Carnal Knights (game club)

Pelinor

When the Carnal Knights game club was first created, my idea was to have open membership until the club had 20 members. I did not foresee the initial growth we have experienced. Now that we have gone through three cycles of membership growth and trimming, I have decided to keep the membership open until Carnal Knights has 30 stable members.

My feeling is a new club member should be somewhere between level 155 and 175 due to changes in the game. My temptation is to grandfather players below level 175 and set the new entry point to the club at player level 175. What do you guys think?

My vote's for lower, rather than higher level limits.  I would rather that we get enthusiastic newbies who end up sticking with the game in part because of vibrant club chat.  And I'd rather that WE get them than that they languish in a sleepy club and fade off, as I nearly did.

I do understand that this can create a "churning the bottom" effect since higher-level players tend to be more committed/invested in the game, but I think that you manage membership quite ethically and fairly.  Unless there's something I'm not seeing, I'm not aware of any penalties or opportunity costs for recruiting lower levels.  I can easily kick in an average of 60 kobans/day just from daily activity and still grow my stash, and that's way above any minimum requirement you've set.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...