New feature: THE SEASONS!!!

Mario Kinkoid

Im questioning this mojo mechanic since some time now. How is this matchmaking suppose to work if you only lose/win mojo as an active combatant but that doesn´t change while being offline and attacked by others?

Are you gonna demote? For example, falling from 1200 downways, Tier 1 being Tier 0 again? This would´ve been a more usefull info than how to click on the colored button fighting my 1st opponent in the tutorial.

What is the exactly reason why everyone has to start with 1000 mojo instead going from 0, even the inactive people?

the match up sucks. i am 329 level and get match with 400 level. just a way to spend koban and nothing good comes out of it. at least arena you had the choice of 3 and mostly even, now you have to reset costing koban and still get high level. that season thing sucks

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pechvogel said:

[...]Are you gonna demote? For example, falling from 1200 downways, Tier 1 being Tier 0 again?[...]

As far as I have observed you keep your tier because your once gained tier is bound to a reward. 

So while you can lose mojo after reaching the tier, you still keep that tier to claim your reward. 

• Thanks 1

So far my experience with the Seasons: 
Imbalanced opponent draft,
a serious nerf to XP, number of fights, Myth Orb gains
Locking a competitive advantage behind a paywall is a big NO! 
Addition of a new PoA heavy mechanics NO TY!
I'm sure i can find a better place to spend my monthly card fee... 

• Like 8

SEASONS is just awful.

Complete garbage how it currently is. 

It COULD be better with several changes:

1. Lose the broken MOJO opponent matching, this was just a bad idea in general, replace with a level matching system;

---reason-- : everyone is consistantly being matched against people well outside of their level, attack power, defense, ego, and harmony giving no chance of victory.

2. Refresh opponents every 30 minutes instead of this greedy pay to refresh;

---reason-- : we are forced to lose or pay to see another set of unmatched opponents, whereas before if we could not win against an opponent you could just wait awhile.

3. Increase the frequency of new attack chances;

---reason-- : prevously we could attack 3 times in 30 minutes averaging 1 attack per 10 minutes, now we get 1 every 60 minutes, or 1/6th the previous attempts given per day.

4. Allow koban purchase of season pass.

---reason-- : stop trying to turn the game into a pay-to-play game, they are just scummy, instead allow people to purchase with in-game currency, Kobans,

(I am pretty sure there are actually regulatory statutes for in-game transactions like this, I will have to look it up further).

5. Make the prizes better;

---reason-- : with ARENA we had the ability to win 3 gifts per day easily, one of them being an orb, the new system with its broken matching system makes  it difficult to even get  

a single item a day.

Also, ARENA was SO MUCH BETTER than this. If you want to keep SEASONS then replace TOWER OF FAME with it.

• Like 10
  • Thinking 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, stalker696 said:

(Look at me, ma! I got the Internetz.)

Friendly warning: Don't pollute non-joke threads with huge wastes of space like quoting the giant post right above yours, posting dank memes in image or, even worse, video form. Or, you know, all three, without contributing at all to the discussion (as you did here).

14 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Friendly warning: Don't pollute non-joke threads with huge wastes of space like quoting the giant post right above yours, posting dank memes in image or, even worse, video form. Or, you know, all three, without contributing at all to the discussion (as you did here).

Okay, I understand. Sorry for using the big quote, I should have used the @username instead. My post was just support for the thoughts that John_Doe_JD had outlined. I portrayed this as a emotion quote from one character (video was in the spoilers purely to clarify where the phrase came from).

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2020 at 6:03 AM, John_Doe_JD said:

SEASONS is just awful.

Complete garbage how it currently is. 

I strongly disagree with most of your assessment and suggestions here. But your post is clear and constructive, and I'm glad different opinions are being voiced properly on this topic.

The one big point I'm 100% in agreement with you upon is this one though:

On 11/4/2020 at 6:03 AM, John_Doe_JD said:

Allow koban purchase of season pass.

---reason-- : stop trying to turn the game into a pay-to-play game, they are just scummy, instead allow people to purchase with in-game currency, Kobans,

This is a real problem and it's sad to see this awesome game taking this Blizzard-ish direction while at the same time they're making tons of improvements and cool additions in many other areas. And I'm fairly sure it's counterproductive at least in the long run. Paying for regular content because of a paywall in front of it, especially when there are other real-money offers in the same price range that give more value, feels bad even if you can afford it. As a player, it's a much more positive feeling to make a purchase because you chose to, for entirely optional extra content you like, and to support the devs and show your appreciation for the game.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I strongly disagree with most of your assessment and suggestions here. But your post is clear and constructive, and I'm glad different opinions are being voiced properly on this topic.

The one big point I'm 100% in agreement with you upon is this one though:

This is a real problem and it's sad to see this awesome game taking this Blizzard-ish direction while at the same time they're making tons of improvements and cool additions in many other areas. And I'm fairly sure it's counterproductive at least in the long run. Paying for regular content because of a paywall in front of it, especially when there are other real-money offers in the same price range that give more value, feels bad even if you can afford it. As a player, it's a much more positive feeling to make a purchase because you chose to, for entirely optional extra content you like, and to support the devs and show your appreciation for the game.

It seems to me that his 2nd point is also important. It was in arena. And this is sorely lacking in SEASONS. It is not necessary to make a timer for 30 minutes, can make a timer for 1 hour. But it is very much needed as an alternative to the option "pay 12 cobans for a pig in a poke".

The 3rd point is also interesting, because arena was very helpful in completing missions in the PoA event, and also gave a variety of passing methods (for example, I could use only arena to complete mission or only league, or moderately combine both options)

So, if someone is interested in knowing the answers to questions such as:
1 Is it possible to reach 0 mojo?
2 What happens if you lose the fight in this position?
3 What kind of fool would do this?

I can give clear proven answers.
1 Yes it is possible.
2 Although at the end of the battle it will be shown that you have lost a mojo, however, you will not be able to drop below zero.
3 It seems to be me.

Yes, it was a long journey in three weeks with some breaks. Level 12 has been reached! About 400 fights were lost (and a few were won by accident). At the end, I would like to thank my team (Bunny, Juliette and Ankyo) who did an excellent job. Thanks everyone!!!

2.thumb.jpg.7fb394eaa3d0b8514bae7af3a3398718.jpg3.thumb.jpg.b5f92ebef020d93b991366a022e58620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6