​✏️​​🖌️​The Art of Comix Harem​🖌️​​✏️​

Noacc

12 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@xTheLaw Please read the Rules. It's not allowed to post spoilers on the forum. Your post is otherwise alright, but the two images you cropped from story scenes must go. I've hidden your post for now. Once you acknowledge this rule, me or another mod can un-hide your post so that you can edit it to remove the images in question. Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, please don't post the same thing in two threads, either. And do check your own forum profile so that you can read my private warning there. Cheers.

What's the point of this hyper sensitivity to spoilers in a art critique thread where people are expected to have played through stuff. It's much easier to bring the point across when shown specific examples.  Both girls are literally on the cover for the world. It's really not a spoiler. It's just a face. It's no more of a spoiler than the world cover.

6 minutes ago, xTheLaw said:

It's really not a spoiler. It's just a face. It's no more of a spoiler than the world cover.

I see where you're coming from, but please don't insist further against this rule (it isn't going to change and it's been in place forever).

I think the term "spoilers" might have caused confusion in this case. I don't mean spoilers as in revealing a plot twist or something like that. It's not allowed to post any image from the game that needs to be unlocked there, basically.

So for instance, we're fine with posting the 0-star pose of a girl, but no other pose. We're not allowed to post any image (even partial) from story or affection scenes. I hope this helps. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
added stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I see where you're coming from, but please don't insist further against this rule (it isn't going to change and it's been in place forever).

I think the term "spoilers" might have caused confusion in this case. I don't mean spoilers as in revealing a plot twist or something like that. It's not allowed to post any image from the game that needs to be unlocked there, basically.

So for instance, we're fine with posting the 0-star pose of a girl, but no other pose. We're not allowed to post any image (even partial) from story or affection scenes. I hope this helps. Cheers.

I've read the rules. And I really don't think my post went against any of them. But I guess it's up to interpretation.

You're just causing unnecessary tension by moderating posts that are completely inconsequential.

Anyway, thanks for the trouble. Really welcoming forum, instantly handing out warnings to new members for basically nothing :)

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2021 at 12:56 AM, xTheLaw said:

Anyway, thanks for the trouble. Really welcoming forum, instantly handing out warnings to new members for basically nothing

See, @FinderKeeper? This is why we can't have nice things. :D Give a man a fish, and he shuts up while he's eating it. Teach him how to fish? He'll blame you for a lifetime.

Anyways, private mod joke aside, please don't act like a baby, @xTheLaw. You broke a clear forum rule (well two, technically, posting the same thing twice is considered spammy). This could have been correctly handled by nuking your post and giving you a one-line warning. Instead, I've been kind and patient and took the time to listen to your perspective and explain you the rule still applies, and offered you a solution to salvage the bulk of your post, which I even gave you positive feedback about... My reward for all that pro bono extra work? You're being rude, ungrateful and completely confused about the moderator role on this forum. So yeah, next time I'll just enforce the rule and call it a day.

Please don't answer that, just take the hint and try to behave from now on. Thanks.

I'm late into this thread but I'm going to keep my opinion simple.

Faces are the most important.

You can have the best, most appropriate body but if the face looks like a member of the Howling Commandos then it's going to cause a lot of turn off. Unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.

So far, the initial offered improvements look nice but it'll be the faces that I'm going to be looking at, both in girl poses and in the story line art.

• Like 5

I won't post any screenshot, obviously, both to avoid spoilers and discomfort. But I have to point out a specific piece of art that is unfortunately such a failure (probably really, really rushed) that I wish it wasn't the main picture re-used in multiple parts of the Side Quest it's in (especially since each slide costs 50+ energy, so it's going to take a while).

It's in Side Quests -> Supercharged (Rare). The first sexual image.

The overall art quality isn't great, and there are other anatomical issues, but the main thing that really begs for a rework is that it looks like the girl's neck is attached to her left shoulder instead of a prolongation of her spine, and her head's axis on her neck is about 90° off. As far as I'm aware at this point of the chapter (I'm at 13/21 but this image has been there for a couple more slides), this isn't supposed to look this way. I mean, it's not her superpower or anything. It's just a drawing error.

This should be on top or near the top of the list of drawings to rework, imho. Before any 0-star pose or any other story or affection scene I've seen so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, DvDivXXX said:

It's in Side Quests -> Supercharged (Rare). The first sexual image.

[...]

This should be on top or near the top of the list of drawings to rework, imho. Before any 0-star pose or any other story or affection scene I've seen so far.

Actually, now that I've completed Side Quests -> A Hero's Fortune (Rare), it might be even more distrubing. The sexual image in there is a disgustingly bad drawing. The style would be more at home in MAD Magazine or in satirical comic strips than in anything trying to be visually pleasant. Those veins all over the place, the "filthy" vibe in every detail... It's so out of place and such a turn-off that it's a bit disturbing, honestly. Yikes.

• 3 weeks later...

The face of Feline Fury looks really weird imo. Especially the 0* art. The face proportions are just completely wrong.
There's several other girls with the same issue. You can easily see it in world 2 (Hero academy).
I'm not sure if they are but they all look like they were done by the same artist.
Here's a quick edit I did off the 0* art showing what I mean.

Left is before, right is after

feline.png

Edited by xTheLaw
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...