Compensation for game problems.

_Rod_

Every other game that I play have problems every once in a while.

It's normal to have problems, bugs and server instability here and then.

Players should receive some kobans to make up for these problems though.

This is the only game I play that doesn't give anything to compensate player for after server and patch problems.

Example, Places of Power disappearance earlier today.

That would make most players happy as this is a common thing among games in general.

Just so you know... There was a major bug exploit issue, which is definitely serious enough for players to be understanding about the feature's temporary removal for a fix. The feature was out for about 3 hours total, the bug has been fixed (as well as the new tutorial this patch was meant to introduce), timers have been maintained for all ongoing missions (even if, of course, some players still lost a few hours if they were about to launch a new one, myself included) and... as for compensation...

No announcement has been made about a good will gesture, and I'm not at liberty to confirm either way, but... It would appear that ALL players received a girl shard drop as their very next mission reward after the feature was reintroduced. Which is a pretty generous compensation for the inconvenience, me thinks. Especially considering the fast fix and the major incident that made this maintenance necessary. Or, well, let's just say it's a generous "coincidence", since again this purely hypothetical on my end ;)

Anyways, in this specific case, I would say that Kinkoid handled things very well overall. I just wish they would communicate a bit more on this sort of positive things. But here, I've said it for them. Good job, guys! Much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ~Crown Clown said:

@DvDivXXX what happen to people who have thousands of tickets and pachinko orbs that abused the bug? We'll just ignore that?

I don't think many people even knew there was a bug so anyone that actually abused it a lot would have been noticed and either had their extra stuff taken away or given a temporary ban if they abused it as you put it in the thousands.

Mods are just normal players that keep the forums clean and try to ask normal questions unless people come on the forums and complain about being punished for abusing it we will not know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ~Crown Clown said:

@DvDivXXX what happen to people who have thousands of tickets and pachinko orbs that abused the bug? We'll just ignore that?

I couldn't have put it better myself than @natstar's answer. 👍

Also, this question is only somewhat related to the main topic of this thread, which is compensation for players impacted negatively by tech issues or their consequences. How players who abuse a bug get punished is another matter, and indeed it's essentially between Kinkoid and those players. All I can really say is that the company doesn't take kindly to cheaters, and players found abusing an exploit should generally come to regret that decision in retrospect. But yeah, as a general rule, that's not something that will be openly discussed or announced here, unless Kinkoid decides to make a statement.

There were cases in the past that were noticeable enough that those who paid close attention to the forums were able to get a good idea of what was done, though. Two in particular come to mind: the time when some players managed to get a brand-new account up to a ridiculously high level in no time at all (and those accounts are no longer with us) and the time when some players ended up with ridiculously overpowered equipment (and those pieces of equipment changed back to a normal range for their level after the bug was fixed). So yeah, don't worry too much about that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:31 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Good job, guys! Much appreciated.

Thank you for removing my dupe. Just learning how to use it. =]

I agree with you and just to clarify, this post was not a complaint but an idea.

As I said, problems happens, and they are normal. I play many different games and most,  if not all, of them do this; After a bug, glitch, patch or anything that interrupts players to play the game, they always give something as a compensation. May be nothing to the company, but players feel appreciated when that happens. I believe it is a really good routine.

• Like 1