Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Case Study Villan Rewards

I started to keep track and make notes for fighting the villans since there are 3 ways to play the game that have some influence on the timing that randomizes the rewards given out, thus to my opinion you'll get better or more randomized results if you play the game in the three different ways.

From my opinion and looking at the data I'm convinced that the first two ways are better when you want to get the most amount of shards dropped and the most amount of tickets to fight against the champs, however there's no best way for everything because it depends on the goal you have and if you want to spend kobans or not.

If you don't have enough kobans to spend for playing the fastest, then I think you're better off playing the slowest way because that gives the best rewards of the choice you have on how you can play the game, when you do have enough kobans you have the choice to do what you want, is your goal to get the most amount of money then play the fastest, the randomization for playing the fastest way is good enough, however I think that it's not the best way to get more shards dropped if you want a particular girl, I think that playing the slowest is better for getting more shards dropped, it's a 5% difference which is quite a lot.

You can play the game like the following ways:

  1. Do one fight at a time, don't use the skip button at all and repeat,
  2. Do one fight at a time, use the skip button every time speeding things up and repeat,
  3. Do x10 fights at a time, costing you 12 kobans every time, have the fastest game play there is.

I know that I don't have enough data yet to really convince anyone but I am playing it for about a year or so and everyone knows that there are things that stand out or in some way convince yourself to have an opinion on that what stands out right?

Well, that's where we are now that I'm sharing the data below:

1068109983_CaseStudyVillanRewards.jpg.68ed4146c0e80d7a50c558582ebfdbc1.jpg

Edited by Chuck Nutz
I made a boo-boo for the first stats block, 5% too much and I can't correct it anymore.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to help collecting data you can post it here, I recommend to do the same thing since it's very doable, it's not too much and per 300 is handy because if something changed you can see it happening fast enough.

It's better to do blocks of 300 than waiting until you have lets say 5000 in total, eventually I'll get there but that will take one person a lot of time and then you have the chance that when you have the data to share that the game already changed making your data irrelevant.

If you want to help I can share the empty spreadsheet image that you can use with windows paint just by adding the text fields, that's how I did it and works pretty good.

Let me know if you want to help collecting data, if you want the empty spreadsheet and if there's interest to continue collecting the data.

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone, grab your tinfoil hats!


More seriously, I'm having trouble finding words to adequately convey my feelings on this nonsense. I'm sorely tempted to remove it. As it is, I'm just going to strongly urge anyone reading to not pay the slightest bit of attention. You can find the stupidest crap by interpreting odd fluctuations in RNG and putting bias and spin on it.

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a 4th way thats faster than both the first two.  Use the full link for the boss fight eg www.hentaiheroes.com/battle.html?id_troll=1 and ctrl+r immediately after clicking perform, reloads the screen straight away.  Rinse and repeat.

As far as your data goes, surely its just RNG.  Taking the time to code different probabilities depending on the sequence of buttons pressed just doesn't seem very likely.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darsca said:

Everyone, grab your tinfoil hats!


More seriously, I'm having trouble finding words to adequately convey my feelings on this nonsense. I'm sorely tempted to remove it. As it is, I'm just going to strongly urge anyone reading to not pay the slightest bit of attention. You can find the stupidest crap by interpreting odd fluctuations in RNG and putting bias and spin on it.

I'm sorry if it's a bad thing what I did, I didn't see this as a bad thing it's only my opinion that I shared with my own stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure it might just be Rng, and it probably is, but i don't see collecting data hurtful to anyone, and if people want to contribute then eventually there might be a big enough sample size to actually get some reliable numbers out of this. I don't see that as a bad thing, and if noone is beeing forced to collect data, then what is the big problem? :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

Sure it might just be Rng, and it probably is, but i don't see collecting data hurtful to anyone, and if people want to contribute then eventually there might be a big enough sample size to actually get some reliable numbers out of this. I don't see that as a bad thing, and if noone is beeing forced to collect data, then what is the big problem? :)

For starters, there's a serious issue here in that it's simply impossible for the clicking of the 'skip' button to make any actual difference, since the result of the battle has already been sent to the player's browser before he actually clicks on the button, as it happens the moment the battle is initiated by the player.

And by impossible, I mean that you can use the browser dev tools to verify that the result is already there before you see it on-screen in the game.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully support collecting the data as long as you're careful to keep it accurate, however I caution anyone from actually interpreting the data until you have a couple thousand fights in each catagory at minimum.

Also I believe event shards and regular boss shards are two completely separate pools, and must be logged independently. The 1x 2x 3x 4x per fight isn't important as whether you fought a boss with an event girl, a regular girl, or both. I can't pull up the quote right now but I'm pretty sure that the devs specifically said every amount within the range (for example: 2-8 for classic events) has an equal chance of occurring,

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is like saying that you win more scratch lottery tickets because of the way you scratch it.
This is the funniest post I've read here in a while because of how utterly stupid it is 🤣

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, Taorin said:

I fully support collecting the data as long as you're careful to keep it accurate, however I caution anyone from actually interpreting the data until you have a couple thousand fights in each catagory at minimum.

Also I believe event shards and regular boss shards are two completely separate pools, and must be logged independently. The 1x 2x 3x 4x per fight isn't important as whether you fought a boss with an event girl, a regular girl, or both. I can't pull up the quote right now but I'm pretty sure that the devs specifically said every amount within the range (for example: 2-8 for classic events) has an equal chance of occurring,

The data I collected for the girl is only the event girl since I don't have a troll girl left over for a few villains, so I was only battling those specific villains.

Also this was my first time that I collected data so I'm sure there's room for improvement.

22 hours ago, Čamuga said:

This is like saying that you win more scratch lottery tickets because of the way you scratch it.
This is the funniest post I've read here in a while because of how utterly stupid it is 🤣

Collecting data isn't stupid, it may be in your eyes but if people want to collect data of anything it shouldn't be a problem and I can see from the comment you share that you clearly don't get the point of it.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:22 AM, _shal_ said:

For starters, there's a serious issue here in that it's simply impossible for the clicking of the 'skip' button to make any actual difference, since the result of the battle has already been sent to the player's browser before he actually clicks on the button, as it happens the moment the battle is initiated by the player.

And by impossible, I mean that you can use the browser dev tools to verify that the result is already there before you see it on-screen in the game.

Thanks for your comment, I wasn't aware of that and I'll take that into account and make an improvement to the chart, it saves me time and I'm not collecting useless data anymore.

I very much appreciate your input.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chuck Nutz said:

Collecting data isn't stupid, it may be in your eyes but if people want to collect data of anything it shouldn't be a problem and I can see from the comment you share that you clearly don't get the point of it.

I never had issue with you collecting data. Collecting data is fine. Having a batshit insane premise though, that's the problem here. You started collecting data with false knowledge and assumptions, which would in the end, render your data collecting almost, if not entirely, worthless :P 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, Čamuga said:

I never had issue with you collecting data. Collecting data is fine. Having a batshit insane premise though, that's the problem here. You started collecting data with false knowledge and assumptions, which would in the end, render your data collecting almost, if not entirely, worthless :P 

No I didn't start with false knowledge and assumptions, before I shared this on the forum I first talked about this with the club members who are way more experienced than me and they told me how it really works and that the data is worthless, that's the reason why I clearly say that it's just my opinion and that I'm biased I don't deny and I thought that I made that perfectly clear.

And now that I shared it here and talked about it some more with the club members I came to the conclusion that my results don't say anything about what others get, in fact it can be totally different and therefore the data from only one person is worthless, I have to collect the data from more people and average it all to get a more accurate data sheet and the more people there are in the data pool would be more accurate of course but it still wouldn't say much about any individual player.

I get all that now but you didn't have to be condescending to me about the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont be so hard on yourself, chuck nutz, you obviously drew a stupid conclusion from the data you had, but you see it now and are willing to change your originally claim. That's a great attitude and hopefully you can keep this up.

The rough tone you were experiencing shouldnt demotivate you to collect data and draw your own conclusions - maybe you just rethink your wording (e.g. 'case study')  and make your position from where you are arguing more transparent.  You probably already know that in the feedback section are several data collecting threads, where you can easily add your own.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, blaa said:

Dont be so hard on yourself, chuck nutz, you obviously drew a stupid conclusion from the data you had, but you see it now and are willing to change your originally claim. That's a great attitude and hopefully you can keep this up.

The rough tone you were experiencing shouldnt demotivate you to collect data and draw your own conclusions - maybe you just rethink your wording (e.g. 'case study')  and make your position from where you are arguing more transparent.  You probably already know that in the feedback section are several data collecting threads, where you can easily add your own.

Thanks for the support @blaa I appreciate it very much.

I haven't come across the feedback section you mentioned, it's not very obvious where to find that, I've gone through the major sections just not more than 5 pages deep.

Maybe that's why I didn't see it I don't know, I would appreciate it if you or anyone else would share a link to that so I can take a look at what others say and their results.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

It's a subforum, literally called feedback...

Yes I know that but feedback is mostly used for posting bug reports and other things that aren't related to such a thing like this case study that's why I say it's not really obvious, I've gone through all posts on the first page already and there's nothing I can see that's about someone keeping track of anything so if you know please leave me a link.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chuck Nutz said:

Yes I know that but feedback is mostly used for posting bug reports and other things that aren't related to such a thing like this case study that's why I say it's not really obvious, I've gone through all posts on the first page already and there's nothing I can see that's about someone keeping track of anything so if you know please leave me a link.

No, the bug reports subforum is for posting bug reports in. This would be very obvious if you'd actually looked at the subforums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No, the bug reports subforum is for posting bug reports in. This would be very obvious if you'd actually looked at the subforums.

I did look at it, look at the image above from Chthugha the second post is a bug report and there are many more of those in the feedback category.

And the other thing is that it's only talking about shards dropped it's not a case study like I did reporting on all the items dropped.

Edited by Chuck Nutz
needed to add some extra info
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chuck Nutz said:

I did look at it, look at the image above from Chthugha the second post is a bug report and there are many more of those in the feedback category.

No it's not. It's a player without a clue making a post. It's them reporting an issue they're having because they don't understand existing features of the game, not even they claimed it was a bug report. No intelligent player would think a feedback category is for reporting bugs when they see another category called Bug Reporting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 4:11 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

No it's not. It's a player without a clue making a post. It's them reporting an issue they're having because they don't understand existing features of the game, not even they claimed it was a bug report. No intelligent player would think a feedback category is for reporting bugs when they see another category called Bug Reporting.

well, then there must be a lot of unintelligent people all over the world.

If you have a problem with Windows you give feedback with the bug report and that's the way most programs work and how developers get their information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...