New feature: THE SEASONS!!!

Mario Kinkoid

1 ora fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

I'm not sure I understand - there have never been PoA rewards that allowed clearing the PvP tasks more quickly. Do you just mean that the PvP tasks will take so long that there won't be enough time for the rest, including villain wins tasks? I'd say being forced to claim combativity is the least of our worries with that.

I always managed to complete PoAs without claiming CPs and (and without having to use any of the premium path rewards or refilling anything) with one spare day at least (during last one, the sell objectes contest do me wrong, and I finished with only half a day of spare time) so I'm pretty confident of the fact that, by claiming the CPs rewards of PoA, I'll be able to complete it even with the heavily reduced number of pvp fights/hour, that will inevitably slow down the pvp tasks of PoAs.

This still bothers me, 'cause the PoA's CPs rewards were a great help for the now 9 days main event, for a mostly-F2P that unfortunately cannot compete for the top places in Dicktators II/III, as I am. And again, I'm not expecting to get every single thing by beign a f2p, and I'm fine with that, BUT, since the introduction of shards system, main events were those "easy ones" in which everyone could get all the girls on trolls likely for free. Now we're getting far from this, and I think it is a pity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

I always managed to complete PoAs without claiming CPs and (and without having to use any of the premium path rewards or refilling anything) with one spare day at least (during last one, the sell objectes contest do me wrong, and I finished with only half a day of spare time) so I'm pretty confident of the fact that, by claiming the CPs rewards of PoA, I'll be able to complete it even with the heavily reduced number of pvp fights/hour, that will inevitably slow down the pvp tasks of PoAs.

I would hope that the PoA PvP tasks will be adjusted for the fact that there will only be 65 possible free battles in a day now (41 league, 24 seasons). IMHO the much bigger problem is now going to be people who simply run out of winnable battles altogether, especially if PoA continues to be late in the month when the majority of players will be far along the seasons path. Tanking your mojo through losses to get easier opponents was pretty much penalty-free in the arena; that won't be the case with seasons.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

one invested all he could to hit the max tier 45 on test server:

(or it is a dev account, can't check due to "no ToF anymore that for"

image.thumb.png.39ff0bed582bd5fc9bba88844eac221d.png

as the result is that clean, I guess you cannot pass it. And the assumption of shal with 200 mojo/tier while starting on 1000 mojo is correct.

Edited by windia
  • Like 2

Lemme do some math here, 45 levels, 200 mojo per level (assuming it stays that way at higher levels) in ~30 days. That means you need 300 mojo per day, with a natural regen of 24 fights per day that's 12.5 mojo per fight, absolute minimum with every kiss used and no losses.

@Antimon's 34 fights for a total of 47 mojo hopefully is just unbelievably bad luck cause you need like 10x that rate.

This is  a really tight window even for a month long event, hopefully I messed up on an assumption somewhere or I expect to see a lot of complaints come the end of Nov.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Taorin said:

Lemme do some math here, 45 levels, 200 mojo per level (assuming it stays that way at higher levels) in ~30 days. That means you need 300 mojo per day, with a natural regen of 24 fights per day that's 12.5 mojo per fight, absolute minimum with every kiss used and no losses.

@Antimon's 34 fights for a total of 47 mojo hopefully is just unbelievably bad luck cause you need like 10x that rate.

This is  a really tight window even for a month long event, hopefully I messed up on an assumption somewhere or I expect to see a lot of complaints come the end of Nov.

So I need a perfect record to finish all the rewards, got it. 

I guess this is why we have the test server to figure things out. Imagine if it launched with this kind of nonsense. :D

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Taorin said:

You "only" need to gain 7000 mojo to get the girl(s) since the second set of shards is on tier 35, but yeah, otherwise this is spot on for the current parameters. If the feature goes on the live server like this, the great majority of all players won't be getting there.

Over on Discord we got this comment from the big man today:

image.thumb.png.3dbadc0070a1e6b80f43d9c405e5cd7f.png

I'm sensing some mixed signals here since even "small player pool" definitely doesn't explain why level 300+ players were getting matched with sub-level 50's at the start when everybody was still at 1000 mojo, including lots of other possible opponents between levels 300 and 50. Maybe there's some biasing towards closer-range opponents built in which will only show up on the larger main servers, but I doubt it.

Anyway, putting arena-like level restrictions on Seasons would go some way towards allowing everybody to progress, but even that might not be enough since you still need sufficient numbers of other, similarly strong players to be moving up in parallel with you to retain beatable opponents, and naturally the field is going to be stretched out across the whole mojo range during the month. If you end up being the only level 300 player of a given strength who has made it to 6000 mojo...

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know how to hide pictures under the spoiler, so sorry.

New account. The tutorial sends the player to the arena (seasons).

normal server:

10.thumb.jpg.5e01eca5da631de511b294f2bbc4b48f.jpg12.thumb.jpg.4ae52d9c6039489f63be345cd00439c1.jpg

There are hints. Players of the appropriate strength for us. There is a strip on which the awards are located. There is a hint when you hover over the reward. We defeat the enemy, we see that the scale is full and the reward is close. We defeat the rest. We can go through the adventure, and then return to the arena to defeat opponents and get the first reward.

test server:

No tips. It can be seen that the characteristics of the opponents have been adjusted, but not enough. It's impossible to win. We lose 14 points. Let's go on an adventure. The energy ends, we return to the seasons and are terrified of the opponents.

1.thumb.jpg.4305e0af7d33692185eaa0613841a7ff.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c71d2c53e68af2922c92d9de5b49de5f.jpg3.thumb.jpg.4b09690be33af21f47c0eae29ea8fc25.jpg4.thumb.jpg.fb19b8b377273c7692292ea77cebb4f1.jpg5.jpg.02337f06c2abcf4604189a3a9da099ef.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.b30eef6b3b05c47df12fb62730462bc9.jpg

Someone said that Places of Power will replace arena rewards. Places of Power is not available and there is not even a hint of them. And the player's possible actions are over, only missions remain.

6.jpg.5e817d0c144da93105f8d7d7189591dd.jpg7.jpg.29f31ff275b59f0fc7ac7e59eaf5ec4d.jpg

2 ore fa, Taorin ha scritto:

Well, my account on test server is at lvl 120 and veeeery poorly developed (market stats are completely untouched; not in a club; my team is composed of 5* Juliette, 4 * Jennie and 3* Princess Noemy; all equips are rainbow ones, but several of them are greatly underleveled), and I lost a lot of those 34 fights. Considering the premises of my account and the "small pool of player" of test server, I think that it is kinda nice that I still managed to end the first day with more mojos than those I started. 

If I had to think about loudly how the match making works, I would say: it looks in the range -1000 mojo from you up to +1000 mojo from you.

Because that is the old formula.

The other side is: the old formula took your level into account: +- 15 levels. 

So what ever it is, until now the desired range feels rubbish. With a lvl 361 account I had opponents offered from lvl 122 to 412 at least. (can't memo all)

@Forman: you need to reach world 3 or so for the PoP (Princess Agathe by pop story (https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/15125-new-feature-places-of-power/)

Edited by windia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, windia said:

If I had to think about loudly how the match making works, I would say: it looks in the range -1000 mojo from you up to +1000 mojo from you.

I've bounced my mojo score up and down a lot for testing purposes, and I have yet to see any opponent with a listed mojo reward larger than 21. I assume it's also possible to find 11's, but I haven't managed that; I have seen 12's. That corresponds to a mojo range of about ±100 for Seasons. Maybe it's percentage based and the range gets larger the further one goes beyond 1000, but that would only increase the likelihood of getting mojo reward numbers that are insufficient to actually reach 8000 / 10000 points by the end of the month. In any case, I'm pretty sure it's not ±1000 anymore.

(Although I'm not positive it's ±1000 in the arena for a fresh account either. It's definitely not ±15 levels for them, but rather ±20% if I remember correctly, so a level 5 account's first set of opponent will be between levels 4 and 6 as in @Forman's screenshots above.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I've bounced my mojo score up and down a lot for testing purposes, and I have yet to see any opponent with a listed mojo reward larger than 21. I assume it's also possible to find 11's, but I haven't managed that; I have seen 12's. That corresponds to a mojo range of about ±100 for Seasons. Maybe it's percentage based and the range gets larger the further one goes beyond 1000, but that would only increase the likelihood of getting mojo reward numbers that are insufficient to actually reach 8000 / 10000 points by the end of the month. In any case, I'm pretty sure it's not ±1000 anymore.

(Although I'm not positive it's ±1000 in the arena for a fresh account either. It's definitely not ±15 levels for them, but rather ±20% if I remember correctly, so a level 5 account's first set of opponent will be between levels 4 and 6 as in @Forman's screenshots above.)

mojo had a mechanism to select higher mojo rank player on consecutive victory (something like 10) or lower rank mojo player on consecutive defeat. but not enough mojo and player to see if it still active on the season.

After some doing and many single posts and reading/considering some other feedback, I thought I try a first not to fresh impression.

Maybe it is just lengthy.

What is the "declared" replacement of "Seasons" (in my understanding)?

1. It replaces the arena as daily "duty"/"event"
  2. It replaces the weekly Tower of Fame as weekly "event"
  3. It erases the all-time Tower of Fame

What is/was the features delivered by arena & ToF (in my understanding)?

1. 16 arena fights,
    • giving (after latest update) 1 epic/legendary thing or 3 combativities and some XP (3000+ on lvl 440) and 1x Mythic orb
    • adding getting/losing Mojo, getting maybe xp & affection for girls
  2. opportunity to race agains the entire player base in 9 categories: Mojo, pvp wins, wins vs villains, money spent, experience, getting girls, stat upgrades, giving affection, increasing harem level
    • if you log in only once a week, this are the minimum rewards: 330k Ymen + 160 xp + 72 kobans + 6 things
    • the 3 kobans categories gave the winner 2100 kobans per category won
    • the 6 Ymen categories gave the winner 5.50 million Ymen per category won
    • it was a "delayed visible race" - so unlike daily contests you had to make a good guess about the player base and what they invest
    • lately it was possible to the the opponents standing at midnight, later you saw only your reward (not the result)
  3. seeing progress over time, seeing which level needs roughly how many XP and how other players performe over time
    • at first it was the only option to see if your club member still play
    • then there came the diamong inside the club with the mouseover text "last active ... days/hours..."
    • search for players! I can go there and watch other profiles and harem displays - even the search was extended from name only to "name or ID"

As a "side effect" it could happen that I waited to upgrade/level girls/stats/... for a long time to race the weekly ToF. Trying to gain something more while delaying my harem/stat progress until then.

Things that got changed maybe with regard of the upcoming Seasons (as far as I remember):

• on town screen there was a ranking shown, the latest change was from "highest weekly ranking" to "current league ranking" (with ToF introduction it was all time mojo ranking)
  • introduction of Places of Power - delivering at RNG: shards, 1x Mythic orb, 10x GP orb, champion tickets
    • just in time extended up to three PoPs - with the opportunity to upgrade their output with kobans, just this is "forever"
    • and right now I do not remember a feature where you could pay kobans that was not permanent = removed nowadays - am I wrong?
  • introduction of PoA
    • that introduces the season pass: it lasts only during the event, it give (currently) round about 1.5 times the reward as the free lane
    • and an additional girl - the difference to Event Pachinko? well, it is not a Pachinko to roll dices as main quest.
  • quicker rise of new player regarding XP - not regarding strength as the stat upgrades still cost the same

changes in weekly rewards

• as the weekly ToF is gone, so are 330k Ymen + 160 xp + 72 kobans + 6 things
    • per month = 288 kobans
  • as the arena is gone, so are RNGish up to 7*3 combativities (well, very rare maximum), (at lvl 440) up to 7 times 3000 XP, and up to 7*1 1x Mythic orb
  •  
  • season (from current test server!):
    • rely completely on your activity and luck
    • orbs: some 1x & 10x GP, 1x MP, 1x EpP
    •  energy, gifts, books, booster
    •  Ymen, XP
    •  kobans: tier 12: 120/180 kobans,   tier 24: 180/270 kobans,  tier 34: 240/360 kobans, tier 45(max): 300/450 kobans
      • tier 24 is the equalizer as the free path gives 300 kobans vs. 288 for logging in with weekly ToF
      • as observed & calculated by others:
        • for the complete girl each month that is 20 days nonstop winning with 15 mojo - so in best case you can afford 5 days = 120 tokens to loose
        • every loss costs you 2 hours of free tickets 
        • as you start with 1000, you would need 25 days nonstop winning with 15 mojo gain to achieve tier 45
        • 24 free season fights/day => 360 mojo without any loss
        • tier 45 is 10000 mojo, each tier is 200 mojo, the mojo winning currently is round about 15
    • 1 or 2 girls: in two parts 50 & 50 shards (if reaching tier 35) - unknown: how&when they reappear = what did I gain with 50 shards only)
      • the second girl costs you net  3600 kobans fee - 120-180-180-270-240-360 kobans rewards = 2250 kobans
      • it gets cheaper by 750 kobans = net 1500 kobans if you reach the maximum tier 45 with 10000 mojo
      • it gets more expensive if you get only 50 shards & the girl reappears "next" month because of additional 3600 kobans to unlock the first 50 shards

changes matching in arena/season , game mechanics

• matching:
    • from "+/- 1000 all-time mojo AND +/- 15 all-time level"
    • to unknown - if the "how much mojo do I get/lose" is the same as before, shal came up with possible +/- 100 mojo as new range
    • => that might make it very unlikely to have (lots of) bot players: I just dropped into bot nirvana some weeks ago, so the 16 arena was no longer a pain in the ass during busy days
    • as everybody starts each month with 1000 mojo AND there seems a very broad level range (if there is any at all)
      • a huge mess. 
  • frequency
    • arena:
      • 3 new opponents every 30 minutes - automatically & free
      • 3 new opponens for 24 kobans - nothing of this guarantees a win, just 3 possible fights regarding the match making range
    • season:
      • opponents once found seem to stick very long time, any auto refresh limits have still to be found
      • 1 free token every 60 minutes = 1 free fight, max 10 tokens can be stored
      •  3 new opponents = 1 fight(!) for 12 kobans
    • => so for 24 kobans I got previously 3 fights, now I get 2 refreshes - and not 2 fight tokens  (which cost extra)
    • => now I can do 10 season fights within seconds, arena took with free refills 2 hours

contests and events

• daily contests that had "win one arena fight" - do they switch now to "win one season fight"?
    • all shall fear your skill (in combination with win against a villain)
    • who talked about corruption (in combination with win a league fight & donate Ymen)
      • gets counted as of today (edit add)
    • Who is the best (in combination with gain XP & win a league fight)
  • PoA
    • quite often there is a task "win league/arena fights" - now with a huge delay as 6 fights/hour down to 1 fight/hour
      • you can stack up 10 season tokens, just the PoA numbers are way bigger
      • at least it get counted (edit add)
    • as already observed by others:
      • PoA is usually at the end of the month - the mojo field will be spreaded a bit = you might be stuck in you mojo range for good or worse
  • Legendary Contests: day 1 

Leaderboard changes

• with the leaderboard, I could search for players
  • in best case, someone asks something in the forum and I could guide them because I found them in the ToF and saw his/her stats/equipment ... without tedious asking
  • now I see only top 200 mojo leaders
    • I even do not see myself if I am 200+!
    • there is no pagination like before
    • I can neither search or click on player!

kind of a conclusion

• it is a different game element, so let see how it will "work out" (edit add)
  • It is like a monthlong PoA - just rivaling against "many other players".
    • Planning ahead is very difficult - one loss means you need approximately one win to get back to the level before the loss:
    • e.g 1 win = +16 mojo and 1 loss = -16 mojo (for sake of simplicity)
    • 1 W = +16 mojo
    • (1 L + 1 W +) 1 W = (-16  + 16 +) 16 = +16 mojo
    • (1 L + (1 L + 1 W +) 1 W +) + 1 W = (-16 + (-16 + 16 +)  16 +) 16  = +16 mojo
  • more RNG walks in - is that the overall aim ?
    • for rewards at least - I'm not sure at which point this game turns into Gambling to need a age restriction/warning!
  • more activity required - is that an overall aim?
    • I assume so, because that is the currency - getting internet dude's attention all over ... just Addiction mechanism is to be avoided!
  • more ways to spend kobans again and again outside of Pachinko: there is a free path and a koban path with roughly 1.5 times the rewards
    • Pachinko: spend kobans, get a maybe girl
    • PoA & season: spend kobans, get bunch of rewards - and depending on activity/luck also a girl
    • boss refills: get shards if available, else one reward / league refills: let me fight him = get same things each league / energy refills: get story (or champion ticket) / market: let my buy more stuff 
  • huge mess at least first week in the match making - what are the matchmaking precautions to avoid nonstop-frustration?
    • the lower the player, the bigger the hope & frustration
    • maybe desperate at the end of a month
  • slowing down PoA - in case of nonadjustment - that an accidential side effect or more an aim?
  • forget to see other players or have any useful overview at all  - that an accidential side effect or more an aim?
  • to keep up, you need to stay up to date with stat upgrades an so on - or half the month passes for reaching tier 1... - needs more observation!
  • it looks like with the daily instead of 3-daily contests, and the LC (with some level brackets), the mechanism turns into "all players against all players as often as possible" - and less different ways: instead of 4 times 9 categories there is now 1 time 1 category a month
    • and this "against all others" has direct influence into the obvious progress. Weekly ToF I could ignore any category I liked. 
    • PoA is still a personal event.
    • Is this "all against all for personal progress" a goal? Or just a return to the initial ToF where only a mojo ranking without rewards was available?

What I like

• 10 hours before the stack is full
  • I can take the reward the moment I like during an entire month - just missing the picking is like missing the picking in PoA - gone

what I do not like

Edited by windia
adding example
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

For me the dissapearance of the leaderboard and the possibility to search and check another player profile is a huge step down.

As it is the instant fight without going through the standard "Get ready for sex" battle screen where you can properly check player stats (as the fight selection screen is less user friendly).

Edited by jelom
  • Like 11

The rewards depend on the difference between the mojo.

i9QrDBpBsA.jpg.8210797386c027af2ff3c5be9ad61be1.jpgMy mojo.

bApDa9cvw9.jpg.2b4ca0f1984b885a302ff38eb9a429d9.jpgMy opponents. It is shown that winning will give me 27 mojo. Losing takes 5 mojo from me.w0xyiMv3UB.jpg.8e600e6e829416c51354a9c8da5f7f73.jpg 

I don't know their mojo, but I believe it is higher than mine. It turns out that the more I have a difference with the nearest players, the less I lose mojo and the more I get for the victory. I think the opposite is true for mojo leaders.

Update
One more point. To change the team now you need to go in at least two pages ("Town"> "Season of the Rose"> "Find Opponents"). The arena had a link in the menu. The link will probably be made, but I think it would be more convenient if they also swapped the pages with opponents and information about the season. That is, as with the arena, we would move from "Town" to "Choose an opponent".

example.thumb.png.ac435b226413430466163eebcca19253.png

Edited by Forman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 10/21/2020 at 11:53 AM, Noacc said:

Don't be nervous , it's a good improvement! 😁 

Well, @Noacc, in the last times you looked ready and active to hear player feedback (a thing that was scarce before and deserves two thumbs up) and If I remember correctly you were quite right doing a stating like the above regarding the Places of Power, but (and I am prone to think I am talking on behalf of a good slice of the above posters) this time I am sorry to say "No offense, but this time you messed up: this announcement is wrong". Unless these so called "Seasons" get a huge revamp in comparison of what has been posted above before hitting the live server, I definitely agree with @Taorin about the length of the queue of people complaining about the new feature. And I am prone to bet that the majority will complain that the Arena and the Leaderboards, despite their flaws, were many times better than the Seasons.

• Like 4

I wrote a sheet of text, but the evil computer apparently erased everything, this is a sign, so I will say it briefly.

In this view, the seasons function is not playable. The main problem is the matchmaking system, for low-level players it will become hell. Especially for beginners who have just discovered the arena function and generally have little understanding of what and how it works. To begin with, they need greenhouse battle conditions, and not three level 300 opponents about which they can only kill themselves.

For all other mid-level players, there will be nothing good either - for each level there will be its own mojo ceiling, once in which you simply will not have rivals whom you can defeat. It turns out the same paradox as in the leagues now - you play well, defeat your opponents, and for this the game punishes you by throwing you into the league where you can beat almost no one, and as a result, the next week you should not fight at all so that you would be dropped into the league lower, and then tank instead of victories, which is extremely stupid. Here it will be the same, only in an even more unobvious version, because you do not choose your opponents yourself, but you get randomly and all the time you hope that now I am lucky. That's just "no luck" you have to either wait for your equal rivals to catch up, or merge, which in the case of seasons does not make sense at all because you lose progress.

You know, now on a test I have a level 220 account and when after about 10 updates I still did not find a rival whom I could defeat, my berserk ancestors woke up in me and I wanted to smash the monitor on the head of the one who invented this system. And what will happen if this function is introduced without changes to the main server, I'm just scared to think. Most likely, the gates of Valhala will open and Ragnarok will come.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beb said:

[...]

Also sort a la Places of Power instead of sort by Date Recruted

Do you talk about harem sorting? 

Or the sorting when you need to change your battle team? - That is the same like it was in arena and would be the same order when fighting a boss/league.

Harem sorting already possible that way: image.png.d27c174e601e8843fac4bd68e00faba3.png

Edited by windia

1 hour ago, windia said:

Do you talk about harem sorting? 

Or the sorting when you need to change your battle team? - That is the same like it was in arena and would be the same order when fighting a boss/league.

Harem sorting already possible that way: image.png.d27c174e601e8843fac4bd68e00faba3.png

Yes, I'm talking about harem sorting. If the girls were sorted as in PoP it would minimize the scrolling needed to change team. All the best ones would be on top. The sorting in Harem Page is ok, tho a sort by level would be useful, but it doesn't help much when choosing team. I usually already know which girls I want in my team, the pain is scrolling and finding the girl. And with new feature the need to use right setup vs opponent ie change team can be between every fight.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:14 PM, windia said:

I can take the reward the moment I like during an entire month - just missing the picking is like missing the picking in PoA - gone

I've read everything and my eyes and brain are asking for mercy now XD. So it is totally like a Poa: i can get the rewards when i want and i can unlock the plus rewards (that i understood will be like the poa: a second path adding rewards to the first basically) when i want even the last day of the season, right ?