Mythic Days running on test server

windia

After emptying my combativity for current classic event, I discovered the Mythic Days running on Test server.

First impressions:

town screen - now with two events displayed

image.png.0800258ddedd75f74745e139461ef733.png

Clicking on the Mythic Days, this overview screen appears (girl image blocked with ublock)

image.thumb.png.550f53813e31205192dce9fe85b1f339.png

Going to Gruntt, this is visible:

image.thumb.png.b43e02e63193d0ffd658af02bc5a8a3b.png

-> the 1x MP orb appears also on the other villains

what needs to be explored:

• the "total shards remaining"
  • because the perfom button only wants standard combativity
  • and the screen says "here are 5000 more in some hours"
  • so it is clear: they are consumed while fighting Gruntt - just how and when and what to do with "default event"?

Edited by windia

okay, right now these are just "seconds ticks" - every second  yet unknown action/click/time one "shard" disappears.

Definitly a bad word choice - shards used to be the thing "get 100+ and get the girl"... - then again, "Mythic" is double used as well, so - who cares...?

(beside me, obviously)

Edited by windia

I will assume the following - in total, 5k shards are given to the server, the players receive them from the boss until they run out. After a certain time, more fragments are given, and so every 6 hours. On the test, as I understood, 5k fragments were given for 6 hours, that is, 50 girls. Only 200 per day is obtained. I wonder what will happen on the main servers. I have a bad suspicion that if they give a few fragments, there will be an ass of the hellish baphomet, when the fragments will be exhausted in a minute or even less after their appearance. I predict howl, drama, tears, curses, hatred on the forum.

• Sad 1

ah, I see. The wording is correct - these are shards and they are distributed to all players on the server for this girl.

If any player gets one shard, this counter goes down this shard amount.

So it is even more insane than the LC...

I don't even see the competitors. Thanks to shal we have a rough number of active players from last season.

Insane.

and it would imply that the last shard drop is either "whatever is left" or the shard range is "1". 

An interesting situation: will the girl disappear from the boss the moment there are no global shards in the pool? Because otherwise I see the promise "there is a girl to get" while I have no way to get any shard...

Edited by windia

This event concept sounds interesting but also completely insane. The game goes from "Slowly making progress over time" to "Get the shards now or they'll disappear". I hope the devs keep track of how fast shards are disappearing so they can add an appropriate amount every 6 hours. If the pool starts out with 5000 and they disappear in less than an hour, they might need to add something more like 50'000 to keep things manageable. 

Edited by DisgustingMarsupial

5 hours ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

This event concept sounds interesting but also completely insane. The game goes from "Slowly making progress over time" to "Get the shards now or they'll disappear". I hope the devs keep track of how fast shards are disappearing so they can add an appropriate amount every 6 hours. If the pool starts out with 5000 and they disappear in less than an hour, they might need to add something more like 50'000 to keep things manageable. 

Except if the shards are enough for everyone it will defeat the purpose of monetizing the game via competitive, limited time only reward. I hate this kind of events, it's just another LC in a different shell, the core's the same. The worst part is it'll provide insane pvp advantage to all HC players who get it. I still remember the days when Levitiya was the only sheriff in town, it wasn't good.

• Like 3

With the current number of active players in the main server, around 100000, if 10000 are active at the refresh time, and 1000 are willing to spend thousands of kobans to refresh combativity and pound the x10 fighting button inmediately, then even 100000 kobans to share will last no more than a few minutes,

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Except if the shards are enough for everyone it will defeat the purpose of monetizing the game via competitive, limited time only reward. I hate this kind of events, it's just another LC in a different shell, the core's the same. The worst part is it'll provide insane pvp advantage to all HC players who get it. I still remember the days when Levitiya was the only sheriff in town, it wasn't good.

It doesn't need to be enough for everyone but at least enough for those who actively play the game. I understand Kinkoid's business is to compel people to spend however I think this idea might need some more time in the oven.

1 hour ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

It doesn't need to be enough for everyone but at least enough for those who actively play the game. I understand Kinkoid's business is to compel people to spend however I think this idea might need some more time in the oven.

If it was only that the old model works fine. Time limited boss girl, but when you add additional barrier like limited number of shards(we don't know what that limit will be) it's clear it's not meant for dedicated players, but a portion of the "most" dedicated players. Only time will tell and i do hope i am wrong, but i've seen worse from mobile games even in hentaiheroes. i didn't menti9n Levitiya by accident. And this event gives of the same vibes. 

• Like 1

If I'm not completely mistaken, the "here some new shards for everybody" gratitude is every 6 hours.

So maybe this screen & message is due to the fact that there are less than 6 hours left on the event counter. 

Just it looks like there will be a long moment when the last shards are gone and the event finally ends...

image.png.aa99722cc42a0dbdd55b29401dcbe8fc.png

(I participated only for 1 shard as the girl is obviously no new for the testrun)

Edited by windia

For me, a big mystery is what is the point of introducing a mechanic with a limited number of shards. No seriously, this is not a criticism in this case, but simply a desire to understand what is the benefit for the players in terms of improving the quality or interest of the gameplay, or for the publisher of the game in terms of improving monetization.
Speaking about improving sales, the appearance of a girl on whom you need to spend 10k of premium currency (as I understand it, the fragments fall by 1 piece) in itself, this will probably cause a certain boost in sales. But at the same time, the player who decides to buy gold for real money will have some doubts - I’ll buy it now, but I don’t have enough fragments and everything will be in vain, maybe it’s not worth spending the cash, so that later I don’t get upset because of failure.
Why this is also not entirely clear for the players. There will be two options. The first shards give a lot, there is no deficit and anyone who is ready to spend about 10k gold gets a girl without any problems. In this case, the shard limit is simply not needed, it's just an extra mechanic in the game.
Another option is that everyone is missing fragments. WE CREATE AN EXCESSIVE DEMAND !!! There is a certain meaning here - a hype, a drama is created, someone did not have enough shards and he spent a lot of resources, someone cannot sit for hours and wait for the moment to replenish the shards in order to rake them out. But the reaction to this will be mostly negative. Why this is necessary - I do not understand.

Well, if we move away from the question of the shard limit and talk about the mystical girl herself. I hope that the creators understand that with her appearance there is an imbalance between the types of players, since the girl will be of a certain type (there is a strong suspicion that it is hardcore), which means that by putting her as an alpha, this profession will receive an advantage. There is enough imbalance in the classes, and then there is this. Whoever was able to get a girl and plays the right class will receive an advantage, and everyone else will be out of the game (I suspect that this is the majority). I would like to avoid this and get mystical girls of other classes as quickly as possible without a long wait and without unnecessary fights for shards, when people will try to pull the fragments out of each other's hands, fearing that he will not have enough of them and as a result they will be less competitive in pvp.

It seems to me that the most suitable format for mystical days would be to hold them in parallel with other game events (and on the test one we see that such a mechanic is when two events are simultaneously tested there). Let's say 3 times a month for two days a mystical girl of each class will be available. In this format, it would be interesting and even the shard limit here will be justified to create some form of exclusivity in order to provoke impatient donations into the game, but at the same time leaving for those who lacked the fragments or do not want to spend gold now the understanding of what will happen next month the opportunity to get what you want. Then, it seems to me, all this will be interesting and exciting.

While I agree with most of what has been said about the "limited shards" mechanics, I don't understand why people see giving some advantage to hardcore players as a problem. That class is the worst by far in PvP (or I should say the league, in Seasons it's the best but it doesn't really matter), having a mythic girl first won't change that.

Basides, we don't know how many stars those girls will have. They could very well be 3 star girls and have worse stats than 5 star legendaries as a result :P .

Edited by Kenrae