​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2023 ​📜​

Noacc

This is over a small sample size I realise, but I thought some others may find it interesting.

I ran through the figures on the two Mythics I've picked up so far and here are the results I'm getting (on Nutaku, so x6 Koban cost for HH, and using single fights rather than 50x):

Original cost 4798
Total Fights 2912
Fights/Shard 14.56
Fight Reduction/SP 160
Koban saving/SP 288
Net Saving/SP (-cost) 198
Total Saving (4xAM/Mythic) 1584
% Saving 33%
Previous cost/Mythic 2399
Current cost/Mythic 1607

Rough estimation - if the above holds true it's in the ball park of f2p players being able to afford to pick up a Mythic/month. Doing so would be tight in Affection terms, leaving you not a great deal of room to upgrade other girls, but is possible. That booster is a HUGE positive in terms of levelling the playing field. And my previous belly aching about how tight the Koban margins were for f2p players is somewhat moot.

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

Rough estimation - if the above holds true it's in the ball park of f2p players being able to afford to pick up a Mythic/month. Doing so would be tight in Affection terms, leaving you not a great deal of room to upgrade other girls, but is possible. That booster is a HUGE positive in terms of levelling the playing field. And my previous belly aching about how tight the Koban margins were for f2p players is somewhat moot.

The numbers look off to me. I am assuming that you wanted to show the cost saving to get a mythic girl using the mythic Sandalwood Perfume. Or am I confused about you post? If it takes 2912 fights for 2 girls, wouldn't it cost 5242 nubans (2912 fights / 20 fights/refill * 36 nubans /refill). I can't figure out how you included the booster cost.

Your estimate looks close but I look it in another way

2912 fights / 2 girls = 1456 fights/girl.

1456 fight/girl / 20 fight/refill x 36 nubans /refill = 2621 nubans /girl

2621 / 100 shards = 26.21 nubans /shard

using 4 SP boosters, we need 56 shards from normal play and 44 shards from boosters

4 SP costs 4 x 90 = 360 nubans

Total cost for one mythic girl using 4x SP = 26.21 nubans /shard x 56 shards + 360 nubans = 1828 nubans

cost saving = 100% - 1828 / 2621 x 100% = 30%

With the saving, I don't see that f2p players can afford a mythic girl every month, not unless they are in top 15 ranks in D3. They will certainly have to give up PoA and other events to do so.

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Methos2 said:

The numbers look off to me. I am assuming that you wanted to show the cost saving to get a mythic girl using the mythic Sandalwood Perfume. Or am I confused about you post? If it takes 2912 fights for 2 girls, wouldn't it cost 5242 nubans (2912 fights / 20 fights/refill * 36 nubans /refill). I can't figure out how you included the booster cost.

Your estimate looks close but I look it in another way

2912 fights / 2 girls = 1456 fights/girl.

1456 fight/girl / 20 fight/refill x 36 nubans /refill = 2621 nubans /girl

2621 / 100 shards = 26.21 nubans /shard

using 4 SP boosters, we need 56 shards from normal play and 44 shards from boosters

4 SP costs 4 x 90 = 360 nubans

Total cost for one mythic girl using 4x SP = 26.21 nubans /shard x 56 shards + 360 nubans = 1828 nubans

cost saving = 100% - 1828 / 2621 x 100% = 30%

With the saving, I don't see that f2p players can afford a mythic girl every month, not unless they are in top 15 ranks in D3. They will certainly have to give up PoA and other events to do so.

To quickly answer this:

- Yes looking at the savings from the SP booster. (the AM that was there was a 'too early to be thinking error')

- These are from my actual results rather than looking at theoretical averages from elsewhere. So the originial Kosts (hehe) in Kobans are the ACTUAL costs (starting balance - finishing balance) rather than buying every single fight. So these will have factored in natural regen and likely leftover Combativity from the previous month. Perhaps even some of the Seasons Combativity from the current month.

- The Kost of Combativitity is counted per fight rather than per refill (36/20 = 1.8 Kobans).

- The Kost of the SP booster is accounted for in the 'Net Saving' line. If each shard requires 14.56 fights, reducing the number of shards needed by 11 reduces the fights needed by 11x14.56 = ~160/SP. If each fight Kosts 1.8 Koban, this means that you save 160x1.8 = 288 Koban/SP used. However this fails to account for the 90 Koban spent buying the SP booster. So, reduce the saving by 90 Koban, giving a Net Saving of 198 Koban/SP booster used.

- So the total saving for 4xSP boosters is 198x4 = 792 Koban. This reduces the price of a Mythic over the 2 events from 2399 Koban/Mythic to 2399 - 792 = 1607 Koban.

- Covering that as a f2p player is very achivable imo. Assuming a 30 day month the Koban income is approximately as follows:

25/day completing contests = 750 Koban
Seaons = 70 Koban
Leagues (16-30 finish S3) = 308 Koban
Daily Calendar = 25 Koban
PoP = 150 Koban (estimating a payout of 5 Koban/day)
Total = 1303

That leaves a deficit of 304 Koban that you need to make up from Daily Contests and the standard monthly Mission events that provide extra Koban (I know this is a fixed amount that could have been accounted for above, but I haven't looked to see what it is). That's only ~a top 4 finish 2-3 days. As a f2p I manage significantly more than that.

If you move up to D1 leagues instead of S3 there is no deficit, so even counting the increased price you came to you would be able to cover it with the Missions or Daily Contests. It is fair to acknowledge that if you're lower than S3 it's going to be tougher, but the lower leagues are quick and easy to move up through and it's arguable whether you really NEED Mythics even in D1. But even saying you get nothing from leagues, that still leaves you with more than enough to cover a Mythic every 2nd month with a bundle of extra Kobans to spare for upgrading PoP (to date I looked to pick-up one every 3rd month, in line with when KH Mythics were being released).

Though some of the savings would be off set as you would get less Mythic Pachinko orbs, Champions tickets and Dating tokens.

Hope the above makes sense to you.

Edited by JustVisiting

To update the above for DvDiv's 5SP strategy, the additional 5th booster, which you only gain 6 shards from, would save:

14.56x6 = ~88 fewer fights

88x1.8 = ~159 fewer Koban

159-90 = 69 additional Koban saved

And you'd have 5 extra shards left over. And you'd have to do half as many fights overall.

Edited by JustVisiting

On 11/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, Noacc said:

New Temporary Places of Power

• New Temporary Places of Power will appear with the next rotation

icon10.jpg

• Raids: Ancient Legends (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with epic Book or Ymen

icon16.jpg

• Faster, Harder, Repeat (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with legendary Booster or Ymen

icon22.jpg

• Modern Times (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with epic Gift or Ymen

Bad: The chance of Epic Orbs is reduced. Books and gifts are not a Mystic and not even Legendary, if there is only 1 thing, it will not fix the lack of gifts.
Good: Well... we have slightly reduced the shortage of gifts.

• Like 6

Ah, the rubber band finally hits. Last month we had the chance to earn four 10 games / draft Orbs for the Epic Pachinko, two weeks later they permanently reduce the chance to earn Epic Orbs in the future. Can't say I haven't seen that one coming...

I guess my recently cleared Pachinko stash will fill up again soon. No chance for me (as a gold card guy) to keep up with this. I've already struggled with the introduction of other recent changes. :)

Is Hentai Heroes finally jumping the shark or is there still hope?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Yeah, those gifts and books in the new temp PoPs really should have been Mythics (Kinkoid did claim these items would be obtainable through other in-game means than buying them for kobans when they were released, and that has yet to happen). But at a bare minimum, they should be of Legendary rarity (as the post-girl CC reward is, which is still frustrating and nowhere near rewarding enough).

A chance at one Epic book or gift in exchange for an entire PoP slot and 7 hours is a joke. As is, they're only very slightly above the two that give tickets or cash. That is to say, they dilute the pool even further, and the EPx1s and kobans will be seen even less.

• Like 13
  • Thinking 1

BaH.gif.4de6ce839bd9ec8962244749de222a69.gif

Epic book or gift or legendary booster? Seriously? It's just some kind of apophiosis of stinginess, that I have only facepalm from this.
People who do this either do not understand the processes occurring in the game at all, or they are specifically trolling the community with something like "let us spit in their faces and laugh how their ass will catch fire".
Sorry, but this is just a shame. And also stupidity, greed, irresponsibility and incompetence.

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1

I like these as a add-on to the rest of the temporary PoPs. We can always use XP and Aff items and while this is a bare trickle to what I would like to see, they are free items for the active player. 

So two of the three work okay. The temp PoP giving legendary boosters might save a few kobans for players under level 420 so no complaints (beyond the desire to see Mythic items in something besides the market place).

• Thinking 1

Another disappointing patch day. Like mentioned before the new stuff in PoP is (nearly) useless. Why epic gifts/books? I need a lot of them but the impact of one book every 7 hours is equal to zero. Legendary Boosters? I have more than I can use. More YMen....nothing to say. So this new places reduce the chance in getting the useful one.

Kinkoid, please spend more time in understanding the economy in your own game. Why are there no surveys? There were a lot of changes in the last months to discuss with your community. I get the impression that you think you know what is good for your game and don't ask the playes for feedback or this feedback doesn't matter you.

Edited by MrXY
  • Like 8

Tbh, while I don't consider this a good change, I don't think it's anywhere near as significant as the short lived reduction of the drop rate on the MyP or GPx10 in the Perm PoP was last week, nor do I feel the change is as significant as the Mythic Boosters could be.

Legendary boosters are next to worthless for anyone with the Perm PoP maxed, but they do save Kobans for lower level players. And I accept that it's not possible to create single features that pleases every player at every stage of the game.

With Epic Books/Gifts, the difference in generation rates is so inconsequential as to be non-relevant.

Overall I'd say that for many players these Temp PoP are barely worth switching on. I wouldn't bother if I wasn't already going to be in that screen.

So while I'd say this week is a loss for players, given the reduced occurence of the EpP and Koban Temp PoP's, across the two weeks imo most players are coming out ahead.

Edited by JustVisiting

Patch Notes Week #37

• New Temporary Places of Power will appear with the next rotation
  • Raids: Ancient Legends (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with epic Book or Ymen
  • Faster, Harder, Repeat (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with legendary Booster or Ymen
  • Modern Times (HC, CH, KH)
    • Rewarding with epic Gift or Ymen

Until now there were 4 types of TPoP, now there will be 7 so, it means the possibility of getting one or more  of the good type (Erogenous Brains -EPx1 Orbs, Bouncing buns - Kobans) has decreased from 6 in 12 to 6 in 21. The reduction is a 43%. You will get a 57% of the orbs and kobans you used to get. Is bad, but not so extreme as the above comments suggest.

If only the Books or Gifts were legendary, or had a variance similar as in the market with the occasional mythic, then the change would have been for the good.

These three types of TPoP were planned from the start, but they weren't activated until now, so looking in the positive side we have had many months to get more kobans and orbs.

And I am sure Kinkoid will adjust these TPoP later.

Mythic Pachinko

• Mythic Pachinko pool has been updated

More girls to get for free 👍

Adventure

• New Common Side Quest release: “A Cocktail For Succikute”: In order to bait an elusive Sprimon, Darla needs the hero tо help her mix a special cocktail...Check out the latest side quest!

A bit of content 👍

Edited by jelom
  • Like 5

It´s still a pretty extreme reduction imo @jelom .. I feel like there should be a somewhat guaranteed way of getting Epic orbs without possibly going weeks without them. If KK wants to add more tempPoP .. that´s fine but maybe consider implementing 1x EpP orbs in the perma PoP for one of the other rewards we already get from those or as an additional reward (obviously not as common as the other rewards).

I mean 6 out of 21 isn´t a lot especially when we have 6 ticket PoP´s (yeah one´s "main" reward is yemen but common, that effectively also just a ticket PoP 🙄) ..the Koban PoP´s are good and all but I feel like they´re not too op ( at least for my drop rates)

It´s maybe not that bad for us who can afford all the girls but for the vast majority of the players that change is a pretty significant change (especially if the replacement isn´t anywhere near as good)...I do understand why people are unhappy with that change..that being said I hope (and think) that KK will reevaluate that change and possibly adjust the PoP´s.

(Who knows maybe we´ll get some new feature´s or a change in the league rewards(or season) that will offset those reductions :P .. to be fair KK already mentioned in the past Q&A´s that there´s still a lot to come so let´s just see what they´ll give us)

• Like 9

I don't get them. You implement PoP with mythic books and affection items and announce them that way, and then give them a 10% or 5% odds, and you won't get the same complains. You could even announce a return of the previous EPx1 odds in its own PoP since it's more diluted now and would be applauded.

KK, you've been at this for some time now, you should know better.

• Like 13

PoPs in general have a big random factor for each outcome. That's frustrating at times, but Temp PoPs in particular have it way worse than Permanent PoPs in that regard, because they have only TWO possible outcomes, and at least one of them is basically equal to nothing (whereas permanent PoPs only have 1 out of 4). So even the "good" Temp PoPs are only potentially good, because their outcome is "all or nothing" as opposed to "something great, something good, something decent, or nothing".

And it would be the case even if the odds were equally distributed, which they are definitely NOT, as we know for sure at the very least for the EPx1 PoP (because Kinkoid has officially confirmed it in past patch notes along with an announcement that such uneven distribution had been skewed even more in favor of the "nothing" than it was before that announcement).

So even when you have the "good" temp PoPs, the expected result for each 7-hour mission on it during the week you have it is a "YOU LOSE" sign most of the time, and the occasional EPx1 orb thrown in.

I feel that adding what's arguably a third layer of RNG to that feature was a terrible idea to begin with. That is, the fact that on top of even the "good" temp PoPs not actually rewarding you most of the time, you also need to get "lucky" once a week when whatever pseudo-random selection determines how many "good" temp PoPs you'll have at your disposal for the next 7 days.

With today's change, this already very unnecessary and frustrating extra layer of RNG has been made much thicker than before. I feel the exact opposite was actually needed.

To clarify, my argument is NOT about how much free stuff we get overall, it's about how good or bad it feels when we claim our "Reward". I'd much rather have only one actual reward to claim every 28 hours, than having to claim a fake "reward" every 7 hours, which is a sheer disappointment 3 times and an actual reward once. Would I rather have an actual reward every 7 hours? Sure, and every 7 minutes if that was on the table. But not having that isn't what feels bad with those options. It's being set up for disappointment every 7 hours by default, and having the actual reward come as a "surprise" every now and then. That doesn't make up for it imho.

To be as clear as possible:

1. I would rather get a random number of temp PoPs between 0 and 6 for the rest of the week than getting 6 of them no matter what, with a random number between 0 and 6 not being garbage.

2. I would rather get one guaranteed EPx1 orbs drop a day (or even every other day) when I do have an "EPx1 PoP" for the week than getting 3 drum rolls a day with 75-80% of them followed by garbage.

So, it's not about doing maths, getting more rewards or less rewards. It's about rewards being worth the name and either less frequent, less diluted, or diluted by smaller but still real rewards rather than actual garbage. Champion tickets and Ymens are garbage rewards for most players past the mid-game. Please rework the distribution and pace of the feature accordingly. ESPECIALLY if you're going to dilute and randomize the whole thing even more.

Thanks for your time.

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

To clarify, my argument is NOT about how much free stuff we get overall, it's about how good or bad it feels when we claim our "Reward".

Feelings are subjective, my friend, don't let the trees keep you from seeing the forest.

Hard cold numbers are what matter.

Assuming a 20% drop rate of orbs, you can expect in average 3'6 drops per week. If you have TPoP at level 14 or 15 then you get 14,4 orbs/week (748 orbs/year). Previously it was 6,3 drops/week, or 25,2 orbs/week (1310 orbs/year).

Statistically you will always be very close to the yearly average, and it is not so small number, isn't it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jelom said:

Feelings are subjective, my friend, don't let the trees keep you from seeing the forest.

I agree with you, but I'm an engineer and that's my way of thinking. Many people aren't like that, otherwise nobody would play lottery or slot machines :P.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I don't think we're speaking of the same things, here. Let me clarify further.

I'm already a super chill and non-superstitious player compared to most. I'm aware of and experienced with odds and averages and all kinds of RNG-heavy mechanics and how to tackle them with cold hard stats, patience and over long periods and big data piles rather than ever investing emotionally and irrationally in statistically meaningless samples or time periods. I'm sure that's the bulk of what you're referring to, and trust me, we're on the same page for that.

Feelings and the subjective perceptions of individual players are extremely important in a game, however. And it doesn't contradict the above approach in the least. Cold hard data only helps humans who acknowledge and embrace them for certain things and in a certain perspective. The rest of the time (most of the time, even if being as rational and impartial as possible is a work requirement, which was also my case for many years), we are human beings. In particular, when we play a game, what ultimately matters is our level of enjoyment (and, that goes without saying, not having or having the smallest possible amount of annoyances).

When the game's interface takes a full minute to even load one picture of one girl, the cold hard fact that matters isn't "I have thousands of sexy pictures I've collected" but "I don't care, because there's no way in hell I'll ever enjoy them with that interface". And you might notice that the root of this hard fact is not a rational fact but a subjective but relevant feeling (shared by a vast majority of sane people faced with a similarly annoying and frustrating proposition as HH's Harem). That's just the tip, though (of the iceberg, that is ^^).

The fun factor and, conversely, the frustration factor are both perfectly "subjective" and "emotional" (only up to a point and arguably, because by and large a LOT of both factors are shared by most humans and can relatively easily and reliably be analyzed and even predicted, especially in something like a video game). Yet they are CRUCIAL. As I've said loud and clear in my previous post, it's not a question of cold hard numbers, here, and it's not a problem that I'm incapable of reacting like a machine to stuff that is seemingly designed to incite an emotional reaction from me. Au contraire. 😃

There's a very good and rational reason why even the greediest and most machine-like of gaming companies sometimes act upon their player base's negative feedback on certain particularly annoying things. For instance, nerfing a particularly oppressive strategy into oblivion isn't unusual for a competitive PvP game, even when the cold hard stats say that its global win rate isn't that high, often not even close to the highest of the meta game it operates in. Because, from the individual player's perspective, it's not how many times you lose to that strategy, how it actually impacts your own progress as a whole, or even how often you encounter that strategy that matters (the most) in such cases. It's how infuriating facing the oppressive strategy is, and how miserable just knowing that you're likely to face it regularly makes your gaming experience. From the company's perspective, this translates to a very cold hard fact, too: how many players are we going to lose if we don't tone down this thing that makes them mad all the time? A lot? Okay, kill it with fire.

In this case, it's very simple. Let me take it home with a couple thousand words real quick. ^^

EMOTIONS IN GAMING 002.png

• Like 10

i think i get it, the pop update is not bad (it could have been a lot better with scaling rewards like the others have), but it feels like a loss - and having a good time playing the game is in the end more important than having the hard, cold numbers. And it really feels like they just added nothing helpful and did nerf the good ones in the process.

Like somebody else already said, with some proper communication this could have been a good update, now it's just okayish, but with a bad feeling.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, blaa said:

i think i get it, the pop update is not bad

I don't see anything good in this update honestly. -40% for red orbs and kobans for what? 1 epic affection item or book? Really? Well, at least legendary booster is not useless after all.

But yeah, God gives, God takes away, right? 😃

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

Reminder that epic orbs already gave us books/gifts as potential prizes in the epic pachinko. So these new PoPs probably don't even accomplish the goal of giving us more books/gifts overall in exchange for less orbs, just less of all three.

I have to say, it's getting really exhausting at this point how every change feels blatantly intended to bleed us dry at worst or not properly planned and balanced at best. The players push back and Kinkoid just keeps forcing more unwanted changes into the game. Literally never seen another gacha managed like this, it's kind of amazing.

• Like 11

let's be fair, we all knew this day was coming - in the beginning the patch with the introduction of the PoP already stated that there are gonna be more PoPs; instead of feeling lucky they gave us almost (or even over?) a year of more orbs, we are now complaining that they finally finished how it was intended to be ...

like i said, for me the problem isnt the introduction of these pops (they are not great, could have been better, but it's still free), but the communication - it's almost every time this, again and again and again

edit: it's not only communication, it's also project management: these pops should have been finished a few weeks after, so nobody would have forgotten about them coming, but after so long, it's obivious why nobody can remember, some might even not have been around then ...

Edited by blaa
  • Like 6
  • Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, lasergun said:

Reminder that epic orbs already gave us books/gifts as potential prizes in the epic pachinko. So these new PoPs probably don't even accomplish the goal of giving us more books/gifts overall in exchange for less orbs, just less of all three.

I have to say, it's getting really exhausting at this point how every change feels blatantly intended to bleed us dry at worst or not properly planned and balanced at best. The players push back and Kinkoid just keeps forcing more unwanted changes into the game. Literally never seen another gacha managed like this, it's kind of amazing.

I believe that books only come up on the x10 game option. I don't remember the last time I got one from a single game, only gifts, equipment and girls. Confirmed this with someone on discord who records all their drops.
Personally, I've been getting more Epic Orbs than I have girls to obtain, so I'm going to gain more gifts under the changed system. I know I'm in the minority though (partially because I'm in the higher levels, partially because I was basically done before Orb PoPs existed), but there's others in this situation so we're data points throwing off Kinkoid's balancing. They don't want people reaching the point where they sit on epic orbs not using them because there's no girls to obtain, so they have to rebalance things.

Not every change is bad, you're just focusing on the bad ones. Teams has no bad sides in it. Mythic Boosters are primarily good, as they add flexibility for people to spend where they want, and will discount the cost of mythic days. The manual daily rewards claim is positive. People have been asking for more places to get books/gifts, and yes that inclusion was likely to come at some other resource being decreased. As bla pointed out, they gave us too long without the other ones, even though we always knew they were coming.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

57 minutes ago, 430i said:

Has anyone gotten the new PoPs? Do you know how and if they scale?

You mean the temporary ones? If so, they do not scale at all.

This is ridiculous. I don't care whether it has been planned or not, it just sucks.
I have one thing that is possibly worth anything out of 6, compared to sometimes having 4 or 5 chances to get something useful beforehand.

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to ​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2023 ​📜​
  • DvDivXXX locked this topic
  • holymolly unlocked this topic