Bohemians be boheming  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Himari

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

My group results:

1666766083_LC6_day03.thumb.JPG.0d5446db0fc02c6a8ba83368e86ef907.JPG

Got the 25 shards I needed to finish the event, and I did it without spending kobans. Great!

Good luck to all in the last day.

Also, @Albert80082, congratulations, but you'll regret spending all those pachinko tickets once PoA begins.

Edited by Eman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eman said:

Also, @Albert80082, congratulations, but you'll regret spending all those pachinko tickets once PoA begins.

Yeah I probably will, although I still have time to get some from PoP, so we will see :D. Maybe ill have to level them from rank 9 to 10 just to get that one extra ticket.

Edit: Just checked the calendar and seems like we have 1 day break after contest again, I think that will be enough to get some tickets.

Edited by Albert80082
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Inuzuka said:

No shards on the first or second day, looking like 25 shards on the third day, and there's no way I'm getting in the top 4 tomorrow so I'm definitely not getting 100+ shards to get the girl this time :(

False alarm. The Gift code posting thread saved my ass with a new 1k koban code, placed 4th on the third day by skipping the 24hour cooldown on Alban for 400 kobans then alternating between the 10 tickets at once for 54 kobans and 6 kobans to skip the 15minute cooldown until I beat him again.

Almost got ninja'd in the last few minutes though.

• Like 5

I hate LC. Another depressing result.

Went to sleep 16th at 103K pts, 32K up on 26th.

Woke up 27th 16K behind 25th.

No bad feeling toward the snipers. They are just playing the game in front of them. My hate is reserved for whoever in KK thinks this is fair for american TZ players.

Edit: And my reward for 27th? Endurance item. FFS!

Edited by snowman22
Add useless reward.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

[...]

No bad feeling toward the snipers. They are just playing the game in front of them. My hate is reserved for whoever in KK thinks this is fair for american TZ players.

[...]

Not long ago this "hate would be reserved for whoever in KK thinks this is fair to anyone beyond american timezone players." Because not long ago the switch was at 05:00 Paris time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, windia said:

Not long ago this "hate would be reserved for whoever in KK thinks this is fair to anyone beyond american timezone players." Because not long ago the switch was at 05:00 Paris time.

I would argue that making a legendary girl snipable is way worse than making 300 kobans snipable. Both are bad. One is worse. Both together is just mean. Especially since the solution is not hard. Rotate all contest end times 2 hours each month. Give everybody equal opportunity to snipe. I imagine some people outside the americas can not snipe at the current time due to RL. Give them a chance too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

I would argue that making a legendary girl snipable is way worse than making 300 kobans snipable. Both are bad. One is worse. Both together is just mean. [...]

that is the core of my argumentation why I think LC is bad. Because the players fight over the girl instead everybody has - theoretically - the same chance to get her. As it was before (I do not count Patreon).

The solution itself sounds nice - shift the reset time round the globe 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, windia said:

The solution itself sounds nice - shift the reset time round the globe 🙂

That won't happen since the reset time is what it is to make KK staff lifes easier. Better to dump the Legendary Contest, it's the worst part of the game anyway (well, second now with mythic girls) ;) .
And design gameplay that doesn't depend so much on reset time, like the leagues.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, Albert80082 said:

Another day, another good result:

day2.PNG.b11e5b03b936bf4dd29b8f00fcd71375.PNG

I think I have a good chance beating the ticket related contest as well. Only thing I am slightly worried about is the girl/book contest.

MB, didn't know there was a different bracket for ppl that have the girl.

Edited by Cantrix
  • Thinking 6

1 minute ago, Cantrix said:

Competing in LC after you have the girl is a d1ck move. You're screwing another person who might otherwise have gotten the girl, just to get some pachinko orbs. I don't understand it.

AFAIK you get put into another bracket with people that already have her, once you get her too. So you're not screwing anyone. Also that is pretty bad way to look at it. If what you say was true, that would be a bad game design. Why would you blame players for that?

• Like 3

hace 1 minuto, Cantrix dijo:

Competing in LC after you have the girl is a d1ck move. You're screwing another person who might otherwise have gotten the girl, just to get some pachinko orbs. I don't understand it.

You have it misunderstood.

Once you get the shards for the girl, even if you don't claim her until after the last day, moves you to another group with the rest of the players that have goten her, leaving room for the rest that are still trying to get her. 

He's not getting in the way of anyone for doing that.

15 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Once you have (crossed) 100 shards you get put into a bracet in which all people already have the girl, buddy :)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Esios said:

Congratulations @Albert80082 ! :D

Tbh, your challenge was far more entertaining to follow than the actual LC :P

Thanks man :D I was a bit worried because right before LC started, I moved to higher level bracket (280-320), so I expected quite a competition. And there was. Out of all the contests, the ticket one was hardest and most stressful. One crazy guy was tailing me even after 300 tickets spent. I was checking the app constantly every 15 minutes so I could spend some more tickets. And it seemed like he spent a lot of kobans on refreshes, because i saw him jump TWICE by 100k point within 5 minutes.

Now that I have some extra orbs, its time to wait for mythic pachinko refresh, so I can grab Golden Bunny  😎

Edited by Albert80082
Typo
  • Like 3

So my results from nutaku (left side) and HeH (right side):

• 1st Day
    • nutaku:
      • daily contest was "charity investment" - so investing Ymens = making LC points
      • surprising 100 shards
      • the winner doubled it's points within last 3 hours, was at 1 million already 15 h before end
      • I overpaced a bit, I just did all in the last 3 minutes^^ (and I never trust a 4th place to hold in sniping)
    • HeH: 
      • daily contest was "all shall fear" - boss refills and league/season rushing were no easy points to get
      • surprising 100 shards
    • HaH image.png.89cf36270e6dd196191a7b59ff8a65b9.png HeH:image.png.f832f9a7567abbfe4dfecb007030d7d6.png
  • 2nd Day
    • nutaku
      • final 6th place was 1st 3 h before end, final 2nd place was 2nd 3h before end
      • I orbed my way in the last 20 mins
    • HeH
      • I did not care here, 14th was okay
      • final 2nd made his points 3+ hours before end, got sniped by then 2nd
    • HaH: image.png.a55f3c0332c5b8d69c4bcef6f0d2c48e.png & HeH: image.png.efe316e752694e05dbb55e7ba57f57e7.png
  • 3rd Day
    • nutaku:
      • for me it was grinding day and unlike last time there was no sniper
      • final 3rd place rushed in a stint, more than 14 hours to go, final 5th did a 12k recharge, but got sniped in the last 3 mins
    • HeH:
      • grinding one account is same like grinding two accounts.
      • Just the final 1st rushed there more than 14 hours before end, adding 80k points 3 hours before end
      • so I energized my way for 3rd, the final 5th rushed his complete points 3 hours before end
    • HaH: image.png.a870a07affed988ffc06f265fa7e1e89.png & HeH: image.png.4877257725533ea4bbe144dfe2a2915e.png
  • 4th Day
    • nutaku
      • final 1st had 95% of his point already 2 hours before end
      • there was a huge gap between 10th and 9th (400k points)
      • I assembled for 10th - and got sniped in the last minute by the final 7th - so I decided to let go this 400k point gap
    • HeH
      • final 1st set his points already 2 hours before end
      • I went for a safe 9th, leaving the huge gap to 4th as it was
    • HaH: image.png.d1858514f919ddad80bcf9113e128a48.png & HeH: image.png.eda21fb21b2ceff960906fdaef80113d.png

All in all a very good result for me - 100 shards first day! Last time the group of my 4th day had 1 700 000 as winner, avoided it back then, left it be again. 

I still don't like the format, I still don't like the waste of tickets for the sake of saving kobans on cooldown, I still am happy to sit on a sniping time zone - thus feel sorry for everybody unable to challenge the contest's end.

Edited by windia
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Where else are you going to get orbs now? The bosses drop a few here and there but from what I can see the only other place to get them now is from the Daily contests. If Orbs gave a better result in getting the girls, or boosters, or any other game related item I could see where you are coming from, but since Kisses have taken over as the reward for both the Champions and ToF and the drop rate of usable items (or girls) is what it is, it's no longer a choice, you have to go for the Orbs whenever you can IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

3 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Where else are you going to get orbs now? The bosses drop a few here and there but from what I can see the only other place to get them now is from the Daily contests. If Orbs gave a better result in getting the girls, or boosters, or any other game related item I could see where you are coming from, but since Kisses have taken over as the reward for both the Champions and ToF and the drop rate of usable items (or girls) is what it is, it's no longer a choice, you have to go for the Orbs whenever you can IMHO.

Yikes, compounding misinformation onto misinformation.

1. Cantrix was blatantly wrong in what they were stating, as already explained in the thread. No one is being dicked over by it, so there was no need to respond to them like they had any kind of point.
  2. Daily Contests don't provide any orbs
  3. If you don't think that MyP orbs help provide girls, why would the drop rate of girls be relevant to whether you go for orbs?
  4. No part of the game that rewarded MyP orbs were replaced by kisses. Leagues provided combativity, and Champions provided Epic Pachinko Orbs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Yikes, compounding misinformation onto misinformation.

1. Cantrix was blatantly wrong in what they were stating, as already explained in the thread. No one is being dicked over by it, so there was no need to respond to them like they had any kind of point.
  2. Daily Contests don't provide any orbs
  3. If you don't think that MyP orbs help provide girls, why would the drop rate of girls be relevant to whether you go for orbs?
  4. No part of the game that rewarded MyP orbs were replaced by kisses. Leagues provided combativity, and Champions provided Epic Pachinko Orbs

Hi GeorgeMTO,

Starting with point two: What do you call this if it isn't a Daily Contest? 

image.thumb.png.02c17e5cc9e85af819590bc2f3fc671a.png

On point three I think you misunderstood where I was coming from. The drop rate for girls is so low you need dozens of Orbs to have a realistic chance to get the girls. So in my way of thinking you go for the Orbs wherever they show up if at all feasible. Spending the Orbs as soon as you get them is frustrating the vaste majority of the time (my estimate is somewhere between 80-95% of the time in single spins).

On point four, MyP orbs used to be awarded in the lower level leagues, my source: 

If this was erroneous why wasn't it flagged or commented on as misinformation?

On the first point, you have me confused. No question the point Cantrix was voicing was incorrect, but why is it no one else said anything about the difficulty in amassing Orbs as a possible reason why a player wouldn't take every reasonable chance to grab some of them, especially in this type of event? Hell, even the "Orb FAQ" whose title implies a general Q&A on all orbs (even if the FAQ is geared towards Epic Orbs) doesn't say anything about where the different kinds of orbs can be found!

Edited by Pelinor

• Slynia unpinned this topic
  • Noacc unfeatured this topic