[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Il 26/6/2020 in 17:03 , DvDivXXX ha scritto:

Edit: @Antimon I hope you grabbed that top 10 in the end, man. Hang in there for the next few days!

oh, yes, thank you ☺️

Luckily, I managed to remain in top 10 without spending a single kobans ( 4 legendary booster kindly supplied by mythic orbs), and I completed my adventure with legendary contest #1 with the pachinko and donation contest, spending 52M (which isn't a lot compared to some of the astronomical donations I saw in screenshots here in this thread, but still way more than I initially planned to spend, since I had 59M in total). I was aiming to a tranquil top ten to finish the girl (I couldn't play this afternoon, and tommorrow morning, too, I won't be able to play a lot, and I don't have a lot of book stashed, so I was afraid I would not be able to reach top 25 in 3rd and 4th contests), but other competitors kept pulling my out of it, so I overshooted and finished 4th.

My final thoughts on legendary contests... meh. I got Filya  at the cost of 52M ymens, which is the cheapest price I paid for a 5* legendary girl (lucky x100 on Taria in less than 10 fights excluded), and honestly it is pretty great, and I'm sure that if I had been able to play and score for this 3rd contest, I would have spent even less (again, great). But psychologically, at least for me, these two past days have been the heaviest in my haremverse experience so far. The fact that my success is dependant on other players performances (as if leagues and normal contest weren't sufficient), and associated to a feature in which last minute sniping is essential (and so it's pretty unfair to the globality of the player base), plus the fact that, of all the event format we had, this is the one that gives you the less freedom and flexibility in play time management, make  me dislike this format quite a bit.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

So, Guys, would this be a correct assumption for a F2P gamer.  During the month save anything and everything until the last event, be it a PoA or Legendary event?  Save, cash, kobans, orbs, champion tickets, books, gifts, boosts, etc.  Squirrel everything away so that you have a surplus of anything needed during PoA or Legendary?  And to get this thread back on track.............Filya is HOT. :)

I would say that most of that is definitely not a correct assumption. Being FTP is all about identifying and seizing opportunities. And it definitely depends where in the game you are.

There are opportunities which will present themselves during the month which you will miss if you are too inflexible. This is far too inflexible, since you are locking in to the last event of the month. Saving everything for that big thing coming down the road gets you to a place where you may realize that there isn't a good opportunity, and you save up some more. Which gets you to the HH equivalent of being a milliionaire in a house with 1 bathroom which doesn't function properly, and you don't spend the money to fix it properly, and just bail water as needed. That is not something I made up, sadly.

I'd say that you want a surplus of things to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. Do you have a contest where you net a small Koban gain? Take it. Did you get a new girl at the beginning of the month, but want to save up your Ymen for later? Get her affection up some now, and reap the increased cash flows in the meantime. If it's a couple days before a PoA, sure you can wait for that.

So you need to find your own opportunities as they arise.

However, I agree that Filya is smoking hot, so you got that right.

Edited by Zteev

Things have heated up a bit during the night in my group, but I still think a top 10 is within reach for me, with the opportunity to repeat the position in the final contest. Hm... decisions, decisions.

Dont like this event.

First day I couldnt do anything because I could not snipe and didnt want to try for a high place 5h before end. Got ~38th.

Second day I burnt nearly all my money to get top 4 and guess what? The lags havent counted two clicks so I only got 5th...(needed 20million more for 4th).

Third day I will get at least 25 shards no matter what and if its not gonna cost much Ill try to get 10th to finish this event early. I got lucky to get 25th, but the lag 2min before the end killed me. Wanted to refill one more time to be sure to keep top 25, didnt even came to the fighting page. So really lucky no one sniped me.

For the forth day I think itll be easy for me to get at least 25 shards because I have hundreds of legendary boosters, but I cant be around at the end to see my actual score, so I have either to brun all my stuff or try to get 50 shards today.

Thats the reason I dislike this event. You either have to be able to be around at the end of that day to snipe or burn every resources you have and get lucky to get some shards.

Edited by Hvjkzv
Changed to third day and added some text there
  • Like 5

I want to touch on the "deviation of normal play" thing people have been discussing.  We're almost done day 3, and this is the second day in a row I've done nothing unusual at all play-wise.

Day 1:

A bit of a PvP frenzy, as I refilled a bit in the Tower of Fame  to get Filya, and I never do that early on in a League week, but regular play got me to a point where that made sense. I do do it to move up a reward tier late, if I have missed attacks, but can get into top 30 or top 45, if it's been a rough week for time.

Normal contest result: 9th. Used the contest result from the 2 days before to reach the top 11, other wise would've been 13th-15th.

Day 2:
Do my free Pachinko and ignore donations and stuff. No way was I going for stuff there.

Normal contest result: 25th. No spending of note.

Day 3:

It's fight villains, and that's going well. I did make sure I saved up Combativity so that I was full when I woke up, but that's normal going into any event when you are fighting bosses to  get girls. I don't consider that unusual. Currently 11th in my bracket. I think I prefer getting 2 single Mythic Pachinko Orbs versus a single 3xOrb, as I'd rather have 2 small shots at a whole girl, than a guaranteed 10 shards of a random girl plus 2 random pulls, so I won't be pushing for 10th via refills or using accumulated contest rewards from the last few days. I can't envision dropping to 26th before it ends.

Edit: End result was 14th. Mission accomplished.

Normal contest result so far: 3rd. I did spend 7 Epic Pachinko orbs today to try and net some Kobans. I'm heading to bed shortly, so we'll see if it sticks.

Edit I dropped to 5th, so got sniped by Europeans, it happens. Only spent orbs, so nothing that will come back to bite me.

Edited by Zteev

hace 13 minutos, Hvjkzv dijo:

Dont like this event.

First day I couldnt do anything because I could not snipe and didnt want to try for a high place 5h before end. Got ~38th.

Second day I burnt nearly all my money to get top 4 and guess what? The lags havent counted two clicks so I only got 5th...(needed 20million more for 4th).

This day I will get at least 25 shards no matter what and if its not gonna cost much Ill try to get 10th to finish this event early.

For the forth day I think itll be easy for me to get at least 25 shards because I have hundreds of legendary boosters, but I cant be around at the end to see my actual score, so I have either to brun all my stuff or try to get 50 shards today.

Thats the reason I dislike this event. You either have to be able to be around at the end of that day to snipe or burn every resources you have and get lucky to get some shards.

You mean books, right? The fourth day is allegedly about giving experience to girls and leveling them up.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Eman said:

You mean books, right? The fourth day is allegedly about giving experience to girls and leveling them up.

Ah lol yes of course! :D thanks

Edited by Hvjkzv
typo and thanks
  • Like 1

Got her thanks to the 50 shards of this competition:
image.thumb.png.63d674544e3e6286d12514e5f6fa0c9a.png

I knew I had to get 50 in one of the first three days because I used my books a few days ago to get 300 kobans (I didn't check that they were going to be needed here 🙄), so I wasn't sure I could be a top 25 in the 4th day. I didn't use any kobans in the first two days so it's been 25, 25, 50. I've used ~2k kobans today so I consider it a good spending to get a legendary girl. And a good thing about spending kobans in this particular contest is that I've gotten Avia from Silvanus and started getting a bunch of shards for Polana from Bremen.

I hope they don't ever do this kind of contest again. A second time it would be even more brutal because everybody would be more prepared.

• Like 5

Quick feedback about the new event:

At the end of each day, the more you try to win a contest... the moooooore laaaaaaaaaaaag uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

PD: thanks for Fylya :)

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Second day in a row a huge lag prevented me from getting higher tier reward. 4-5 minutes before the end of the event you couldn't register a single click in the game. Server just refused to load pages. That's not good, guys.

You tried to snipe 4th right?

And the notifications too

8 minutes ago, DarkBee1 said:

image.png.b59fa6ec21039ff355b2c1fc152fb22c.png

"Chill bracket" :D. Finally got Filya (x150 shards for 3 days). Good luck everyone who will try to get her at last day.
P.S. Hope this kind of event will be very rare, 1-2 times per year.

They need to do at least two more one for hardcore and know how if they did 3 legendary contests for every day of the event it would give more choice for the one players wanted to do I did not even get a legendary contest day 2 so I only just got her today.

There's no way to avoid lag on something that's PvP based, because everyone will be waiting for the last moment anyway. The problem is in the event's nature itself. If they insist on keeping this for whatever reason, they could at least up the duration to 6-7 days so that the competition wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 2

Spent 332 kobans on one and a half refills to secure another top 25:

image.png.e0350ebfe05344978e848f60cf7fd7b7.png

A small overpay, but people were clustered too close for comfort in there, so I went a bit higher than needed. Given the massive lag it also turned out to be the debut of the x10 battle button for my main account, no way I would have gotten through the last 20 in singles.

25th place was at 1140, 26th at 1092. My score completely without spending kobans would have been 1066, so almost but not quite enough. Top 10 required just about 4000 points, or another 13 refills. Top 4 was just under 6000, the winner had 7321.

It might turn out to be famous last words, but I'm assuming I won't have trouble securing the last 25 shards with my ~1 million girl XP book stash tomorrow. Worse comes to worse, market refreshes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Ye, I had everything prepared for it. Just needed to press two buttons: "Perform" and "Perform x10". I tried to do it the last ~2 minutes to no good.

I feel your pain. I ended up #11 despite actually launching my x10 fights at 12:29... By the time the lag allowed it to conclude, the contest was closed, and I didn't get the 200 points for it. May not look like much, but people were so close below the top 4 that these 200 points would have made me #6.

Anyway. I've learned my lessons. So 1/ no support ticket; and 2/ let's pretend the contests actually end at 12:20 from now on. ^^

• Like 1

hace 10 minutos, _shal_ dijo:

Spent 332 kobans on one and a half refills to secure another top 25:

*pic*

A small overpay, but people were clustered too close for comfort in there, so I went a bit higher than needed. Given the massive lag it also turned out to be the debut of the x10 battle button for my main account, no way I would have gotten through the last 20 in singles.

25th place was at 1140, 26th at 1092. My score completely without spending kobans would have been 1066, so almost but not quite enough. Top 10 required just about 4000 points, or another 13 refills. Top 4 was just under 6000, the winner had 7321.

It might turn out to be famous last words, but I'm assuming I won't have trouble securing the last 25 shards with my ~1 million girl XP book stash tomorrow. Worse comes to worse, market refreshes.

Don't take it wrong, but I hope everyone in our group is like you, because if they are, I may have a chance to finish in the top 4

cap1.JPG.3f9de685b3bf94420233a1e0bade7607.JPG

Months of buying and not using them may finally pay off 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3