​✏️​​🖌️​The Art of Comix Harem​🖌️​​✏️​

Noacc

• Community Manager

SuperHeroes!

Thank you for answering the call of this new lewd adventure! We are so grateful for your feedback and support so far!

We will keep working on this beta and keep making it better for you. 
We wanted to let you know that we will start with updating some of the older drawings and all World 1 girls (the oldest in our time line but the first you saw) are being retouched!

Here are some spoilers!

tc4frF2kGXs6fWIIaF48C6xugUChkJ5BnwlcjtEk

vEJsZ2yBU2t6nyEDfA-cPFzc8-UOfWz9CgOntGo-

9yxw95NMKxAHPlAZyQ6yD2Mn3XEITjcXYwkRMaL6

So what do you think? Are we going in a good direction? Do you think this is enough improvement? 

Stay tuned, keep playing Comix Harem and keep giving us your valuable feedback!

Hentairly yours,

The Kinkoid Team

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 2

• Noacc changed the title to ​✏️​​🖌️​The Art of Comix Harem​🖌️​​✏️​
1 hour ago, Noacc said:

So what do you think? Are we going in a good direction?

The art style is way better! Definitely in the right direction. Now I get the impression that the art is actually getting some love and is not just stressed to not miss a deadline.

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

Do you think this is enough improvement? 

As long as art style goes, this is enough of an improvement for me! Well done!

But... now I'm afraid that this will sound harsh but just remember that this is just my own personal opinion. 
Like I already said here: 🗯️💥Comix Harem Beta! 💥🗯️ the biggest problem for me is the actual design of the girls, not the art style.
The faces makes them look like ripped grandmas with dyed hair (or witches as I worded it in the other thread), and I'm not into the whole GILF thing 😅
My problem is this: My first impression of a girl comes from her face, if her face is below my standards then I'm not even interested in her body (unless it's from behind lol).
She's not someone that will make me pitch a tent, nor will she make me play pocket table-tennis.

Sorry for that section, just know that I think the art style is great and I'm sure that everyone will prefer this new style!
Keep up the good work!

• Like 18

Yep, not sure what the description might be but I'm generally with @Slynia and a few others on the other thread, already mentioned on the post above.

The girls "looks" just aren't very appealing, IMO.

Over-athletic (I mean, there could/should be for all tastes but they seem to all/most be towards this) and, like I think Slynia is trying to say, not cute/appealing which sort of screws up the attraction part, at least in part.

OOC, @Slynia is your avatar the great Yumeko Jabami? 😍 

• Like 3

Great! This basically covers what I mentioned in my feedback in the other thread, as far as the ink job goes at least. On the left, especially in the second example, we see the "big fast strokes with a brush", almost Tom Palmer style inking. On the right, a much more subtle ink job with a feel closer to a pen with India ink. It works much better with the penciler's style.

There are also big changes to a number of details, especially in the first example: better shaped, slightly more realistic faces, hair, and poses, for the most part. And the coloring job, while using an overall darker palette (which I'm not convinced was needed) is much more refined as well.

Some changes go slightly overboard in the third example, though. While the reworked version is mostly better, the perspective issue on the right leg is actually made worse by the change (despite the foot being improved). From this angle we should either see her knee and upper thigh a fair bit bigger, and her lower leg shrinking pretty sharply as it gets farther away from our eyes (ideally, considering the overall pose, it should be underneath her thigh, for the most part, most likely with her toes on the "ground" to help her hold this pose, but not in front of it), OR we should see her lower leg a lot closer and almost in a straight line (the original version was more believable in that regard). Here (on the right side) it looks actually deformed rather than distorted by perspective. The über-ripped abs also look a bit too much, and less natural than the moderate but comfy-looking tummy on the left. That's something to decide at a character design level, rather than just for this specific drawing, though. I'd rather Silk kept her cute little tummy, but I'm fine with her having her abs of steel, as long as it's consistent wherever she appears.

Thanks a ton for already being so reactive and involving us so much so early on, in any case. Mostly going in the right direction for sure.

• Like 6

Well I can only agree with @Slynia.. the art seems better but I´m also not to interested in such a game since I´m not a fan of comics, etc.. in gerneral an thus I can´t see myself really playing it. I´m obviously going to help with the beta/bugs according to my abilities but for me the game probably won´t be anything more than HClicker.. just something that I may be visting once in a while :/... though one thing I  also appreciate is the way you guys communicate in regard of that game and I´d love to have more of this reactive communication in the future (especially with HH) :) ! @Noacc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree with most of what what has been said above. My suggestion would be to soften their faces to made them appear a bit prettier. Now they look like exaggerated caricatures. Also not all of the girls should be very athletic, there are many superpowers not linked to strength, so most variety in body shapes would be welcomed.

• Like 5

So i'm trying comix harem a bit too, and i agree the art is not my kind probably because i'm way too used now to the "manga style", so i'll play it probably as a secondary game when i will have time to spare.

For the over athletic part i disagree a bit, i mean they are all super heroes and they fight/run constantly against villans so it is normal that every hero has her/his muscles well developed, think about the comix of wonder woman or even the Rogue from the x-man. I had my part of comix, mostly when i was pretty young, from my father and most of the heroes has their own good muscles. To me this is a proper comix hero style, and this art improvement make it better.

Edit: Side note thank you @Slynia to have proved to me that I'm not the only man in the world that watch the face of a girl first.

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Xemnas said:

For the over athletic part i disagree a bit, i mean they are all super heroes and they fight/run constantly against villans so it is normal that every hero has her/his muscles well developed.

Don't get me wrong but I would say this is a misconception.

Sure, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be athletic and over-athletic girls due to being superheroes but all of them?

Like @jelom indicated there should be plenty of girls with gifts/powers that do not required them to be that way.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Karyia said:

girls due to being superheroes but all of them?

Yeah i get what you mean and yes i can agree that some "normal" body type is welcomed from me too. But, comics side, i cannot recall a single man/woman with not even a little defined muscle, even the Blob from the X-Men has them 😂😂 or ,power not related to the strength, the Leader (can't remember if it was his name, very big brain...super intellect.. all green) from Hulk had an athletic body.

So... On one side i agree. On the other i feel they are done in a very well comic style.

I have taken out one of my old Wolverine origins comic and the drawings are very close, if not the same

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Yeah i get what you mean and yes i can agree that some "normal" body type is welcomed from me too. But, comics side, i cannot recall a single man/woman with not even a little defined muscle, even the Blob from the X-Men has them 😂😂 or ,power not related to the strength, the Leader (can't remember if it was his name, very big brain...super intellect.. all green) from Hulk had an athletic body.

So... On one side i agree. On the other i feel they are done in a very well comic style.

I have taken out one of my old Wolverine origins comic and the drawings are very close, if not the same

Well, Charles Xavier (Professor X) wasn't very athletic, IIRC lmao :D

If you think of the "translation" into movies, you'll see that generally, the girls are fit/athletic, hot/sexy and appealing.

Not over the top or anything. "Eye-candy" actresses instead of weightlifters and/or bodybuilders. 

Red Scarlet, Sue from Fab Four, Storm, Catwoman (not to mention Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson (for body comparison purposes)) and so on, are very different in terms of their "overall" body to the girls I've been seeing in the game (of course, it's still just a "sneak" of sorts, since it's the early going) but there seems to be a trend.

Anyway just the way it seems/feels to me, so far.

Edit: @Kenrae has the same first though I did! 😂😂😂

Edited by Karyia
  • Like 1

Calling out the professor X is cheating @Karyia and @Kenrae 😂😂😂. But yeah is way too soon, need more girls to "study". I mean after all I saw only a bit of bunny (super thighs=super leg muscles) and silk (spider woman= moving with the web= using all the body= muscles).

And yeah now that you have recalled some girls to my mind i understand better what you are suggesting (apart Catwoman in a comic i remember her with a good 6 pack of abs, and a very athletic body XD)

I like it 👍

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 1

"What Is Dead May Never Die"

That's all I can say about the Comix Harem. And no cosmetic measures will help here. While in the game all the girls look vile ugly with faces as if they have the last stage of alcoholism, looking at which I experience only one "basic instinct" - this is the vomiting instinct.

I love comic book culture as much as anime culture. I've seen many times how beautiful women and girls can be portrayed by comic book artists. The same thing that I see here ... I have no words. In a game with an emphasis on sex and eroticism, girls should be beautiful and desirable. This is the axiam, this is the alpha and omega, the basis of the foundations and the beginning of the beginnings. Otherwise, everything is in vain. Girls should be pleasing to the eye, and not cause bloody tears.

I have spoken.

• Like 6

I am sorry, but I do agree with my fellow gamers.

The FACES are too ugly. The rest maybe I could manage. Cause I get it that This is not Anime/Manga Moe style, but instead more like Marvel/DC comics.

But still even in those comics the Girls/Women are Beautiful.

• Like 6

I agree with what others have said: The faces of these girls are just not that attractive in my opinion.  When looking at body type most female superhero's in comics are mostly in shape but, not ripped.  Look at most of the female X-Men.  In shape but, they don't look like the spend 16 hours a day in the gym.

• Like 1

I'm going to agree with most posts above. Exaggerated and overly angular faces doesn't work well with making them look attractive. I get the dramatic style those images are going for, I'm just not sure it's going to click with HH audience.

If I had to make one good guess, I think most of HH players would prefer charm over drama.

ava0-1200x.webp

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

I'm going to agree with most posts above. Exaggerated and overly angular faces doesn't work well with making them look attractive. I get the dramatic style those images are going for, I'm just not sure it's going to click with HH audience.

I understand in the case of Megane Chevalier, but in other characters like Golden Silk or Bunny Girl it doesn't make sense.

• Like 4

Not sure you agree but having a look at the girls that will be available (even if only a sneak at how they look) on "New Cenabum" (check the "adventure" area), the girls look much more attractive to me 👌😍 (hopefully it's not just the first look lol).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Not sure you agree but having a look at the girls that will be available (even if only a sneak at how they look) on "New Cenabum" (check the "adventure" area), the girls look much more attractive to me 👌😍

True, she looks way better than the others we have encountered so far.
Thanks to this I'm gonna show you guys all the girls from the harem page who looks attractive enough imo as a first impression! 

Untitled-2.png 

So there's my opinion, 5 girls, I can count all the attractive faces on one hand.

Honorable mention:
ddada.JPG

Wtf is that? 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Honorable mention:
ddada.JPG

Wtf is that? 😂

@Slynia, it takes a brave hero to be able to ask! 😅😂 

I think it was "for you" but it wasn't meant to be... 🤪🤣

Anyway, I like this shot -> 

I need Power Puss on my Battleteam for several reasons! 😍👌

Nc.png

Edited by Karyia
typo
  • Like 7

"UNKNOWN" from World 2 looks great, too. :)

In general I like the character designs and art style a lot more than most of you guys, it seems. Even more so now that the inking style seems to be leaning in the direction I hoped it would (still a lot of rework would be needed to replace most older affection scenes' and some poses' huge and excessive brush-style ink job with the more delicate inking style Kinkoid thankfully seems to have opted for from now on). I even find Megane Chevalier as she is, a lot even. I like where they're going with the design of faces but also other body parts like feet (S.H.O.C.K.E.R. coming from me, I know ^^).

Hmm, I guess I'll post the rest of my feedback in the main CXH Beta thread.

• Like 1

I suggest to simply avoid similarities to "the trollface" and look-a-like distortions on the faces.
And when that means to redo some body proprotions (legs!) - I'm fine with getting a new view here, too.

All in all - it is a complete different style and that is your choice as publisher. It hopefully attracts different tastes of players and that would be fine.

I personally have read maybe two mangas and a half "western" superhero comic in my life = I'm by far no measurement what "is common taste".

(and that is why I'm glad that you changed the surveys from "how well do you recognize our haramette version?" into "how much do you like her?")

Edited by windia
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Karyia said:

@Slynia, it takes a brave hero to be able to ask! 😅😂 

I think it was "for you" but it wasn't meant to be... 🤪🤣

Anyway, I like this shot -> 

I need Power Puss on my Battleteam for several reasons! 😍👌

Nc.png

Could it be that it's a different artist? 🤔

The blue one reminds me of Psylocke.

• Like 1

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic