my pics look real

niteowl4001

I hesitate to show my ladies that i make and detail. They look real as do my landscapes.  Gives you an idea of what i create on my comp. I am using an older paint program  made for windows 95. I had to make changes to allow it to run in Windows 7. It works good now and this is what i turn out.  The winter scene is one that i created from scratch.  these are not real by any means. they may look real. Bernice-9937-Bernice.thumb.jpg.6967e05af2d56ed519b2e423fd3bdba5.jpgwinter-1.jpg.66a53e2390000a2f4fbf36e935c3c894.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thinking 5

3 hours ago, niteowl4001 said:

which pic are you talking about.  what colour corrections are you refering to.   i am always willing to take critisim and learn. The winter scene is at high resolution  and no masking was used. 

The winter scene:
is 922 x 691 and that's not what i would call "high resolution"
the trees left and right in the foreground are cut off (at the bottom and on their inner side). also their shadow doesn't match the other trees.
at the trees further back and near the sky are some odd straight lines (same near the trees midway).
the color of the wolf is off and it seems like the wolf part is pasted into, but was cut out rectangular (that's why the front trees are cut off) .
Summary:
when merging different pictures or part of pictures, use a soft selection and work more precise on masking. also take care of the shadows and the colors and work with layers for easier adjusting and corrections.

Nude woman:
is 338 x 775 and that was maybe a good resolution 20 years ago ;)
the colors of the head doesen't match the color of the body.
both, the head and the body has extreme jagged edges from removing the background.
right of her knees are stains (former background) visible.
Summary:
same as winter scene

I don't know which paint program from windows 95 times you're now using on windows 7, but there are for sure better solutions available for free:
GIMP (Open Source, has a lot of features - maybe too much for a first look)
Paint.NET (PaintDotNet, Freeware, not as much as GIMP, Layers)
Inkscape (for vector graphics)

You can check and compare more graphics editors here:  Comparison of raster graphics editors

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

i am using paintshop pro 7 from Jasc  as it has more layers and the wolf is from a pic that i cut and made a tube file  to use any where i want. i use a lot of tube files. now for the winter scene i use Teregen landscape  and the resolution is run at max.  when i resized the pic it distorted the sky a little so i tried to doctor it . most of my islands have no trees on them as i haven't worked on them yet. I did the bata testing on Adobe photoshop and didn't like it and when i did the bata testing for jasc.  i found it much more amature friendly.  Teregen is a good program and fun to use.  the people maker from teregen is a 5,000 dollar program. it turns out some good models  however a lot of them have flaws on them which you have to doctor.  some have markings like watermarks.  They seem blotchy in some cases. i know i probably have a lot more to learn on this particular program. the more i use it the better i am geting.  When i submit the heads in the program and make the bodies they look good but the backgrounds suck.  when you cut them out of the background and make them tube files  which are on transparent backgrounds  they distort very little.

the wolf in my pic is Chasta a pure bread Timberwolf, that  belongs to my Brother. His pics are all over the internet. He conducts wolf studies in the tundras of northern Canada, for the Canadian Wildlife Service.  He has several packs that he studies.  The name Chasta comes from Chasta Bay where he spends a lot of his time. most of my owl pics were taken by me  from my many owls that i have had over the years.  I did the law enforcement for the Canadian Wildlife Service and the Wildlife Rescue Program, sponsored by the Federal Government of Canada.  i am a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer, and worked for the Special Enforcement Section of the  Migratory Birds Convention Act and Indian Affairs and Northern Developement.  i am an ornithologist and miss my job.  so now that i have a lot of time on my hands,  i spend a lot of time on my graphics.  most of my pics are quite graphical as they are from case files, so i don't use them for anything i would display.  My fox tubes are of my pet red fox (Syndi) which i had for 15 years. She was my girl which had many problems from her injuries.  The vets managed to save her life and she would never survive in the wild ever again. So i licensed her and bonded her so i could keep her. She was only about 4 weeks old when i rescued her.  i am well adversed in wildlife and have tangled with some of the best,  from a Wolerine to a Fisher. Grizzly bears to Black Bears.  you name it. from deer to moose.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
hace 14 horas, Chuck Nutz dijo:

I agree with @Ryaku Mcneil

There's another free program called Blender you can download it here, it's compared to Photoshop all over the internet, I've used it myself and I can tell you that it's really good and not hard to learn how it works, on YouTube you can find lots of tutorials so I highly recommend you to check it out.

To Photoshop? 🤨 Blender is a 3D design tool that can be compared to 3D Studio while Photoshop is a 2D image editor tool 😅 . It's a good tool though, that's true.
The Free GNU alternative to Photoshop is GIMP.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

what happens when i turn them into jpeg format they have a tendancy to distort. I use many programs for my pics with a high resolution . I use Teregen to make my life like landscapes where i add my trees and grass and sand or whatever i wish in paintshop. I did the bata testing on a lot of graphic editors and programs for Shareware junkies. Teregen only makes bitmap images.  Then i have to change them into either a psp format or jpeg format.  I have many format choices i can use.  here is an example of my pics. i made everything myself.  i even added a pic of my own mustang in pic 1.  pic two i made my own frame and turned it gold. i turned the palamino horse into a unicorn. The landscape in pic one was made in Tergen  and in paintshop I added the the trees,605220191_JacksPlace-2.jpg.2f2b0ad59e86209e80d21332ed94d524.jpg grass,  flying birds, stone path,  my pet redfox, and an owl on the railing.  cabin, mustang, and myself, even the smoke from the chimney.   

Labor Day-1.jpg

dude, Png is ussually the format used for editing since it's vector based and you don't get what we call "jpeg particles"

the one in the bottom looks better than the one in top since it's more of an abstract piece. the top pic, it's very clear that all the fauna and assets are from different sources. at the perspective that your portraying the farmer guy doesn't even seem to have knees. and despite this he still seems to big for that log cabin.

like seriously man, It's somewhat commendable that you're trying to simply learn by doing but find some tutorials or like join a photoshopper's discord or something.

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil

now don't forget that the pic was shortened here to fit this page and again causes distortion as the pic is not at its full capacity. Thus the resolution is cut down. I use these as my desktop pics on a 42" monitor screen.  so you can see the difference is quite noticeable.  The deer in my first pic are distorted here but are clear in the original pic. The pond i put in looks good as does the mustang in the foreground. so it is hard to judge this pic from the original.  the original pic from teregen is bland and empty landscape.  here is the original pic from Teregen  that i used to make the pic above. I also included an island pic i created  without trees or anything to give you an idea of what i am talking about.

Roaming Hills-3.jpg

MysideaTower-2.jpg

hace 2 horas, Ryaku Mcneil dijo:

dude, Png is ussually the format used for editing since it's vector based and you don't get what we call "jpeg particles"

Sorry, but png isn't vector based, it's a raster format. You don't get jpeg particles because it's a lossless compression format.