2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yup, the latest patch caused various bugs for the fight simulations in the ++ script. @Tom208 and team have updated it a couple of times since then. It mostly works now, although still not optimally. Make sure to update the script to the latest version (0.31.0). I'm still seeing surprisingly "pessimistic" sims here and there, but it's not as crippling as it was yesterday afternoon. Basically, instead of seeing a comfortably high score in green for a fight that I can tell by eye is an easy win, I might now see a medium to low score in orange (sometimes, not all the time, now). Right after the game patch, the script would have shown me a miserably low score in red for the same easy fight. There are still a few kinks to work out (Tom, Test and anyone else helping them out don't have any specific info from Kinkoid on what they changed, so they have to figure it out with a bunch of trial and error adjustments).

So yeah, it's a good week for skilled players to remember how to drive an old-school car with no on-board computer to hold their hand. Don't trust the script too much. Trust but verify, I'd say. ^^

He's not talking about the script but real battle results 😅

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kenrae said:

He's not talking about the script but real battle results 😅

Then I'm pretty confused... What did you mean exactly, @holymolly? That you've been getting fewer points than usual from easy wins lately? And if so, are we talking like 20 points where you would have expected like 25 (and the script correctly predicted only 20-ish?) or a smaller margin?

I immediately thought of the sim issue with the script, because I'm experiencing that. But if you're speaking about actual battle results, then no, I can't say I'm experiencing this at all. I've scored multiple 23-24 point wins in the current league where I did expect them.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Then I'm pretty confused... What did you mean exactly, @holymolly? That you've been getting fewer points than usual from easy wins lately? And if so, are we talking like 20 points where you would have expected like 25 (and the script correctly predicted only 20-ish?) or a smaller margin?

I immediately thought of the sim issue with the script, because I'm experiencing that. But if you're speaking about actual battle results, then no, I can't say I'm experiencing this at all. I've scored multiple 23-24 point wins in the current league where I did expect them.

I wasn´t talking about the fact that the script´s estimate was to low (I obviously saw that as well) but rather that the real score´s I´ve gotten seemed wayy off f.e. people I could get 22-23 points against pretty consistently gave me 17-19, even with rng I´ve previously never experienced less than 20 points against those opponents (as far as I can remember).

Idk why (it´s probably rng I know.. but I like to complain so :P ) but I got consistently crited 3-5 times (5 times only 2 ) while I got 0-1 (2 against one opponent in 2 fights) within 55 fights and that seems like strange rng to me (especially considering that over half of those opponents had less than half of my harmony) ^^ but yeah :D

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, holymolly said:

less than half of my harmony

Well, that doesn't mean as much as most of us intuitively assume (as you probably know). At least before the whole "BDSM" battle mechanics shake-up, it might be different now. But if it still operates in a similar fashion as before, then "half my harmony" only really amounts to you ending up with something like say +35 on your base 50% chance to crit while your opponent only gets +15 to their own base 50% chance to crit.

So, with #variance factored in, and since you're talking about a very small sample... Nothing suspicious there.

• Like 1

An 85% crit chance would be amazing/terrible!

The way it actually works is that there's a total of 30% crit chance that's then shared between both players. The amount of Harmony determines how much of that 30% you get. The simple example is that player A has 20K Harmony and player B has 10K harmony; Player A therefore gets a 20% crit chance and player B gets a 10% crit chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 45026831 said:

there's a total of 30% crit chance that's then shared between both players. The amount of Harmony determines how much of that 30% you get.

Are you sure that's all of it, though? I've always understood that there's a limited part of the crit chance that the Harmony score difference served to divide between the two players, but also a fixed base crit chance that stays for both no matter what. I made a very gross approximation in my previous post just to give the idea, I'll rectify: I didn't mean you get 50+35; I should have said 25+35 to be in a better ballpark. I mean, you do get crits frequently even when one player has like 49% and the other 1% of the part that's decided by Harmony (as can happen versus Champions for instance).

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Are you sure that's all of it, though? I've always understood that there's a limited part of the crit chance that the Harmony score difference served to divide between the two players, but also a fixed base crit chance that stays for both no matter what. I made a very gross approximation in my previous post just to give the idea, I'll rectify: I didn't mean you get 50+35; I should have said 25+35 to be in a better ballpark. I mean, you do get crits frequently even when one player has like 49% and the other 1% of the part that's decided by Harmony (as can happen versus Champions for instance).

Yes, that is all of it, which is what's stated in the patch notes from when it changed, and confirmed by observations in game.

The same distribution method, but using 50% instead of 30%, was the old system, though not really comparable due to the defender being limited to a single class special for the entire battle regardless of their harmony.

Champions are a different case as well, but I don't feel I know enough about the specifics there to really comment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yes, as the bunch of numbers said, that's what it is...or supposed to be anyway. In the current system, 30% crit chance is split between the two opponents based on their respective harmony stat.
That's the info we got from kinkoid anyway. Whether that's truly all there is to it or not is hard to be certain of. The kinkoid team doesn't exactly have a history of sharing the details of their games' mechanics and most of the inner workings we have available are a result of "reverse engineering" from collected numbers and a bit of guesstimating. On top of that there's always the spaghetti problem and random wild bugs commonly appearing after patch days.

So, for holymolly's question...yes...I'm experiencing the same thing.
I've been collecting data on crits since BDSM release, because it felt to me the opponents are criting too often. And the numbers support that...with a small difference from what would be expected based on the 30% split by harmony for rainbow builds and a somewhat bigger difference for glass cannons. 
But this league (and possibly Wednesday patch day too, but I only got a few people left, so didn't have any "sample" worth mentioning) it's been way worse for me. The amount of crits I'm eating is ridiculous.
Not sure whether something changed (intentionally or otherwise), or RNG decided to go extra heavy on he R tho. Too early to tell...not enough numbers...

• Like 5

two weeks ago I had really heavy bad RNG, last week it was even, this week it seems to be really bad RNG again - not going to call a change though, still believe in RNG ;)

but it wont matter, because of next weeks blessings i tried another strategy this week, which wont help me since people most likely get some more slots and other, better boosters on wednesday

• Like 2

Another thing to point out is that blessings snapshots were fixed in the latest patch, so no more artificially deflated opponent stats because their girls are missing blessings. Absolute nightmare on Nutaku going up against a correctly (89%!) blessed Matcha now, though.

So do expect a slight lowering of scores from that too.

• Like 2

Yea, there are of course other things playing a role in the end results...was just focusing on the part of things that's been treating me worse than I'd expect it to 
As for Matcha, I've been avoiding everyone who has her...waiting for the blessings change with hope that I'll get to see them unboosted again. A bit of a dice roll perhaps, but...oh, well...^^

Oh, what strategy are you trying this week, blaa? Toying with booster combinations, or something more revolutionary than that? :D 

7 hours ago, La Kajira said:

Oh, what strategy are you trying this week, blaa? Toying with booster combinations, or something more revolutionary than that? :D 

it's more simple and maybe even dumber, but since the blessings next week are so bad, i decided to fight everyone i can get before blessing change - the week before we had even better blessings we get now, but the difference betwen matcha-week and the week before were big, so I was/am expecting better results with the current lineup overall than with the new blessings; not sure if you can really call this a strategy though

in fact it means spending around 320-350 nubans for refills; it's not that big of a loss if it didnt was a reasonable decision, but if it gives me the edge it's a big win

about matcha setups, i still figured it would be better to take them out right away, at least since i get the same blessings, but probably your math did tell you something else (i didnt do any math)?

8 hours ago, blaa said:

it's more simple and maybe even dumber, but since the blessings next week are so bad, i decided to fight everyone i can get before blessing change - the week before we had even better blessings we get now, but the difference betwen matcha-week and the week before were big, so I was/am expecting better results with the current lineup overall than with the new blessings; not sure if you can really call this a strategy though

in fact it means spending around 320-350 nubans for refills; it's not that big of a loss if it didnt was a reasonable decision, but if it gives me the edge it's a big win

about matcha setups, i still figured it would be better to take them out right away, at least since i get the same blessings, but probably your math did tell you something else (i didnt do any math)?

I see...so pretty much what I did previous league...rushed it before the switch to the current blessings. And, well...it was very much worth the nuban price given how much I got back for the first place :D
Not sure whether to call it strategy, or not, but...anything you can do that many people don't care enough to is a way to get ahead ^^ 
My math for skipping Matcha setups would likely be very different from yours, because of how ridiculously bad the current blessings are for me - I don't have Matcha, Nike and Jezebel. So I'm at quite the disadvantage here.
Speaking of Jezebel...I'm ABSOLUTELY certain I should have her. As she was one of the very few cases where I managed to get 100 shards in a single day (day 2 of the contest), so...I remember it (also I don't just randomly skip on legendary contests). Usually I just go for 4 x 25 shards as that's by far the cheapest way to do it and be left with saved up resources to grab extra nubans from other daily contests. Unless there's a good opportunity to get more shards without overspending too much.
Anyway...I only have the 25 Jezebel shards I got the first day. Sent a ticket about it 10 days ago with no reply. Any idea how long it usually takes to get a response?

Edited by La Kajira
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, La Kajira said:

My math for skipping Matcha setups would likely be very different from yours, because of how ridiculously bad the current blessings are for me - I don't have Matcha, Nike and Jezebel. So I'm at quite the disadvantage here.

i would do the same math with this setup! Maybe you forgot to claim her cause you wanted to wait for a hard training contest? :D

GL for your league, maybe you can benefit from changes on wednesday?

I would love to get the same as you did with your strategy; it's possible, but I am doubting. What I am gonna hate the most, is waiting three days just to see how others are gonna finish

Edited by blaa

6 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

How long ago were these girls added?
Edit: Girls are only in the Sake team, you can not get or find them in the harem.

1. I'm guessing fairly recently, but I've never fought Sake so far except for story items (I acquired her Tier 1 girls automatically thanks to my old HCL collection and I still have other bosses to farm).

2. They're almost certainly not in the game as available harem girls yet. The day they become available, I should get them automatically as well, because I had all three in HCL too. Just like Lyrsa. She's been shown as eventually obtainable since the current world opened, but she's not in the game yet.

Your post caused me a little scare so I've checked other bosses to see if they had 6 girls as well. Thankfully, only Sake received this unannounced change as of this writing. It might not be intended, in which case they'll probably remove them later today during work hours. I'm hoping it's that, at least. Because I still have thousands of PvE fights ahead to collect all Tier 3 girls, and I'd rather face the OP late game villains with 3-girl teams. ^^

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

Can any mods look into this?

We can't do anything about it, we are just players.

I am skeptical about it being an exploit, he is very high level for being in S2 after all, and it wasn't instantly. From what I can see that league started ~8 hours ago as shown in the top left of the screenshot, that's plenty of time to rush a league.
But just in case, could you provide the number of players in your league?

• Like 2