1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Hmm, I think I can say I have all non-patreon girls at the moment

Since there is no "WOW" button i'll give you a like. But wow that's my dream when i started 5 years ago, this is the proof that is possible for who does not believe it.

This is actually a really important post for the community imo.

Thank you, one day i'll be at that point too XD

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, Xemnas said:

Thank you @FinderKeeper and @windia, my thoughts on this event are:

1 - If the shards we get are from "older" girls (which i think so) is good, some shard sometimes make a big difference even if the time is short. Very often i read posts of people saying "i'm sad, i've ended at 99 shards".

2 - Gifts and books are really appreciated at least from me. I've stopped to upgrade my girls since now is gonna appear the mythical of my class, but i have like more than 60 girls waiting (lost count)

The really bad thing would be if the girl in the event would be a legendary new but since they wrote: "you will still get rewards even if you have the girl" i really think is a sort of "revival"

So honestly it is not a "huge problem" imo. Yes it might interfere a bit with another event but not in a drastic way like the mythic days.

For now seems good to me

let's hope it is revival e.g. of LC girls. (which not yet revivaled in event format)

Otherwise I suspect them to put out a new girl with this event format and unknown time later this event format girls might get some kind of revival. While this sentence only says "if I invest so many kobans that the girl drops before the event is over, I still get books/flowers during remaining event time."...

• Like 1

Il 26/3/2021 in 11:32 , Chthugha ha scritto:

Hmm, I think I can say I have all non-patreon girls at the moment.

..... and now, to level all of them up!

(Jesus Christ xD )

But excellent work! 

27 minutes ago, windia said:

any bets which boss gets the next Mythic?

Please be one with the event girl, Ninja Spy would be nice. I carried over 223 combativity and am waiting for the Mythic Days. It's killing me for not able to participate the current event.

3 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Please be one with the event girl, Ninja Spy would be nice. I carried over 223 combativity and am waiting for the Mythic Days. It's killing me for not able to participate the current event.

Do you usually play all 48 villain fights that regenerate each 24h?

Because 223 combativity is less then 5 days natural regeneration. And the event starts at least 4 days after you stopped fighting villains.

And the reported numbers of Mythic Day fights go beyond 1000, don't they?

I personally wouldn't carry over it for such a long time. Yet I have the time to use all natural generated combativity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windia said:

Do you usually play all 48 villain fights that regenerate each 24h?

Because 223 combativity is less then 5 days natural regeneration. And the event starts at least 4 days after you stopped fighting villains.

And the reported numbers of Mythic Day fights go beyond 1000, don't they?

I personally wouldn't carry over it for such a long time. Yet I have the time to use all natural generated combativity.

Being a f2p player, my koban reserve is marginal for MD. I may and probably need the carry-over to finish.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Methos2 said:

Being a f2p player

"F2P BTW" is an excuse I see thrown around way too often for way too many things in this community. It's not being F2P that keeps you from stocking your resources, choosing your battles or planning ahead of time. Being F2P only keeps you from having the luxury to play everything without having to make (often tough) choices, or establishing and sticking to efficient strategies.

What I just said isn't specifically about you, your post is just the nth one to use this excuse for not doing something that's absolutely doable as a good, savvy and dedicated F2P player.

I'll just give you some free advice on what you mistakenly attribute to your not throwing real money at the game in this case, though. If you're short enough on kobans that a measly 200 fights makes a real difference in your ability to play this MD successfully, then the appropriate strategy is actually to skip it. It's most definitely not to waste hundreds of fights you could use on the classic event instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

"F2P BTW" is an excuse I see thrown around way too often for way too many things in this community. It's not being F2P that keeps you from stocking your resources, choosing your battles or planning ahead of time.

I'll just give you some free advice on what you mistakenly attribute to your not throwing real money at the game in this case, though. If you're short enough on kobans that a measly 200 fights makes a real difference in your ability to play this MD successfully, then the appropriate strategy is actually to skip it. It's most definitely not to waste hundreds of fights you could use on the classic event instead.

Stop being so touchy. I wasn't complaining about not having enough resources. 200 fights worth 2k kobans, not a measly amount. If you are in my shoes, would you risk getting a MG by getting an epic girl?! Everyone has their own priority. Mine right now is to gain another MG to stay competitive on pvp and I don't mind skipping events for it. All I was saying was that it would be nice to have MG on an event boss. Chill.

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Stop being so touchy. Chill.

I know different people can perceive the same text very differently with writing communication, because we're missing the tone of voice, facial expressions and so on. But I can assure you I'm neither touchy nor upset or anything. I was simply pointing out a very weak argument found in your post (and as I said loud and clear, it wasn't just for your sake, because many players use the same misguided excuse for bad planning).

To each their own, and if you don't like my advice, feel free to leave it. Just please stop spreading demonstrably false claims like "being F2P, I can't do this" or "I'm F2P so I have to do that". That's what I was getting at.

59 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

All I was saying was that it would be nice to have MG on an event boss.

Sure, I know it's the main thing you had in mind judging by your overall post. The incorrect claim about your being F2P having anything to do with the corner you've put yourself in was just thrown in passing, as if it were a given everybody would obviously agree with it. That's why I addressed it, because as I said this lame excuse for poor strategy needs to stop spreading.

Apart from that, I can see why you're hoping the MD girl gets in the way of the classic event, because that would be more convenient for you in this case. However, I for one hope for the exact opposite. I don't want to be forced to get 2 or 3 shards of yet another CH Mythic I don't need and won't complete anytime soon just so I can complete the classic event.

Please understand that someone disagreeing with you and someone being touchy or needing to chill are completely different things. Assuming otherwise suggests that you might be a tidbit on edge yourself. You're free to have your opinion, and I'm free to explain why I think you should rethink your long-term strategy. No animosity needed either way.

25 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Just please stop spreading demonstrably false claims like "being F2P, I can't do this" or "I'm F2P so I have to do that". That's what I was getting at.

4 hours ago, Methos2 said:

Being a f2p player, my koban reserve is marginal for MD. I may and probably need the carry-over to finish.

Where did I spread false claim in my post? I simply stated my situation. Like many f2p players, MD is challenging to save up. It's doable and that's what I am doing.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Being F2P only keeps you from having the luxury to play everything without having to make (often tough) choices, or establishing and sticking to efficient strategies.

I saved up and skipped several events to prepare for MD. Isn't that what you lectured me?

• Like 2

@Methos2 Fair enough. Let's give this constructive approach a try.

#1: "Being a f2p player, my koban reserve is marginal for MD."
I realize you might mean something different by "marginal" than what I understand it as (eg "nowhere near sufficient"). You need a solid 20k koban stash just for MD specifically to be on the (relatively) safe side for it. F2P or not, you had 3 months to plan for it since the previous MD that had a CH girl. You should be there if you made it a priority over this period. So if you're short on kobans for this MD, it's not because you're F2P, as it's totally doable as F2P. It's because your strategy for saving up those 20k over 3 months didn't work.

That's really the false claim I was referring to. The rest is more things you seem to be struggling with, or possibly doing in a sub-optimal way, and I was hinting at ways to cut your losses for this upcoming one, and perhaps improve your strategy for later.

#2: "I may and probably will need those 200-something fights to finish the MD".
You either have the 20k or you don't. If you do, then you don't need to burn away more free resources for this MD (your free fights carried over from last month and your week worth of free fight regen). If you don't have nearly enough saved up kobans, then it's super risky to go for this MD anyway, and even with the equivalent of 2k extra refills saved up, you're not likely to succeed without a lot of luck. So the best strategy at this point would be to skip this MD, use your saved up fights on the classic event to avoid wasting more free resources, and rework your planning to avoid this issue three months from now.

#3 "My priority right now is to gain another Mythic so I can stay competitive in PvP".
If you're playing CH right now, you don't really need another Mythic to stay competitive. You need it to get even more ahead of the curve compared to KH players. CH is super favored already, between the lingering bugged crits issue and the release schedule seemingly designed to give the class the advantage for as long as possible compared to KH. Even then, as I was getting at above, if you're doing it right, saving up 20k-ish kobans over three months is perfectly doable as F2P, so if it's your priority, you should be there.

If you're not CH, or if you're going for multiple classes at the same time, then there's your problem. As F2P, indeed, the amount of sacrifices required to go for more than one MD per 3 months is way too high to be worth it. And you really don't need to. Those who switch classes all the time and/or collect all Mythics just for the sake of collecting them have virtually limitless resources (either because they're big real money spenders and/or because they've been sitting on a koban-printing machine Kinkoid gave them 2-3 years ago when they designed their horribly imbalanced league system). They do it because they can, but it's absolutely overkill and unnecessary in order to stay competitive.

That's just my perspective and advice, though. And again I'm not 100% sure what you meant by "marginal" about your current koban stash for MD. Maybe you're at like 18k and those 2k might make all the difference.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight or to make fun of you or anything like that. Sorry if it came across that way. I hope this helps, or at the very least doesn't hurt. Good luck to you for MD.

@DvDivXXXactually I'm going to interject here and say I think you were off the mark. They mentioned they're f2p so they need to maximise how much they can get bring in towards Mythic Days. If they're happy skipping off part of the Classic Event to give them a handful more kobans they can use in another event, well that's their choice. Natural regen doesn't get you all 3 on average anyway, so if they're happy cutting that back to 1 girl, not that big of a loss.

We might not feel it's optimal, but your points were unasked for and unnecessarily singled out someone who wasn't complaining that it's unfair or anything like that. They had a request to have it overlap, which is fair since plenty of others want that too (I personally prefer it when they don't overlap, but if I haven't gotten the girl from that boss when they do overlap, I do appreciate the double dipping). But yeah, you've made a lot of assumptions from two short statements

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@Methos2 Fair enough. Let's give this constructive approach a try.

Maybe you're at like 18k and those 2k might make all the difference.

That's exactly what I mean. I'm just under 19k, that 200 fights may get me the girl if RNG not my side. I would save more if I didn't spend kobans to help my club members with CC. CC wasn't on my strategy 3 months ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's fair. I read my previous few posts again and I agree that I went overboard on that one. Sorry, @Methos:$

Especially after your post above, my long rant on stuff that doesn't apply to your situation does feel uncalled for and even sounds pedantic. I didn't even think of the CC's impact. My bad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@DvDivXXX Re: Gift Codes thread

To clarify:

The link I posted to that new tweet was to inform other people like me, who heard the tune, have already looked, and couldn't find anything. (and guys, yes, there's a new tweet)

As for people who post without reading. Well, we know there's no remedy for that one. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1