Hentai Clicker's Future 2/19/2021

sozan

• sozan changed the title to Hentai Clicker's Future 2/19/2021

Wow I am amazed reading this statement. Not because they are pulling the plug, the writing has been on the wall for a long long time; but the real honesty in it. About time, us players are not stupid. 

Oh well I've spent my Ryos on gacha now and will probably still tick my account over before the server is switched off.

Let's hope they have learnt many lessons on how to do a clicker game right, and try again.

Thanks Sozan, short lasting job! 

And thanks to the devs - better to have tried and failed than to never try. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMCr said:

Wow I am amazed reading this statement. Not because they are pulling the plug, the writing has been on the wall for a long long time; but the real honesty in it. About time, us players are not stupid. 

Oh well I've spent my Ryos on gacha now and will probably still tick my account over before the server is switched off.

Let's hope they have learnt many lessons on how to do a clicker game right, and try again.

Thanks Sozan, short lasting job! 

And thanks to the devs - better to have tried and failed than to never try. 

the server wont be shut down. They said it will still be up. just no new bug fixes, events or chapters.

Great decision, I totally support you.

HCL was honestly a quite good game but not very fun and quickly boring, though the drawnings and the story were amazing. So I totally understand the game did not receive the same success as HH.

The best part of your decision is to move all girls to HH : that's an amazing idea, and it's a great reward for those who played both games !

Thanks again Kinkoid team for your transparency and your decisions. 👍

• Like 2

@sozan Small question.

The Blog post mentions, "your current Harem will be moved to Hentai/Harem Heroes. ... We will export the list of girls every player has and whenever a girl becomes available in HH, you will get her automatically in your Harem."

How exactly is "current" defined here? Is it today, or on "Friday, 26.02.2021, 1 pm UTC+ 1"? Or will this continue to get updated?

In other words, as the players continue to get new individuals in the HCL harem, will they continue to get automatically included (when available) to the HH harem? Or is there a cut-off date for this list?

• Thanks 1

It's a good decision and with the possibility to get Finalmecia in your Harem FINALLY this is great.

But I've got a bug with a girl who required to be at 800 levels in chapter 1 and each time she appears she don't come in my harem and my chapter 1 can go to 1500 levels now

22 hours ago, sozan said:

the server wont be shut down. They said it will still be up. just no new bug fixes, events or chapters.

I am sure it will stay for a while but when everyone has gone, the plug will be pulled. I still have chats to finish off. 

Anyway Sozan can we now discuss bug exploits? I know it is against forum rules and big no no on discord, but now the bugs are not going to be fixed can we share what we have discovered and tried to report? 

15 hours ago, burnfire said:

It's a shame. I enjoy the game.

Anyone knows if the HCL.com harem will be transferred to HH in Nutaku?

Or is there no chance of carrying the achievements across platforms?

I guess if you play HC via HentaiClicker.com then your harem will transfer to HentaiHeroes.com.

If you play HC via Nutaku, then your harem will transfer to Harem Heroes on Nutaku.

Cross-promotions between HC and HH have always worked this way in the past.

Edited by HHTopCat
  • Like 2

@sozan Thanks for making this thread, and thanks for your work as a mod for the HCL section. I'm surprised there's no official announcement or forum thread for this, besides the popup we got in HCL and the announcement on the official site you've linked to.

As for the news itself, obviously this means different things for different player profiles. For those who only or mostly played HCL, it's mostly sad news (even if it gives them an incentive to try out HH). For those who only play HH, it's mostly good news, or at least a hint at cool new things to come. For those who played both games, it's a bitter sweet mix of sad and exciting news.

In all cases, it's great to see Kinkoid make a difficult but rational decision, acknowledge they bit more than they could chew with HCL, and redirect precious resources to what they do best. It's also nice that they're making a real effort to not let HCL fans out cold, and the sneak peek from their other future new game Comix Harem is very exciting to see (I imagine something similar to HH but with a superhero theme and perhaps different mechanics, both new and familiar, and just these couple of pictures shown in the announcement got me pumped!). Each game is important in and of itself, but seeing the company/team behind them grow and learn from their mistakes and aim for greater things for their fan base is very healthy and encouraging.

In my case, this mostly sounds awesome, even though HCL had been growing on me over the past few months, and I liked recent content quite a bit. I'll be getting a fair bit of rewards in HH for all the time and efforts I put into HCL, I'll keep HCL around so I can eventually achieve all I'd like to achieve there (although it won't count retroactively after this Friday for rewards in HH; so I'm a bit sad that I still haven't grabbed Finalmecia from Gacha, notably), and I know another game I should love is on the horizon (Comix Harem), and my favorite hentai game (HH) will probably get bigger and better in the near-ish future (if they do the parallel universe thing right, which would fix their "no villain in your harem" conundrum, among other things, as I've suggested in the past).

This is the kind of thing that could easily be spun as a major positive announcement, at least for the HH community. I hope Kinkoid takes this opportunity to further improve on their communication skills and timing, and make a sweet official announcement for this from a HH perspective. I'll ping @Noacc just in case.

There's a lot of great content in HCL (and I have yet to see a good chunk of it, I only have 44 girls). There are also a number of drawings that aren't so great and/or don't fit the visual style of HH or even HCL itself (especially the scenes unlocked from the Chat system). I hope this gets adapted in a sensible manner for HH, keeping the great stuff, leaving the not-so-great stuff out, and rounding things up with the classic HH touch in terms of drawings and especially affection scenes.

In any case, thank you for this and for so many other great things, Kinkoid. I hope you'll keep on this right direction and also get around to fixing long-term issues in HH for the greater good (PvP imbalance, MD event format, etc.). With love. DvDivXXX*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, superazn said:

I did get Mizuki from the crossover promo already, does this mean that my accounts are already linked?

Most likely not. Mizuki was available via a crosspromo that you launched from HH and redirected you to HCL. Your accounts didn't need to be linked, you just had to follow the link and then it kept track of your progress from there, for this specific offer. I don't think that linked your accounts permanently. You might want to send a support ticket just to be on the safe side. Send it from HH and tell them your HCL account name and details, this should help.

From HH: Main Menu -> Settings -> Support -> Create a new ticket. Provide your screenshots and as many relevant details as needed.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, FinderKeeper said:

image.png.fabbbc71caefd5831ad3245dcf5f112d.png

image.png.60c8dfd82271350b5139fecf53687932.png

@John 1039 They are making a special list of player states. It will be frozen next Friday.

I thougth first i have to be online exactly at Friday 26.02.2021 at 1 pm (+1 UTC), dose that mean i don't have to be online at that time?
So it is just the deadline when they creat there special list with the girls for every Player, so actually i don t have to be online anymore if i know i can't get another girl till friday, right?

One thing to consider is that we won't be getting more skill tree points, so we'll never finish the skill trees. It would be sweet if they gave away a few hundred skill tree points along with the 3k hearts. OR maybe add extra skill tree points to later stages of existing chapters, OR maybe include skill tree points in the pool of possible rewards from daily missions.

So those of us who keep playing HCL in its frozen state get a chance to finish a second skill tree, at least.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

One thing to consider is that we won't be getting more skill tree points, so we'll never finish the skill trees. It would be sweet if they gave away a few hundred skill tree points along with the 3k hearts. OR maybe add extra skill tree points to later stages of existing chapters, OR maybe include skill tree points in the pool of possible rewards from daily missions.

So those of us who keep playing HCL in its frozen state get a chance to finish a second skill tree, at least.

i was thinking about that too but i doubt it because that would take more dev time. not to mention it can mess something else up and create a chain of reaction which is the reason why they wont add past event girls in the gatcha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

... But you COULD finish two skill trees. Had I not started working down the third tree, I'd have gotten two trees done, with only a single perk in the third one.

Sure, technically, that was possible. But since when that system was introduced we had no reason to expect the resource would run out before we could complete all trees, it didn't seem unreasonable to catch the value points in all three first, and then finish them one at a time. That's what I did, and I doubt I'm alone with 1 tree completed, another 100 points short of being complete, and the other one half done. If we receive even a couple hundred skill points as a farewell gift along with (or maybe partially replacing) the announced 3k hearts, then most players would be able to finish a second tree. That would feel good.

I'm also working under the assumption that daily missions, reset hearts and daily chain of tasks with ryos at the end will keep getting generated once the game is "frozen", of course.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, superazn said:

The question I have is, I use a different email for HCL than my HH one. How will I be able to transfer my data from HCL to HH? I did get Mizuki from the crossover promo already, does this mean that my accounts are already linked?

Not quite. In that case you need to contact Magrat (probably discord is best) or HH support team (in-game support ticket).

image.png.0672b720e9ca72499b84c559422b392b.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Sure, technically, that was possible. But since when that system was introduced we had no reason to expect the resource would run out before we could complete all trees, it didn't seem unreasonable to catch the value points in all three first, and then finish them one at a time. That's what I did, and I doubt I'm alone with 1 tree completed, another 100 points short of being complete, and the other one half done. If we receive even a couple hundred skill points as a farewell gift along with (or maybe partially replacing) the announced 3k hearts, then most players would be able to finish a second tree. That would feel good.

I'm also working under the assumption that daily missions, reset hearts and daily chain of tasks with ryos at the end will keep getting generated once the game is "frozen", of course.

I completed the 1st and 3rd tree and made a start on the middle one. Seemed the best way to get most affection hearts, the only things I still need. With the reset timer bug I am now getting at least 1100 hearts most days.