​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2023 ​📜​

Noacc

37 minutes ago, Jirastik said:

Is it just me or does they broke girls power calculation on champions again? >_<

Already noticed and escalated:

30 minutes ago, ORGASMA said:

In addition, the whole game is totally slow at the moment...

Nothing to do with the patch, but it's also been noticed and reported elsewhere. The server isn't used to handle quite so many clicks all over the place at once with all of these overlapping events and features.

• Thanks 1

So patch notes #8 my impressions:

1. New Adventure: always good and happy when a new "chapter" comes out
  2. Boss Bang: Here i must admit that (it seems) i was wrong, it is a good add and not a kobans sucker. If it stays like this is fine for me. Mine is a "veteran, relaxed player" perspective ofc, so for a "young" player might be a very different story. I only have to choose the right girls from my (pretty big) harem with a bit of care and i should be able to make things work. Again if it stays like this (for me) is a very nice feature, so sorry KK :) good job. Now a very personal line: to who is going to say " easy gne gne, boring gne gne" i say: "this is a hentai game, we are here to watch the girls, have a relaxed time and have fun (in all meanings XD). If you want to be challenged and put under pressure go play Dota 2, league of legends, call of duty... anything else. I don't need to be putted under a rain of ç@é* for you, thanks"
  3. The girls: The more the meerier

Side note: on the boss bang there are mythic gifts!!! very happy for that, thanks !!!!!

• Like 2

Wish it had better timing because if boss bang started during the next path of valor then we could have gotten points for getting girl shards.
it does not last long enough to carry the girl shards into it.

Her final stats below also hope the next boss bang does not get stronger since would suck having to spend 600 kobans on healing a team up i used a Sensual team to beat it because can heal itself.
image.thumb.png.b6eb1968396eb91dcc5944b26b2a7ce9.png

Hoping for get a girl contest before this ends to claim Neferkitty.

• Like 1

Boss Bang is the big show for the patch.  The rest, more girls, more story, cool beans.  The display bug for champs that was fixed not long ago is unfixed again, but no change to impression.  It was jarring to see the old, low values again; I wondered if there'd been a silent nerf, but it's just that display bug again.

My initial impression of Boss Bang was, "Oh dear god, I need to wear nose plugs because this is turning my brain to syrup, and I need to keep it from leaking out."  And I definitely WAS alternately whimpering, cackling, and drooling after that many repetitive clicks.  The gameplay is ...unexciting.  Okay, it's boring.  

After reading the test server thread on the feature, I'm grudgingly intrigued.  Yes, there's a bunch of badness to fix with the interface and @Liliatposed a very good work around to team selection (thanks for that!), but aside from the "click your way into the cackle factory" nature of actual gameplay, the feature could become quite engaging.  Perhaps we were handed a lowball this time; I'm sure that this will get tougher.  Or maybe I just glommed onto a successful team the first time around without really understanding the mechanics.  Thank goodness, no timer or additional currency to manage.  

• Like 1

It WILL definitely be made WAY harder starting next month even if we don't openly give feedback that this one was "too easy". Rosso will look at the report from his data guy, see most players finished the event on the first day, and immediately conclude that the event is too easy and demand they turn the difficulty up to 11. That's almost a guarantee by now. If on top of that players start complaining that the event format is too easy (just because this one happened to be set to an accessible difficulty), then careful what you wish for, folks...

And keep in mind: since there's no cooldown (for once! ^^ and that's super refreshing, even if it's likely playing a big role in today's insane lag), even if the Boss difficulty had been perfectly balanced, most players capable of beating it would have beaten it on the first day (and even in one go for many) anyway. And the above would have happened... Remember PoA, folks. Remember how we got "Midwinter Abominations" because Rosso incorrectly interpreted "many players finish PoA in two days" as "it's too easy"... V_v

Most crucially, this is the SAME event for everyone, it's not adjusted relative to each player's level or any other power indicator. So we can't have it both ways (unless they can tweak it so that the difficulty level adjusts to the player's, but if they were able to do that, they likely would already have).

So, do we want it to feel like a challenge for us hardcore late game players routinely fighting for D3's Top 4? In that case, it will be extremely difficult or even borderline impossible for mid game non-casuals (say, people who have a year and a half behind them, around level 350 and fighting in D1 or D2). And literally not-even-funny impossible for new yet dedicated players (one year or less behind them) and casuals of virtually any level, except maybe veteran casuals who are level 400+ and might have level 600+ girls (even if they don't use them optimally).

Or do we want it to be slightly challenging for early to mid game players, yet doable for the most dedicated of them? And potentially doable for a fair amount of the vast population of casuals? In that case, it's bound to be super-easy-barely-an-inconvenience un-challenging for hardcore late game players...

Again, careful what you wish for, folks! Think big picture and think about the entire community, not just your own specific situation right now. ESPECIALLY when your feedback or wish leans towards INCREASING the DIFFICULTY.

Personally, I'd much rather have something that's imbalanced in our favor rather than something that's ridiculously too hard for most players just so the most powerful line-ups can have a more challenging experience.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Personally, I'd much rather have something that's imbalanced in our favor rather than something that's ridiculously too hard for most players just so the most powerful line-ups can have a more challenging experience.

Alas that I have but one like to give. 😉

FWIW, my "perhaps, this will get harder" was in NO WAY a desire for it to.  It was more of a prognostication.  I remember the MidWinter Horror all too well and see the impact of ...unusual difficulty scaling every day in the Pantheon.  I also did not wish to derail the Patch Notes thread with any detailed discussion of one feature, since that more properly belongs in the thread devoted to it.  Just correcting the record in a reply rather than editing my post and providing positive (if reserved) feedback for the feature.

Edited by SoggyShorts
Completeness
  • Like 1

il y a 51 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

Most crucially, this is the SAME event for everyone, it's not adjusted relative to each player's level or any other power indicator.

I'm just picking this bit, because it actually is relative to each player's level.

The boss starts at your level, and gains +1 level each time you defeat her. This makes things harder for lower-level players, because going from lvl 150 to 250 is a +66% power up, whereas going from lvl 450 to 550 is only a +22% power up.

Lower level players also have it harder because they have less strong girls (Especially no fully-upgraded M6 girls, maybe not even a full team of L5, and a lot less options when it comes to picking the best elements).

(For the rest of your post, I agree :) )

• Thanks 2

good patch in my eyes, story + girls are very welcomed, nothing to say about the discord bot yet and event is a nice addition (no koban sink like the others before), so also welcomed.

And, yes, i agree, dont push KK to make it harder, we need something to chill at least a little bit.

The next new event is already on its way, and it's gonna be a slaughter.

• Like 3

My thoughts/experience to patch notes #8 (2022):

Adventure: More Story is allways wellcome.

Boss Bang: In the survey I didn't like this feature and wished, they had used the wastebin for the idea, but now the thing is life and I had did my 100 fights today to get Neferkitty. To players behind lvl 450 with a great harem the event is easy and is doable with one team that wil mostly ended after 100 fights with less damage. From clubmates (casual players and less than lvl 300 players) I became the feedback that they have big struggles to do the event and are very not amused about the sheer amount of events and things to do in HH. The event seems to be middle-level stuff: Hard for players in the middel of the game, but doable without spending to much, very hard in the early game and for all in the late-game area easy. I hope the struggling of the low- and midd-level players will provide that DvDivXXX prophecy will come to real, that Rosso will demand to increase the difficulty, but i fear the worst...

The girls: I will see them in my harem earlier (1*girls) or later (PoP) but they will join in the next weeks. At first glance they look very well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkerTexass said:

Just don't make it pantheon difficult please

It's already difficult enough because no matter how strong you're still have to click it at least 100 times being strong does not give you more than 1 blue potion thing at a time.

• Hug 1

Il y a 10 heures, Noacc a dit :

Anyways give me more* feedback it is always welcome x) 

I'd like for KK to add a button "Fight until the team faint" or something, since it's simply not fun to do that many click

I don't see what to say else, maybe add a (very long) timer for teams to heal themselves? Idk

This iteration felt good at my level, hard but not too much, but that took a small eternity with the lags of the game to do those 100 clicks :P 

Il y a 10 heures, natstar a dit :

It's already difficult enough because no matter how strong you're still have to click it at least 100 times being strong does not give you more than 1 blue potion thing at a time.

Clicking 100 times is not difficult, it's boring. People on the thread ask for more difficulty, which can be OK, but will be very hard to do because of how this event works ( indexed on player level and not on girls level )

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WalkerTexass said:

Clicking 100 times is not difficult, it's boring. People on the thread ask for more difficulty, which can be OK, but will be very hard to do because of how this event works ( indexed on player level and not on girls level )

Difficulty is relativ. There are a lot of player that complain, that they had to spend Koban to reach the 100 victorys (on Discord and in my Club) or that they don't have the koban to spend so they don't get the girl. For active players with a little preparation and knowledge what they do there is no difficulty if they have enough of the needed girls.

And difficulty will not change anything in the "300 times to klick for 100 victorys is boring" case. You will need allways 100 potions and with gaining 1 per round you have to make 100 victorys. If you change the mechanic it wont be the planed Boss Bang. To me it's better to get a girl after 100 fights than to get a girl after 850 fights or 500 fights (Mythic Days or Legendary Days). There is no complain about "boring stuff" like in Boss Bang. Oh, and don't forget the villain girls. There you need some hundreds of combativitys too and I didn't notice there is someone who complain about this is boring. 😉

• Like 3

il y a une heure, bolitho76 a dit :

Difficulty is relativ. There are a lot of player that complain, that they had to spend Koban to reach the 100 victorys (on Discord and in my Club) or that they don't have the koban to spend so they don't get the girl. For active players with a little preparation and knowledge what they do there is no difficulty if they have enough of the needed girls.

And difficulty will not change anything in the "300 times to klick for 100 victorys is boring" case. You will need allways 100 potions and with gaining 1 per round you have to make 100 victorys. If you change the mechanic it wont be the planed Boss Bang. To me it's better to get a girl after 100 fights than to get a girl after 850 fights or 500 fights (Mythic Days or Legendary Days). There is no complain about "boring stuff" like in Boss Bang. Oh, and don't forget the villain girls. There you need some hundreds of combativitys too and I didn't notice there is someone who complain about this is boring. 😉

I am the one complaining it's boring, 2 pages before

• Hug 1

16 hours ago, Liliat said:

I'm just picking this bit, because it actually is relative to each player's level.

The boss starts at your level, and gains +1 level each time you defeat her. This makes things harder for lower-level players, because going from lvl 150 to 250 is a +66% power up, whereas going from lvl 450 to 550 is only a +22% power up.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that. To be fair, it's not in the Patch Notes and not easy to guess since before you make a team and start fighting her, the Boss only appears in her Reward form, at Level 1 with 0 stars, in the feature itself. However, I must have forgotten (or it's been updated since I've read it weeks ago) this paragraph from the Blog Post about BB, which does explain that:

Is the Boss getting stronger after each performance? 

Yes, at the beginning of each Boss event, the Boss will start at the same level as you (ex. you are level 400, the Boss starts at level 400).

But, every time you win against the Boss, they will level up with 1 level thus also getting stronger little by little.

Note: If you level up during the Boss Bang event, it doesn’t matter, the Boss will not level up additionally because of your level-ups.

Still, as others mentioned, Player Level alone isn't nothing, but it doesn't really cover the whole spectrum of a player's actual power level (or lack thereof). There are people at Player Level 400 with all their character stats carefully maxed out, all their equipment carefully upgraded every time they level up, and with strong competitive Girl Level 600+ teams. And there are others at Player Level 400 who are missing out on hundreds of character stats, have outdated (and sometimes even irrelevant) equipment, and not so competitive Girl Level 500 teams. Both will face the same Level 400 to 500 Boss. And so on, and everything in between, yadda yadda of course. ^^

11 hours ago, Boulie2 said:

maybe add a (very long) timer for teams to heal themselves? Idk

This would make sense and I'd also like to seize this opportunity to point out that the terminology chosen for defeated teams in BB is quite misleading as it currently is. "Tired" and "rested" heavily imply intuitive notions of RPGs, Roguelites and many other game genres that Rosso is still actively trying to Frankenstein HH into, and I know some players who just went with it and assumed their defeated teams would REGENERATE OVER TIME. Because that's typically what "too tired to fight for now" and "need to rest" implies. But that's not at all how it currently works. A more honest and clearer explanation would have been "when your team reaches 0% Ego, it's DEAD, but you can RESURRECT IT for 600 kobans".

What happens if my team reaches 0% Ego? 

If your team reaches 0% Ego, that means that your team has become too Tired to fight and needs to rest.

Your team cannot be used until it has rested and the girls from the tired team cannot be used to form other teams. The team will remain tired until the end of the event.

BB-teams-300x136.png

Fortunately, you can return your team and make sure they’re feeling well-rested by spending 100/600 Kobans.

If they "remain tired until the end of the event" unless you spend kobans to make them feel well-rested... Then "Tired" and "Rested" are used incorrectly. "'Dead" and "Resurrected" is how it actually works.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WalkerTexass said:

If the difficulty was raised high enough everyone loses because would need to use kobans to heal all your teams if they got defeated so would just turn the event into another use kobans or miss out event.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

And difficulty will not change anything in the "300 times to klick for 100 victorys is boring" case. You will need allways 100 potions and with gaining 1 per round you have to make 100 victorys. If you change the mechanic it wont be the planed Boss Bang. To me it's better to get a girl after 100 fights than to get a girl after 850 fights or 500 fights (Mythic Days or Legendary Days). There is no complain about "boring stuff" like in Boss Bang. Oh, and don't forget the villain girls. There you need some hundreds of combativitys too and I didn't notice there is someone who complain about this is boring.

To be fair, many people complained about Mythic Days boredom. That's why they did the x50 button :D.

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

If they "remain tired until the end of the event" unless you spend kobans to make them feel well-rested... Then "Tired" and "Rested" are used incorrectly. "'Dead" and "Resurrected" is how it actually works.

Well, "Dead" doesn't fit well in HH, but they could use something like "Totally Spent".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was one person that suggested to put a button with "fight till the team is exhausted". I think that's a good option to consider, they could even put it with kobans (like they did for the Pops). So who wants/need to "skip" can do it, with a little price (yes it is right to "sell" the comfort for me). It's a win/win for players and KK. For me is fine to do my battles with my rithm.

16 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Well, "Dead" doesn't fit well in HH, but they could use something like "Totally Spent".

I agree on this, sorry @DvDivXXX but i do not want my girls to die for me XD. This would fit better, nice suggestion @Kenrae 👍

• Like 2

I completely agree, I wasn't suggesting to use actual classic RPG terms like Dead or Resurrected, it's Kinkoid's job to find suitable terms for the game's lore and mechanics (unlike what they did with Potions *cough*). But yeah, the important point is the current terms are very misleading, and it would be an improvement to replace them to better describe what they actually mean.

Honestly, they could also keep "Tired" and "Rested", but adjust the mechanics accordingly, as I think it was @Boulie2 who suggested it? It would also make that feature more in line with most other game features: you can wait (for your team to recuperate) or you can spend kobans to skip the cooldown (and get them "fully rested" instantly).

As for a "fight until the team is exhausted" button, why not. I'm sure lots of players would use it (and if it costs a bit of kobans and/or requires a monthly card, even better). I would avoid it like the plague myself, but that's already what I do with the x15 button in League and most similar features, so no problem. Win win indeed.

• Like 5

I also think that a bit of free resting over time would tremendously help lower-level players. And an option to reset teams by paying Kobans (Without actually changing their health) seems necessary, because if you pick the wrong first team, it's pretty much game over (Your first team will likely contain some of your strongest girls, so even if you have 4 remaining slots, you may not be able to reuse access a girl your need for a proper team).

That's 3 easy improvements that, IMO, would help make this event a lot better for everyone:

- Regen teams slowly over time

- Have an option to reset all teams for Kobans, without actually healing them*

- Allows x10/20/50/100 fights for Kobans or Monthly Cards

* Although this needs to be carefully implemented. I say "without healing them", to avoid prohibitive cost (If you have to pay 5x Healing + 1x reset, it's prohibitive. If you only have to pay for 1x reset and then decide which team(s) to heal, the cost can be much more reasonable). However, I think this option should only be available when either all teams are at 0% or all teams are at 100%; otherwise you could move some powerful girls from a "tired" team to a "fresh" team. It also needs to reset all teams at once, otherwise you can't shift a girl from one team to another. Changing teams when they're all at 100% would help you fix mistakes (For a cost). Changing teams when they're all at 0% would help you avoid plain game over, since healing won't help fix bad team selection.

The benefits would be:

- More meaningful "4 Days" event, where time actually matters (At the moment, it's a 10-minutes event that you can do whenever you want over 4 days, and you either win or lose).

- More options to adjust your strategy after a failure (At the moment, if you pick bad teams, healing can't help you, and players are not willing to spend thousands of Kobans to brute-force the event. Healing only (reasonably) helps when you can reach ~80% already)

- Less anger for players who failed, thanks to regen-over-time. Gives them time to rethink their strategy and adapt, rather than quickly fail and be hopeless.

- More incentive to buy a monthly card $$, even for level 500 players who can easily defeat the boss for free. Removes the feeling of "300 mindless clicks" - for those willing to pay :) and matches other similar aspects of the game (Seasons, Champions, Villains)

• Hearts 1

• Guest changed the title to ​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2023 ​📜​