​✏️​​🖌️​The Art of Comix Harem​🖌️​​✏️​

Noacc

Le 11/06/2021 à 12:44, Slynia a dit :

The art style is way better! Definitely in the right direction. Now I get the impression that the art is actually getting some love and is not just stressed to not miss a deadline.

As long as art style goes, this is enough of an improvement for me! Well done!

But... now I'm afraid that this will sound harsh but just remember that this is just my own personal opinion. 
Like I already said here: 🗯️💥Comix Harem Beta! 💥🗯️ the biggest problem for me is the actual design of the girls, not the art style.
The faces makes them look like ripped grandmas with dyed hair (or witches as I worded it in the other thread), and I'm not into the whole GILF thing 😅
My problem is this: My first impression of a girl comes from her face, if her face is below my standards then I'm not even interested in her body (unless it's from behind lol).
She's not someone that will make me pitch a tent, nor will she make me play pocket table-tennis.

Sorry for that section, just know that I think the art style is great and I'm sure that everyone will prefer this new style!
Keep up the good work!

Same here. You can "improve" the art as much as you want, original design of the girls is really not attractive ... except if you are targeting an audience with some "grandma fetishism" 👵. This is of course personal taste, but it seems largely shared among those expressing their opinion on the subject 😕.

• Like 2

My first impression upon logging into the game & seeing the initial artwork was that of nostalgia.  It took me back to 70's-era Marvel/DC comics, Jack Kirby-style art & made me consider re-downloading Freedom Force. 😄

That nostalgia is both good & bad, because despite having fond memories (and hitting the nail on the head with that particular (western) artistic style), there are so many better techniques out there that are currently being demonstrated & implemented by Kinkoid that I'd really hate for Comix Harem to flop.  (For the record, I'm not a fan of Jack Kirby- even back in the day there were much better superhero artists!)

I LOVE the initial offering of different body types, though from what I've seen so far there seems to be a little too much emphasis on full-figured girls without enough lean, athletic types to balance them out.  I don't see much need for waifs in a superhero genre but as others have mentioned not every girl needs to be overly-large or rippling with muscles.  Definitely keep working on girls' abs & tummies (abs shouldn't look like scales & softer tummies are alright).  A bit more balance in the near-term would be welcome & maybe there's more variety in some of the 1* & Epic Night-Club girls that I've yet to see.

Very nice improvements on the reworked girls illustrated in the first post!  Nothing more to add that others haven't covered but steps are already being taken in the right direction IMO.  I'll agree 100% on faces being the most important feature to catch my eye or make me look elsewhere.

Please try to do a better job of drawing girls' poses from the same general perspective.  I enjoy adjusting background scenes to show off my girls but it drives me crazy when there's a girl that's posed at an odd angle that's supposed to be on the ground, but due to the angle she's drawn from & her vertical position in a pose window it looks like she's "floating" or "kneeling in a goofy way that defies gravity."  The Blonde Menace (in her 2* pose) is an example- I think she's hot, like the way she's drawn & inked, but that pose isn't viewed from the same straight-on perspective as most of the other girls.  This makes her look "off" from the rest of the girls when posed together.  Obviously this is true in HH as well.  Apologies for drifting a bit off-topic but figured I may as well mention it here as it applies just the same.

• Like 6

I think the new images are way better!

Just as most others before me already stated: the most important feature that needs improvement are the faces! Especially the face of Bunnygirl in the adventure/ story on the bottom left when she is talking. It looks weird and strange... As these are the first faces new players see - it's the most important! I don't want to dive deeper in the game if the first few images don't appeal to me.

Overall I really like the art style. I like that it's a bit "grimmier" or "dirty" (not in a dirty sex way but more like a dirty, grim world) and the tone is overall a bit harsher and harder then in HH. I think it#s a nice addition or change to HH. A couple cute/ waifu type heroines would be awesome but I don't think u need to go mainly cutish because that's already very present in HH.

But please change the faces! I already can asume that newer girls have better faces - but still... The main heroines of the story are the most prominent and you see them all the time. They need to be top-notch!

I would like to see divers bodytypes. Some abs, some softer tummys, some small boobs, natural ones, and so on.

Personally I don't really like the silikon-type boobs on Golden Silk and would have preferred to have her keep the normal tummy without those huge abs. And I really don't like Bunny Girls costume, but that's personal taste.

Overall I think it's a nice direction you are heading to but the #1 prio should be to improve the faces - especially those of the starter girls and the ones you angage early on - those are the selling point of the game that decide if players stay or leave.

• Like 5

After peeking :ph34r: the first poses of all the girls, I have to change my initial opinion of the game art. Some of them are really what I would expect from a game of this kind, and there are of course a variety of body types.

About half of the girls don't need to be reworked (but welcome if done), and some other need just minor changes, but a group need great changes to make them attractive.

Demoiselle or Tantrita are the perfect example of this, a real comic look, very well done.

There are other girls like Alpha Lupa and Power Puss that have a more anime look, and it is good, no problem with some crossing of styles.

Some of the girls are still not good enough in my opinion, especially by lack of simmetry in their faces, example: Fury, Chibi Cheetah and some other with the same style (they seem to be from the same artist).

If they rework the initial scenes of the game and improve the initial harem girls appearance (the changes are in the good direction but they need a bit more), the game art could be a success as HH ... and perhaps KK is waiting for the alpha release to introduce those changes and they are just testing some drawing styles in the beta.

• Like 4

As the new ingame news appeared - the art shown there is so far from the art in the game. I would be - let's say - surprised that I will "never" meet the girls from the cover... - at least It's gonna be hard to recognize them.

Edited by windia

26 minutes ago, windia said:

As the new ingame news appeared - the art shown there is so far from the art in the game. I would be - let's say - surprised that I will "never" meet the girls from the cover... - at least It's gonna be hard to recognize them.

I thought the same thing at first but I "checked" the girls in the ingame news banner and that´s actually the real art :D 

I do have to say, that now there´re actually some nice girls in CH :)

• Like 1

I thought I was looking at 1970's Charlton comics at first. Then I thought maybe more like the Champions RPG. The face defines age more than you might expect and what I see are women in the 40ish age group. The shading shows very good progress but the appearance of women just past their prime is... 

the girls look masculine because of the square jaws and sometimes thick nose. but in some scenes they look like a fish or they look like a goblin from lord of the rings lol. the expressions are very exaggerated. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 3:58 PM, Noacc said:

SuperHeroes!

Thank you for answering the call of this new lewd adventure! We are so grateful for your feedback and support so far!

We will keep working on this beta and keep making it better for you. 
We wanted to let you know that we will start with updating some of the older drawings and all World 1 girls (the oldest in our time line but the first you saw) are being retouched!

Here are some spoilers!

tc4frF2kGXs6fWIIaF48C6xugUChkJ5BnwlcjtEk

vEJsZ2yBU2t6nyEDfA-cPFzc8-UOfWz9CgOntGo-

9yxw95NMKxAHPlAZyQ6yD2Mn3XEITjcXYwkRMaL6

So what do you think? Are we going in a good direction? Do you think this is enough improvement? 

Stay tuned, keep playing Comix Harem and keep giving us your valuable feedback!

Hentairly yours,

The Kinkoid Team

Figures looking like goblings and dwarfs female species. What the purpose of this game? If this game positioning as erotic (arousing) game, then it's a failure. It's not arousing normal people at all. It's opposite.

Edited by MadSnail
  • Like 4

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Mates I'll just tell it (doesn't matter if is not considered is only an idea, maybe even silly), what about asking something to an artist called Ganassa for the drawings ? 

I'm still at world 2 and i haven't see more for now and also the art is still a work in progress as we can see, so just a little more ideas. I think his art is very "comix" and would be perfect for this new game.

Again only a little idea, nothing more 🤗

I don't like the DESIGN of some character, as I said in another thread. But the quality of the art is good, really. Some piece is outstanding technically, with a perfect rendering. I don't think artists should deserve a corporal fustigation, my idea is they tried to emulate a "style" that's not a style on his own. How you can qualify a "comic" based on style? Let's pick WATCHMEN, surely is an hero comic, or maybe THE SPIRIT... how different is the graphical approach of those authors?

Look like early authors trying to convert to manga, and they simply underaged characters and removed lips, confusing a simple "trope" with a rule. Obviously is not just that. So, for example, some girl of CH look too muscular as "heroes are musculars"... but that's not entirely true, or at least not the whole time, and not to qualify as "comix". Superman is Superman not 'cause is drawn that way, but for his backstory. I have an issue with many noses, it look like "hey, manga remove the nose, let's add it to make it western!"--- with the result at least half of the designs have uncanny noses. Well inked, well rendered, but whatever... such noses...

So, to me is not the QUALITY of the art (the hand of the artist), is the concept behind, the directive authors got.

Well, to summarize: they look sometime parodies of a style.

Now, we're talking of characters alone, but the backgrounds are way better than those in HH, the market sellers are outstanding pieces of art, items are small nifty good pieces. Overall, the game have a consistent high quality, and we are speaking of a large amount of consistent art.  So I cannot tell the game sucks, the game IS graphically good, to me.

• Like 4

With the release of the first PoA like event and by looking at the new girls, all I have to say so far is this: Now this is more like it.  I haven't seen all the poses yet, but if this is the quality of girls we're getting from now on, I'll be more inclined to play this game in the near future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

For whatever reason, I don't see this topic from the Announcements forum. But I can see it from the root when the last comment is from this topic (and then can enter it from there) 😅

It's on the 2nd page, due to no longer being pinned 👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Karyia said:

It's on the 2nd page, due to no longer being pinned 👍

Wow, so many pinned messages, you're right 😂

Ok, In order to not derail the thread, some comments about the art now that I've played some more. In general, I like it, and there are other girls that I find attractive. The backgrounds and the items are very well drawn too.

I think the main problem is the first scenes and the first girls you encounter, specially the girl's faces. I'm not any kind of expert but it seems like there's more than one artist doing the main story, which is in line with American comic books "tradition", I guess. There's one thing I don't understand, while Bunny Girl is in general better drawn now than previously, I prefer her previous face than the current one shown in the bottom left corner when you talk to her in the story. Just check the side-quest "The two sidekicks of CougarWoman", her face in the story is so much better than the one in the dialogue.

Oh, and most girls aren't that muscular, just some of them, which makes sense.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jelom said:

@Noacc you should unpin some old announcements in this section of the forum to leave some room for new updated threads

Maybe a new subsection to store dedicated threads about new features, so people can remember when they was introduced (personally it happened to me more than once to have that question come to mind) and new players can find explanations and initial player feedback on those features (a thing that may ease a little the work of moderators, giving them a sort of "standard answer" to new player asking questions, together with the redirection to the Q&A thread). Just my two cents.

• Thanks 1

I see that another girl has undergone a "facial" since the game's release.  Regrettably, it's "The Blonde Menace."  Not only did I think she was fine before, I thought she was better before and one of the most attractive girls released at launch.  She's gone from a slightly-mature (not old, but not "teen") look to something... I dunno, less-sophisticated?  More stripper-esque?  Bimbo-ish?

I can't tell whether her first pose is original or not, but the subsequent three are certainly new.  Only the first of her three affection scenes is updated, which only serves to highlight the discontinuity further.

Of all the girls that could use some improvement, why her?  Is there any way that we could revert her back @Noacc?

I'm trying very hard not to be negative here.  She's still alright but I'm terribly disappointed.

EDIT:  For what it's worth, PLEASE DO NOT give the following girls any sort of makeover-

1. Monstera (my current favorite fully unlocked!)
  2. Prizm (hot & worthy of my choice for avatar)
  3. Harp (she looks absolutely stunning- best in game IMHO from previews!!!)
  4. No-Gone (well-done, nice detail)
  5. Bramble (unique body shape, seems great quality from previews)
  6. Demoiselle (looks great every time I encounter her in PVP; hope she's my first Legendary girl!)
  7. Super Shriek (she's bewitched me)

The "World/Boss girls" progressively get better & I'm very much looking forward to Darkling based upon her preview!  Perhaps future "refinements" can focus on the earliest World/Boss girls first & possibly girls with "wry" (cockeyed, uneven) smiles/grins like Hora & Fury that somehow don't come off well.

Edited by Hastur
additional comments
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I must say, while there were several art changes I consider improvements overall, there were also a few that I just don't understand. Especially this one:

CXH Art Changes 00001 RetroStar.png

Not only do I prefer the original face, I think the rework makes the character a lot less attractive and intriguing. She had a lot more personality in her previous version, and the mask/visor not being fully transparent was a lot more appealing. The new version, while technically closer to typical "beauty" traits as per the average non-art savvy straight male, also looks generic in comparison. I was very glad I caught her in a lucky EPx1 spin, and looking forward to eventually saving up enough to upgrade her. Now, not so much.

• Like 7

On 6/25/2021 at 6:00 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Not only do I prefer the original face, I think the rework makes the character a lot less attractive and intriguing. She had a lot more personality in her previous version, and the mask/visor not being fully transparent was a lot more appealing. The new version, while technically closer to typical "beauty" traits as per the average non-art savvy straight male, also looks generic in comparison. I was very glad I caught her in a lucky EPx1 spin, and looking forward to eventually saving up enough to upgrade her. Now, not so much.

Wow.  I'm sad again.  Another favorite that's... not bad, but in no way improved upon.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 😒

Maybe we could have a poll or survey before more changes are made to- or time & resources (Kinkoid's & players') are spent on- existing girls?  I know everyone finds different aesthetics appealing, but the art for NEW girls has improved at every turn. 👍 Each new world & event seems better than before so quality is moving in the right direction!  But changing existing girls, especially ones that players have acquired & gotten used to, can lead to feelings of apathy, disinterest & disappointment.

Lost details are readily apparent in the RetroStar example and I agree with the comments concerning mask/visor opacity and facial features (less refined/heroic, diminishing character personality).

I REALLY admire the steps taken to provide unique looks to the girls in CxH vs. HH as each game warrants its own style.  Improvements can be made while remaining true to the distinct artistic styles between the two genres.  Since both games play the same, the attraction (for me, as a player) is to experience:

1. Unique/different yet high-quality artwork,
  2. A distinct storyline, and
  3. A chance to enter a game on a more level playing field.

Since we're discussing art here, focusing solely on point #1, I think CxH is a great forum (or sandbox) for branching out from the core hentai style that we're all used to & give some artistic license towards new techniques.  I'd prefer to experience these differences as opposed to trying to blend the artwork here into something more akin to what we already have in HH.  If the art blurs between the two games, that takes away my primary reason for playing both.

Finally, whenever changes are made to a girl, please *gulp* go "all the way" & change ALL avatars, poses & scenes accordingly- doing so helps take the sting out of changes since those changes will no longer be so readily apparent.  Or perhaps give players the option to choose which "look" they prefer (per girl- not globally nor per account!) on each girl's harem page (old/new, a/b, etc.).  Since the art's already been created at least twice for some (but not all) girls, this doesn't seem like asking for "more" but rather allowing for personal preference where Kinkoid has deemed to make changes. 🙂

Edited by Hastur
typo
  • Like 5

@xTheLaw Please read the Rules. It's not allowed to post spoilers on the forum. Your post is otherwise alright, but the two images you cropped from story scenes must go. I've hidden your post for now. Once you acknowledge this rule, me or another mod can un-hide your post so that you can edit it to remove the images in question. Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, please don't post the same thing in two threads, either. And do check your own forum profile so that you can read my private warning there. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated