Survey: Improving the forum

Mario Kinkoid

Survey: Improving the forum  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Under the "Browse" category : How often do you use the "calendar" section of the forum ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  2. 2. Under the "Browse" category : How often do you use the "staff" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  3. 3. Under the "Browse" category : How often do you use the "online users" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  4. 4. Under the "Browse" category : How often do you use the "leaderboard" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  5. 5. Under the "Activity" category : How often do you use the "all activity" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  6. 6. Under the "Activity" category : How often do you use the "my activity streams" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  7. 7. Under the "Activity" category : How often do you use the "unread content" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  8. 8. Under the "Activity" category : How often do you use the "content I started" section ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it
  9. 9. How often do you use the "clubs" section of the forum ?

• I use if often
    • I do not use it
    • I use it sometimes
    • I didn't know about it

This poll is closed to new votes

Hero.PNG

Dear all,

We are thinking to make the forum more functional and user friendly, in order to do so, we would like your opinion on what functions do you really use, and which are not really useful for you.

Please take a few minutes to let you know what you think, so we can a forum 2.0 even nicer and easy to use for you !

• Thanks 8

Survey related

The Calendar seems to be used only for B-Days and with no way to add to it, as a user I ignore it.

The Staff section isn't maintained. If I need to know a users bonafids I look at the leaderboard or at the users profile in a post.

I never bother with the "who's online" section. Why bother when forums are a post and reply depository almost unrelated to "real time" activity?

I'll use the Leaderboard when I am in a curious mood.

I use the all activity section in my club since there is no "notification" indicator for posts made in the club (or if there is I have not found it).

Good God No to unread content. I have enough on my plate dealing with sites and message boards I administor to try and keep up here.

I will use the "content I started section when checking on topics I start. The forums do a fair job, but occasionally it skips and I find a few replies to my topic where I didn't receive a notification on the reply.

Non survey related

The user profiles are not very useful under the current set-up. Moderators use it to "post warnings" yet without any user notification of the post such postings are seldom seen until after a stronger action has been made.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lol, that feeling when you have to press "I didn't know about it" in every option because you've never seen these tabs despite the fact they are on top of the page right below the logo. After a short inspection seems like none but "Content I Started" would be useful for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

After reading the title of the survey I expected some questions about the stuff I do daily: writing, reading and searching for topics.

Well, none of this was your concern. 

That what was is already addressed by the others. 

Somehow related is my pain to find older stuff - I used "recent activity" for that as well. So the search function is not very much to my favors - or I just need some more knowledge to use it to find the stuff I'm looking for. Yet I know that a good search is very expensive.

The calendar would be much more useful if the events would be placed there - not sure how this would interfere with the current situation with two languages.

Having 500+ girls I stopped remembering their birthdays...