[ 07-Jun-21 ] Mythic Days - Discussion

That was unexpected  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Nike

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

There is also the psychological factor why the 2-hr setup is worse. When people see a small amount of available shards, they go into frenzy. That contributes to the craziness we are seeing now.

I understand why they want to make MG more exclusive.  The high cost of kobans has already accomplished that. Why does it need to be on a limited shard supply and time window? Every MD had shards left by the end. Why not just make the shard supply unlimited? We won't have lag problem and no one will need to live their lives on the game schedule. As fun as HH is, the game shouldn't run our lives.

• Like 10

On 6/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, jelom said:

The no villains in harem seal is broken.

technically yes. And all seals in this game break with to much sex - 700+ girls is quite a number for it^^

Yet she is on "the good side" unlike Karole or Finalmecia or most male ones (which break the seal in GH^^)

Edited by windia

10 hours ago, windia said:

Yet she is on "the good side" unlike Karole or Finalmecia or most male ones (which break the seal in GH^^)

Unfortunately, it seems to be the answer Fab gave someone on the FR Discord about including Nike, basically something along the lines of "nah, she was always meant to end up in the harem, she's not one of the bad guys"... Pretty clearly implying that this will likely be the exception, but that he still hasn't changed his mind on the arbitrary policy to not give us other cool girl characters we know and love because they're "villains". That's such a cop-out, I'm genuinely offended by how gullible he seems to think we are to swallow it, honestly.

His excuse for depriving us of Finalmecia, Karole and others has always been because they were villains as in "adventure map bosses", in the game mechanics sense (which happens to be called "Villains" in the EN version of the game, but "trolls" in the FR version, for whatever reason, and possibly something else entirely in other languages). He never said it was because they're "villains" as in "bad guys" in terms of personality. At least that I'm aware.

We have multiple variants of Justine in our harem, to name but one... A terrifying psychopath who... well, I don't want to open too many cans of worms at once by using the R word that rhymes with "grapes" right now, but let's just say she's a thousand times more clearly evil and despicable than Karole, for instance (whose main fault is to be trapped in an abusive relationship with an actual dirtbag). And there are many other "bad girls" in our harems. Conversely, there are map bosses (aka "villains" as the chosen term for this mechanic) who are undeniably "good guys". Roko is our freaking teacher, for instance.

Anyways. Enjoy Nike all the more, HC players and those with koban piles massive enough to catch them all. Because we're probably not going to get any other map boss in our harems anytime soon. V__v

13 hours ago, Tytania said:

(I know it's your role to defend Kinkoid)

It really isn't. I'm free to give my own feedback as any other player. Including constructive criticism. See above?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know nothing has been said in regard, so I will make an hypothesis and say that theoretically, as bad as it is, the two hour recharge in this last Mythic Days may have a good reason, if this distribution has been made to make things more equilibrated thinking about players from many different time zones. In other words (always my personal hypothesis) at the time of the 6 or 8 hours distribution the devs may have asked themselves "Do many player think 'OK, they recharged, the usual players will empty those in less than an hour, no chance for me'?" So they have opted for a two hour recharge (in conjunction with the lengthening of the event, which also means more total shards) because it is practically impossible (at least for the normal player, intended as a player with a more or less normal life out of the game) that a player gets online to fight Ninja Spy every two hours for 72 hours long (and no offense, but I would personally consider anyone capable of such a feat definitely not worthy of the definition "normal player"): this way more players would have been tempted to take their chances, as instead of one or two times per day, probably they would have had at least 6-8 chances to gather shards. IMHO the fact that the time that up to now was needed to empty every recharge (less than 5 minutes every time) was so low, may sustain the above hypothesis. Another confirmation may come if at the end of the event there will be less shards left in comparison to previous events.

On a personal note, I was able to finish obtaining all three villain girls of the Dance event, so as I said above I tried my luck with Ninja Spy in the last hours, and had the luck of obtaining a couple shards. This makes me happy also about the fact that the Mythic days were placed at the end of the classic event, and I also liked the fact that the villain they used was different from the ones in the Dance event (allowing players, especially non-hardcore ones,  to choose which direction to take without forcing them to gather shards for a girl that would probably stay in their Date Pavilion for ages, and/or keeping their kobans for other events or purposes). With a little luck, before the end of the event maybe I can gather another two or three shards, and, as people say by my parts, it will all be dripping fat. Then maybe Nike will stay in my Date Pavilion for ages, but this time at least it will be for my specific choice.

• Like 2

I'm very impatient, i like to get things done (i know, thats my personal problem and has nothing to do with the game. sry if i'm offending anybody). That's the only reason i dislike the 2h change. For others it might be better.

On the first day, first batch i was able to get 60 shards. On the second batch up to 90 shards and i thought "ah whatever" and bought the last 10 shards with dating tokens. Maybe every 4 to 6h would be better? I dont know. In the end i have to cope anyway.

Edited by Elster

2014816008_ScreenShot2021-06-09at9_19_10AM.thumb.png.3c032a57c8398e549980cf08d6606af6.png

15,381 kobans in total including the X50s. Quite lucky I believe and all on the current round. Looks like shards will last 30 mins at least. Could be the time as well, where it's bedtime in CET timezone.

It's the fist mythic I get which is not of my class, but since I had a good stock of kobans, why not. Plus hedging my bets in case the meta changes to HC again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 2nd MD-day was a "shards freeze game (play on words, from wage freeze)" for free playing. I participated 7 times, starting from 13GMT+2 (UTC+2) and obtained zero shards out of 40 free attempts + i went out of my way / policy and refilled 1 time 20 combativity for 206 kobans. In return i obtained 2 SP (i guess that was solely time related, 1GMT+2). All single challenges.

Overall i also got 5-6 Mythic Orbs, 5 x 5 Dating Tokens & 7-8 Tickets (money uncounted).

The server performance increased drastically, no more lagging (for me & for reference purpose, i'm on a 75MBs FTTH line).

From 17GMT+2 the shards remained a little longer than the previous 3-4min. that is to say ~5min.

19GMT+2 & thereafter 7-8min.

nike0.thumb.png.d282c8f3f0f5860ba781e489164c3a8d.png

nike1.thumb.png.d5d60b3873161a0d59fc9b2b16ad3058.png

23GMT+2 ~13-14min.

nike2.thumb.png.249d67f760478121982df727da3ec349.png

1GMT+2 they even lasted ~45min.

nike3.thumb.png.52d40c3644937d4b98f4dd4e0e37833c.png

So yes, your previous assumptions that there will be less of a rush on the 3rd day seem to be proving true.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

i reolled in 7 different time frames now and i got her.

cost me around 16.500 Kobans.

the two hour time frames are definitely better than the 12 hour time frames.

45 minutes in and there are still 1300 Shards left. It has settled down a lot
Edited by Magic1986
Adding reminding shards after certain time passed
  • Like 4

I randomly checked at the top of the past hour (1 hour remaining before recharge) and there were ~400 shards remaining (I grabbed one with normal combat attempts).

Maybe too early, but I am now wondering if there aren't shards left at the end if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I have to think from a game perspective if everyone who wants the girl gets her, then the people who want no shard limit are right why bother.  But to have it truely be rare, I think some people who want her should not get her.  That's even more like PVP than boosting and slamming my numbers into yours...sniping something you want.  But definitely does not seem fun...for me anyway.

I don't have feedback beyond I am glad I didn't try for her because so far does not seem I would succeed.  Glad to see more people posting here with success tho.  That always happened before I was able to get previous mythics I tried for :)  Seeing even those people say "I'm just waiting til the crazy stops" made me nervous even as a non-participant.

Happy rolling.

PS: I admit I was one who voted recharge / 2 hours (and even suggest 1 hr in comment) but certainly did not expect this.  In addition to agreeing with low number frenzy, I now reflect that the long recharge might have meant some people who would graball in the first release were sleeping and now the pool of people to do it has just expanded.  Bit more to see I suppose=)

Edited by jpanda
added PS
  • Like 3

This time (5AM CET) the shards lasted for 55 minutes. So if I really want to get Nike (❤️) I think I'll try my luck on the last day around that time. But with only 22k koban to spend it's a close call for me. ;)

About those two hour time frames... I think it's basically a good change. But the 3 minutes frenzy doesn't sound like fun to me. And I don't know if it is possible that players waste their koban once the shards batch is depleted or if the corresponding warning message always works as it is intended to. A slightly larger time frame would probably help to reduce all the frustration that was uttered here.

6 minutes till depletion is much better than 3. So if we really have to keep the questionable idea with the limited shards... how about four (or six/eight/whatever) hour time frames for the first two days and two hour time frames for the last day? Not a perfect solution at all, but wouldn't it reduce the aforementioned problems? And players in funny time zones or with little time to spend on the game could still get the girl on the last day without unnecessary hassle.

It would probably also help if KK could reduce the lag a little bit. This is already ugly when there isn't a big shard fight going on. How about giving players (via 'settings') the option to save most of the small picture files locally? Or would this be too difficult to implement?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Because we're probably not going to get any other map boss in our harems anytime soon. V__v

That's my Mythic Karole Flying away with your words XD but thanks for your post so I can do the following

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Fab gave someone on the FR Discord about including Nike, basically something along the lines of "nah, she was always meant to end up in the harem, she's not one of the bad guys

@blaa we need to do a thing. I know it is not very good gentleman manner to say "we told you" but..... @jelom we told you XD (sorry man, love you but it is not gonna happen again so I had to take the chance😂😂

For last, the "berserk frenzy" seems to start coming to an end and the shards are lasting longer, making the game not lag anymore.

Still I'm pretty convinced for now that the best is to go back to 2 days, but more important (even if we stay 3 days) make a window of 4/6 hours. Now the shards were ending in 3 minutes so if we double them they will last 6 min, which is always better then 3 for trying to get some shard in the lagging (this is only my personal though, the more "data players" will probably give a better feedback)

Last part, i have to really think if i can afford her without killing the myself of the next month. From what I see the "price" is always in between 14 and 19 but I'm pretty unlucky so might be more for me 🤔

• Like 4

Last batch lasted more than 45 minutes in HeH. Don't know the exact time, there were 700 shards left after 45 minutes and no shards left after an hour.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 1

i could easily have her since there are still over 1000 shards left on nutaku, but ofc I am gonna wait until the next contest.

All this drama for nothing, it seems like this MD is like the others: everybody who has enough kobans and really wants her can get the mythic girl without any big problems

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3

99 shards left on HeH after 83 minutes. It's slowing down and I predict that on the 3rd day there will be leftover shards.

EDIT: 86 minutes and they're gone.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 2

I got Nike after ca. 18.000 Koban and at the middle of the second day. There lasted the shards more than 10 minutes (someone reported 14 minutes, I think). The 2h rotation is fine to me and I think it's a realy great improvement above the former 12h.

• Like 4

The problem with the fast shards depletion is the impatient players, that want the girl instantly, seeing previous Mythic days I estimate they can account for 150000 shards approximately.

My proposal is refilling more shards in the first batches, for example it could be something like: 50k starting shards, 40k after 2 hours, 30k, 20k, 10k, and then 5k until the end for a total of 305k shards, that way there would be 150k shards available in the first 8 hours.

It can be even more tweaked putting a big refill of 75000 or 100000 shards at start and reducing more in subsequent refills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

The problem with the fast shards depletion is the impatient players, that want the girl instantly, seeing previous Mythic days I estimate they can account for 150000 shards approximately.

My proposal is refilling more shards in the first batches, for example it could be something like: 50k starting shards, 40k after 2 hours, 30k, 20k, 10k, and then 5k until the end for a total of 305k shards, that way there would be 150k shards available in the first 8 hours.

It can be even more tweaked putting a big refill of 75000 or 100000 shards at start and reducing more in subsequent refills.

I think that also looks more good on the paper - and causes some confusion towards the end of the event.

Why? 

Because keep things simple. 

There was need to start the LC with 30 minutes break between them to calculate all brackets. In the first round(s) the daily contest still started at reset time. And some confusion was perfect.

So they switched to "events  start at reset time, any contest starts 30 min later".

My conclusion is: if I read "9000 will be distributed in" I would assume that is the usual batch. 

In general I go with the unlimited approach like @Tytania wrote: a Mythic girl costs already obnoxious amount of kobans (compared to all other options)  - why the need to have such stress? Just to make it different from legendary days? And that people more look on the counter then the kobans?

Edited by windia
  • Like 5