The Places of Power (musings)

Pelinor

Places of Power has both permanent and temporary groups. The top three have a girl as the ultimate reward. The bottom six have rewards which I think are based on the class of the girls used, but I am not sure about this part.

Anyway, I was excited when this game feature came out because it totally solved my in game money problems.

I don't know why, but I did expect to see a greater variety in the rewards for the "temporary places of power." Instead, what I see is the same reward set of orbs, money, kobans, and tickets with little to no varience regardless of class.

Surley there must be other combinations of rewards that could be implemented that maintain game balance and still give a better variety for the temporary PoPs? A greater variety of rewards would make the game more interesting and give players something else they could brag about with each other.

So, what else could be used? The four market items and the eight different game currencies provide for 32 combinations instead of the current 4. I feel this is something that should be explored as a positive game improvement. What do you guys think? What combinations would you like to see that don't show up now? Should the alternative rewards apply to only the temporary places of power or would you want to see them on the permanent side as well (once the girl has been obtained)?

The rewards don't depend on the class, depend on the type of PoP. The name if you prefer. There's a version of each class for every type of PoP, each version of a PoP gives the same rewards.

When they announced the feature they announced more types of PoP. I guess they're still planned. Those PoP could give books and affection items. All PoP give cash as one type of reward and I don't think they'll change that.

But it does raise a question. If the developers are planning for additional temporary PoPs where other types of awards can (or will) be given out then why do the crazy Patch note announcement about changing the PoPs that already exist? Why not wait for the additions and then make that announcement instead?

I know you don't have an answer to that. I was just putting my thoughts down. Thanks for listening to my concern and not blasting my idea/feedback. It's most appreciated.