[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

My plan for day 4 was simple: level up Filya a bunch to get her XP rising, and then see where I am. Repeat as needed. Basically just looking for a top 25 finish. Seems plausible, just checked an update and down to 29th, and she's not close to max yet.

I have other lower level girls, but she's a 5* legendary in my class, which is a huge priority.

I think that now that this is over and i've seen that things went as i imagined ( maybe a little softer, but still some of you guys are crazy let me say that XD) i can really say that i don't like this event and honestly if the choice is between this every month and the path of actraction i chose the poa. This contest where way too stressful, and honestly is too much risky (from my prospective invest a lot and big chanche to get nothing and waste your resources) and mine is not the complain of one that didn't get the girl, i got her (74.520 Y wow). At least, as i said many many times at this point, if we really wanna keep this event do it like Chutunga proposed: use tokens. Put a permanet event shop that allow you to change tokens won in legendary contest into girls. This way the stress is reduced, all the players can have her/them at some point, the "whales" can drop their cash to have them first and the studio has his money: at the end everyone is happy and nobody lose.

• Like 5

And the last 25 shards gotten for about 230k girl XP (+ 70k points from levels):

image.png.d87ea3e30300f1261bf37c2dc6814308.png

Amusing gap between 25th and 26th in the end, as several people who were already above the line decided to make their scores more safe during the last couple of minutes, while nobody from below bothered to push anymore. (I was 18th after my own push with half an hour to go, dropped to 19th about five minutes before the end, then two more spots in the mini-rush.) An overpay for everyone, I guess, but meh. 230k XP is around what I'm normally willing to put in for a first place in normal girl XP contests, so that's definitely okay for me here.

Top 10 wasn't in range at all and ended up taking more than 1.2 million points. Grats to @Eman who held on to 4th place.

• Like 5

1 minuto fa, MaybeRegret ha scritto:

I almost didn’t spend kobans to get the girl, so I probably should be happy, but I didn't enjoy this event at all.

Today there were no lags, at least for me. It's good. 

Because it takes too many clicks to score points in this last contest, it is unlikely that people will be reduced to the last minute en masse to win.

Just now, Erin86 said:

Because it takes too many clicks to score points in this last contest

Why?
This is one of the easiest. Much easier than trolls. You literally just click on the “offer” in the market. I overspended in advance, expecting the usual lag, but whatever. 

hace 1 minuto, MaybeRegret dijo:

Why?
This is one of the easiest. Much easier than trolls. You literally just click on the “offer” in the market. I overspended in advance, expecting the usual lag, but whatever. 

Because you can't give a bunch a books to a girl at once, and must move from girl to girl.

• Like 1

hace 7 minutos, _shal_ dijo:

Top 10 wasn't in range at all and ended up taking more than 1.2 million points. Grats to @Eman who held on to 4th place.

Thank you. It wasn't easy. Last night I was third with 700k points and this morning I was out of the top 10 and needed another million points.

There are a lot more people with under-leveled harems than I thought.

Got my 2 orbs for 22nd place on day 4. Did nothing except level Filya up to near max level, I will finish maxing her via Arena combats., only a couple levels shy.

Getting Filya day one made this event essentially a non-event - no stress whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Yeah, I can see we're on the same bracket on the 4th day. You have exactly 0 points and I have only 636, not giving a damn 😆. I don't get why so many people are competing for some orbs, they're using far more resources than they'll get.
To each their own, I guess.

As the "winner" of our bracket, all I will say is that I've been meaning to use my books anyway to raise my Harem level so I feel like I didn't "lose" anything by spending all those books. It's not like I can't keep up with my new girl+new books ratio, meaning that I tend to get enough books to give at least 20k EXP to every new girl I get (my epic pachinko pool is empty atm, so getting new girls is quite a slow process).

On the other hand, the prices in the winner brackets weren't all that good, but would I rather get those orbs rather than 300 kobans that I could've gotten by spending the books in a regular "give xp" contest? Absolutely.

• Like 1

I just made a poll in Feedback with my detailed thoughts in there, leave your thoughts in there if you think I missed something/if you care. If you dont, just answer the poll, that'd be good enough as well, and thanks in advance to anyone that participates! :) 

• Like 4

I have mixed feelings about this event. While I do like the concept, the implementaion was mediocre (at best).

Pros:

• The new girl. Only 1, maybe that's why she looks awesome.
  • 5 star legendary girl, available for everyone for a very little price (even for very high ranks if you just go for 25 shards each contest, not to tell about lower brackets) in comparison with legendary days, for example.
  • Something new that doesn't keep you indifferent. Just look, how much forum posts in the topics, related to PoA and LC, there are. People write about their current brackets, share strategies, whine, boast ect ect. It definitely tells that new types of events are a success. Just think, would there be so much hype about an ordinary revival?
  • The concept of contests itself, where you need to compete with the others for the girl. There are people here, who don't like it. I do. The event is put in a way that everyone, who wants the girl, will easily get it. All these 0 sum things, "but when I get the girl I steal her from the others" stuff seems like a big exaggeration to me. There are lots of people in every event (me included), that don't get girls due to many factors. Why should there be any difference for this one?
  • For those who are still in this 0 sum hype train, or couldn't get the girl for some reason (was lazy or completely missed the event) the girl will return in future events.
  • Legendary contests seem more balanced in comparison with the regular ones (yep, I'm talking about "They are only stairs for your glory" clone).
  • Availability of additional rewards after getting the girl.

Cons:

• If you set up a competition, you need to ensure that everyone is in equal starting position. This is not the case with this event. Some people have to get up at 3 or 4 AM to score points, while others just do it in a very convenient time.
  • Competition in lower tier brackets and high tier brackets differs substantially. This event hugely favors low level players for some reason.
  • Huge server lags. If you're organizing a competition, make sure that all the technical issues are excluded. Some players get an advantage just because they scored their points before the lags, while the others can't score points at all during them.
  • Quality of additional rewards. I mean, it's good that you can get additional rewards after getting the girl. But are they even that appealing? These x3 and x6 yellow orbs. Can you use them at once, like an epic orb? Technically, yes, you can. Will you do it? Definitely no. You want to use them once in a blue moon, when mythic pachinko's rotation has only 1 available girl for you, that you really want.
  • Interference with normal contests. That's not an obvious one, but it's still here. While you know all the 4 LC, you don't know about next regular contests. So you kinda try to save books, Ymens and stash contests rewards (combativity) for the Legendary contests. And the regular contests you get during the legendary ones, greatly interfere with you, hoarding resources. I, as a player who counts on regular contests as a substantial source of kobans, lose a lot of kobans during these legendary contests, cause I can't efficiently compete in the regular ones.

If the devs will fix the issues (which I doubt), than the next LC event will be good. Otherwise it's not really (but not awful, as some people here try to make it look like).

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:
  • For those who are still in this 0 sum hype train, or couldn't get the girl for some reason (was lazy or completely missed the event) the girl will return in future events.

Where did you get that info ? As far as I recall it was noted that this girl will be exclusive and unavailable by other means. Furthermore we have absolutely no info if we'll even be getting revival Legendary Contests. How would such a contest work so that it is interesting to players who already have the girl ?

• Like 1

The developers of the game are those "trolls from under the bridge."

Did you whine that "PoA" is complicated? Here's the Legendary Contest.  Suffer.)

Did you want a restart during the day for Europe? That's right, but the hells of the server lag come with it.)))

There have been complaints recently that the Tower of Glory is not very "fair". I'm starting to worry about how it ends.

In short, you have to be more careful with the criticism now. So let's do it like this:

glc.jpg.ae556008ea771d36c686e429dfdb3c36.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Where did you get that info ? As far as I recall it was noted that this girl will be exclusive and unavailable by other means. Furthermore we have absolutely no info if we'll even be getting revival Legendary Contests. How would such a contest work so that it is interesting to players who already have the girl ?

image.png

Not exactly a certainty, but more a strong hint. And to quote myself from earlier in this thread.

I can't tell you that she will definitely be coming back, but there was a very strong hint that she would reappear at some point in the.. patch notes? It was in one of the recent announcement threads. (Extra Edit: It was not the Patch Notes, but at least the second statement was right😅 )

Besides, they've spent the money creating her as an asset, so to not generate more revenue at little extra cost at a later date by bringing her back wouldn't make sense. 

• Thanks 3

Golden bunny, for example, was supposed to be back, too. And a lot of people are still waiting for her. A year or more. So without specific timing, it's all just words for now.

And in general, as I wrote before, we need to add new girls to the pool of mystical pachinko more quickly. That's why it was created that the player could get a "missed" girl, not wait for years.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20200626-183100_1593438921753_1593439207860.thumb.jpg.57319f6735ed0c016593cdc9dcbb89b7.jpgScreenshot_20200627-183122_1593439004466.thumb.jpg.d833ec8a16a66392b57af2d10678695c.jpgScreenshot_20200628-183107_1593439111167.thumb.jpg.21e666c6bb8dc1f34fa15da2426e2162.jpgScreenshot_20200629-183218_1593439066713.thumb.jpg.ef7fb7aadfc4b958a77888397d30dd89.jpg

Screenshot_20200629-185547_1593428768483.jpg.2eb5341316fe4b3e9c3e7d9ff6b9bbd2.jpg

It tooks me about 6.8k kobens in total to do refresh in PVP/refill/shop refresh and about 900M for donation and books.

Day 1 must use best boosters and all league points to get higher score and fight pvp continuously at the last 20 minutes.

(It is better to close the confirmation of koben spending.)

Day 2 using great pachinko*1 in lower level is cheaper then donation.

Day 3 I don't know how horrible it is to refill for shards.The prize of a mythic*6 orb is between doing refill 9 to 10 times.

After 4 people do refill first ,other may not exceed because it isn't worth it.

(Except someone paid bundle for this.)

Day 4 may be the most difficult one.

I have to give 31 girls to level up from 1 to 350 just to reach 1.2M points exactly.If I am to eager to let every girl to max level I may definitely lose.It still cost me 30 times to restock.(Platimum card can reduce the koben prize.)

It is hard to collect another 30 girls in 2 months.

I have to say I am the lucky one that other clubmates have to perform better even on day 4 for shards.

If you want to earn more mythic orbs next time.Here is my suggestion:

Lot of kobens to prepare.

Give up all your league fight from the beginning that week and wait for Day1.

Give up all common contest relative to donation/pachinko/give girl xp.

(Use epic orbs to get 26th or 11th because orbs doesn't help a lot unless you can get girl.)

Use shop restock when PoA requires you to spend ymen for preparation.Books are never enough.

This August I may not do all effort for mythic orb and may spend ymen for girl upgrade.

Once you have enough mythic orbs, the common way to use is

5 mythic*3 and 2 mythic*6 for a single girl.

Use it to the girls you want that aren't troll/mission girls in orgy days.Or just to reduse the epic pachinko slot. 

Edited by yoyowhan

Went to bed 12th, woke up 30th.   Ended up with 75 shards which is just the same as 0, so I wasted a bunch of resources to be sniped by people that live in different time zones closer to resest.  Yay.  great.  Yep, it's Monday. :( Hope the developers put out a survey on this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

29 minutes ago, MisterCat said:

Went to bed 12th, woke up 30th.   Ended up with 75 shards which is just the same as 0, so I wasted a bunch of resources to be sniped by people that live in different time zones closer to resest.  Yay.  great.  Yep, it's Monday. :( Hope the developers put out a survey on this.

You can try here:

Hopefully the devs will notice, but given how much feedback against this event they received in advance, they probably don't care.

• Like 2