🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️

Noacc

9 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There's actually a bunch of it already there, in the best place possible: Side Quests. I guess you're not there yet, but there's already ELEVEN side quests in this game. I haven't started any, but their descriptions describe several first time encounters, some reflections on their past, and info dumps.

I'm there as well (I rushed to world 2 so I could start using my combativity), and I was also pleasantly surprised by the big amount of side quests already waiting for us in CXH. I've also had a cursory look at them and it's clear they're mostly origin and other background stories. I didn't mention it in my previous post because I'm absolutely fine with those things being there as bonus content we can choose to access when we feel like it, rather than being shoved down our throats as the game intro and first few chapters of the main adventure mode (which seems to be what others would have preferred).

For now, the main story gives a much higher XP ratio than side quests do in CXH, so I'll save the side quests for later.

As an aside, it's also nice to see that many side quests piled up and politely waiting for us without any pressure. I take it as a good sign that it will be similar in HH, and we'll stay in control of when we want to play them.

4 hours ago, windia said:

I'm mainly surprised how quick and "questionless" the nonfucking world with all their established society norms accepts the only guy with "I fuck you and you get well" out of nowhere as the new norm and leaves all "barriers" behind.

This isn't the Haremverse but there's an explanation why the Superheroes themselves are like that...

8 minutes ago, Mac Jenks said:

I'm having a noob moment and trying to find the ticketing system on Comix Harem to no avail in order to report a bug. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Settings page, support button in the bottom right corner

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Settings page, support button in the bottom right corner

The problem there is that the verification email never gets sent to me no matter the amount of times I press the button. I just don't want to be getting in trouble for a possible bug and not reporting it due to this entire other issue that has been a thing since first coming to HH years ago.

Ok, seem noone mentioned it yet ...

There is one point in tutorial where it tells you to use red X to close screens. Except there is no X in market. Sure, there are other ways to navigate, but some people who don't have experience with harem heroes might get lost for a moment. Generally, I think the tutorial was lacking ... sure, longer tutorial would be boring for us but for new people might be necessary.

Meanwhile, everyone mentioned how it feels long before you get a way to use combativity. Funny that first place where you could fight was season.

PS: Originally, I liked the map in harem heroes. That was before they redraw it again and again so all the new words would fit ... frankly, not bothering with it and just show the words as blocks is probably better.

Edited by Honza
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Honza said:

Meanwhile, everyone mentioned how it feels long before you get a way to use combativity. Funny that first place where you could fight was season.

Of course, using combativity as close as possible from the start is important. It means 50000+ ymens and some Great-Nightx1 orbs per day, a boost for your initial meager resources, plus easy to get girls.

• Like 2

I mostly like it. The superhero genre is something that I've always been a fan of, so I like the setting, and I like the plot. As for the art, well I have no problem with the character designs nor the body type of the women, but I do have to agree that when it comes to the story, the faces are grotesque at times. In fact the very front page has probably the worst example and is bound to put a lot of people off - it almost did me.

P10a-z1.jpg

• Like 1

the only reason I play these games are for the girls. 

I dont really read the stories that much. i just love sexy girls.

the new game is a cool idea, it's a cool concept. 

but, no, the faces are just too masculine. the noses, the chins. they just look too masculine.

and in some scenes they even look like bodybuilders. or like masculine muscular guys with long hair.

i will play from time to time. but it wasnt as amazing as hentai heroes when i found it 

• Like 4

The "art problem" many are complaining about is because typical super hero comics have a realistic style as opposed to the more cartoony style of manga. If the artists try for realistic and they are not spot on with the faces, you end up in what is called the "uncanny valley" (you can google it). It's the reason why Pixar never tries to animate realistic humans.

I think the solution is to go for a slightly cartoony, but still Western style and the problem will be solved. Here are some examples. A little more like Mad Magazine would have done back in the day when they parodied comics. No problem with them looking like guys.

image.png.274e364a7f822c049dbffa376cf04597.png image.png.530afb0e88750e31dbace4ef437dab32.png image.png.636478851f39663b5ea523709bb4e377.png  image.png.277230abe241bc6705d0ad2e43d0255c.png  image.png.19a59995b38009c2a1d28b6263b8f5a0.png  image.png.4ddd3093e649e3f2d7f5aec734cbd137.png   image.png.f2c7311cf72a9d41ac71f858ad4c71ec.png

Edited by DocJD
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, DocJD said:

The "art problem" many are complaining about is because typical super hero comics have a realistic style as opposed to the more cartoony style of manga. If the artists try for realistic and they are not spot on with the faces, you end up in what is called the "uncanny valley" (you can google it). It's the reason why Pixar never tries to animate realistic humans.

I think the solution is to go for a slightly cartoony, but still Western style and the problem will be solved. Here are some examples. A little more like Mad Magazine would have done back in the day when they parodied comics. No problem with them looking like guys.

image.png.274e364a7f822c049dbffa376cf04597.png image.png.530afb0e88750e31dbace4ef437dab32.png image.png.636478851f39663b5ea523709bb4e377.png  image.png.277230abe241bc6705d0ad2e43d0255c.png  image.png.19a59995b38009c2a1d28b6263b8f5a0.png  image.png.4ddd3093e649e3f2d7f5aec734cbd137.png   image.png.f2c7311cf72a9d41ac71f858ad4c71ec.png

I respectfully disagree. 

I understand what the uncanney valley means. it happens with robots and sex dolls.

my problem with this game is not that the girls are too realistic. the problem is that they are too manly looking. some drawings look like a goblin, not even human. i have no idea where the inspiration for this style comes from. but american comics like Mcfarlane or DC always drew beautiful women. 

I only reply because the uncanney valley is a different thing. uncanney valley can occur with a beautiful drawing or sculpture. even if a female robot has a beautiful face, it still can be creepy.

these drawings arent creepy. they just arent pretty either. 

I'm not creeped out by their realism. because these drawings arent realistic

and your examples show very beautiful feminine girls. very soft ground features. 

your examples show tiny noses, round soft lips. soft round jaws.

• Like 2

it happens with robots and sex dolls.

Nope. Even wikipedia can tell you otherwise.

It actually is uncanny valley. Or saying it differently, that named effect comes from the same root as that feeling of unease that you feel from disproportioned, deformed or otherwise "wrong" human body. It's your defensive reflexes making you more alert and telling you "something's wrong; let's stay away just in case". Horror movies use it all the time.

Just to compare both launches:

ComixHarem "alone standing" had 4550 players "competing" on first day.

image.png.3c8f13d447ac5f2c2690dc4742341c40.png

ComixHarem on nutaku the other hand had 11398 players "competing" on first day - which was 1 (or even 2?) days after the alone standing launch.

image.png.ce56a98e06ca6151dc6e713501216819.png

And boy it takes time to load both screens...

What KK got rid of is the 1:6 conversion rate in kobans= gold.

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jyepie said:

and your examples show very beautiful feminine girls. very soft ground features. 

That's the problem. The artist(s) are FAILING at their attempt to be realistic (at least with the girls; the guy looks OK but I don't pay much attention to him). Some of the girls mouths make them look like the Joker and Bunny Girl, for example, needs to lose about 30 pounds

What makes the samples I showed both unrealistic and sexy are a set of things: Very small noses, ehnanced cheek bones, extra large heads (which make the necks look thin, but the neck is near normal otherwise), and small waists. Usually the eyes slant upwards at the outside (a look women often go for using makeup) whereas realisticly, the eyes are level, on a horizontal line with each other. The girls in this style are slender; the thin waist and smaller ass accentuates the size of the boobs and makes them more feminine than a heavily muscled guy. Rarely do the girls have any delineated muscles at all.

People are about 7 to 7 1/2 heads high. Heroes are normally drawn 8 heads high. The girls in this cartoonish style are 5 1/2 (without heels) or 6 heads high because of the large head, with longer legs and a shorter torso.

So I made it a bit into the academy (area 2) by now.

Good:

looks like there is a story arc from the beginning. Hentai only got one from around the plain of rituals.

Side stories. Haven't played them, but looks like additional world building

a different world building for the harem/random sex.

different art

neutral:

I think there is a strong French comic influence on the faces, especially on Begin City. Most people will expect more current Marvel or DC styles.

Bad:

initial performance girl  leveling in Hentai happend through the arena (at least when I started), the session mechanics now have girls seriously lag behind hero level.

Money balance is off, but I can't say how exactly yet.

4 hours ago, jyepie said:

I respectfully disagree. 

I understand what the uncanney valley means. it happens with robots and sex dolls.

my problem with this game is not that the girls are too realistic. the problem is that they are too manly looking. some drawings look like a goblin, not even human. i have no idea where the inspiration for this style comes from. but american comics like Mcfarlane or DC always drew beautiful women. 

I only reply because the uncanney valley is a different thing. uncanney valley can occur with a beautiful drawing or sculpture. even if a female robot has a beautiful face, it still can be creepy.

Uncanny valley is NOT exact phenomena. It works differently for different people.
It's entirely possible that DocJD is hit harder than you, or even that you are completely unaffected. It's also possible that different image will trigger uncanny valley effect in you while DocJD will be unaffected.

I think the solution is unrelated to if it's uncanny valley anyway. They just should try different style. It's not like all comics use same style, there are lot of options. ... Actually, they should probably try several different styles, apply on first three girls and let people vote.

(Personally, I think the harem images of the girls, while not as sexy as on hentai heroes, are mostly  ok, but some affection scenes or story scenes are really bad, with the scene on start of story being worst case).

BTW, when I'm going to get the girl in hentai heroes I should get for getting to second story?

Edited by Honza

I really dislike the books of "sport session" - once I saw that it should represent a body I cannot unsee the missing head.

That is simply creepy.

Same goes with equipment like "charming mermaid suit" - either a body with head or no body! Please, I'm no necrophile.

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

• FinderKeeper changed the title to 🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️