Possible future girl?

There was mention of a bondage-themed event in the Girl Next Door event survey results* so, putting two & two together, I suspect there's a reasonable chance that that'll be the theme of the forthcoming Classic event.

*I'm absolutely useless with tech stuff so not sure how to quote from another thread but this 👇 is the link to the page. The section in question is at the foot of the page: 

Between the choices i would probably have hoped for "savage - battle girls" option :) what a pity for me ( i think in the survey i proposed a back in time event : since we have laverne, a time traveler, and some milfs (bunny's and lupa's mom for example) and some immortals, i wanted a younger versions of them :) )

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

There was mention of a bondage-themed event in the Girl Next Door event survey results* so, putting two & two together, I suspect there's a reasonable chance that that'll be the theme of the forthcoming Classic event.

That's pretty standard for Jennie though, so if it is her (which I'm fairly sure it is), it could be in any event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caradog said:

It would be rather silly to ask players for what themes they want to see in future events if Kinkoid already have one of the listed choices ready to go three weeks later, so I kind of doubt that.

Edited by _shal_

9 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Now imagine that one thing is a different thing, now its that different thing.
-.-

Surely as such a great art critic, you must be able to imagine how it would be if the artist you prefer would've drawn it?
You critique this artist for not making it similar enough, but you can't even imagine it yourself :|

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Surely as such a great art critic, you must be able to imagine how it would be if the artist you prefer would've drawn it?
You critique this artist for not making it similar enough, but you can't even imagine it yourself :|

Yeah, and now I want you to imagine that, idk, lets say that the Star wars sequel trilogy is good. Surely such a great film critic can imagine if it were good! And now its good. 

Sorry, but I draw a line at delusional statements like "Imagine it is what you want it to be, and now you'll like it", that is insane.
And to preempt your criticism- yes I'm taking you literally and for your word, because its a written forum and I cant hear your tone, so I'm taking you at your word, because I don't intend to pull the meaning out of your statement other than what is said in the text itself. And yet, I'm sure that I am the snarky one.

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Čamuga said:

Yeah, and now I want you to imagine that, idk, lets say that the Star wars sequel trilogy is good. Surely such a great film critic can imagine if it were good! And now its good.

Sorry, but I draw a line at delusional statements like "Imagine it is what you want it to be, and now you'll like it", that is insane.
And to preempt your criticism- yes I'm taking you literally and for your word, because its a written forum and I cant hear your tone, so I'm taking you at your word, because I don't intend to pull the meaning out of your statement other than what is said in the text itself. And yet, I'm sure that I am the snarky one.

Nowhere did he say you'd like it. You said you couldn't see it as Jennie, so he suggested you imagine this picture drawn in Ben's art style instead, and compare that to see whether or not it's Jennie. That's what his words were.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Čamuga said:

Idk, looks nothing like Jennie lol...

Yeah, you're right. Looks absolutely nothing like her at all. Must be a new girl, or a variant of someone like Lola or Solvieg, or even Malina.

My money's on Lola

/s in case it wasn't clear that I wasn't being serious. I'm also taking a bit of a shot at Lola's art lately because yeah ok yeah nice art but also doesn't look like... her? Every time I see new variants I'm always "??? Who's that? Oh ok it's Lola". At least that looks like it could be Jenny considering her newer art/poses

• Like 1

33 minuti fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

Nowhere did he say you'd like it. You said you couldn't see it as Jennie, so he suggested you imagine this picture drawn in Ben's art style instead, and compare that to see whether or not it's Jennie. That's what his words were.

George is useless to explain it to him, he will continue not to understand and then will arrive the accuse of flooding because who explain repeat the same concept that he can't understand.

Deja vu. 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GameSam said:

Yeah, you're right. Looks absolutely nothing like her at all. Must be a new girl, or a variant of someone like Lola or Solvieg, or even Malina.

My money's on Lola

/s in case it wasn't clear that I wasn't being serious. I'm also taking a bit of a shot at Lola's art lately because yeah ok yeah nice art but also doesn't look like... her? Every time I see new variants I'm always "??? Who's that? Oh ok it's Lola". At least that looks like it could be Jenny considering her newer art/poses

It's almost as if our point is pretty clear and has been brought up an insane amount of times on the forum, but some KK people don't like dissidents I guess :P

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, mikcris said:

Back on topic... are there any more details as to what will be the 10 day event starting 1st of August? I mean besides this picture of a blonde girl in ropes.

Nada. Considering our usual amount of heads-up time from Kinkoid, I'm not expecting anything concrete until the day before it's due to start, and that's being optimistic.

• Like 1

It's definitely Jennie. And yeah, "I don't like the current art direction" and "I can recognize this character" are not mutually exclusive. Čamuga's rant seems quite misplaced here. The point was to guess which character was being represented, not to assess the art quality (there are plenty of other opportunities to do that, as I frequently do myself, but not here).

I have a few more hints as to what the upcoming event will be like, but I don't think it's safe to spoil anything here or yet. Suffice to say, I'm confident this will be a new event (as in it will at least mainly or probably even only contain new harem girls to collect), and so far it looks like it won't diverge too much from a standard "classic" monthly event. It also has a theme, possibly two (you can already guess one from the Nutaku banner discussed here). And as far as I can tell, it might actually be formatted for 10 or even 9 days rather than the usual 12.

So my best guess right now is that it will be a classic event, for the most part, but with an Anniversary Month twist, like ForePlay 2, the mega-OD and the current PoA 3 all had. I hope they saved the best for last (although it's hard to beat the best PoA and one of the best events, period) or that it will at least be more generous and player friendly than FP 2 ("Anniversary 4") was. That's all I can safely say.

22 hours ago, _shal_ said:

It would be rather silly to ask players for what themes they want to see in future events if Kinkoid already have one of the listed choices ready to go three weeks later, so I kind of doubt that.

It would, but that's not what happened. They pulled three themes seemingly out of a hat and presented them as the main or possibly most frequent answers to the completely open question "What would like to see in future events?" when they published the latest survey results. Bondage, Medieval Fantasy and "Savage or Battle girl", whatever that even means. Could it be that they already had an event planned with one or more of these themes, and that this alleged summary of what players typed in answer to this question was adjusted to match this event's theme(s)? This would sound more likely to me.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It would, but that's not what happened. They pulled three themes seemingly out of a hat and presented them as the main or possibly most frequent answers to the completely open question "What would like to see in future events?" when they published the latest survey results. Bondage, Medieval Fantasy and "Savage or Battle girl", whatever that even means. Could it be that they already had an event planned with one or more of these themes, and that this alleged summary of what players typed in answer to this question was adjusted to match this event's theme(s)? This would sound more likely to me.

Why would Kinkoid suddenly bother with setting the stage for a "But this is what the fanbase wanted!" argument when they've never particularly cared about that for future event themes before? And even when they did care as e.g. with the much-requested Cameo-type events, the turnaround times were more on the order of half a year or longer.

Also, setting the stage in such a convoluted and arguably ineffective way, no less. Here you are, already not believing the validity of that poll result; how much better could the reception possibly be if Kinkoid actually tried to cite that result as their motivation for doing a specific event?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

They pulled three themes seemingly out of a hat and presented them as the main or possibly most frequent answers to the completely open question "What would like to see in future events?" when they published the latest survey results.

That's how I read it too - I don't doubt they were genuine answers to the poll but I suspect they were picked out as they coincided with what they were already planning &, consequently, publishing them helps give the impression that the company is reactive to player feedback (something which has, sometimes unfairly, been questioned in the responses to recent KK posts) - but I've only been playing this game for a little over six months so I'll happily defer to those who've been actively playing the game & following Kinkoid's updates for much longer than I have.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Also, setting the stage in such a convoluted and arguably ineffective way, no less. Here you are, already not believing the validity of that poll result; how much better could the reception possibly be if Kinkoid actually tried to cite that result as their motivation for doing a specific event? 

I wouldn't read too much into it. Their surveys themselves have been consistently biased and the published results, not to mention their presentation and interpretation of them have always left much to be desired. This one is just business as usual. It's just that someone in this thread made the connection between the bondage-themed sneak peek and the mention of bondage as a "requested theme" in that survey, so I've addressed it. I don't think it's an elaborate plan or a sign that they want to emphasize this event as "Because you demanded it!" fan service. I just find it odd that out of hundreds or possibly more free-form answers to such an open question, the main takeaway would be the three themes they presented as the community answer in the survey results. So yeah, it doesn't look very believable to me, but that's nothing new or outstanding. I don't even expect them to mention the survey in the event's announcement.

I'm sure a number of players requested bondage as a kink, why not; but I'm also sure that other kinks were certainly also suggested (including by yours truly) in this survey and previous ones, some of which are generally more widespread or accepted than bondage (though I have nothing against bondage). If there were like 5 kinks listed in the summary of player suggestions, I wouldn't have been surprised to see bondage in that list. But just one kink and it happens to be bondage? This would suggest that this was by far the most frequently suggested kink, to the point that other ones aren't worth mentioning compared to it. This, I sincerely doubt.

As for the other two themes mentioned, Medieval Fantasy is absolutely credible. That's a very broad theme, it's already more or less in the game in various places, and it's a very popular genre in general. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a majority of players who decided to suggest a genre as a theme requested heroic fantasy, medieval settings or something along those lines. "Savage or battle girl", though... Sounds like a weird mix and match of multiple answers, not necessarily that cohesive, and not likely that popular. It could mean anything from another prehistoric theme to another way to say heroic fantasy again (just, you know, closer to Conan or Red Sonja than to LotR or GoT) to a Mexican catch thing (you know with the masks and everything), to many other things. So this one sounds to me like they more or less awkwardly tried to make one theme out of a variety of fairly different answers.

In any case, I don't think this is a big deal or anything. It's just a funny detail to notice.

• Like 3

@DvDivXXXYour argument is invalid, you changed your pfp 😂🤣
Jokes aside, I'm just stating frustratingly how girls get constantly butchered up to such a point, where an extreme statement as "Well that's not Jennie/Lola/insert girl name here" actually gets to apply, because they are so different. Other than hair/eye colour and boob size (which in itself is also subject to change depending on the level of incompetence/rush on the side of the artist), they're nothing alike. And that's the point.

Edited by Čamuga
Phrasing and typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

@DvDivXXXYour argument is invalid, you changed your pfp 😂🤣
Jokes aside, I'm just stating frustratingly how girls get constantly butchered up to such a point, where an extreme statement as "Well that's not Jennie/Lola/insert girl name here" actually gets to apply, because they are so different. Other than hair/eye colour and boob size (which in itself is also subject to change depending on the level of incompetence/rush on the side of the artist), they're nothing alike. And that's the point.

and the fetish in this case...