New feature: THE SEASONS!!!

Mario Kinkoid

Hey guys! Hope you are doing well! 🙂

We have just released on our test server the brand-new feature announced in yesterday's Patch Notes : the Seasons

Seasons 2.JPG
* The design of the feature above isn't the final one

🛠️ During your tests, you will notice some visual issues which will be fixed before the final live release. 🛠️
Meanwhile, your feedbacks and comments on the general feature are more than welcome! You can share your feedbacks, thoughts and comments with us via the #hh-test-server channel on Discord, or directly by leaving a comment here.

📰 A new session of test and a survey should be available starting from the 26/10/2020 📰

💻 Thank you for your participation in the test server! 💻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 2
  • GG 1

I actually like the PoA events so this is great news for me.

However, I think I've found a bug. I can't do any fights in the season if my Challenge tokens are at 0 (the tokens you need to fight in the League).
The game just asks me to refill my tokens when I try and fight. If I choose not to refill my game just freezes.

Would appreciate it if someone else could second this.

• Haha 2

I miss the 30 min wait for the arena (at least there you could choose other players without spending kobans, instead here or you lose the ticket losing also mojo or you have to spend kobans) .....

in the end it's a game What do you do and you leave and come back in 10 hours :( instead with 30 minutes to choose other players you would play again

If I have to rate the season, I would give it a 3 out of 10, but if you put the time of 30 min to choose other players, I would give it a 7 out of 10

I'm not very sure, but it seems that we all started with 1000 mojo, if it is a 30 day event and you have to do 45 parts of it, it seems a bit long, although the game thought to put more because after the first girl it would stay in little thing ??

I still think that a small level will be very difficult to achieve ... even tier 1, what they would have to do is fight all of them at the same level, for example being all level 200 and not wearing armor (that's how dirty;) all naked: So there would be equality and it would only be noticed if you have a booster)

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

I'm loving the concept and the vibe. This seems pretty close to what I hoped was meant in a recent survey with the question about having one event run throughout the month while shorter events come and go in parallel. It's basically a battle pass, much like PoA in structure, but with some PvP elements that evoke both Arena (with the three opponent selection and the ability to re-roll them for kobans) and the Leagues (with a token/energy system to regulate fights, and also the ability to refill for kobans). And something to start going in a matchmaking-oriented system, and hopefully away from the Leagues' terribly imbalanced "the older account wins" philosophy. I really like the design and both reward paths seem fairly appealing, pricing feels right too.

The main question marks for me would be:

1. Will there be a maximum number of wins per season at a fixed cap? Otherwise, I'm afraid any competitive aspect will be outweighed by a predictable wallet war through koban refills. This would kind of defeat the point of trying to implement a matchmaking system.

2. How well will (the hopefully reset slash reworked) Mojo work as a balance tool on its own for the bulk of this feature? So far, it feels random on the test server (I'm level 88 over there, and I see everything from level 22 to level 300+ in my opponent selections). Of course this type of system would need some time to adjust, and perhaps more importantly, the test server has a very different crowd than the main servers do. So wait and see. In any case, at least it's not something set in stone like how long ago you started your account, so it's a step in the right direction (hopefully also serving to test the waters for a future League rework).
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slynia said:

I actually like the PoA events so this is great news for me.

However, I think I've found a bug. I can't do any fights in the season if my Challenge tokens are at 0 (the tokens you need to fight in the League).
The game just asks me to refill my tokens when I try and fight. If I choose not to refill my game just freezes.

Would appreciate it if someone else could second this.

"confirmed" as a player

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/15697-season-fight-requires-league-token-greater-zero/

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

[...]

1. Will there be a maximum number of wins per season at a fixed cap? Otherwise, I'm afraid any competitive aspect will be outweighed by a predictable wallet war through koban refills. This would kind of defeat the point of trying to implement a matchmaking system.

2. [...]

only my observation:

the "season pass" costs a net 1500 kobans - if you hit tier 45. So paying 3600 and collecting from free & paid area 2100 kobans. Falling anyhow short of tier 45 rises the net costs as the last tier gives 750 kobans alone...

Edited by windia
tier 3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, after reading the entry post - which is not the patch notes as I thought without readin... - 

here my started thread in test page - which I simply will keep at it is over there to keep double postings short:

the bugs I will keep reporting in the test server bug section.

Edited by windia

I have reservations re: the move to matching players on mojo alone. It's throwing up serious mismatches (see attached screenshot). If the  mismatches are an unforeseen issue which is resolved before The Seasons is launched on the Live Server then fair enough but if the intention is to persevere with matching players on the basis of mojo alone then I foresee some pretty angry feedback from the general playerbase.

Screenshot (129).png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

With 3x PoP, that is more than made up for.

fair point. forgot these current news to take into account.

while I see benefit in leveling up a PoP and there are now 3 possible (depending on your story progress), this not as steady as the arena, so I would deny "more than made up for", just a replacement

let's say it just adds up more RNG to the game. 

Edited by windia

Previously, on the arena, we had 3 PvP every half hour. That is 6 PvP/hour. Now instead of them - 1 PvP/hour. Six times(!!!) less.

This is very bad arithmetic. Plus a disgusting balance. 300-400-lvl opponents with my 217 lvl is a nonsense.

On a ten-point scale: -1. (This is not a dash. This is a minus.)

Edited by YanDee
  • Like 4
  • Thinking 1

As with the leagues I wish the current token number would be visible on town screen.

so I need to visit the page just to see "something regrown / running full"?

That is still annoying.

good point is that it takes 10 hours to get full = better for sleeping

so far my main issue is the matching. im only around 160 on the test server and i was getting paired with people on the mid to high 300's, but since it is the test server it may be due to the lack of players, still it is a pretty big difference in level.

not a fan of losing progression in the mojo bar either. ill use mtg arena has an example (since i just finished my daily four wins), the general norm when a game has this type of feature when you win you gain exp (mojo in this case) when you lose you simply dont gain anything and your progression bar remains the same, and considering here you cant just keep doing matches after matches unless you refill the lips/kisses, not losing mojo would be more balanced.

other than that have a question that im still trying to figure out cause im getting my ass destroyed in the ptr

1 - do you need to reclaim the reward from tier 1 to move to tier 2 and so on or will you just move on from tier to tier and reclaim stuff when you feel is more beneficial like in PoA?

its an interesting feature for sure, that could be fun to on a monthly basis, my main concern is that it goes live with just some tweakings to the mojo values you can gain/lose and the rest stays pretty much the same. if that is the case then instead of being a step forward in game enjoyment and evolution is two steps back instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forman said:

Has the leaderboard been removed?

On 10/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, Noacc said:

Leaderboards Arena

• On Monday, 26 October 2020, you will receive your last reward from the Leaderboards. Any actions and conditions afterward will not be counted towards the Leaderboard
  •  Both the Arena and the Leaderboards will be replaced with a new feature, called Seasons 

yep. mismatch with levels right now, probably because everyone's mojo is reset.

They need to keep the Arena system +/- 15 levels as well as mojo

It's very hard to test further with my low level test account because of this. Already spent 2000 kobans on refills/refreshes and not even past Tier 0.

I don't like the fact that there are XP rewards on the 3800 koban paid season pass as well. It's hard to keep up already for the majority of FTP players that are not at the top of the D3 ladder. Unless there's a concurrent revamp of the leagues system, this Season thing will just increase the gap between the rich and the not-so-rich.

The "arena" doesn't refresh at all. So If you have no winnable fights, your only option is to lose a fight (hence lose mojo/progress) so that it refreshes, or pay the 12 kobans. IMO there should be an option for a timed refresh to wait it out, just like anything else in this game. One hour wait could be fair, considering it's the cost of one kiss. IMO, compounding the loss of one kiss with a backtrack on your mojo progress is going to be annoying, many players won't be happy to pay 12 kobans or lose intentionally everytime this happens.

Edited by Zamio
added feedback
  • Like 10

I looked at the new feature of the seasons and I will say that it is generally not bad. Battlepass is a cool topic, again, the opportunity to make 10 battles and go to sleep, it's just like in the chronicle about the capture of Constantinople by the Mohammedans - "brings God heartfelt joy and amuses the army"

But there are two points. The first is that if the system of selection of opponents is left only for mojo, then I do not envy low-level players. No, I said wrong, it should be like this -
NOOBS WILLtenor.gif.f74e20c222e0874ddf8a4257f97ece16.gif

Especially at the beginning of the season, when all players have about the same mojo and for low levels 95% of this pool is simply physically impossible to win. This must be undoubtedly corrected, such suffering for new players is always very bad for the project.

The second point is the rewards that are given for each fight - the experience and affection of the girls. They must either be removed completely so as not to produce unnecessary essences, or to increase in order to give them at least some value. The logic here is simple - before there were 6 battles per hour, now 1, that is, it is logical to increase it at least six times. Even so, these values will be so paltry in the current meta of the game that they are not worth the extra mouse movement. For me, it is necessary to increase these values by a hundred times, then it will make sense to somehow use it. I would generally go further and in order not to weaken the combat team with weak participants who need experience, I would make a separate "place for study" where weak girls could be placed and given experience in observing combat techniques or something like that. But these are all dreams, now at least just increase these values as you see fit - for this you just need to change a couple of variables in the code, which is not difficult.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Zamio said:

The "arena" doesn't refresh at all. So If you have no winnable fights, your only option is to lose a fight (hence lose mojo/progress) so that it refreshes, or pay the 12 kobans. IMO there should be an option for a timed refresh to wait it out, just like anything else in this game. One hour wait could be fair, considering it's the cost of one kiss. IMO, compounding the loss of one kiss with a backtrack on your mojo progress is going to be annoying, many players won't be happy to pay 12 kobans or lose intentionally everytime this happens.

Yep, strong agree. The worst part is that paying kobans to refresh is highly likely to result in players simply finding out that there are no more beatable opponents in their range at all. Having some amount of natural refreshes available won't help them get around that roadblock either, but at least they're not wasting kobans for nothing then.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 10

This is the result in my lvl120 test server account after 34 season fights (10 initial kisses + 24hours of natural recharge). My lowest mojo score has been 924 mojo (obtained during the first 10 fights), while my highest mojo score was 1068 (reached at fight number 30). It is a far better result than what I expected yesterday evening (I was only able to get back to 988 mojo score before going to sleep). Considering the much larger pool of players in the live server, I suppose this mechanic could be a little more "new-player friendly" there than how it is in the test server.

The thing that right now bothers me more is that "6pvp fights/hour to 1pvp fight/hour" change and its consequent interference with our ability(/possibility) to complete PoAs without claiming CPs rewards

season.JPG.f1228ef2100bfd3afa8fe303f45d589c.JPG

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

The thing that right now bothers me more is that "6pvp fights/hour to 1pvp fight/hour" change and its consequent interference with our ability(/possibility) to complete PoAs without claiming CPs rewards

I'm not sure I understand - there have never been PoA rewards that allowed clearing the PvP tasks more quickly. Do you just mean that the PvP tasks will take so long that there won't be enough time for the rest, including villain wins tasks? I'd say being forced to claim combativity is the least of our worries with that.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Caradog said:

I have reservations re: the move to matching players on mojo alone. It's throwing up serious mismatches (see attached screenshot). If the  mismatches are an unforeseen issue which is resolved before The Seasons is launched on the Live Server then fair enough but if the intention is to persevere with matching players on the basis of mojo alone then I foresee some pretty angry feedback from the general playerbase.

Screenshot (129).png

Also- Im not a fan of this design. I know that they've been changing the designs of most thing, like Missions, so Arena is bound to be next- but this just looks off... Please at least give back some divider lines or some shit, this is just awful to look at!

• Like 3