15.06 until 22.06: Legendary Contests

Mario Kinkoid

23 minutes ago, Karyia said:

This is assuming the bracket remains the same for the four days, right? Not sure that is the case?

My understanding (and I could be wrong) from the way it is worded is that the people who have the girl will be removed from the existing player pool, and new contest brackets will be reformed again from the remaining players that still don't have the girl, with 50 players each. Those who have obtained the girl will be re-sorted into new contest brackets of 50 players that are separate from the rest and have the alternate rewards.

The net result being of course that there will be less contest brackets awarding the girl for each round, and therefore less people overall guaranteed to get the girl than 16/50. I'm no maths buff; I don't know how to calculate the actual expected amount given this steady decreasing of contest brackets which award the girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, jelom said:

Only 16 players of each 50 will have the girl assured, and a maximum of other 12 of 50 could have her. So a minimum of 32% and a maximum of 56% of players will get the girl (tipically something around 40 - 45 %). Edit: I would like to know the percentage of players who get the girl in legendary days to see if is around these numbers.

[...]

That would need the assumption that the bracket is as constant as a league (well, mostly).

My calculation says:

• in stable brackets I get  guarenteed 32% + potentially 24% = 56% maximum new girl owners 
  • in every day new 50 player brackets I get guarenteed 26,7% + potentially 19,1% = 45,8 % maximum new girl owners
    • as stated the player base is constant

So the quarter "considered active" players will get her, maybe half of these players get her.

Yeah, now it would be interesting how many "active players" got a legenday on first or second attempt - and their investment!

Edited by windia

1 hour ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

It would be good if the screenshots of all the incoming contests are posted here. Just to be sure what to expect and elaborate some viable strategy beforehand. I've entered the test server for 3 or 4 days already and didn't have the opportunity to see these new quests.

That was the first one - be aware that I had 85  shards before the contest started:

image.png.ddbc97eabc0ccb74fff39d8ac7c4fcf7.png

Edited by windia
  • Like 2

Btw: on the test server there is one problem:

• i'm counted as "put into bracket with not having girl"
  • Just on first day I got the girl due to 50 shards + what I already had - I just did not claim her until now.
  • So if I wait a while and keep getting top10 - the new contest will claim that I got shards.

So while for me the reward will change after claiming the first "100 shards in total" and I will get the alternative rewards while claiming the other contest's rewards - I took away places for the still running players.

Because the to-be-claimed-girl cannot be found in my harem thus I'm eligible for the girl bracket....

Edited by windia
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Darsca said:

My understanding (and I could be wrong) from the way it is worded is that the people who have the girl will be removed from the existing player pool, and new contest brackets will be reformed again from the remaining players that still don't have the girl, with 50 players each. Those who have obtained the girl will be re-sorted into new contest brackets of 50 players that are separate from the rest and have the alternate rewards.

I understood it the same way you're saying 👍

• Like 1

stiil one more thing/argument 😮 

With the introduction of shards/attraction (

they said that they became quite unhappy about the player investment/reward situation for events aka for getting event girls. 

They said something like "the refill investment can go very huge and you still get nothing" so they balanced it into "average minimum and average maximum plus you keep a girl partwise".

A contest has no RNG to calculate the investment.

As windia suggested this is my (copy pasted from another discussion) opinion: I've read the rules and yes i think is too much pay to win and too limited, i personally hope that is not gonna be on regular servers. I mean if someone really want an exclusive girl (i checked) become a patreon and he\she can have one every month (the kobans that u are gonna use are at that level probably). What i'm saying is with this contest free player are screwed: i can't even decide to try for it becouse i could lose litterally all my investment and not get a girl becouse some random pay player can go over me at the last second and what would i have in the end ? huge amount of kobans wasted, no girl, and many girls losses in the following month due to the wasted kobans. The only point in favor is that they putted the girl for the first 4 position but still is a way to say: "ok go ahead devour yourselfes in a koban battle we win anyway". This might actually be the very first time that i'm really against to an idea of the studio (player since 2017).

• Like 2

Just now, Тёмный Властелин said:

Only 1 tier of donations? No 50000 Ymens for 10 points or 500000 Ymens for 100 points?

I think it had more below but I didn't get it. I'll see it that contest pops up again. They're only four, so it should ;)

• Thanks 1

So, I'd like to rapidly resume a couple of things, just to be clear and sure I've understood well:

1.  In the very first appearance of Path of Attraction in the test server there were a task strongly disliked from the playerbase, that was "finish in top 10 in a contest"
  2. The negative feedback was so strong, that you devs decided and announced a couple of days before the start of the 1st PoA that that objective was changed in "finish in top 20 in a contest", obtaining I'd say a fairly positive feedback from players (at least from those players who complained about that task only, between all the tasks that were on the server, and not about all the PoA format)
  3. In the end, you had never put a "finish in top 20 in a contest" task in neither of the two official PoA, for players' great content. This totally could have been just a case, but in my head and heart I believed that you had understood that an even better fix than changing the top-10 task in a top-20 one, was to completely avoid a contest placing related task in the PoA
  4. The PoA event gets negative feedback for tasks that request you to hoard champion tickets playing in a non-optimal way
  5. You are now testing a completely contest-based 5 days event, in which you need to place in top 10 twice to get a 3* legendary and event exclusive girl, with the realistic risk of many players wasting a lot of resources in vain. It is now evident to me that point 3 was definitely just a case.

I can totally see how this event format will be LOVED by players.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Antimon said:

You are now testing a completely contest-based 5 days event.

I still think this "contest" thing is totally apart from the 5 day event but I might be wrong (it even mentions it lasts for 4 days, while the event is scheduled for 5 days but we'll see) 🙄

• Like 1

On the face of it I think the contest is a pretty terrible idea.  P2w and the geographical lottery that is the sniping time I won't comment on as I see other people did already. 

What I really dislike is that you can potentially spend lots of kobans and not even get shards, let alone the girl.   I expect we'll see a lot of unhappy players who feel cheated somehow, and that is a sign of a badly designed feature.  Wanting players to spend money on the game is fine but players should be happy with the value of what they receive in return.  

• Like 4

What the idea of this? - All in? And while all goes all-in most will still lose and then have nothing for next path of atraction or whatsoever. 

I also "like" the idea of orientating the event to all the people who who are pay-able and have 70k Kobans. Play Epic Pachinko - 500, play normal one - 5, donate millions of Ymen - 1, the only missing option in here is "For every X (random currency real money) spent you get 1000 points".

Edited by SuperTanya
  • Thinking 1

Question re: the scheduling of this event: according to Lola's post this will be a 4 day event yet it is scheduled to commence on 25/06 -- which, according to the calendar, is when a 5 day event is scheduled to begin. Should i now disregard the calendar & assume that the next event will be a 5 day event? & does anyone know if we should still expect a PoA event this month? 

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

Question re: the scheduling of this event: according to Lola's post this will be a 4 day event yet it is scheduled to commence on 25/06 -- which, according to the calendar, is when a 5 day event is scheduled to begin. Should i now disregard the calendar & assume that the next event will be a 5 day event? & does anyone know if we should still expect a PoA event this month? 

last month it was a 5-day event as well, until shortly before the PoA event, when they changed it to 7 days.
5 days seems to be standard for the last event in their "oh shit, we have to upload that calendar" rush.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Bamboocha said:

I just want to add the pessimistic case - to diminish the 42 % as a good hope - the assumption of a 2nd time 50% ist not classic RNG, yet only a probability. And this forum reminds me, that me and others not always calculate and understand probability very well.

with 1 000 000 players starting in 20 000 teams, that is over 4 rounds where noone catched 50 % AND 50 % = 283 607  = 28% players making 1st-4th in any of the 4 rounds. In a bug free version.

Of course this number is higher than yours as no 50%-winner is reducing the pool so team numbers stay higher.

image.png.28c1b8c7d613a9111b44c875502a622b.png

Yes, it sounds unlikely - just when you invest all you can in first round and don' progress, then you have nothing to give in next rounds. 

Somewhere on discord I found a short description about the problem (which I don't remember as full quote):

• a girl on a boss gives everybody the chance to get her
    • in case your story scroll reached that boss, not true to all 5star legendaries for beginners
    • yet it is a fixed investment in energy to get there
  • a girl as contest winning limits in either way the number of players that can obtain her

So from 100% of player is a structural reduction down to below 100% - if 28% or 42% or 56% does not matter.

It matters the fact that it is impossible for 100% to get her.

Edited by windia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you KK for doing the serious testing on the test server, it allows for us to give you plenty of feedback in advance!

Legendary Contests at their current state are really not a good idea, for all the reasons mentioned. It's not just pay 2 win (depending of the definition the game has been p2w from the start, just like every other f2p game and that's alright). This is now "pay for a chance to win". You actively take away the highest reward (a new girl) from more than half of your player base and make it impossible for them to win, even if they paid a lot of money! Please learn from our feedback (just like you did with the PoA events and the horrible idea to make a task contest-based) and stick to ideas that make every new girl available to everyone willing to pay the price (in time or money).

Also: Where are Club Wars? I'd rather have you invest your resources in adding valuable features that enhance the game experience for the long term than adding a new "soon to become boring" feature like new event types or even Sex Champions. The last features that truly enhanced gameplay were clubs and leagues, and they are out for quite a while now...

• Like 4

Yes, with the addition of the 25 shards we'll have a much smoother distribution and probably all people shooting for the girl will get it (similar to how all people willing to spend time, effort and sometimes money for event girls will get them). I still believe it's a bad road to take though. Once KK implements a mechanic that makes it technically impossible for all players to get a girl reward, they opened the door for more vicious practices (intentional and unintentional). For example in the future those contests could introduce highly overpowered 5star legendaries that every serious league contender needs to get in order to stay competitive. On top of that you'll be matched only with competitive players (e.g. people that score similarly high in leagues as you do). And just like that, we got ourselves a very troublesome situation and you don't just need to pay (or prepare for) an absolute amount of Kobans to stay competitive, but to outperform those who are also eager to get the reward. And again: In order to win, you need to make sure that somebody else loses (hence zero-sum game). I don't like that at all and I rather prefer a system that provides an abundant amount of girl rewards so everybody can practically get the girl.

• Like 6