new season feature

windia

as it is only on test server for the next 4 days - and already announced - I thought I start a thread over here.

Even if I know it will soon be covered in general discussion^^

image.png.32866eeb06729afed2973e1c20ad538d.png

image.thumb.png.788872f12ee72674f095c1eee8dfc691.png

(and some rewards No 14 to No 34)

image.thumb.png.b5be5cceaf1297dc41b0a14c7cdd5f0e.png

Fighting itself:

- find an opponent

image.thumb.png.b37aa1732256cc7074ba97e6f8ad102a.png

Doing 1 fight:

image.png.c58ca2009e6f1f3db31b65134966c3d4.png

and the Leaderboard:

image.thumb.png.aa9c96bbadf4a73f9b0260202556bafc.png

Edited by windia
  • Thanks 2

I would really really change the lining in the opponent selection screen:

- e.g. lower the "change team" area - putting it above the stats might be somewhat confusing as the team has its icons below the stats and the button refers to it

- e.g. lower the "refill bar"

- use same size for stats mine and the others

image.thumb.png.a9f7cdfba5775a5a1fe05f5c1a8aefb7.png

• the good thing is, that the relevant defense value is shown
  • the open question is: 
    • is the fighting formula itself changing? because there is no "excitement" visible and "perform" directly starts the fight.
    • there is no judge anymore - only for season thing or in general?
    • how does the matchmaking work? based on mojo of the current = monthly leaderboard?
      • level restrictions anyone? with lvl 361 I got offered a lvl 301 - yeah, test server is scarce of users, just...?
Edited by windia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One kiss = fighting point seems to cost 21 or 22 kobans., one free every hour.

The reward looks like "tier 1 passed" = "collect reward"

Which would make 45 tiers as current maximum per month.

Edited by windia

48 minutes ago, windia said:
  • [...]
  • the open question is: 
    • [...]
    • there is no judge anymore - only for season thing or in general?
    • [...]

the judge is shown during fight. 

So right now I would need to go to a villian (or maybe league) to see the current judge.

1 ora fa, windia ha scritto:

the judge is shown during fight. 

So right now I would need to go to a villian (or maybe league) to see the current judge.

I think they are just readjusting things for this feature.

At first it asked league's combativity points to fight (I mean, I did my 15 league fights and then opened the season menu, and when I tried to fight there using a kiss it told me that I had 0 condoms, and that I needed to wait or pay a league refill).

Also, I don't know if it is the default set (looking at the second image you posted, it seems so), but I started at 1000 mojo, and out of the 10 fights that were proposed to me, 8 were all against people with much higher level and strength than my tiny test account that I could not have beaten in any way (resulting in me losing ~60 mojo points). If the matchmaking is mojo based, I think that low and mid-low level players could benefit from avoiding the feature during the first days.

Finally, I don't know if the amount of mojo requested for each tier/reward is the same. If so 1200 mojo x 45 rewards are 54000 total mojos. Given how the mojo poins gain/loss worked, at first sight it seems to me quite the feat to achieve in a month. 

Finally part 2 (for real, this time), with arena we had 3 new possible fights evry 30 min, with seasons, after the first 10, we have a new possible fight every hour. I'm afraid this could heavily interfere with the completion of PoAs without claiming combativity points reward (it is also true that some of the season rewards are in CPs, but we can only wait and see how this two features interacts with each other and with the "budget strategy" to save CPs for 9 days main events, I guess).

Overall, I am very interested and I'd dare to say happy and impatient to test it better, but at the same time I'm a little (very, tbh) afraid of the questionable consequences it could potentially have 

Edited by Antimon
Corrected the "total mojo request if each rewards needs 1200 mojo to be unlocked"
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Antimon said:

I think they are just readjusting things for this feature.

At first it asked league's combativity points to fight (I mean, I did my 15 league fights and then opened the season menu, and when I tried to fight there using a kiss it told me that I had 0 condoms, and that I needed to wait or pay a league refill).

Also, I don't know if it is the default set (looking at the second image you posted, it seems so), but I started at 1000 mojo, and out of the 10 fights that were proposed to me, 8 were all against people with much higher level and strength than my tiny test account that I could not have beaten in any way (resulting in me losing ~60 mojo points). If the matchmaking is mojo based, I think that low and mid-low level players could benefit from avoiding the feature during the first days.

Finally, I don't know if the amount of mojo requested for each tier/reward is the same. If so 1200 mojo x 34 rewards are 40800 total mojos. Given how the mojo poins gain/loss worked, at first sight it seems to me quite the feat to achieve in a month. 

Finally part 2 (for real, this time), with arena we had 3 new possible fights evry 30 min, with seasons, after the first 10, we have a new possible fight every hour. I'm afraid this could heavily interfere with the completion of PoAs without claiming combativity points reward (it is also true that some of the season rewards are in CPs, but we can only wait and see how this two features interacts with each other and with the "budget strategy" to save CPs for 9 days main events, I guess).

Overall, I am very interested and I'd dare to say happy and impatient to test it better, but at the same time I'm a little (very, tbh) afraid of the questionable consequences it could potentially have 

omg, 

• thanks for going league first - that is a heavy bug that you need league tokens!
    • that said: it should be totally independent from league

I guess at Tier 0 you might always start with 1000 Mojo to avoid going below zero to fast.

• just anything afterwards might be "start with what you got on last Tier"

And yes,

• there is PoA adjustment which will hit the bug report on live server next month 😉
  • and some complains as you said: up 6 fights&wins/hour vs. max 1 fight&win/hour.
  • maybe this is part of "delay the quick PoA players a bit or kobanize them"

A very good eye for the consequences.

It reminds me of the contest adjustment in the middle of a PoA where it suddenly became very hard to gain 10.000 points... (not to talk about the screwed daily contest itself...)

additionally rise in price:

•  now you pay 24 kobans to get three arena opponents & you can fight them all - which vanish in 30 minutes anyway
  • with the season you pay 12 kobans to get three new opponents &  you can fight only one - and they will vanish maybe never or if you invest the loss
Edited by windia

20 minuti fa, windia ha scritto:

omg, 

• thanks for going league first - that is a heavy bug that you need league tokens!
    • that said: it should be totally independent from league

I guess at Tier 0 you might always start with 1000 Mojo to avoid going below zero to fast.

• just anything afterwards might be "start with what you got on last Tier"

And yes,

• there is PoA adjustment which will hit the bug report on live server next month 😉
  • and some complains as you said: up 6 fights&wins/hour vs. max 1 fight&win/hour.
  • maybe this is part of "delay the quick PoA players a bit or kobanize them"

Are some of these info from discord, or are they from some part of this forum I cannot find? 😂😅 or are they your comments and not "dev words?

22 minuti fa, windia ha scritto:

Additionally rise in price:

•  now you pay 24 kobans to get three arena opponents & you can fight them all - which vanish in 30 minutes anyway
  • with the season you pay 12 kobans to get three new opponents &  you can fight only one - and they will vanish maybe never or if you invest the loss

Oh you're right, I completely missed that, but that's a pretty big change, too.

59 minutes ago, Antimon said:

Are some of these info from discord, or are they from some part of this forum I cannot find? 😂😅 or are they your comments and not "dev words?

Oh you're right, I completely missed that, but that's a pretty big change, too.

pure speculation by myself. 

All I know about Seasons is from announcement and try&error

The observation is simply: the huge rework (introduction of league, rebalancing daily contests, switch of reset times) shed always a hard lighting spot onto a missed link.

E.g. most current one: new PoP released with a second tutorial - you got lost when you opened the new PoP page while you could only claim the reward, not visit the place. And it seemed blocked by the sheer "there is no visit possible" - because only a reward waited. (did not follow the report for solution) 

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

The leaderboard is "unpaged" - that sounds unkind.

I would expect to see me at least. 

(currently I'm ranked 167, so I'm not sure if it just loads the full hundred I'm in)

image.thumb.png.3a9cd9d2f3ccc416d25b47fbcaeb7d6f.png

Once you managed a tier, you obviously can loose mojo and just stay in the tier:

image.png.fdb75f8fe06d26008def4560b8b72ed6.png

which rises the question of "If I'm alone in my tier, what bots do I get?"

As the leaderboard cannot be ordered and I see only 200 places, there is only assumption that the shown tier 5 is alone there

7 hours ago, Antimon said:

If the matchmaking is mojo based, I think that low and mid-low level players could benefit from avoiding the feature during the first days.

That depends on how the game handles players who don't participate in the feature. It does seem to exclude completely inactive people (unlike the arena, where you can meet players who disappeared years ago), but if a ton of casual players don't do anything and their score just idles at 1000...

7 hours ago, Antimon said:

Finally, I don't know if the amount of mojo requested for each tier/reward is the same. If so 1200 mojo x 45 rewards are 54000 total mojos. Given how the mojo poins gain/loss worked, at first sight it seems to me quite the feat to achieve in a month. 

I'm pretty sure it's +200 mojo for each reward tier, so #45 should be reached at 10,000 mojo, the second half of the girls shards at #35 for 8,000. I think the great majority of players won't get there if things aren't seriously rebalanced before release. After all, you can only progress as long as the game always spits out at least one beatable opponent among your selection of 3. And you only get ~11,520 mojo points to gain for free (720 battles in a month x ~16 mojo on average for a win), so you don't have much room for losses given that each loss essentially costs you two battles; the loss itself and the subsequent win just to get back to your old mojo total.

And yeah, I've been paired with at least one level 5 opponent on my (very weak...) level 277 test account, so as it stands it seems to be done strictly on mojo.

• Like 5

4 ore fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

That depends on how the game handles players who don't participate in the feature. It does seem to exclude completely inactive people (unlike the arena, where you can meet players who disappeared years ago), but if a ton of casual players don't do anything and their score just idles at 1000...

I'm pretty sure it's +200 mojo for each reward tier, so #45 should be reached at 10,000 mojo, the second half of the girls shards at #35 for 8,000. I think the great majority of players won't get there if things aren't seriously rebalanced before release. After all, you can only progress as long as the game always spits out at least one beatable opponent among your selection of 3. And you only get ~11,520 mojo points to gain for free (720 battles in a month x ~16 mojo on average for a win), so you don't have much room for losses given that each loss essentially costs you two battles; the loss itself and the subsequent win just to get back to your old mojo total.

And yeah, I've been paired with at least one level 5 opponent on my (very weak...) level 277 test account, so as it stands it seems to be done strictly on mojo.

Those are both good points

I really like the new Season feature, but I wish the data shown was more like it was for the Arena battles, for example:

- The CHOOSE AN OPPONENT page does not show the teams' Ego levels

- The CHANGE TEAM page does not show the Affection levels of the girls 

- I also wish the Seasons tag in Town would show a little blue dot with the "!" to let you know when you have a Kiss to use

Edited by Itsme
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So... do we know if this new feature will launch today, November1st or if it will launch Wednesday with the regular update?

*Edit*

Nevermind, the new evernt is on and there Arena is still here.

Edited by Eman
Solved

1 hour ago, Eman said:

So... do we know if this new feature will launch today, November1st or if it will launch Wednesday with the regular update?

The video from the announcement states that the season will begin on November 2 and end on December 1.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, windia said:

The leaderboard is "unpaged" - that sounds unkind.

I would expect to see me at least. 

(currently I'm ranked 167, so I'm not sure if it just loads the full hundred I'm in)

image.thumb.png.3a9cd9d2f3ccc416d25b47fbcaeb7d6f.png

as it is on live now, I managed to find it not fully helpful:

• as long as I'm Top200, I'm somewhere in the visible Top200 list - and I have to scroll through it to find me
  • when I fall below that line, I'm listed with my values.

image.thumb.png.0202fd4b8a03c5f1c6f9ab60e84ba693.png

image.thumb.png.18bf567c5225241bbfaa73046630b02a.png

right now as there is no way to click on a player in the Top200, I do not bother.

It would be nice to have my name always listed below the Top200.