It's been known for a while, and there were also plenty of threads where some of us brainstormed the value and synergies or lack thereof of the various Elements (there's also the Elements section of Sly's sticky guide in the Question & Answer subforum).

Having said that, no, increasing your HP doesn't impact your healing directly either way. It does not make it less effective as Ken (and Sly and many others) said. What they typically have in mind with this argument is that mixing Green and Blue makes sure-fire wins likely to give you less points in League. That's valid, but it's also a specific PvP situation (even if many of us are addicted to it and have it in mind by default for this type of strategy discussions, tbf ^^) and, more importantly, even in Leagues that's only valid for fights you're sure to win anyway. When your main concern isn't scoring more points but simply not losing the fight, Green actually helps Blue's healing indirectly, by giving it a larger HP pool to work with. Granted, in most situations I'd rather have an extra Blue or Dark to heal more each hit, but if your opponent one-shots you, you don't get to heal at all. So more HP has its uses, and they're not inherently incompatible with more healing.

Basically, in some situations, against extremely strong opponents, your Green/Blue association makes sense.

As for crit chance and crit damage, it makes sense in most games that have those mechanics, but it turns out, as Ken opened my eyes to a few weeks back (confirmed by Numbers), that HH had to do some things counter-intuitively of course. So, whenever you crit in the current system, you already do double damage. The "crit damage" Red adds is only applied to half of that, instead of the whole damage of the critical hit. Meaning that right now, with the maximum possible Red passive and active bonus of "+105% crit damage", when I have a crit, I do (slightly more than) triple damage (305% of a normal hit) instead of the default double damage (which, with maxed out Red passive bonus, is already more than that: 235% of a normal hit). So the active Red bonus is just not worth it, at all. Any time you crit you already do an indecent amount of damage, and even a full team of 7 Red girls barely improves that (while depriving you of any other active bonus, and doing literally nothing during turns you do not roll a crit).

In contrast, having a full team of 7 Orange girls triples your (extra) crit chance compared to the base maxed-out passive (+21% vs +7%) . Same with 7 Dark for your flat attack bonus (+21% vs +7%). And both Blue's lifesteal and Green's extra HP scale even better (+31% vs +10%). If either increasing your own Defense (White), increasing your Harmony (Purple) or "decreasing your opponent's Defense for a total damage bonus laughably small compared to boosting your own Attack instead, and without the synergies" (Yellow) were worthwhile, they all scale pretty well too (full active bonus triples the passive one).

It's just the active crit damage bonus (Red) that got the short end of the stick in terms of scaling.

If Red actually applied to the full crit hit damage, giving 270% of a normal hit in case of a crit as a passive bonus, and 410% with the maximum possible bonus, then it might be a different story. Even then, it's still a conditional bonus that does nothing when you don't crit. To be fair, as is Orange, but at least it significantly increases your chances to crit instead of, you know, being strictly win-more and with a high floor and a low ceiling to boot. Come to think of it, Green is more reliable and might be better than both. At least it does something good all the time.

Anyways... That's the max amount of battle mechanics analysis for Chit Chat. ^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On another note, i have a question.

I don't find any thread on PoG, don't we have one?

I was wondering what people were saying about it (... and the koban path, in particular)

I already have @holymolly telling me to not buy it, but i want a bit more than just "why would you buy THAT?" :P

• Haha 1

Ho.

So... Buying PoG = Bad?

From what i understood, it's a question of Gem per koban, but i don't have the L5 and the rest is still good from what i can see 

I should be able to go to at least 3550 , probably around 4k, so even if i'm missing a lot of gem it's still quite a lot :/ 

I don't really know

It really depends on what you have to give up for it.

If you sacrifice 2 PoV for 1 PoG, then the rewards are more expensive and worse overall.

If you're going for the girl, she's almost as expensive as a well-planned Mythic girl.

If you have enough Kobans to pick both PoV, the Mythic girl and the PoG, then maybe it's worth it (It becomes a choice between PoA and PoG, I guess. In that case, I'd say it's worth it, if you don't already have the girl. If you have the girl, then I'd choose PoA first).

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

As for crit chance and crit damage, it makes sense in most games that have those mechanics, but it turns out, as Ken opened my eyes to a few weeks back (confirmed by Numbers), that HH had to do some things counter-intuitively of course. So, whenever you crit in the current system, you already do double damage. The "crit damage" Red adds is only applied to half of that, instead of the whole damage of the critical hit. Meaning that right now, with the maximum possible Red passive and active bonus of "+105% crit damage", when I have a crit, I do (slightly more than) triple damage (305% of a normal hit) instead of the default double damage (which, with maxed out Red passive bonus, is already more than that: 235% of a normal hit). So the active Red bonus is just not worth it, at all. Any time you crit you already do an indecent amount of damage, and even a full team of 7 Red girls barely improves that (while depriving you of any other active bonus, and doing literally nothing during turns you do not roll a crit).

Thanks for the breakdown. I had been thinking that crits weren't doing as much damage as I thought they would with all the red girls on my team. This explains why.

I'll still probably go after Radka since I like her art and her main stat is Charm, but it's good to know that Red might not be as strong an element as I'd thought.

• Like 1

Well, it took me longer than expected due to a spreadsheet typo (I needed about 1 million more GXP than I had projected...) but I've finally unlocked the last awakening threshold:

701.PNG.623802ff213f778a660f5eefc6d21f82.PNG

I have basically no books left and I've already refreshed the shop about 50 times today, so they aren't going any further than level 701 for now, but I've broken through and can now start working towards my first max level girls. Abrael, Norou, and Darla got awakened immediately. I've still 2600 Orange in the bank, I just haven't chosen which one to awaken yet, and most of the other colors are fairly close to getting their first awakening (furthest away is Yellow, where I need another 1400 for Moe Bunny).

I do have 4200 Red gems stockpiled up, but I'm saving those for later this month 😉

The final breakdown: 4 mythic, 33 legendaries, 2 epics, 9 rares, 22 5-star commons, 30 3-star commons. Total gems spent: 259,940

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 10
  • Hearts 1

10 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

And I got Caroline (I think), maybe I got a different girl by mistake? It's impossible to be more specific without violating the "spoilers restriction."

? I'm not sure what makes you doubt, but apart from having no popup when you complete her, the League girl is simply added to your harem. You can double-check in your harem itself (search for "Caroline"), the market (just check your most recent girls and see if there's one called Caroline) and if you use HH++, once you visit the Leagues menu again, she'll show at 100% on her icon up top. You either got her or you didn't. Three consecutive top 4 is enough for that (bare minimum to get the girl in 3 weeks is two top 4 and one top 15).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

but apart from having no popup when you complete her, the League girl is simply added to your harem.

Another opportunity lost for the devs to have implemented againt the black shadow girl drop of the old days. 😢

You newbies will never imagine the thrill of getting a girl in those days.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

il y a une heure, jelom a dit :

You newbies will never imagine the thrill of getting a girl in those days.

You're probably right but considering the number of girls we can get these days, I'm not sure every player could handle that amount of thrill 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 6/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, Tom208 said:

Every player in league has the same girl in the same time (not like club champion). So, if you got a girl, well, she's Caroline.

True, but while it says she is Caroline the pics do not agree with her description after upgrading her.

• Hug 1

What because they pulled off another Haruka and didn't give her extra attributes she should have had? That's hardly relevant to this thread at this point. Also for Haruka I reported it to CMs directly when I noticed the issue, and @Tohru - Kinkoid confirmed she informed the relevant team weeks ago. Since she still has only Purple/Purple for eye and hair color, I have to guess between the lines that they won't change it (and perhaps even that despite older Mythics and 5-stars having multiple attributes, they're avoiding that for newer ones, whether they clearly have multiple eye or hair colors or not).

Too tired to split this whole side discussion elsewhere, but let's not derail the thread further please.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope definitely the servers. Everything on the internet worked fast only the three harem sites were bugging out last night. Overload issues one would associate with a server getting whaled.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Definitely something between the servers and your computer. Everything has been smooth sailing for me and others while you were experiencing this loading issue, so it can't be the servers themselves.

One tip for the ride: when you first open the game's page and it says "Loading" in orange, if that lasts more than a few seconds, just refresh the page and it most often works. Occasionally I also have the game load correctly but without the scripts, and a quick F5 also fixes that.