15.06 until 22.06: Legendary Contests

Mario Kinkoid

Legendary contest.jpg

For some days now, some of you might have discovered on the test server the Legendary Contests!
The second period of test: from 18.06 until 22.06.

Legendary Contests are a new type of event that will last 4 days long. All players that are over level 20 and were active in the last 72 hours before the event starts, will be distributed into Contest brackets of 50 players each. The Special thing about this type of event will be that there will be an Exclusive 5-star Legendary Girl reward (not available on Villains or in Pachinko).

Each day, meaning every 24 hours, there will be a different contest targeting specific actions in the game :

• Contest 1: PvP & Player XP
  • Contest 2: Pachinko or Donations
  • Contest 3: Villains & Energy
  • Contest 4: Girls

Rewards in each contest will be as follow:

• 1st place: 100 shards of the Legendary Girl + 3 Epic x1 Orbs
  • 2nd-4th place: 100 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 5th-10th place: 50 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 11th-25th place: 25 shards of the Legendary Girl
  • 26th+ place: Legendary Equipment

All players that win the girl before the end of the event will be separated into special brackets in order to continue enjoying the event :). They will have other rewards available:

• 1st place: 1 of Mythic Pachinko x6 Orb + 3 of Epic x1 Orb
  • 2nd-4th place: 1 of Mythic Pachinko x6 Orb 
  • 5th-10th place: 1 of Mythic Pachinko x3 Orb
  • 11th-25th place: 2 of Mythic Pachinko x1 Orb

Your opinion is important for us. That's why we would like to involve you even more in the test process. After your test, please give us your feedback by filling this 1-page super-short survey. This survey will be available until the 22th of June.

Keep in mind there might be other changes depending on players feedbacks.
If everything goes well, the first Legendary contest will be live on Thursday 25th of June.

Enjoy testing the event and your sexy adventures in the Haremverse!

Edited by Mario Kinkoid
Changes have been done after the first period of test
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 9

There you go - pay to win arrived in the haremverse - for getting girls directly in contests (and exclusivly).

Which I consider as "win".

You have player problems due to reset time? - who cares!

You had previously "get a girl without interference by others"/"rely on your performance, not on others malperformance"?  - who cares!

Here my thinking about in long:

Edited by windia
  • Like 6

Only 16 players of each 50 will have the girl assured, and a maximum of other 12 of 50 could have her. So a minimum of 32% and a maximum of 56% of players will get the girl (tipically something around 40 - 45 %). Edit: I would like to know the percentage of players who get the girl in legendary days to see if is around these numbers.

It will be difficult and many people will waste a lot of resources without getting the main reward.

It could be alleviated if they enlarge the reward tier 5th-10th place including more players, or if they give 17 or 25 shards for tier 11th-25th place, or some other change to allow a bit of flexibility for the players.

Edited by jelom

5 minutes ago, jelom said:

Only 16 players of each 50 will have the girl assured, and a maximum of other 12 of 50 could have her. So a minimum of 32% and a maximum of 56% of players will get the girl (tipically something around 40 -45 %).

[...]

Edit: 50 is true, thanks @GeorgeMTO That number is a bit to high - a contest can have at least up to 99 players, don't know the exact rules.

Edited by windia

Just now, windia said:

That number is a bit to high - a contest can have at least up to 99 players, don't know the exact rules.

Thats what the patch notes said: 50 players per bracket. No brackets will have more than 51 even taking in account the total number of players is not exacly divisible by 50.

• Thanks 1

Normal contest are already really tough to win with so many whales and dumb people who spent all they have just for 300 kobans. I can't even imagine now with a girl as a prize, people will go nuts. Seems a terrible ideia honestly

• Like 7

I suspect that in the first contest brackets it would be much easier to get the girl than in the later ones. So the guys that were whining about PoA being pay to win for the whales and "what about the new players" must now be happy for the new players. Right, guys? 😀 

We'll see how it goes. 4 days seem to me more than enough to get the girl. And yeah, new event types are always welcomed. 👍 Good job, Kinkoid.

1 minute ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I suspect that in the first contest brackets it would be much easier to get the girl than in the later ones. So the guys that were whining about PoA being pay to win for the whales and "what about the new players" must now be happy for the new players. Right, guys? 😀 

We'll see how it goes. 4 days seem to me more than enough to get the girl. And yeah, new event types are always welcomed. 👍 Good job, Kinkoid.

I am sure mister contest will win the girl for sure 🤣

• Haha 4

If I see it correctly there is not the usual bracket rule (321-360, 360+ etc.) but all player levels can be mixed? That could be really unfair to low level player.

About everything else I just have to think a little bit, but I am not too fancy about it right now. I would definitely prefer PoA. And I am little bit disappointed that this arent regular contests but something else. =D

Good that you always try to find something new. I really appreciate that.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lola Kinkoid said:

Contest 2: Pachinko or Donations 

Fixed that for you. Donations are the bane of contests and I think they should be removed from the game, period. Let's at least exclude them from the legendary contests, maybe?

I would also prefer basically the exact reverse order for the 4 contest types you laid out:

• Contest 1: Girls
  • Contest 2: Villains & Energy
  • Contest 3: Pachinko or Donations 
  • Contest 4: PvP & Player XP

You could go switch 2 and 3 or maybe 1 and 3, but by god make sure that the one that rewards those who already benefit from your utterly broken and unfair PvP system come last, if at all... Yes I mean the leagues, or lack thereof... and also "Player XP" or lack thereof, actually.

Dev1: Hey, let's add PvP to this semi-idle solo game!
Dev2: What's that, sorry?... Oh I see, that stands for "Player versus Player", right?
Dev1: Yop. I googled it yesterday, and it's apparently a thing in our industry!
Dev2: Cool! We should definitely get in on that, then! We have zero experience in that type of systems, though...
Dev1: Yeah, let's add PvP to our list of features!
Dev2: Do you think we should research the basic principles, or maybe look at a few popular PvP games out there, first?
Dev1: Sounds like a lot of work. It can't be that hard, right? As long as we put Players versus Players... That's PvP I think.
Dev2: Genius! So how about rewards? I think Players like to earn rewards when they score versus other Players...
Dev1: Sure. Let's throw rewards in there.
Dev2: Which ones?
Dev1: ALL of them!
Dev3: What about balance? I read that term online the other day and it sounds like a big deal.
Dev1: Balance, huh? Yeah that sounds cool. You can do that too.
Dev2: Yeah, PvP is as far as I go. Do that balance thing if you want, Chad.
Dev3: Nah, sounds too complicated anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wow this totally doesnt sound cancerous at all! 
Kinkoid, you cannot do anything with contests! I assumed you'd want to ever since I saw that 1st post about contests for the 1st PoA, but contests as a concept are already barely functioning, depend highly on reset-timers and people snatching them last second, the numerous ways of Pay 2 win contests... need I go on? This is an abjectly terrible idea and while I appreciate trying to spice up the contests, please just stop, they're already cancerous enough as they are. 
Just leave them be, please, your buggy as fuck League is already enough PvP, along with the contests. There is no conceiveable way in which this goes well. 

• Like 4

Btw: why is there the limitation "players being active 72 hours prior to event start"?

• a current event can be joined any time - just the preset like lvl 20/scroll x from world z must be met.
  • You even changed it from "you can do an event mission only on 1  specific event  day" to "you can do all event mission on last day" while changing from 14 days for normal events to 12 days.

It sounds like you put nowadays inactive player into regular contests - will the problem with growing league during a season also be solved? That all eligable players are in a league bracket or not at start of a season?

Edited by windia
  • Thinking 1

I think the only situation where this kind of girl in contest thing could work is with existent girls that can be achieved by other method like pachinko. So in an anniversary days or maybe an orgy days in a couple of years, contests could be just another place to put revival girls together with arena and bosses. So even if you lose the girl, won't change things too much, after all without the contests your only option would be pachinko anyway.

Because the current proposal is literally YOU MUST WIN a good position, otherwise no excluive girl for you. And this kind of message, as said for several persons, induces players to spend totally unreasonable amounts of resources which is a crap

Edited by sanjkame
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be good if the screenshots of all the incoming contests are posted here. Just to be sure what to expect and elaborate some viable strategy beforehand. I've entered the test server for 3 or 4 days already and didn't have the opportunity to see these new quests.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

Just now, windia said:

Btw: why is there the limitation "players being active 72 hours prior to event start"?

• a current event can be joined any time - just the preset like lvl 20/scroll x from world z must be met.
  • You even changed it from "you can do all event mission on last day" while changing from 14 days for normal events to 12 days.

It sounds like you put nowadays inactive player into regular contests - will the problem with growing league during a season also be solved? That all eligable players are in a league bracket or not at start of a season?

This reminds me of something- How tf do they measure activity? It cant be with performance in contests, since I've been labelled as inactive (cuz Im on a laptop and pretty much never close the browser window with the game on), and I think it was George that pointed out to me once that I needed to re-login in order to be eligible to get into contests again. With this type of stupid system already in place, in what universe did any of them think that this was going to be a good idea? 🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

This reminds me of something- How tf do they measure activity? It cant be with performance in contests, since I've been labelled as inactive (cuz Im on a laptop and pretty much never close the browser window with the game on), and I think it was George that pointed out to me once that I needed to re-login in order to be eligible to get into contests again. With this type of stupid system already in place, in what universe did any of them think that this was going to be a good idea? 🤣

hm, on the weekend I have that too - and I need to relogin from time to time if I just want to click somewhere, like every 3-4 hours or so. 

That means when Arena and daily mission is over and no champion running, I barely do something every 8 hours: market & league (& harem&bosses).

So active could be something like "did something that changed the ToF" - only champion fights and harem collection and starting mission would not register.

Edited by windia

2 minutes ago, windia said:

So active could be something like "did something that changed the ToF" - only champion fights and harem collection and starting mission would not register.

I actually think they have different measurements for different activities- logins for contests, placements in ToF for Leagues etc. Its only my assumption, but still doesnt change the fact that what they're planning is actually the worst idea for an event I've heard thus far :D

2 hours ago, jelom said:

Only 16 players of each 50 will have the girl assured, and a maximum of other 12 of 50 could have her.

This is assuming the bracket remains the same for the four days, right? Not sure that is the case?

35 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

It would be good if the screenshots of all the incoming contests are posted here. Just to be sure what to expect and elaborate some viable strategy beforehand. I've entered the test server for 3 or 4 days already and didn't have the opportunity to see these new quests.

I got two, will see if the others appear 👍

1755490394_contest06141.thumb.png.aabb0c8d158c2442f95b15f03e376cac.png

1545720320_contest06151.thumb.png.2fbf23792b728d1243f876f3deee72e1.png

I'm assuming this is not a "regular event" (it has a different duration comparing to the last event?) but something that will go on during something another event (PoA?) and will not replace the regular contests, right (like on the test server)? 

Does exclusive mean regarding other events and pachinko at the time, or new and exclusive to everything else (like PoA girls)?

I would maybe suggest, a bit like @jelom mentioned, different rewards brackets?

• 2nd-5th place: 100 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 6th-15th place: 50 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 16th-30th place: 2 of Mythic Pachinko x1 Orbs
  • 31st+ place: Legendary Equipment

Or maybe even have a further layer with 25 shards (that would increase the chances of different players getting the girl, even if they had to get 4 straight contest rewards?)

• 2nd-4th place: 100 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 5th-10th place: 50 shards of the Legendary Girl 
  • 11th-25th place: 25 shards of the Legendary Girl

Edit: Forgot to thank you for making the announcement in due time 👍👏
Edited by Karyia
Thanks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1

Are they desperate for money or what? Most of the things they have done lately are clearly oriented toward encouraging players to spend more money...

Anyway, awful idea. Some occasional legendary contests with random old girls as rewards would have been nice, but this is simply terrible.

In any case, with the new reset time i already can't seriously compete anymore in regular contests, let alone in this one. I doubt i'll put much effort to get this umpteenth useless "exclusive" girl :P

• Like 2