New feature: THE SEASONS!!!

Mario Kinkoid

Ahem.
1. Is it on the menu? I do not see.

-1.jpg.b8c6de1b4b3ccd449bb00c4056d8701d.jpg
2. Button in the town. She's still huge. Why should we show at what level we are and our mojo? Our mojo does not change by itself only if we fight. And the level, respectively, too. Useless information. However, there is no notification of new kisses.

0.thumb.jpg.86a74570107bc8c5e12ec2f54be8b585.jpg

Why not do this?

1.thumb.jpg.6d0cda2365cefbc00786daa696bf619a.jpg

3. To go to the battle you need to go through the rewards screen each time. Why not swap them?
4. What is this strange display of rewards? Why does the reward lock shading square stick out in the corners? Why doesn't the inner background of the award reach the white border? Why isn't the shading square removed from the top of unlocked rewards? Where are the hover tooltips?

chrome_U6Z1jH8RsO.jpg.aa54a1f1769aa8160354b64dbbd218e9.jpg

5. Shading the background on the page for selecting opponents and changing teams? Why? Subjectively, my eyes hurt because of this when returning to the bright screen of the city.

6. Team change screen. Why do the icons of the selected girls look so strange? Why are there no stars on the icons? Why is the number of girls in the row 4 (as in the harem) and not 6 (as in leagues and villains)?

4.jpg.54fae52ad7855c3af82716515f972f55.jpg

7. Why can't I see a player's profile on the leaderboard? If this is a common activity for all players on the server, why not add a table with the number of people at each level (except 0)?

8. Since matchmaking is based only on mojo, and you can find a difference of 300 levels, why not calculate the reward in mojo not only by the difference in mojo but also by the difference in level? That is, in a situation of approximately equal mojo, a victory by a player of an opponent with a lower level will bring less mojo. And there is more superior in level. Accordingly, for the loss it will be the other way around.

Or you can adjust the characteristics of opponents to the player, balancing the chances of winning for players with a low and high level.

9. Description of ToF.

5.jpg.1c3307a2d0457644999009cb1d3d2450.jpg

10. Screen of selection of opponents.

6.thumb.jpg.ae905d0f651c74ff95043ca7a9511c89.jpg

Isn't it hard to change, for readability.

7.thumb.jpg.55809cd19bdd33961231f00e1c002de2.jpg

Addition.

8.jpg.bc67337e8362603a5889488123885b97.jpg
If this is a design option that is planned to be released on production servers, then this is strange. If not, why are we testing it? It doesn't look complete.
Comparing this, which one do you like best? Just scattered numbers and icons or united by borders?

9.jpg.e8754d871bbbf3945d55f7d9568d4c5c.jpg10.jpg.c9a437cc93af380d05787d2a5a013c91.jpg

And what about the monthly pass versus PoA?

13.jpg.976bfcb998505574acf6583ab9732dfa.jpg12.thumb.jpg.05a3a8bbaa242a8f4080ccc235426dc8.jpg

Weird hanging button, text and two stripes with pictures.

11.thumb.jpg.e2343a16ae7d8ba197feb34c28f4a2e1.jpg

It seems to me that this update is not ready either in terms of design or mechanics.

Edited by Forman
Addition. Fixing wrong numeration.
  • Like 12

It's a good idea but today it's not working at all for me, i prefer the arena 10000 times.
I love the concept, but the 1h wait sucks and without the daily gifts it totally sucks. In the end of the day, it's useless.
You're changing 30m/3 battles for 1 hour / 1 battle... that's bad for missions, path of atracction, legendary contests... Bad change.
And daily gifts are needed. Thanks to that you can reach in shape a competition or event.

So... to the date, I don't see how this could be something positive to the game... Only the grafics are better.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Forman said:

[...]
If this is a design option that is planned to be released on production servers, then this is strange. If not, why are we testing it? It doesn't look complete.
Comparing this, which one do you like best? Just scattered numbers and icons or united by borders?

9.jpg.e8754d871bbbf3945d55f7d9568d4c5c.jpg10.jpg.c9a437cc93af380d05787d2a5a013c91.jpg

[...]

The only positive thing I see here is: the market symbol for Chlorella has a reoccurence! First time ever since I saw it^^

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, windia said:

The only positive thing I see here is: the market symbol for Chlorella has a reoccurence! First time ever since I saw it^^

That would make you blind then, as it's been in the game in the change team screen since before you started playing

image.png

I made an extrapolation from the test server based on the medium amount of player on the test and on the weekly amount of player.

test server ; around 1500

hh server: around 55 000

with the free fight we get we can consider actually to have finish day 7 and starting day 8 (in term of amount of free fight)

so actually to finish the whole lvl of the season a player should at least be on the rank 10.5 it's make actually only 4 player on the test that are able to do so

and 8.2 rank to be able to get the girl mean 40 player that can get the girl on the test.

If thing goes the same way as i suspect on the hh server, it will mean around 144 player that are able to get everything and 1440 player that can get the girl mostly based on the lvl ranking

Edited by Sygfried94
  • Thinking 2

A few bad ideas as an example of bad mechanics. Please don't implement them.
Subtract points in (leagues / champions / villains) on loss.
Reset progress in (leagues / champions / villains) every month.
When fighting a villain, he will have a random level + - 300 from yours.

• Like 2

My biggest gripe is that there is no mechanism, besides spending kobans, to get new opponents. You can't even wait it out... That really stinks and makes it genuinely seem like a way to force people to spend more money that we already do.

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Ozman said:

My biggest gripe is that there is no mechanism, besides spending kobans, to get new opponents. You can't even wait it out... That really stinks and makes it genuinely seem like a way to force people to spend more money that we already do.

You get new opponents by fighting the current ones ... and losing 🤣

Sorry for the joke, I couldn't help it. But yes, it would be nice having a way to renew the opponents, whether by time or by using anything but Kobans, for example Mythic Orbs.

• Like 1

On the French forum they write that it will be possible to unlock additional rewards only for real money. (not kobones) Yes, and it seems that it was in the news too. Well, what can I say ... It was not for nothing that I had a bad feeling that all this would not end well. Unfortunately I was not mistaken.

Several pages have already been written about the new "seasons" mode itself - an inconvenient and uninformative interface plus a completely unplayable balance that essentially duplicates the best drawback of the league system, which was criticized and discussed here a lot - "everything for veterans, nothing for beginners".

Well, now they also added a nail to the coffin lid of "seasons" - for the first time the main game content (and I remind you that one of the two girls can be obtained only on a paid path) can be obtained only for real payment. Before that there was a "soft donation". He improved the comfort of the game, accelerated (sometimes significantly) the receipt of girls into the harem, but he always left a certain chance, albeit a ghostly one, to get what he wanted exclusively through play methods, without direct donation. But now this "era" is over and the "pay to play" era has begun. It is clear that one girl is a drop in the ocean, you can receive dozens of them monthly, if not more, but the fact of the incident is important. And if they decided once, then they will not be shy in the future. "Appetite comes with eating." (And yes, I know about Patreon girls. But for me this is still a different kind of situation - they were never part of the game mechanics and did not appear in the gameplay. And they were not sold, but were a well-deserved reward for support. In short, in my understanding this is very different)

What can I say. I am disappointed. I'm epic fucking disappointed with all this dull shit.

I'll probably go watch the first episode of the new season of The Mandalorian now. At least something good has to happen today.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Lemus said:

On the French forum they write that it will be possible to unlock additional rewards only for real money.

It was announced on the Kinkoid website as well (and on Discord for sure), but there was no corresponding forum announcement in the EN section. As the staff is off on weekends, and this is meant to go live on Monday, here goes:

To discuss that one (this here thread is still about the test server phase), I suggest creating a new thread in General Discussion (please link to the announcement in the OP). Thanks in advance! EDIT: I don't mean you specifically, Lemus. I mean whoever wants to launch that discussion.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Lemus said:

I'll probably go watch the first episode of the new season of The Mandalorian now. At least something good has to happen today.

Oh man that show is bad (as of episode 4), I dont recommend you go for more on that...
Attempts to show some brevity aside, I've been looking into this new feature, and it has only confirmed what I thought before. If this goes live, even in the 1st iteration (which I understand is less shitty but still awful), the game no longer deserves my time 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

So today was our last arena day. Thanks arena for all the orbs, exp and items that you gave us in this years and goodbye, it was the last peice of our "first town" and now that is going away i feel a bit sad. Don't get me wrong i want to try and see the seasons too but still......... T.T

• Like 4

All of the following are just my guesses and assumptions.
I don't know how common the situation with this update is for this game, but it happens in real life. Someone did not do their job, as a result, everyone's mood is spoiled, and you have to deal with the consequences. Yes, people get tired and make mistakes. I would like to believe that this was not deliberately ignoring feedback. I suspect that our feedback on this topic was not seen until the last moment. And only when it was the turn to publish the announcement about the seasons, this topic was read. But before that the update was announced on the website and in the French part of the forum.
Why did I decide that? Well, the announcement was not published in this part of the forum. And then some visual flaws were corrected that I specifically pointed out. In particular, it is a square of blocking awards sticking out in the corners, and displaying the selection of girls on the team change screen. You can see that they are not fixed in the screenshots in the announcement.
True, something else has changed. Not for the better. Displaying your place on the Leaderboard.
I think they do not have many options for further actions.
1 Release everything as at the time of the announcement. And to pretend that this was intended.
2 Release as it stands and make updates testing on live servers.
3 Cancel the release of the update by sending it for recycling.

Perhaps 2020 is affecting the team, or it's fatigue and lack of ideas. Previously introduced game mechanics with places of power, very positive for the players. And, now the replacement of two old mechanics with a new one that is not equivalent in functionality. In general, I note that the developers hardly manage to find good solutions for the pvp component of the game, perhaps this is the fault of the matchmaking system or the combat system itself.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jelom said:

What? No season in live server on November 1st?

I must say that i'm pretty confused too..... i guess more work is needed and we start the next month ? i mean they said is a month to month event.... are we gonna start late ?

• Like 1

As a high level player I thought to give "room" for the lower ones = not waiting to long with the kisses.

I think Forman is right with the option "1 Release everything as at the time of the announcement. And to pretend that this was intended."

And maybe next month it got reworked in some parts. 

The good starting point for tutorial was, that it got fixed to a lvl2 bot.

Which are urgent? 

The matchmaking does not look any close to "on live server it will be more precise because of so many players" (KK, somewhere here was a screenshot from Discord)

[...] (EDIT: for space reasons: copied to General Discussion) [...]

of course I do not mind any eays win. And these were "only 10 attempts". A lvl70 and a lvl28 as the lowest opponents were definitly beyond my expectations.

It just fits into my prejudice of "With resetting the mojo each month AND using mojo as the only selector over the entire player base in a never self refreshing season as the only one selector - what good does it do to the low level players?"

Edited by windia
  • Like 1