🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️

Noacc

Picking a bit on what already has been said, and I understand there's the "energy" promotion going on, but still it's too long until you actually get to where you can actually use combativity (haven't reached it yet).

The progress of the game just "stalls" very early and since you can't even use the combativity (which is frustrating, might as well unlock it when you can actually use it), there's not much going on.

A quicker way into "normal" gameplay would be great, since I suppose it's a negative to attract new players as it currently is.

• Community Manager

Keep up the feedback guys, it is greatly appriciated!

About the art - I see mixed feedback~
I can see where the feedback comes from - the fist opnening scenes may come a bit agressive. (Someone actually mention that they were a bit grotesque.)
As for the story, my personal opinion - I got hoocked immediately 😄

Team is working on the art to improve!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2021 at 10:46 PM, blaa said:

i ask

Ok, blaa. xD I'll try to compile and describe the triggers I've seen when I get back today.

EDIT: I'm still on it. Just letting it all settle down before I write this.

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Thanks 2

Okay, thoughts and it will be ugly.
The good points:
I like the daily adventure's little texts.
The things that are working for other games working here just as fine.

And for me thats it. Nothing new or anything that "sucked me in".

While I usually like comic style designs this time its a giant miss for me. All the seen characters are looking like trans people (or just plain ugly), with a strangely way too thicc/muscular appearence. Scrolling through the locked girls I find maybe a dozen that peaked my interest but since those are just face pictures the body itself could ruin those too.
The story is just into the middle, there is no intruduction except "all the girl will be under you" with a more unpleasant art than anything else later on, I almost didn't even started the game. 
Our main protagonist's design is too, not a favourite of mine. Especially his scene with Silk, he has that creepy rape-face, but overall doesnt work his "cutesy" behaviour with his desing or introduction.
I 100% despise that free night-club draw. Show it with the Great roll, if any of those will be 1* girls give one of those, but since I dont think I was soooo lucky that I pulled a girl without modified chances, I find it a disgusting buisness modell, cause it shows higher odds than what will wait for the players only so they will spend more money on it.

Overall I don't think I will ever revisit (might happen when fully released but only if I get more free time, I wouldnt drop anything for it). Even then, if it stays this way I will drop it just as fast as I did it now.

Edited by arkay2233
  • Like 5

Add me to the list of people who feel disappointed with the art style.  I know that it wasn't going to be Anime-based, but I was hoping that the art style would be similar to characters who were more western-based (I.E. Jeanne).  Some girls look fine while others don't.  And even then in some art those girls don't look too good either.

Managed to make it to the 2nd world and was able to do the villain battles.  So far the lowest shards I managed to obtain is 10 and the highest 69 (All with singular performances) and managed to get two of the three girls from the villain.  I see this as a positive but I'm worried that they may decrease the payout upon full launch.

I'll keep playing, but I'm not sure how long as this will be the third game of this genre to keep track.  Hopefully it'll have something to keep me hooked.

• Like 3

Just now, JoeEl85 said:

Managed to make it to the 2nd world and was able to do the villain battles. So far the lowest shards I managed to obtain is 10 and the highest 69 (All with singular performances) and managed to get two of the three girls from the villain. I see this as a positive but I'm worried that they may decrease the payout upon full launch.

Seeing as Dark Lord's range on Hentai Heroes is 1-69 with no issue, I see zero evidence to suggest it'd end up being lowered.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Seeing as Dark Lord's range on Hentai Heroes is 1-69 with no issue, I see zero evidence to suggest it'd end up being lowered.

Okay.  Good to know.

Also, I know we already have a way to report bugs, but I don't think that this is a bug, but in one scene, it seems that one of the heroine switches her race and back.  Very inconsistent and for some people possibly infuriating.

• Like 1

Did the cost of upgrading girls start lower and scale up as your character levelled up in HH?  I remember that being the case but I could be mistaken.  The cost in this game seems to be the max level cost from HH (I compared an Epic girl's first upgrade cost and in both games it was 504k money)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, throwawayac said:

Did the cost of upgrading girls start lower and scale up as your character levelled up in HH?  I remember that being the case but I could be mistaken.  The cost in this game seems to be the max level cost from HH (I compared an Epic girl's first upgrade cost and in both games it was 504k money)

That was years ago and was dependent on the number the girl had in your harem (ordered by when they joined), not your level, it was changed to a fixed amount because escalated to astronomical costs when you had over 100 girls

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jelom said:

That was years ago and was dependent on the number the girl had in your harem (ordered by when they joined), not your level, it was changed to a fixed amount because escalated to astronomical costs when you had over 100 girls

Ah so that's it.  I thought they had just capped the scaling after a certain number instead of removing it altogether.  

The Good,  I like the story.  

The Bad the art not the art of world that is fine.  The art of the girls.  I know art is personal taste.  The faces are off putting at least to me.  

Everything else works.  Although, you might want to think about lower the contest requirements.  A donation contest at those levels is hmmm... Just don't have the contests until you can match them to the level of the players.

I am liking the gameplay I just don't like the faces of the girls that much.  Not sure if I am going to stick with playing the game.

• Like 3

It's not too bad, and I appreciate that this IS a beta. I also appreciate that, if you've got a working game engine, you get all you can out of it. Having said that, this feels too much as if someone stuck a new skin on HH in a hurry. I hope that, over time, this will diverge enough from HH that it looks and feels more like its own game, and not like a re-skinned HH.

The story line - if you can even call it that - is very thin. You're doing superheroes here, folks. Let's have the origin story. Let's have some background on our hero. Do some world-building. Right now, it seems as if the "traumatic episode" that triggered his powers was puberty. I guess that can be traumatic for some people, but it's not exactly being caught in the heart of a gamma bomb explosion or rocketed from your home planet as it goes boom. 

On the topic of diverging from HH - how about this guy's powers? Right now, he's a battery for superheroines. That's all we know. How is he in combat? Will he gain more powers? Can we, maybe, have some sort of skill tree that we can gradually unlock? Powers, combat abilities, bedroom abilities, etc?

The art... I've seen worse. Keep experimenting. 

Right now, there's just enough to keep me playing, but certainly not enough for me to spend any money on it. Shoving a starter bundle at me on day two... sorry, not happening.

• Like 5

Continued from the CXH Art thread (a bit confusing and there's bound to be overlap, I know).

I guess it boils down to me growing up binge-reading and collecting Marvel, DC, Image and more superhero comics, vs a lot of the HH audience relating more to Japanese references instead. I typically have no idea what known character someone might be a tribute to in HH, and I don't really care (I love HH's non typical manga art style and how the Haremverse built up as its own thing, though, at least in my eyes). In CXH, references like Spider-Gwen, the Ultimates' (/MCU's) version of Nick Fury, the Comedian, Scarlet Witch, the classic Miss Marvel, and many others are just immediately obvious to me. But I'm not necessarily looking for a parody in the strict sense. Rule 34 is a thing, and if I want to see cool drawings of existing superheroes doing naughty stuff, there are many other places to scratch that itch. What I love about Kinkoid's approach is that they pay tribute and make references to tons of iconic to obscure stuff, but they're building their own thing with it. I don't see the new Bunny (Girl) as just a Black Cat/woman homage, I see her as her own character in the new CXHverse. I'm looking forward to seeing her and all the others evolve.

Two other things I'd like to point out, in part in response to some feedback by others I'll quote here for clarity.

1 hour ago, Poledancer said:

I hope that, over time, this will diverge enough from HH that it looks and feels more like its own game, and not like a re-skinned HH.

There will be a decent amount of overlap between the two communities, but CXH will also most likely appeal to many new players who don't play HH and won't necessarily want to. Just like many existing HH players won't be interested in CXH anyway. We already know that from how well GH is doing, despite being even more of re-skinned HH. Those of us who really get into more than one of these games won't necessarily mind the familiar mechanics (au contraire, in my case at least). So I don't think this is an issue, even if a minority of potential players will probably be put off by it as you seem to be.

The big thing I'd like Kinkoid to really focus on though, especially now that they're expanding their HH game-engine, layout and mechanics to a third game, is to rework the outdated parts of the shared core. CXH flows much better right now, but it's almost certainly because it has a much smaller amount of data that the system unnecessarily loads and reloads constantly, which creates tons of lag in HH where we have a ginormous amount of data wasting resources and bandwidth all the time. We REALLY should have a clean, separate REPLAY interface that runs smoothly and loads whatever you want to rewatch out of the tons of pretty pictures and stories in your collection, only when you want to rewatch them. The gameplay part (and other non-fap actions like upgrading and leveling up characters in the Market) should run smoothly on their own, without loading tons of data that we don't need for gameplay and just slows everything down. I hope they'll use CXH's beta to experiment with that, and then we will eventually have 3 Kinkoid games suddenly worthy of the "good to watch one-handed" Nutaku gold standard. Hopefully.

1 hour ago, Poledancer said:

You're doing superheroes here, folks. Let's have the origin story.

GAWD NO! They're doing comic-book superheroes, not overblown movie and TV superheroes. It's an obvious enough context that, if you've been a fan of actual comic books at any point in the past, the last thing you need is boring-ass origin stories that eat up half the screen ime for superfluous exposition. We get it, Hollywood Marvel. Uncle Ben's used to sell rice, and then he got shot, and with great boredom comes great lack of inspiration. We also get it, Warner Bros DC. His parents were shot, and he was a billionaire ninja with a bat fetish. Show, don't tell. Entertain, don't bore to death.

I mean, the Haremverse is something else altogether, and world-building has been very important because even though it's a patchwork of tons of seemingly incompatible references and ideas, it still works pretty well and became its own thing. Kuddos to Fab and the team for that, especially with how well they've been integrating the HCL variant Haremverse into the main one. I'm loving it! Haremverse lore is awesome because there is a lore for me to care about.

In sharp contrast, the base concept of "yeah, there are superpowers and all the other basic building blocks of any superhero story you've ever read" isn't lore. It's just part of the genre. We don't need anyone to tell us this guy got his powers from swallowing radioactive garbage, and that gal got hers from drinking an experimental chemical weapon, and the villain they're up against got his powers from a nanochip built by Doctor Cliché. We don't need any world-building at all, at the very least not right from the start. It's actually great they started in medias res. Oh, yeah, Chris Claremont, you've been my hero for my entire childhood and most of my teenage years, but we don't need a copy-paste of "his claws are made of adamantium, the strongest metal that ever existed" every damn issue (if not every action scene) either. We don't need to waste time with Reed Richards inventing unstable molecules so that it's allegedly more believable that superpowers don't destroy their owner's costumes every time they use them, or the Comics Code to come out of the grave to haunt us and remind us that Hulk's purple pants have an indestructible boxer part in them because of puritanism...

It would be like spending the first half of a western movie explaining all the tropes the narrow niche of western movies relies upon. That defeats the entire purpose of using a low-concept, instantly recognizable tropes-ridden narrow niche as your basic premise, actually.

• Like 8

I'm mainly surprised how quick and "questionless" the nonfucking world with all their established society norms accepts the only guy with "I fuck you and you get well" out of nowhere as the new norm and leaves all "barriers" behind.

And the very long intro makes clear: there must be a very convincing story why & how the "I want to be a shiny superhero not a working supporter" turns to a true superhero. What I found there in w1 does not do the job for me - well, I might not be the one that needs convinced in general, so it just my opinion.

Others expressed better the missing attitude from the Haremverse in the first world. The MC is way behind schedule to grasp the idea of "my" beloved haremverse.

About the art: yeah, completely different. As said: besides some proportions I get caught mostly by the face distortions - and I really try to avoid any similarities with "the trollface" (Trollface - Wikipedia) when I play a game or read a comic book. So while I might get used to the overall style as "MU & DC Comics" at least have been - deranged trollfaces turn me off.

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

CXH flows much better right now, but it's almost certainly because it has a much smaller amount of data that the system unnecessarily loads and reloads constantly, which creates tons of lag in HH where we have a ginormous amount of data wasting resources and bandwidth all the time. We REALLY should have a clean, separate REPLAY interface that runs smoothly and loads whatever you want to rewatch out of the tons of pretty pictures and stories in your collection, only when you want to rewatch them. The gameplay part (and other non-fap actions like upgrading and leveling up characters in the Market) should run smoothly on their own, without loading tons of data that we don't need for gameplay and just slows everything down.

This is more important than developers are probably thinking. The contrast I found between Comix Harem and HentaiHeroes was a big shock. Used to long delay times charging images in the background, CXH plays all actions instantly. Even the first day contest with more than 3000 players was charging really well. They should leave the caching of images to the browser of the player and not forcing in background the charge of hundreds of images that are not going to display in that particular screen. That way they would reach two objectives: the game would play smoothly and the data usage would also be greatly reduced.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

We don't need any world-building at all, at the very least not right from the start.

There's actually a bunch of it already there, in the best place possible: Side Quests. I guess you're not there yet, but there's already ELEVEN side quests in this game. I haven't started any, but their descriptions describe several first time encounters, some reflections on their past, and info dumps.

• Like 5

• FinderKeeper changed the title to 🗯️💥Comix Harem is LIVE! ​💥​🗯️