Chat room

Slynia

• 3 weeks later...

@Bomba

I understand that unannounced changes to your girls triggered you personally. But right now it gives off obsessive vibes to some of us. And believe it or not, has some of us concerned. xD

Are you ok? Would you mind to dial it down a bit for a few days?

(psst change "theme" to "topic" )) )

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

26 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

@Bomba

I understand that unannounced changes to your girls triggered you personally. But right now it gives off obsessive vibes to some of us. And believe it or not, has some of us concerned. xD

Are you ok? Would you mind to dial it down a bit for a few days?

Then you understood me completely wrong. It's just another unannounced change. I admit, it's a bit tiring when you suddenly see a change that once again went unannounced. But that's nothing in comparison with other issues. So I think it would be great to have a topic where all this changes can be freely posted and people could learn about them.

Maybe you confuse it with my reaction to how GeorgeMTO always targets my posts claiming that he found a conspiracy theory there? That I agree, quite a provocative behavior and triggers a reaction. And how DvDivXXX always butts in to add to that is also didn't change in the past year.

All I did is make one post about the change and share my opinion about that change. That's it. Somehow that triggered GeorgeMTO and he went full on about how I shouldn't have said that at all. And now you're the 3rd or 4th moderator that agrees with him. And I feel like there's a heavy dissonance between the group of forum moderators and players. Cause there's quite a few players who thanked me for noticing that change and posting about it, so I get the feeling that that was helpful. Yet my post about this change was first removed from Patch Notes thread. And then the topic where it was moved to got closed as well. Leaving no mention of this change for other players to find. And now, you target this topic about undocumented changes. So I'm really confused about what's going on. Are we not allowed to post about this changes at all or what?

Cause it's the same thing that all 3 of you did. I post about the change. GeorgeMTO says that I have to tune it down(or as he said that I'm overreacting). I explain to GeorgeMTO how this change affects gameplay and in my opinion should be posted. Then DvDivXXX says that I have to tune it down and closes the topic. Now there's again no mention about this change on the forum. But DvDivXXX allowed to talk about it in the Feedback section. So okay, I spent my time and gathered all those bits and pieces and created this theme. But now you once again say that I have to tune it down....
I mean... I'm really confused. Was DvDivXXX wrong about suggesting to post it here ? Or what should I tune down? Cause I already removed all jokes, so it's emotionless and full on serious stuff. For the exception of the copied part with my own opinion about it. And I don't like to write that way. Reminds me of the old days where I have to write forum faq's, keep all contest topics updated and all that on top of being a moderator. And that was in the game where forum was a big part of the game due to how players profiles worked. So what's the problem?

If you all have a problem with me personally. That's great, problem solved. Ban me or whatever you want to do. But then can you please create a topic where this type of changes could be posted so that players have a source for that?

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

(psst change "theme" to "topic" )) )

Oh, my bad. Changed it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Bomba Sorry, just dealing with a report with your name on it.

I don't want to ban you or anything. Just don't want you guys to grapple with each other.

I've split the discussion to this topic. All interested parties are welcome to have a friendly chat here.

Please.

(Preferrably with less walls of text :))

11 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

@Bomba Sorry, just dealing with a report with your name on it.

I don't want to ban you or anything. Just don't want you guys to grapple with each other.

I've split the discussion to this topic. All interested parties are welcome to have a friendly chat here.

Please.

Well, that's great. They were welcome to be friendly to begin with. They decided not to.

But what about my questions? Will anyone answer what was the problem to begin with? Cause this is the 4th topic and still no response.

Also, speaking of the reports. Should I pay them in kind? Cause those attacks go back for over a year now. Should I go back, find those old topic and give my reports for them? That's low. But if the opponent's resorts to such tactics I don't even know what to do at this point.

17 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

@Bombadon't escalate plz

Okay. Now I'm confused even more. Didn't you move all this here specifically for the purpose of finding understanding? People have to talk for that to work out. Either we will figure out the problem and it will be resolved or we will find out that it's better to never talk again. Either way the issue get resolved.

Or is that the answer to my question and all my attempts to figure it out and resolve it were considered as escalating?

On 10/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, Bomba said:

Okay. Now I'm confused even more. Didn't you move all this here specifically for the purpose of finding understanding? People have to talk for that to work out. Either we will figure out the problem and it will be resolved or we will find out that it's better to never talk again. Either way the issue get resolved.

Or is that the answer to my question and all my attempts to figure it out and resolve it were considered as escalating?

May I try to explain what @FinderKeeper meant? :)

It´s one thing to express his thoughts and ideas but continuoulsy saying one and the same again is not contributing towards a solution. That´s probably what Find meant..

As for the "heated" discussion the other day.. you´re frustration about uncommented changes is totally understandable ( I myself am often frustrated about the lack of communication as well (as probably a lot of my forum/discord comments can show)) but your urge (that how it comes off to me at least) to be rightous is getting increasingly arduous to deal with ( and believe it or not that´s not meant as a  personal attack of any sort..I´m just trying to explain what the mentioned people have an issue with).

I´ve drawn up a pretty big comment towards the discussion on sunday myself but decided not to post it since I didn´t want to escalate it even further / give the false impression of attacking somebody. People are different and thus have different ways how they express themselves, George and DvDivXX have a pretty direct way of communicating and while both of them don´t have the most well lets call it charming way of doing so(that´s also not supposed to be an insult or so, just for the record :D .. neither George nor DvDivXX have said something factual wrong in that specific discussion as far as I´m aware of (and I´ve read every single message in that specific topic). It still doesn´t change the fact that both of them do a great job as mods by helping a lot of players/ answering questions (just as I´m writing this george has answered your question without any form of personal attack or insult).

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, holymolly said:

May I try to explain what @FinderKeeper meant? :)

It´s one thing to express his thoughts and ideas but continuoulsy saying one and the same again is not contributing towards a solution. That´s probably what Find meant..

As for the "heated" discussion the other day.. you´re frustration about uncommented changes is totally understandable ( I myself am often frustrated about the lack of communication as well (as probably a lot of my forum/discord comments can show)) but your urge (that how it comes off to me at least) to be rightous is getting increasingly arduous to deal with ( and believe it or not that´s not meant as a  personal attack of any sort..I´m just trying to explain what the mentioned people have a issue with).

I´ve drawn up a pretty big comment towards the discussion on sunday myself but decided not to post it since I didn´t want to escalate it even further / give the false impression of attacking somebody. People are different and thus have different ways how they express themselves, George and DvDivXX have a pretty direct way of communicating and while both of them don´t have the most well lets call it charming way of doing so(that´s also not supposed to be an insult or so, just for the record :D .. neither George nor DvDivXX have said something factual wrong in that specific discussion as far as I´m aware of (and I´ve read every single message in that specific topic). It still doesn´t change the fact that both of them do a great job as mods by helping a lot of players/ answering questions (just as I´m writing this george has answered your question without any form of personal attack or insult).

Okay, thank you. Those are great point. Now, can I dissect it into three parts?

- - - - -
TL;DR: You're right, I was saying the same thing. I was repeating that I didn't say any of what GeorgeMTO accused me of saying. He was putting words in my mouth. I didn't say a word about some insane conspiracy theory that he saw in my post. Same about DvDivXXX.
I'm not frustrated about Kinkoid's changes or anything like that. I'm just sad, disappointed really, you know, the usual. It's all about how GeorgeMTO's harassment was unchecked for so long. And how for some reason mod team now targets me instead for responding to him. And doesn't see that the problem isn't the Kinkoid's changes. Here I basically repeat for the third time what I already said before.
- - - - -

First, what's that urge to be righteous you're talking about? Cause that seems like the main problem everyone's having with me right now. I think I know what you mean. And if we're talking about the same thing, then I can't really change it because of this second point. Which causes the third point.

Second, that's the whole point that both DvDivXXX and GeorgeMTO said those factually wrong things. And that's why I was very vocal about it. Yes, I can't directly point it out because of the way they speak. But as GeorgeMTO said it himself he "simply pointed out that it's not a conspiracy on mythics and the active blessing, because they've had to fix a lot of small errors in girl data, like the assigned colour not matching the actual hair/eyes

in response to my post. Which means he somehow found that conspiracy theory in my post. Which is factually wrong, cause there was none. And at that point he found those conspiracy theories in too many of my posts. I mean, how many times I asked him to stop doing that? And every time it's the same. Basically he decides for me that I said that insane thing and now he's mad at me for that. Great. I try to mitigate that aggression and what do I get? "you're free to ignore me, admitting that you are wrong, or simply leave the forum if you cannot ignore being told that you are wrong."

With no option of civil discussion at all - I can either admit that I'm wrong and somehow made a conspiracy theory there for him to unveil or leave. That's it. Not even an option that he's wrong and there was no conspiracy theory there.

Oh, right. I said it few times already, didn't I?
Which is exactly that third part I wanted to talk about. The one where you said that I repeat myself. Because yeah, I don't see any other way than just to try and maybe rephrase the same thing that I said few times. How else can I say to GeorgeMTO that there's no crazy conspiracy theories in my posts? And how else can I say to DvDivXXX that no, I don't have some weird insane misconceptions about moderators?

Cause DvDivXXX has been riding this train too for at least half a year. Every time GeorgeMTO does that to me. There's no reaction. But when I respond to him and say that I never said any of that I receive a ban threat.

I mean, none of the moderators said a word when he started those posts with overquoting and using misquotes torn from the context. None. Why? I think it's reasonable to assume that it's because it's an acceptable behavior, right? Well, okay. Then I respond to him and basically say that "No, I didn't say that" on each of his points where he was in the wrong. Which is hard to do without using those exact quotes. And now, suddenly you all moderators say that I'm in the wrong ... for responding to him ... Like, what?

Yeah, I shouldn't have responded to him. I agree. But the fact that he's allowed to do that and no one says a word about it is also a thing. "Oh, it's George. It's okay for him to do that", is that it? I did assume that it's because GeorgeMTO is also a moderator. But DvDivXXX was very adamant that that's not the case. So what's the reason for that? Because he's an old and respected forum member and can do whatever he wants? Okay, sure, that's fine. I see no problem with that. But none of you said that. You act like it didn't happen at all.

And right now it continues. Maybe I understand it wrong, but both you and FinderKeeper seem to think that it's okay that GeorgeMTO once again decided for me that what I'm saying is an insane conspiracy theory and he's allowed to say all that stuff one-sided against me. Same about DvDivXXX. And now I'm in trouble cause I'm overreacting to that, cause I don't like when people put words in my mouth and decide to get mad at me for that.

And don't get me wrong. My only problem with DvDivXXX is that he always defends GeorgeMTO in those scenarios and always starts talking about how I don't understand the job of moderator or some stuff like that. And I still have no idea how that's related to any of that. And yet he writes walls about it. But when I wrote the same thing, pointing how hard it is to be a moderate and suggested to reorganize the Q&A sections and FAQ so it would be easier to navigate and help out new people, he banned me for that ...

- - - - - - -

I mean, I said all of that few times already. And asked you for the solution to the problem. And have yet to receive any answer or even acknowledgement of the situation. I'm not repeating it because it's fun. So I'm not sure if I should rephrase it again or is this silence an actual response?

So, what's the decision? Should I just ignore all times when GeorgeMTO quotes me? On any other platform I would've been able to just block him and avoid the problem entirely. Or will there be a response to GeorgeMTO's actions? I mean, it's not that hard to say "Hey guys let's be civil" after he uses any of those things like overquoting. And not wait until his provocations causes a reaction and then act like that reaction is the problem. Or maybe there's another solution?

Or should I also pretend that his behavior's normal? I mean if you value his job of helping answering new players then guess what, it's easily done by a well done and organized faq. Slynia did a great job with it after Chthugha's one became outdated. Especially with adding screenshots. But there's a huge difference if you also add proper navigation to it and an actual faq section even if those questions sound ridiculous. All answers basically become either a "Here's a link to FAQ" or "It's a new bug". Well, more like one section is basically full explanation of what's what with some tips which is the one that now is called FAQ. And the other is an actual FAQ where all ridiculous or uncertain questions go, like questions about bugs, script, harem loading time and randomness of your drops. Eh... if not for DvDivXXX all that would've been done already, but no, that's ban-worthy apparently.

2 hours ago, holymolly said:

(just as I´m writing this george has answered your question without any form of personal attack or insult).

Yeah. That's great. But also doesn't really help. And yes, it's on me for not phrasing it right, sure. But that's part of the problem, cause there's always more to the question. The same way like a lot of players ask stupid question and the answer isn't just "You're wrong". It's also to provide the correct answer or explain how things actually work. And yeah, because it's hard to provide all those answers over and over again some moderators tend to do it more quickly and with less explanation as time goes on. And that's why I discussed that fatigue in detail and proposed to discuss those changes to the question segment of the forum in the past. But I guess that's not the case and fatigue isn't real.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Bomba untangling a knot is always one step at the time.

I have limited time to dedicate to the forum these days, so I just physically can't untangle several walls of text at once. Ok?

You're making this very personal. So first, I'm going to ask you not to overthink my motivations. We're just trying to resolve this. I'm sorry if I came off as dismissive. Also I'm asking you to trust my following answers.

At this time I'm just going to try to answer these:

14 hours ago, Bomba said:

I'm not frustrated about Kinkoid's changes or anything like that. I'm just sad, disappointed really, you know, the usual. It's all about how GeorgeMTO's harassment was unchecked for so long. And how for some reason mod team now targets me instead for responding to him. And doesn't see that the problem isn't the Kinkoid's changes. Here I basically repeat for the third time what I already said before.

1) "for some reason mod team now targets me" That is not the case. Please trust this.

2) We've had several talks about modding attitudes. That's invisible to you, but please trust this as well.

3) The best way to deal with mod's behavior is to submit a report. Period. And I must warn you about abusing this function.

4) I'm sorry that I initially misjudged the focus of what you wrote. Walls-of-text and limited-time, you know. And it may be not just me, so I'd really-really recommend to avoid writing everything in one long post, and instead keeping it bite-sized for clarity.

That's it for now and I hope it helped to clear it a bit. If you need another part or something else cleared, you can ask it here. Best to keep it one thing at a time. Remember magic-goldfish joke: "You've got three wishes" "I wanna lots of money, good health, and a palace. That's a first."

P.S. I also want you to know that I didn't have to write all this.

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:21 PM, FinderKeeper said:

@Bomba untangling a knot is always one step at the time.

I have limited time to dedicate to the forum these days, so I just physically can't untangle several walls of text at once. Ok?

You're making this very personal. So first, I'm going to ask you not to overthink my motivations. We're just trying to resolve this. I'm sorry if I came off as dismissive. Also I'm asking you to trust my following answers.

At this time I'm just going to try to answer these:

1) "for some reason mod team now targets me" That is not the case. Please trust this.

2) We've had several talks about modding attitudes. That's invisible to you, but please trust this as well.

3) The best way to deal with mod's behavior is to submit a report. Period. And I must warn you about abusing this function.

4) I'm sorry that I initially misjudged the focus of what you wrote. Walls-of-text and limited-time, you know. And it may be not just me, so I'd really-really recommend to avoid writing everything in one long post, and instead keeping it bite-sized for clarity.

That's it for now and I hope it helped to clear it a bit. If you need another part or something else cleared, you can ask it here. Best to keep it one thing at a time. Remember magic-goldfish joke: "You've got three wishes" "I wanna lots of money, good health, and a palace. That's a first."

P.S. I also want you to know that I didn't have to write all this.

Hey. You do target me and for the right reasons. Cause in the end I was part of that disturbance. Still is. And you try to resolve it. That's a good thing. There's no negative hidden meaning in that or something. I'm just trying to say the same point for which DvDivXXX banned me in the first place. And I'm not getting my point across cause I get too emotional or try to explain all possible misconceptions and in the end it turns out into the walls of text, which are hard to read. And that's the problem that you see and try to resolve. It's just ... I was talking about it for quite some time already and short messages don't convey the message it seems.

As for the third point. I can't use the "report" button. As far as I'm concerned the only rule to brake there was "to be friendly". And I only used it for an actual nonsense. So it's not the case. I just assumed some things when you said that you were reading a report with my name on it and I thought it might be a low blow or something. I hope that wasn't the case.

You know what, I'll just do another post to convey my message. It'll be a long one, with examples. But after reading new posts I think this is an issue that has to be addressed.

maybe we should rename the chat room to mediation room - i like how you guys trying to resolve the issue

just a short input: maybe the problem isnt in what people say, but how they are saying it; there is a difference in 'what a text says' and 'what a text does'; if george did harass you or you really posted a conspircay theory (what i both dont see) it has to be proven by text, not by what you or he might have wanted to say (it's always a fallacy to argue facts but refering to intentions of the author (like it's also a fallacy to 'hear' a 'tone' in a text, ...)

that wont solve the problem, but maybe instead of trying to justify/prove that somebody is right or wrong (you will always go ahead with this conversation, especially since it's already/most likely on a personal level), you should maybe ask, what needs to happen that we can close this matter? (or something similar)

edit: and most likely, i might have some experience in this, a long wall of text wont help; chances are that short responses to it only amplify the feeling of not beeing listened to

Edited by blaa
  • Like 5

I mean, this theme is a great example of what I'm talking about:

Could it be resolved better? That's my question and my answer is "Yes. It could be". Was GeorgeMTO correct there? Yes. But did he really need to repeat the same thing for the thousandth time? I don't think so. And was there any need for DvDivXXX to change the name of the topic to something that sounds really biased? No.

Overall, I think it had a very negative vibe. Maybe it's not the case for others, but that's what I felt while reading it.

- - - - - (long part about the changes that I think need to be implemented) - - - - -

I mean, isn't it really hard to do something like this instead:

"Hi new player. Welcome to our friendly forum. It seems you have troubles in your game. Allow me to redirect you to the FAQ section where you would be able to find all the answers to your questions, suggestion and what you perceive as bugs or cheating. (and include a link to Chthugha's and Slynia's great work)
Now I will move this topic to the Q&A section of the forum where it belongs. Because your issue is not a bug."

It's not that hard I think. And every time I see those topics it looks like a gang bullying a new player. It shouldn't be some sort of gatekeeping filled with negativity. There're new players who're NEW here. You don't need to bash their head in for not knowing every little detail about this over complicated game where all the information is only available on wiki or forum and not in the game itself. And it is an over complicated for something that's supposed to be simple or have a tooltip explaining how some elements of it work.

As for the section where they should be directed. As I was saying I think there's a real need for an actual FAQ section. Right now FAQ is basically explains game elements which are supposed to be explained in the game instead. And does so in the FAQ format, while it's more of a wiki. It becomes too bloated and doesn't actually help in answering questions that are actually asked a lot. Like these ones:

Why did this player won? I had bigger level/better girls.
Hi. What are you looking at? Did you saw Dark Lord's explanation on how the battle works? Did you try not skipping battle?
Those are the questions that you have to ask yourself. Cause let me tell you, there's more to this game than just level and girls. Try reading the Dark Lord's explanation. There's also some additional info on the forum about it. Also, try not to skip battles while you're still learning how the battles work. If you'll do that you will notice that neither level or girls or any other stat that you thought was important matter. What matters is the stats which they enable.
You can learn more about it in the FAQ section of the forum.

I won a girl in pachinko, where is she?
Do you mean avatar? Girl's are quite rare and always play an animation where it shows you the girl. If that didn't happen than big chance you got just an avatar.
[And add a screenshot comparison of avatar and girl in pachinko]

How do I spend energy when I finished adventure and side quests?
You can do that by buying champion's tickets. Main menu -> Sex God Path-> Champions -> Reception Desk -> Buy 1x Ticket (60 Energy)

When will this event take place?
Look at the calendar that's posted in the Announcements section. Usually, this is how the events during the months go: 9 days of Classic Event -> 4 days of either Legendary or Epic Days -> 5 days of Orgy Days -> 4 days of Legendary Contests -> Path of Attraction event.
The length of Path of Attraction may vary. On top of that there're Mythic Days during the Classic Event. And there're 2 Kinky Cumpetition events. Both starts with a League reset and there's at least a week between those two.
Here's more information about it in detail: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/6164-frequently-asked-questions-answers/&tab=comments#comment-91614
(Thanks Slynia for updating this part. It was a very common question but I think the shorter version should be added into the actual FAQ)

Nothing drops. Is this a bug?
It's probably not. Like in a lot of other game with drop rates you have a certain chance to get something and it's not guaranteed to drop on the certain attempt. You can have a drought for days and you can get everything in one day. Because it's random! Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. So what's important here is the drop rate. So let's talk in detail and figure out if that's the problem. Did you keep track of your drops?
You didn't, didn't you? Well, that's not a problem. It's an important parameter and people talk about it on the forum a lot. So we have plenty of topics where people share their drop rate information and you can compare your results with them and probably find out that it's within expectations.
Here's links to notable topics:
Shard's drop rate: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/8653-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-shards-drop-info/
One grade character's drop rate: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/17261-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-one-grade-character-drops-stats/
Dating tokens drop rate: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/17781-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-dating-token-drops-stats/
Others:
(Same question but about mythic girls)
Mythic girls have a limited amount of shards, so you should check if those shards are available first before trying to get her. Otherwise there's literally no chance for them to drop.

Does the drop rate of [this] affects the drop rate of [that]?
No, it doesn't. Usually all drops have their own categories and they all are separate. Boss girls, One star girls and Event girls all have separate drop rates. The only drop rate which gets reduced on bosses is the drop rate of ymens(money)

The boss girl I was trying to get disappeared from the boss and now it's the different one.
Bosses have tiers and you moved to the next one. Congratulations! The boss girl you wanted to get is still there on the tier below. To get there you should visit the page of that world and you'll notice a rhombus shape above boss. By changing it you will change the tier of the boss.

When will I get the mission girl? I did all the missions.
You will get the mission girl on the last day when you visit the "Activites" page while all the event's missions are done. They have a distinct blue color. Those are the only missions that counts for that. After you finish the last mission you should leave the "Activities" page and visit it once again. Cause you will not get the girl right after. You need to revisit that page for that. And at that point you should see her.
Also, important information, you will still get the girl if you start the last mission before the end of the event. And you get her when you finish it. It's risky, but works so far. So don't lose hope. [Might be an outdated information]
What if my counter doesn't show the right number of missions done?
It's a known recent bug. In most cases the counter goes to the right number on the last day. But it's still recommended to take screenshots and post them on the forum. If the issue still persist on the last day and you will not get the mission girl, please contact Support with screenshots that show that issue and that you have done those missions.

If you have any complains or questions about any patterns about what class/type of girl is added to the game.
The official Kinkoid answer is "There's no pattern".
We can get Mythic girls in order of Hardcore -> Charm -> Knowhow, but that's not a pattern and can be changed at any moment. Same with Classic event girls and any others. You can get all Charm girls and no Hardcore girls. Because there's no pattern.

How did those players get such big numbers in Contests?
Doesn't matter if it's a Legendary Contest or a normal one. There're probably no bugs and no cheaters involved here. Those players got those big numbers legally and those numbers are actually pretty normal. How they did it? They planned ahead. Those numbers can be easily achieved if you plan ahead and for example save your resources for a specific moment. You can save experience from Seasons, 10x Great Pachinko orbs, combativity and kisses and a lot of other resources from Seasons, Path of Attraction and some other sources. Planning ahead is part of the game.
You can learn more about Contests here: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/6164-frequently-asked-questions-answers/&tab=comments#comment-90712
[Yeah, this answer was added there by Slynia. But this question specifically is asked a lot every time LC is up and should be in the FAQ]

Why did that player place higher when we both had the same amount of points?
As Bunny says on the contests Page: "Equal score? The veteran wins". Which means if you have the same score the player that started to play earlier will be given a higher position. Usually it doesn't come down to this though.

I don't receive much mojo and all opponents are too strong.
If you get something like 1-2 mojo for a battle it isn't a bug. Mojo range depends on your available opponents and you either far ahead of everyone else or far behind and your peers are out of range, so the system chooses the closest opponent who might give you just 1 mojo or/and that opponent might be way stronger than you. 
What might cause this issue? Buying refills for your kisses too early in the month. Never buy them if you're new to this and it's not the end of the month. Those tier rewards are not worth it, you have a whole month to get them.
More info about it here: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/6164-frequently-asked-questions-answers/&tab=comments#comment-91402
[Actually, I think there's not enough info about it there. There's no info about range of levels and mojo for your opponents, but I just glanced through for the link, so I might have missed that]

The numbers are wrong!
They probably aren't. In this game every number is rounded up. Literally. So for example if you have 115.1M you will see it rounded up to 116M. So it's better to play close attention to the actual numbers if you have questions like that. And yeah, it might not make sense to you, but that's how it works.

The game shows me wrong timers.
Yes, every timer is different and sometimes shows different results. The best way is to refresh the page and that will show the real value of that timer. Champion's timers tend to be very different, but usually the lowest one is the right one. Also, check your device's clock. It might be off and that could cause this issue.

Internal Error 500
Wait an hour. Or change your IP.
It happens when you perform too many actions and server automatically blocks you. Also, I recommend performing all the steps for fixing bugs(below) to make sure that it works.
Here's more info about it: https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/20086-500-internal-servor-error-dont-panic/

What to do if I get a bug? 
For all bugs first steps you have to do is to clear cache and cookies in your browser and refresh the game and after all that log out and re-login. Usually, those steps fix a lot of issues.
Sometimes problems may lie in third party problems. Try to disable them and try all those steps again.

How to write to support?
Please send a ticket through Main Menu -> Settings -> Support -> Create a new ticket. Provide your screenshots and as many relevant details as needed to describe your issue: what happened, when, how, for how long or how often, etc.  (and also what device you play on, what browser etc.).
[add screenshots for the navigations]

For any money related questions and bugs:
Write to support. Forum can't help with that. It would still be good to post about such issue so that other players would be aware, but you have to contact the Support directly in order to solve it.

There were also questions about harem teams and dating tokens but both are irrelevant right now. and maybe there're some other questions that I missed. Still, I think it would be much better to have this type of topic with questions and answers in a separate topic as a real FAQ which will pop up as the first pinned down post for those who just visited the forum for the first time. Not only it will reduce the load on the forum by reducing the amount of similar questions it will also make the answering them faster. Basically you would need to provide only one link. And it's not as big as the current FAQ, so it's easier to navigate. And the current FAQ might be changed a bit to more of a forum wiki thing. I mean the question-answer is still a good format, but at that size it's not that helpful anymore. And yeah, on top of such topic there should be a proper greetings with a TL;DR of rules (basically "be nice") and links to game's wiki and forum's FAQ.

I mean, I don't really know how to make it a first page new player will see here. The organization of this forum doesn't really allows that. Usually you can have a main page where the game directs the player to, like a General discussion and you can just pin down such topic at the top there, but it's not the case now. Even though the "Rules" is still there, most of the helpful information is in the "Q&A section" and there's a bit too many pinned down topics there. And anyway, Suggestions, Bug reports, Feedback and Q&A are all similar in that regard and might as well be in the same part of the forum. But they're in a very different categories and it may confuse new members heavily. Especially how Suggestions and Feedback are somehow in a very different sections of the forum. Same about Q&A and Bug reports. I understand the reasons behind it, but I also understand the confusion of new players who visit the forum for the first time. and get lost There's no even a message system where new player can receive a message with all that info dump in one place and recommendation to read the rules and read FAQ first. So we end up with a lot of misplaced topics about bugs and questions that has been answered a lot of times. I honestly think that part of the reasons for that is the policy of "it's better to create new topic". It's about necroposting, but it does catch your eye. I mean, maybe it was easier to do so this way at some point. But at this point I think there should be one topic for just a straight up noob questions, where all these questions and bug reports can go and just keep it in one place. And maybe have this type of answers in the first post of the topic. But you can't even pin down the first post so it could be visible on all pages. Anyway, such open topic for all new questions, feedback and bug reports I think will help a lot. All in one place and some new player can just straight up see the answer to his question in the very first or last message.

- - - - - (the end of the long part) - - - - -

Oh well, at this point I'm just repeating the same point for which I was banned. But hey, this time I didn't mention how tough it is for moderators so maybe this time DvDivXXX will actually understand what I was talking about.

And you know what, while we're back at this. Now when I think about it, It's actually you DvDivXXX, who added yourself in that mix both times and that escalated the situation. I mean, I think George wouldn't even respond to what I said last because he wouldn't admit that he's wrong. And I can understand him too, cause he needs that eye for potential problems in order to deal with other topics. Well, the ones that I'm pointing out with all those false bug reports, assumptions, etc. But I also can't be that silent when I'm accused of such nonsense. He can't admit that he was wrong? Great. As long as he stops saying that he found a conspiracy theory in my post I'm fine. And when he does it again we will do that dance again and maybe next time we'll resolve it faster. No problem. But you DvDivXXX, you added yourself there both times and started talking about something very different both times. I still have no clue what you were so mad about. I mean all those times you were talking to me about how tough it is to be a mod and.... I mean, I know that. That's literally the reason why I have such a good opinion about George. I'm sad that he founds that insanity in my posts, but that's just a speck in what he does. So I honestly have no clue why you always go into those long posts about moderators while responding to me.
Also, can you be a bit more considerate when renaming topics? The guy was uninformed, so what, no need to be so blunt about it. I don't know what it was named before but it feels like you're putting words in someone else's mouth and that's impolite. 

Oh boy, another wall. But most of it is just a faq. I just got derailed a bit in the end, I outlined it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blaa said:

maybe we should rename the chat room to mediation room - i like how you guys trying to resolve the issue

just a short input: maybe the problem isnt in what people say, but how they are saying it; there is a difference in 'what a text says' and 'what a text does'; if george did harass you or you really posted a conspircay theory (what i both dont see) it has to be proven by text, not by what you or he might have wanted to say (it's always a fallacy to argue facts but refering to intentions of the author (like it's also a fallacy to 'hear' a 'tone' in a text, ...)

that wont solve the problem, but maybe instead of trying to justify/prove that somebody is right or wrong (you will always go ahead with this conversation, especially since it's already/most likely on a personal level), you should maybe ask, what needs to happen that we can close this matter? (or something similar)

edit: and most likely, i might have some experience in this, a long wall of text wont help; chances are that short responses to it only amplify the feeling of not beeing listened to

Exactly!

If every time I post something George sees a conspiracy theory there then that means an issue. And I asked it few times to talk it out and figure it out. I always discard it as him doing that on autopilot moderator mod where he sees a potential conspiracy theory and just does that. And he has his own reasons to do that, I guess. I touched on it a bit in the post above, but whatever. Maybe at the beginning I phrased my posts as an open ended questions. Like, is it a bug or did they do that on purpose? And you know how it is with Kinkoid. They don't "communicate well", so a lot of times it does sound like they did some strange and awful thing on purpose. And that question showed up in my posts I guess and he remembers that or something. Maybe, I dunno. So what, he will remember that for the rest of my life or something? Well, probably. But still, can he at least talk about that or something. Cause every time I ask that it's DvDivXXX who starts talking instead and that's a different issue.

And yeah, I said "harassed" specifically about the part where he even admits that he sees a conspiracy theory in my post. He sees it and tries to prove to me that I'm wrong and there's no conspiracy. I mean, he's correct, there's no conspiracy there. But he's very wrong in saying that I suggested it or something. That's it. All other points are quite quickly figured out. Like the last time he had problem with me "overreacting" which boiled down to few different points. And as far as I understand he just didn't like the way I said stuff. Maybe he saw some sort of "Call for action" and didn't like that? I dunno. It's kinda hard to understand the problem when he doesn't want to talk about it. And honestly, I thought that was the whole point of moving it all here. So we could talk and figure it out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bomba said:

Exactly!

If every time I post something George sees a conspiracy theory there then that means an issue. And I asked it few times to talk it out and figure it out. I always discard it as him doing that on autopilot moderator mod where he sees a potential conspiracy theory and just does that. And he has his own reasons to do that, I guess. I touched on it a bit in the post above, but whatever. Maybe at the beginning I phrased my posts as an open ended questions. Like, is it a bug or did they do that on purpose? And you know how it is with Kinkoid. They don't "communicate well", so a lot of times it does sound like they did some strange and awful thing on purpose. And that question showed up in my posts I guess and he remembers that or something. Maybe, I dunno. So what, he will remember that for the rest of my life or something? Well, probably. But still, can he at least talk about that or something. Cause every time I ask that it's DvDivXXX who starts talking instead and that's a different issue.

And yeah, I said "harassed" specifically about the part where he even admits that he sees a conspiracy theory in my post. He sees it and tries to prove to me that I'm wrong and there's no conspiracy. I mean, he's correct, there's no conspiracy there. But he's very wrong in saying that I suggested it or something. That's it. All other points are quite quickly figured out. Like the last time he had problem with me "overreacting" which boiled down to few different points. And as far as I understand he just didn't like the way I said stuff. Maybe he saw some sort of "Call for action" and didn't like that? I dunno. It's kinda hard to understand the problem when he doesn't want to talk about it. And honestly, I thought that was the whole point of moving it all here. So we could talk and figure it out.

to explain further what I meant, let me give you a few examples:

If you write "If every time I post something George sees a conspiracy theory there then that means an issue". Firstly, I agree, if he really would see every time you wrote something a consipracy theory, that's an issue. Secondly, It's hardly true though, cause you probably cant prove 'every time', but only in some instances he sees this regard. If you use text operators like 'every time' etc. it weakens not only your argument (cause everybody can see, that's not true), but it also indicates you already have your opinion set into stone and you generalize a spefic problem/regard so that it almost gets unsolvable (and that's one way how dilemmas arise, when we set one regard absolute). When I say the criterion is the text it means that you only should talk about that what's written and not about what his intenions are. So, my way to go would be 'to quote' and 'ask' (for instance: where do you see this in my text? or just a short statement 'that's not a conspiracy, i were just asking about their motivations")

Also: if something is written like 'is it a bug or did they do that on purpose' that means you a) create a false dilemma cause it seems there are only these two options (it's a what a text does not what a text means) and b) 'purpose' means that there are some intentions/a hidden agenda behind their action. Both are fallacies, but the 2nd one is more interessting, i think. If we are talking about 'purpose' we should have some reason to back it up, but we cant really say what KKs intenions are. Since we cant say, the interpretation could be potentially unlimited, and that's why it has basically no ground or makes no sense to talk about (it's always an insuniation, even if you just wonder yourself if that's true (again: that's what the text does when you use it this way, not what he means). But, if someone claims there might be or even there is a hidden agenda behind something it sounds like something a conspiracy theorist would say (but instead of insuniating it, you should ask how somebody meant it and it would be better IMO to point out what his text currently is doing).

edit: Just to add another example: If you write "overall, i think this had a very negative vibe" or "that sounds really biased", you are assuming that a text (or action) has some kind of 'tone' or 'feeling', but it doesnt. What your text is doing though, is to insuniate an intention or some psychological motivation, which cant be proved (it's just your 'feeling' or 'hearing'). And instead of talking about what are the reasons to move my posts/create a new topic/the actual topic we are derailed. To be fair; creating a different topic, moving the posts are tasks of a moderator, but it also has impact on you percieve it. 

Obviously that's not to prove anybody wrong or right (there are just samples of you cause your text is the one above, and i think it's easier to show it on somebodys own text), I am just saying, that it seems like there are too many conclusion that are not supported by text but what your (a general you) brain/thoughts complemented and used as assumptions for the further dialog.

And you are right, you can just figure it out, if you are both/all willing to talk. If that's not the case, we have to live with something unresolved. And to be frank, i dont think the main purpose for moving it all here wasnt to talk it out, but to not derail the topic of the other thread further (fhat's what a moderator has to do, the other would be mediator); but, ofc, if you guys wanted to talk it out, here could be a better place to do it.

Hopefully you guys can clear the air, i like all of you and it would be a shame if we couldnt get along. And: ofc, my English isnt the best, so dont get me wrong: There are no bad intentions, bossiness or something else, just trying to help to resolve the problem.

edit2: there might be a reason we have "!commands" on discord; so people dont get frustrated to answer every 2nd hour the same 'stupid' question

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, blaa said:

to explain further what I meant, let me give you a few examples:

If you write "If every time I post something George sees a conspiracy theory there then that means an issue". Firstly, I agree, if he really would see every time you wrote something a consipracy theory, that's an issue. Secondly, It's hardly true though, cause you probably cant prove 'every time', but only in some instances he sees this regard. If you use text operators like 'every time' etc. it weakens not only your argument (cause everybody can see, that's not true), but it also indicates you already have your opinion set into stone and you generalize a spefic problem/regard so that it almost gets unsolvable (and that's one way how dilemmas arise, when we set one regard absolute). When I say the criterion is the text it means that you only should talk about that what's written and not about what his intenions are. So, my way to go would be 'to quote' and 'ask' (for instance: where do you see this in my text? or just a short statement 'that's not a conspiracy, i were just asking about their motivations")

Also: if something is written like 'is it a bug or did they do that on purpose' that means you a) create a false dilemma cause it seems there are only these two options (it's a what a text does not what a text means) and b) 'purpose' means that there are some intentions/a hidden agenda behind their action. Both are fallacies, but the 2nd one is more interessting, i think. If we are talking about 'purpose' we should have some reason to back it up, but we cant really say what KKs intenions are. Since we cant say, the interpretation could be potentially unlimited, and that's why it has basically no ground or makes no sense to talk about (it's always an insuniation, even if you just wonder yourself if that's true (again: that's what the text does when you use it this way, not what he means). But, if someone claims there might be or even there is a hidden agenda behind something it sounds like something a conspiracy theorist would say (but instead of insuniating it, you should ask how somebody meant it and it would be better IMO to point out what his text currently is doing).

edit: Just to add another example: If you write "overall, i think this had a very negative vibe" or "that sounds really biased", you are assuming that a text (or action) has some kind of 'tone' or 'feeling', but it doesnt. What your text is doing though, is to insuniate an intention or some psychological motivation, which cant be proved (it's just your 'feeling' or 'hearing'). And instead of talking about what are the reasons to move my posts/create a new topic/the actual topic we are derailed. To be fair; creating a different topic, moving the posts are tasks of a moderator, but it also has impact on you percieve it. 

Obviously that's not to prove anybody wrong or right (there are just samples of you cause your text is the one above, and i think it's easier to show it on somebodys own text), I am just saying, that it seems like there are too many conclusion that are not supported by text but what your (a general you) brain/thoughts complemented and used as assumptions for the further dialog.

And you are right, you can just figure it out, if you are both/all willing to talk. If that's not the case, we have to live with something unresolved. And to be frank, i dont think the main purpose for moving it all here wasnt to talk it out, but to not derail the topic of the other thread further (fhat's what a moderator has to do, the other would be mediator); but, ofc, if you guys wanted to talk it out, here could be a better place to do it.

Hopefully you guys can clear the air, i like all of you and it would be a shame if we couldnt get along. And: ofc, my English isnt the best, so dont get me wrong: There are no bad intentions, bossiness or something else, just trying to help to resolve the problem.

edit2: there might be a reason we have "!commands" on discord; so people dont get frustrated to answer every 2nd hour the same 'stupid' question

That's semantics really. When I was talking about those times when George sees "conspiracy theories" in my posts I meant exactly those cases where he actually said that. I wouldn't know that if he didn't explicitly say that. So let's not talk about the meaning of "every time" here, etc.

And that second example is exactly what I was talking about and why I brought it here as an example. English language is very rigid in that sense and I'm not familiar with all those nuances so I end up sometimes in situations where I think I translated perfectly, but you just can't say something like that in english or it would have a different meaning or something like that. And it's hard to notice those things sometimes. But I faced them quite a few times. For example, I see some english comment and I understand it without problems. And then I see how native english speakers don't understand that comment at all. And I mean it as "at all". Like, they can even start talking about some completely different issue. And author has to explain what he meant. And yes, that's exactly what I understood from the first reading but somehow that didn't make sense in english. And the same happens sometimes here on the forum too. I hope that's not very confusing. In short, non native english speakers tend to understand what other people say in english on international forums better. It's weird, but that's a thing that happens.

14 hours ago, blaa said:

As for this part. Not every language's like that, 'tone' and 'feeling' can be in written language too. I specifically outline it as "I feel this way about this issue" so that there would be no confusion. In english yes, it's pretty much emotionless and shouldn't have any emotional connotation. But not everyone would read it that way. And not everyone writes in english that way. So I think that should be taken into account.

And for the last part. My only assumption is "Hmm, I have a good opinion about them, so I guess they have reasons to say and act like that". But I have yet to receive an answer from either George or DvDivXXX about why they even started to say those things. I can only guess why.
In the past, yes, I made an assumption that DvDivXXX answer was an actual response. Because you know, you kinda assume that when someone quotes you like that. But this time I didn't and pointed out how it had nothing to do with what we were talking about. That didn't help. At all.

Dunno what to do. None of them seem to care to elaborate. I mean, from my perspective, my conversation with GeorgeMTO went like this: "I see a conspiracy theory in what you said." -> " There's none, Please stop." -> "No, there is. You're wrong. You can either admit that you're wrong or leave the forum".
That's not nice. At all.
My conversation with DvDivXXX went like this: "Oh, I see you're talking about my dear George. Well, here's a wall of text about how much you don't know about mods" -> "Well, I know all that. I literally wrote it few months ago. You banned me for that." -> "Then I will ban you again. Cause you're clearly not listening"
That's not nice too.
Yeah, it's a bit exaggerated. But not that much. And as I said, it's not the first time it happened.

It's been a week, there's no response from either of them, even though they visit forum. I guess, that's the answer: "I don't care. I decided that you're wrong. And I will continue to do so". Well, I hear you. If there's no hope for communication I won't bother either. It was my last, third attempt of doing so. And thank you everyone for giving this opportunity and sharing your opinions in the meantime.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bomba said:

That's semantics really. When I was talking about those times when George sees "conspiracy theories" in my posts I meant exactly those cases where he actually said that. I wouldn't know that if he didn't explicitly say that. So let's not talk about the meaning of "every time" here, etc.

And that second example is exactly what I was talking about and why I brought it here as an example. English language is very rigid in that sense and I'm not familiar with all those nuances so I end up sometimes in situations where I think I translated perfectly, but you just can't say something like that in english or it would have a different meaning or something like that. And it's hard to notice those things sometimes. But I faced them quite a few times. For example, I see some english comment and I understand it without problems. And then I see how native english speakers don't understand that comment at all. And I mean it as "at all". Like, they can even start talking about some completely different issue. And author has to explain what he meant. And yes, that's exactly what I understood from the first reading but somehow that didn't make sense in english. And the same happens sometimes here on the forum too. I hope that's not very confusing. In short, non native english speakers tend to understand what other people say in english on international forums better. It's weird, but that's a thing that happens.

As for this part. Not every language's like that, 'tone' and 'feeling' can be in written language too. I specifically outline it as "I feel this way about this issue" so that there would be no confusion. In english yes, it's pretty much emotionless and shouldn't have any emotional connotation. But not everyone would read it that way. And not everyone writes in english that way. So I think that should be taken into account.

And for the last part. My only assumption is "Hmm, I have a good opinion about them, so I guess they have reasons to say and act like that". But I have yet to receive an answer from either George or DvDivXXX about why they even started to say those things. I can only guess why.
In the past, yes, I made an assumption that DvDivXXX answer was an actual response. Because you know, you kinda assume that when someone quotes you like that. But this time I didn't and pointed out how it had nothing to do with what we were talking about. That didn't help. At all.

Dunno what to do. None of them seem to care to elaborate. I mean, from my perspective, my conversation with GeorgeMTO went like this: "I see a conspiracy theory in what you said." -> " There's none, Please stop." -> "No, there is. You're wrong. You can either admit that you're wrong or leave the forum".
That's not nice. At all.
My conversation with DvDivXXX went like this: "Oh, I see you're talking about my dear George. Well, here's a wall of text about how much you don't know about mods" -> "Well, I know all that. I literally wrote it few months ago. You banned me for that." -> "Then I will ban you again. Cause you're clearly not listening"
That's not nice too.
Yeah, it's a bit exaggerated. But not that much. And as I said, it's not the first time it happened.

It's been a week, there's no response from either of them, even though they visit forum. I guess, that's the answer: "I don't care. I decided that you're wrong. And I will continue to do so". Well, I hear you. If there's no hope for communication I won't bother either. It was my last, third attempt of doing so. And thank you everyone for giving this opportunity and sharing your opinions in the meantime.

i cant go deeper in this, not only because of time but also because language barrier (you already noticed, my English isnt that good). Just a few remarks:

1) It isnt semantic, that's the whole point. It's 'operation', another instance/level of a text. Therefore it's not a 'meaning' of 'every time', but more like a 'use' or 'function', not a 'what' but a 'how'. It doesnt mean anything in your sentence, but it does something in it, it makes him 'absolute'. It's also not language, but text.

2) There is no 'tone' or 'feeling' in a text, it's always something YOU hear/feel in a text. It might be that some person feel or hear the same in a text, but even then we dont know if it's the same and even if it were, it's not in the text, it's something people hear or feel in it, hence something people 'project' in a text, also their interpretation.

Anyway, like you said, if people dont want to resolve the problem (it feels more like it's a personal problem with DV, George), you cant resolve it, you only can find a way to live with it.

I hope you dont take it too personal and you will continue to be a part of the community, even though you dont feel treated the right way by some.

• Like 1

@[CNO] Aris619Hello! In the gift code thread we like to keep it as clean as possible, so only reacting to codes that you appreciate is enough, no need to reply (as it might be harder for other users to find the codes). No worries tho, just thought I would let you know why your comment was removed, even tho you just said thanks :) 

• Hug 1

16 hours ago, blaa said:

i cant go deeper in this, not only because of time but also because language barrier (you already noticed, my English isnt that good). Just a few remarks:

1) It isnt semantic, that's the whole point. It's 'operation', another instance/level of a text. Therefore it's not a 'meaning' of 'every time', but more like a 'use' or 'function', not a 'what' but a 'how'. It doesnt mean anything in your sentence, but it does something in it, it makes him 'absolute'. It's also not language, but text.

2) There is no 'tone' or 'feeling' in a text, it's always something YOU hear/feel in a text. It might be that some person feel or hear the same in a text, but even then we dont know if it's the same and even if it were, it's not in the text, it's something people hear or feel in it, hence something people 'project' in a text, also their interpretation.

Anyway, like you said, if people dont want to resolve the problem (it feels more like it's a personal problem with DV, George), you cant resolve it, you only can find a way to live with it.

I hope you dont take it too personal and you will continue to be a part of the community, even though you dont feel treated the right way by some.

No, I didn't, I think your english is pretty good. And yeah, I understand your points. That's why I'm trying to understand where the problem lies for me. So if you'll have time, read that stuff below or we can just stop here.

- - - - -

1) I think it's more about the point of reference. I skipped the part that follows cause I felt that there's no need to repeat it every time. Oh see, I did it again - "every time". In that case I just clarified that "every time" referred to the very specific case that I described before it. And not in a general sense of it. So it's short for "Every time those events that I described above occurred". I understand what you mean though, so I'll try to take it into account in the future.

2) Again, as I said before, it might be. Maybe it's a cultural difference, I don't know how to describe it properly. And it is a case in english too. Like for example, you can see sarcasm in a sentence and it adds to the 'tone' or 'feeling' in a text. It's not completely deprived of it. But in some languages it's right there in the structure of the sentence. In english you can say the phrase only in one way, the correct way. And there's nothing much to add on top of it. In others not so much. I mean languages kinda represent the culture of thise who speak it. For example (I might be wrong, cause I don't actually speak those languages) : Germans have very clunky words, but they precisely tell you everything you need to know about that word. Very precise and efficient, like germans(yeah, might be biased, it's a general example of what I'm talking about). Japanese have a lot of honorific suffixes that precisely tell you the relationship and status between two individuals. And respect is a very big part of japanese culture. And for comparison in english you have only "you" basically. Yeah, you can use Mr, Ms, Dr, etc. but that's not the same. And if you compare english to the spanish for example then suddenly words have genders. Well, not only in spanish, but the point is: it's not the case for english.
But english on the other hand has the advantage which basically made it a mandatory language for international communication. And yeah, partially because it was already spread around the world by other means(let's not go into politics) and partially because those who started all this spoke english(internet, computers, etc). But it's still a fact that english is a very strict language with a rigid structure and actually quite simple in that regard, so it makes perfect sense for it to be used that way. But it's perfect for conveying information, not other things. So when we start talking about that stuff, suddenly it doesn't always make sense anymore.
Well, at least that's how I see it. My english isn't perfect either as you can see. Still, we make do with what we've got.

So yeah, it's a bit complicated and I personally feel the 'tone' of some messages. Maybe you're correct and I'm wrong about it. Most of the times they're neutral. But sometimes it's jokes or something lighthearted and sometimes they're filled with annoyance, etc. And in this case it was exactly this.

• Like 1

@Bomba Have you ever read my private message on your profile page when I gave you that temp ban six months ago? It feels like every time my name and "banned" appear in a post of yours, the imaginary motive for that ban changes, yet you haven't stumbled upon the actual reason even by chance. So I'm genuinely wondering. Just in case, you can read any past private message ("warning") you've received from any mod (or CM) by visiting your own forum profile page. I really wish you would (re-)read that long message I wrote to you back then, before using "DvDivxxx banned me for" as synonym for "whatever I want to say right now is"...

I'll just quote myself directly from the highly top-secret need-to-know basis moderator part of that ban, because at this point you've rewritten that story so many times with me as the villain that you likely do believe I did something wrong when I went out of my way to reach out to you personally and try and help you six months ago...

Note for Moderators

Bomba is a very interesting and active forum regular, but he's been on a downward spiral into madness lately. I'm giving him  a suspension so he can hopefully get better, or at least not use the forum as a poor man's diary.

And I'll paste this as well (not the message I wrote to you back then, that's still private), just to give a bit of context (it's top-secret highly sensitive stuff on paper too, but by now anyone reading this knows the gist of it anyway, and I thought the title of your thread, along with the 0 penalty point I gave you were good reminders of what might actually have happened.

Conspiracy theories and superstition. Warning issued by DvDivXXX on 
Penalty:

• Given 0 points which will never expire.
  • Restricted from posting - 6 days and 22 hours

I honestly don't have the emotional strength to go through your latest walls of text, let alone replying to them (yes, I do have mental and health issues myself, and other real-life stuff I won't go into here; but I'm aware of my issues and I'm properly treated and working on them). I wish I could, and I wish I believed it would help your situation in any way, but I can't and I don't, unfortunately.

Just for the record, as this goes well beyond your own story with me and/or George, the thread you took as an example of your theory about George and/or myself based on how we each interacted with another forum user could get us down another slippery slope. I know that you don't understand that, but you think you do: George didn't moderate that thread at all, he simply answered it, freely, as a fellow forum user (even though as a mod he could have done what I later did right away, because that guy posted a rant about something he doesn't understand, going so far as accusing people of cheating, in "bug reporting", which was absolutely not okay). And I myself did the bare minimum in terms of moderating this. Either of us could have been harsh to the guy, but neither of us did, either as mods or as fellow forum users and players. In any case, it's not for you to judge.

Sorry if you dislike how we moderate, but it won't change because you whine about it. Also, moderating doesn't include answering anyone's question. That's not a part of what we're expected to do as mods. Being nicer, more patient and more helpful than a saint while answering unpleasant and ungrateful players, as you often seem to be expecting of us, could not possibly be farther removed from what we actually signed up for by becoming forum moderators. I already told you that, and you will forget again, no doubt. But please stay in your place, and understand that as a forum user, your place is NOT and will not ever be to pass judgment on this forum's moderation in general, or even individual specific mods you want to give a lower score to than the other mods.

Over and out.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

@DvDivXXX Oh well, if you refuse to read what I say and continue to call me insane and threaten me with a ban every other time then there's nothing really to talk about. It takes two to talk and you refuse to listen. Also, I'm quite tired of reading the same thing you're going over and over again for what, 5th wall already? I tried convincing you that it's unrelated, but you even considered my "confused" reaction as "wtf", so after all those attempts I see no way to resolve it.

For anyone else still reading this: DvDivXXX decided to keep the reason for ban or "private mod message" private. I'm not. I was infuriated that it was personal and I addressed it on May 1st. Also take a note that I received that "private ban message" after he locked the linked thread with a message that had nothing to do with the topic really. The topic's title was "Conspiracy theories and superstition." and was addressing how we as forum dwellers can eliminate that and improve the forum's experience for everyone. "Elimination of illiteracy" but in the context of the game.

@GeorgeMTO I'm sorry for the ping, but DvDivXXX clarified few things and it seems I owe you an apology. There was quite a few threads where you responded to the topic starter and sometimes it became a heated argument. And quite a few times DvDivXXX jumped into those topics and started talking about how you're a moderator and started escalating, banning, locking topic, etc. At least, that's how I saw it and I was misguided to think that it was related to you. Apparently that wasn't the case and was entirely DvDivXXX's initiative. I'm sorry, I clamped you together and assumed you were doing it together. Should have realised that sooner because it was never an issue before. My apologies, I was wrong.
On the unrelated note, would you mind talking for a bit and figuring out what's the problem with communication between you and me? I think there is one and I might be the cause for it, but I can't solve it without your input.
I promise there will be no big walls.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1