bad drawing (the arms in particular look like spaghetti, and the legs are wrong as well; definitely the work of one of the subpar artists in the current roster). 👎

Preya: Cool design, great drawing (definitely the work of one of the top artists in the roster). 👍

Polana: Decent design, bad drawing (not as awkward or misshaped as Avia, but those dead eyes, overly simplistic shapes, smiley-like dead-center face angle, complete lack of inks or variation in line width, and extra emphasis on the coloring job to "make up for it" are all signature tropes of the artist I'll keep calling "the Holiday guy" for now; who did improve somewhat since their first offerings, but nowhere near enough to earn their place here imho). 👎

Yulita: Decent design, good drawing (definitely also the work of one of the good artists in the current team). I'm not a huge fan of the character's looks based on this first piece (although it's at least different from a lot of girls, so potentially interesting), and I see a minor issue with the fingers (a bit squiggly and awkward, as opposed to Preya's very well-made hands) but apart from that, it's more than fair, and could even turn out very good in the affection scenes and later poses. 👍

Daily Missions

• Sure, why not. It's always nice to get a few extra drawings here and there. Although, now that we're on this subject, I have one small complaint/request about these: when they're particularly good, I really wish we could expand them and get to see the full-size picture instead of just a thumbnail... 👍

Update hours change 

• GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!!!!!1!111!!!! This is probably the most impactful, most welcomed (and most highly anticipated) positive change to the game since I started 9 months ago (and for years before my time, if I'm not mistaken) for anyone who doesn't live in the NA time zones, and especially for us players from the EU time zones. Since the dawn of time, we've been at the complete and utter mercy of NA players for anything and everything competitive that requires timing (mainly competitions, especially since the format switch to one a day, and of course leagues), except for the few of us in or around the CET time zone who aren't typically asleep at 5AM for whatever reason (rarely fun ones). It would be an understatement to say that this change was long overdue, considering that the vast majority of players are from EU and NA (and probably more from EU than NA overall, although that's just a guess), so it was pretty unfair that one group had the reset at the worst possible hour and the other at a very convenient one. And hey! it's not even that bad for NA players, at least those from the East Coast: the new reset time should be 7AM EST, which is worlds apart from the 5AM reset we've had in most of Europe so far (at least it's realistic for many people who get up early for work). It won't be so great for Pacific time, but oh well, that's how the cookies crumble, my dudes. And you sure have been crumbling those cookies for long enough. Now our time finally comes! 👍👍👍

Promo

• The Webcam partner site "event" itself:
    Hmmpf. So that's the big thing we were supposed to guess and even get hyped for? The return of a somewhat improved crosspromo "event" that was of nearly no relevance to the game itself the last time? No surprise that no one guessed it. I wouldn't have imagined in a million years that the one time Kinkoid decides to communicate ahead and try to get us hyped about something, it would be a thing that most players didn't care for the first time around, and had likely even forgotten. Oh well, I guess being bad at communication goes both ways. It's really a shame. With proper PR, you would have a ton more trust, love and devotion from your community (and deservedly so). 👎 Moving on...

• Fabienne, Boku Mi Maï and Val Kelina??
    I really hope I'm wrong (we'll find out soon enough), but... As of this writing, I have every reason to believe that none of these harem girls will be present in the actual event we're about to have (or in the parallel crosspromo for that matter), contrary to what the guessing game thread hyped us into assuming. Since the event turns out to be a now-regular mega-Orgy Days as we've had last month, and none of those three girls would make sense to be included in that pool (especially now that the social media banner for the upcoming OD showed two new girls, presumably the two usual new additions to the permanent EP pool). Fabienne is a 5-star LD girl, whose inclusion in the OD format would be a world first, and both Boku Mi Maï and Val Kelina are event girls from past events that didn't take place in May, so we shouldn't normally expect them either (plus, the latter was already revived fairly recently in OD #4 back in February).

Sooo... "These ladies will be there" = some of the partner webcam site girls will cosplay as them on their own site?.. If I'm right (and again I'd love to be proven wrong, here), that's definitely a huge disappointment, and another prime example of just how much Kinkoid needs to take a crash-course in basic PR and communication ASAP. 👎👎

• Free Haremette (LuxuriousBody) given away through the crosspromo with the partner site:
    Sounds great! No idea what class, number of stars or even rarity she will be (my guess is on a HC 3-star Legendary, though), but a free girl is always a very nice touch, and already makes the livecam website thing much more valuable for HH players than it was last time. 👍
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but as I did for the other additions above, I'll also give my first impression on LuxuriousBody based on the initial pose: decent design, and decent drawing (one of the middle-of-the-pack artists of the current roster, I think; not great but not bad either). 👍

• Redeem code(s):
    Sounds great. I sincerely hope there will be no pretend bug this time around, and no double-dipping for the lucky few who get to use the code before Kinkoid decides to be less generous than their initial announcement and then communicate very poorly about it as they did with the Thursday code last time. It would be yet another missed opportunity to grab good karma and trust from the community. Other than that, yay! Free stuff is free stuff. Looking forward to grabbing it. 👍

• $50 offer on ImLive:
    Sure, why not. It has no direct impact on HentaiHeroes itself, but it's a nice touch for those of us who might be interested is the partner site, and it certainly doesn't hurt the game to get some publicity. 👍

• 3 more Harem girls based on cam models:
    I'm assuming this is the same confusing wording they've used in the previous promo with this webcam site the last time, and that they indeed mean "harem girl" and not "avatar" as in what an avatar is in HH ("alter ego" or any other term would have been clearer). So, we'll probably end up with 3 more girls added into the already-crowded EP pool, with designs that don't quite fit the game, much like Sara Jay or Jenna HottyTEEN69 from the previous crosspromo thing. Oh well. Not too thrilled about that, but it will still beat Holiday, I guess... 👎

TL;DR

• AMAZING news for all non-NA players, especially for the myriads of EU players (reset time change) 👍👍👍
  • GREAT news for all (new Villain tiers, Free Harem Girl from crosspromo, redeem code) 👍👍
  • GOOD to WHATEVER stuff (daily missions, the ImLive part of the promo, new villain girls, new EP girls based on cam models) 👍
  • BAD stuff (hyping us for an overall fairly underwhelming crosspromo thing, even though it comes with perks this time) 👎
  • (PROBABLE) UGLY stuff (misleading us into expecting specific girls in the game for the upcoming event, especially FABIENNE) 👎👎

3 hours ago, Karyia said:

Not sure what is over Avia's nose but something is definitely wrong there, IMO

2 hours ago, Eman said:

except for Avia's Michael Jackson style nose, but we'll hopefully see the reason for that in her story.

2 hours ago, Bomba said:

But who am I to judge, maybe there's some sort of nose fetish I'm not aware of.

2 hours ago, Darsca said:

I believe the bizarre nose on Avia is a nod to her inspiration, which is Medli from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Back when game characters were made of triangles.

Come ON guys... She's called Avia, as in avian... relating to birds. So her "weird nose" might be, you know, a beak. ^^ Even though the drawing itself is quite bad overall, that part is clear enough; no big mystery there.

Edited by DvDivXXX
typo
  • Like 22

33 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

at least those from the West Coast:

Minor typo but should be East Coast :) 

33 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Fabienne, Boku Mi Maï and Val Kelina??

This should really be about the cam event... I saw one video/post of a girl who really seemed like Boku Mi Mai. 

So, I think like myself, you took that announcement as an event in-game, while it seems like it's going to be the cam party.

I found it very suspicious that a 5-star legendary would be into another event other than Legendary Days, and it seems it will remain like that. 

Wrong expectation :P

Also, totally agree with the reset part, though it's actually a partial solution overall.

Our problem was just relocated to US' West Coast (and others from that timezone), for now.

Not that I'm complaining, since I complained from how it was before.

But hopefully, and later on, something will get done that can accomodate most (if not all) people. 

Let's see how it goes next week (the reset change).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Come ON guys... She's called Avia, as in avian... relating to birds. So her "weird nose" might be, you know, a beak. ^^ Even though the drawing itself is quite bad overall, that part is clear enough; no big mystery there.

Might be. She also might be just a simple dwarf girl with a characteristic big wide red nose.

Honestly, it's located in the same position as nose. Has the same general proportions. Has nearly the same color with just a little red added. The only difference is shape. So it's supposed to be a nose. By the same logic their arms could as well be tentacles shaped like arms. You just need to use your imagination a little bit. But we're not here to guess what artist wanted to express with his art. Maybe you're right and he wanted to express a beak. But by the same logic we should worship Holiday and Kryll, because artist saw them as gorgeous legendary girls.

I think if people come here and say that she has a weird/strange nose instead of asking why she has a beak, then the artist failed at his/her attempt to draw a beak.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Bomba said:

I think if people come here and say that she has a weird/strange nose instead of asking why she has a beak, then the artist failed at his/her attempt to draw a beak.

Sure. No argument there, this is definitely a subpar drawing, as I've said. But we can still get information from it. For instance, her arms do look like spaghetti, but it's more reasonable to assume that the artist tried to convey the information "those things are her arms" than "btw, she's an elf/spaghetti crossover". I was mostly pointing out the hint in her name itself. With a name like Avia(n), this weird triangular thing in the middle of her face seems more likely to try and convey "she's an avian, so she has a beak" than "I'm not good in general, but noses are just too much to ask! here's a red triangle instead".

Also, a closer look might help, here (definitely not a dwarf with those ears, and overall proportions; the art is bad, but not that bad):

2137876132_AvianBeak.png.5a7e59560a065f627155f95943a340fb.png

New girls, as usual, are always welcome, apart the facts I don't go crazy for Avia, and I will need months to unlock those two tier 3.

The new daily missions means more variety, and although I think that there are more important implementations that should be done in the game, this won't do any harm.

About the reset time change... well... I am nearly crying of joy. Hands down. Nothing else to say.

About the next event, someone might remember I stated my opinion on camgirls and hentai games quite clearly in the last occasion this argument popped up. For sure, if registering to the cam site is the only way to obtain the new girl and the redeem code, I won't obtain neither the new girl nor the extra rewards.

8 hours ago, jelom said:

Make any purchase from ImLive and you will get credits worth $50

Need a clarification, is this $50 worth of kobans or $50 worth of whatever currency ImLive uses?

Pretty sure it's the latter but not certain.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Also, a closer look might help, here

Last night I was in an RPG session where a character ran full-speed into an invisible barrier & broke her nose.  That was the image I had when I first saw Avia this morning in the patch notes, but it wasn't quite right.  The nose didn't look broken, just... wrong.  She reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place who- until now.

Thanks for the closeup!  Seeing the details, I now have a clear "Mrs. Potato Head" vibe.

6 hours ago, Darsca said:

I believe the bizarre nose on Avia is a nod to her inspiration, which is Medli from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Back when game characters were made of triangles.

Maybe you're right.  At least that would explain the nose/beak/potato-head-toy-piece.  And then some player(s) may be ecstatic that a Zelda figure (or other retro/classic art style) has been "reborn" here- different tastes, to each their own, etc.

I try to maintain a positive outlook and therefore hope that with affection increases (as a boss girl, one day I'll have her in my harem) she'll evolve into someone that I won't mind looking at.  IMHO, the rest of her artwork is alright.

Preya is definitely my #1 pick!  Looking forward to LuxuriousBody (please magically be free 5* HC!) and Yulita, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So I registered just to get the Harem girl from the Live site.  But I did not see any #- keyword anywhere to redeem for any prizes. 

Does anyone know what the #- keyword is.  In the meantime I shall patiently wait to see if Luxurious Body appears in my harem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Darsca said:

image.png

the longer day isnt shown in leagues atm, so it would be really great to know for sure when the leagues ends (to be sure I have to finish it before 5 am utc+2, right? Cause it's still KK we are talking about)

• Like 2

Question for anyone who can facilitate resolution regarding this with KK: Why is the Advanced Hentai Action Party site is not automatically available for all players, therefore, only selected players can participate and make a purchase for rewards? When I click the AHAP banner on my screen, an almost empty pop-up screen has this prompted message per the below screenshot:

blob.png.45ba846cf85275c670157bd997b69f29.png

If this will be the case for me due to current location restriction, would it be better to just remove that feature on my screen since it is rendered as a useless feature for me to participate in order to add a new reward girl in my harem and make a purchase for more rewards?

Thank you for spending time reading this clarification inquiry of mine. 

Edited by $exgod69
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:
  • Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but as I did for the other additions above, I'll also give my first impression on LuxuriousBody based on the initial pose: decent design, and decent drawing (one of the middle-of-the-pack artists of the current roster, I think; not great but not bad either). 👍

Don't worry, I've already shown myself as an asshole in the forums, so I will look a gift horse in the mouth! :D I've been thinking overall about all the problems I've had with new art- and this one exemplifies one of them very well- there are almost no lines, it looks so flat! Look at her face and upper body- there is no sense of depth in there. The girl looks like she's literally made out of plastic (and I dont mean through surgery), kind of like she has been squished from front to back and now looks like a flattened out plant in a herbarium- which is another reason why they're looking more and more lifeless... Only difference between the promo girl and Holiday is that there are no dead eyes. Proportions seem fine, but the flatness kills it entirely for me, because the more you look the less appealing it seems- and to me it doesn't seem that the artist cant do good work, it seems like this is 50% of the finished picture, looks like a flat (I think that's the right term from artists, "flats" are basically initially coloured sketches, without any detail added to them). And to avoid this they just slap on some shitty glare over the image and you get the awful lifeless look... I've been thinking more and more that all of the new art might also be a rushjob and that they've been cutting corners, because it sure as hell looks like there's less effort put into these compared to older events (like magical girls for example, which is party included in the current Orgy days)
Other than that, I agree with your essay above, well written I gotta say! :D

Edited by Čamuga
Spelling
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sure. No argument there, this is definitely a subpar drawing, as I've said. But we can still get information from it. For instance, her arms do look like spaghetti, but it's more reasonable to assume that the artist tried to convey the information "those things are her arms" than "btw, she's an elf/spaghetti crossover". I was mostly pointing out the hint in her name itself. With a name like Avia(n), this weird triangular thing in the middle of her face seems more likely to try and convey "she's an avian, so she has a beak" than "I'm not good in general, but noses are just too much to ask! here's a red triangle instead".

Also, a closer look might help, here (definitely not a dwarf with those ears, and overall proportions; the art is bad, but not that bad):

Reveal hidden contents

2137876132_AvianBeak.png.5a7e59560a065f627155f95943a340fb.png

Spaghetti arms, potato nose and chicken wings(3rd pose spoiler). Someone out there has a food fetish and has the best day, because his dream girl finally made it to the HentaiHeroes.

Me, I'm a simple man. I see redhead Preya. She's drawn like the gorgeous girl she is supposed to be. And I'm quite happy with that. And I would rather discuss nice girls instead of art abominations. Have you seen Preya's braid?! Isn't that enticingly cute?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1