Celia, the Faerie Queene

Pelinor

Hello, I created this picture as part of my new club's promotional posting. After editing the post to include Celia, I realized the club promotions post would be an inappropriate forum to get feedback on my creation. So here she is, what do you think of her?

celia-001.png.4c62447fa86047ed67c061a93bd03471.png

23 hours ago, Varnart said:

nice, good expression and facial features, nice body proportion, and the gesture of the hand and staff is good

Thank you, I am not a "people artist" usually so this picture took me several hours (and I gave up on the girls "below the hips" part of the drawing).

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me, but it is a photo-edited drawing of a tracing I made of this model. I intended to create a 2-d image of the figure which would fit better in the game. That is why, if you zoom in on my picture, you will see the texture of the paper I used when making the tracing. It is true; I used the figurine as a model, and I don't claim to be a people artist, so I will agree it isn't an original work. But did I succeed in my intent to create a nice looking 2-d picture of the original 3-d image?

When you compare the two images (your edited version and the original photograph) it's very clear that's not true. That's certainly not paper in the background; it's the background of the photograph with some sort of filter. Even if it what you said were true, when someone compliments things that you had nothing to do with (ex. the posing and facial expression) and you don't correct them and instead thank them and talk about the amount of work you put into it, then you are STILL claiming something to be yours that is not. So either way, you are being dishonest. 

If you want to edit a photograph of something, fine--that can be considered art too (as long as enough changes are made), but to claim it as a drawing and not even mention the original is NOT okay.

sure.gif

• Thanks 1

I'll take your points and apologize to any who felt like I overstepped. The facial expression is one of the things I attempted to enhance, slightly larger eyes, and an attempt to give the picture a "Mona Lisa" type smile while also giving her "elven ears."

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 1