Chat room

Slynia

Sorry if I was unclear before, but I did read all of your recent posts, even though it makes me sad. I don't have the strength to go through them in detail, is what I meant. As in reverse engineering your stories to try and match them with the facts I know. I can't fathom how my message came across as this for you:

37 minutes ago, Bomba said:

@DvDivXXX Oh well, if you refuse to read what I say and continue to call me insane and threaten me with a ban every other time then there's nothing really to talk about.

I have never called you insane. I do think you likely have issues of some kind, but I don't presume to know what they are, and it's none of my business. All I can say is how palpable the distress is in a lot of your longest and most emotional posts, which are sadly often the ones that slip away the farthest from what they're supposed to respond to.

I have never threatened you in any way, shape or form, including but not limited to "threatening you with a ban". I actually banned you once (for a week).

I have tried to reason with you many times in conversations, and I've moderated a number of posts and threads you've made, though. I'm sorry if you perceived any of that as threats to ban you.

42 minutes ago, Bomba said:

For anyone else still reading this: DvDivXXX decided to keep the reason for ban or "private mod message" private. I'm not. I was infuriated that it was personal

Before you push any further the "hidden scandal DvD tried to hide" angle (my previous mentions of "top secret" etc. were meant as comic relief)... You should know that I talk quite a lot with Noacc and/or the other mods for sensitive cases like yours (already back then, and yes lately as well), and most of us are pretty concerned and torn about you. The temp ban I gave you wasn't the result of my own arbitrary impulse, and it definitely wasn't a secret either. It was approved, and it came from a place of compassion and sympathy. If we didn't care about you, if you weren't a nice poster in between your painful phases like the current one, it would be much easier. A guy keeps flooding us with slanderous nonsense? Out he goes. But no, I don't want to ban you! That's part of the problem.

Ban messages and warnings are private for the sake of the user that receives them first and foremost, you know. I'm not ashamed I gave you a one week temp ban in order to avoid having to ban you for good if you kept escalating your blame and flame posts as you were doing back then (and as you've done again recently). It's not something we need to shout from the rooftops either, though.

Wouldn't you like to go back to having passionate chats about the girl's art style, the game play, the game's themes, or anything other than your behavior and our moderation? I honestly miss that Bomba.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bomba said:

On the unrelated note, would you mind talking for a bit and figuring out what's the problem with communication between you and me? I think there is one and I might be the cause for it, but I can't solve it without your input.
I promise there will be no big walls.

I typed up a long thing to try to respond to this, but honestly, I didn't think it'd do anything except get misinterpreted so I deleted it. I have zero issue with you, I treat you the same way I treat the majority of this forum. If you're having issues communicating, that's not my problem to sort out. I don't think I'll get value for my time, so I'm going to bother doing it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I typed up a long thing to try to respond to this, but honestly, I didn't think it'd do anything except get misinterpreted so I deleted it. I have zero issue with you, I treat you the same way I treat the majority of this forum. If you're having issues communicating, that's not my problem to sort out. I don't think I'll get value for my time, so I'm going to bother doing it.

Okay, I got it and thank you for your time. And yeah I know that you treat everyone the same way. I even talked about it in the past but it was either lost in walls of text or misinterpreted. And again, I apologize, I was unfair to you recently.

And if you want to read more.
You know, I just read "Leagues changes and New Rewards" and interactions with JustVisiting were very familiar. I saw them quite a few times on the forum and was part of them too. And it perplexes me tbh. It's not even a language barrier, we all speak english here. But he said this phrase "it's the lack of respect you show that seems to come over in so many of your posts." and it hit me. That's what the problem is. It doesn't make sense in english. Because that's not how english language works and that statement simply isn't true. But it is true in other languages if you do a direct translation. And that's a really weird interaction and what was probably bothering me a bit and I wasn't quite able to put a finger on it.
You're a native english speaker, right? Imagine if you were a doctor and instead of calling you Dr.George someone would call you boy instead. You're a male and "boy" could be used to address a male, so there should be no problem there. But there's a problem cause that's very disrespectful. And that person would also be puzzled by it and wonder why you always have a need to remind him that you're a doctor. That's a rough example, but basically the same situation as what I'm talking about. It's quite an interesting interaction. 
Anyway, sorry, I got sidetracked. My point is, I may unintentionally hit the same pitfall with those "conspiracy theories" and I would like to eliminate it, cause that's not my intention. You're right, that's my own problem and I will continue working on it and I appreciate your help. I'm just pointing out that I'm open to the criticism as well.

- - - - - - - (another post) - - - - - -

@DvDivXXX those are very sweet words, but they're laced with lies. You once again accuse me of making "blame and flame posts". How many times do I need to state that this is a lie that you try to put in my mouth? If any of that was true you would be able to at least quote it. But you don't. You accuse me of something I didn't do. Do you want me to go over every your post and give you quotes on everything that you claim you didn't say?

Do you remember the reason that you gave me for that ban? There was none.
Do you remember for what post it was? You banned me for suggesting to do the same thing that Slynia did all summer. Apparently that's not something evil. Although still unrecognized and ignored by nearly everyone on the forum.
Do you remember what you said in the post before locking that topic? Nothing that was related to the topic.
Do you remember what you said to me after the ban ended? You threaten to ban me again. (You said you never did it, yet you did it right there)

So how exactly am I supposed to talk on the forum if any word I say you somehow consider an insult towards moderators and that's enough for you to ban me on the spot without any reason at all, hmm?

If what you say is true and Noacc agrees that banning without any reason is okay then that's all I need to know. Thanks for notifying me. But personally, I doubt that it's the truth.

Also, this is the 6th wall where you accuse me of insane things and even try to pass it as a courtesy. I'm done. That ban message and post might have been a fluke, I considered it, but your last posts are pretty consistent with what you said there. And I mean, I do understand you, if someone would say the same insane things you accuse me of saying I would also try to say all that stuff about how tough it is to be a moderator. I do understand it. I don't understand how you see it in my posts. Constantly. And I'm done. You like the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head. Ready to strike at any word at any time. Because for you every word I say is somehow an insult to the moderators. And I don't like it. And it seems there's no way to resolve it.

You like to have the last word, so please go ahead, make another post where you insult me and try to conceal it under the guise of friendship or something. Whatever, I'm done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bringing this up, but this might actually wrap up everything that we talked about here, so I hope it's okay to post it.

10 hours ago, Kacke said:

[Removed Message]

Thank you for posting the whole message. Now I know that I'm not the only one, who wasn't given the reason for warning or ban in the moderator's message. And instead "Note for member" was used to give moderator's personal opinion and assumptions about the well-being of the player.

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Reasoning with him is a major waste of time and energy.

@DvDivXXX Sorry for the ping. But I have a personal request to you. DvDivXXX, please, can you show me the same level of courtesy that you showed to the Kacke? He asked you for the reason for his warning. The same thing I did. And you actually answered to him that basically "The reason will not be given". Can I receive the same level of treatment and actually receive the answer?

What was my warning given for?

He wasn't given the reason for warning. I wasn't given the reason for warning. His field of "Note for member" was filled with your personal opinion about him and assumptions about his well-being. So was mine. He was immediately accused of anti-mod behavior for asking the reason. The same was done to me, but in a huge unreadable walls of text. But he received an answer, he received the reason. I didn't. I think that's unfair. Even among this avalanche of moderator's job that the last days were you found the time to actually answer him. Yet you couldn't do the same for me for half a year.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: quote edited
  • Thanks 1

@Bomba "If you have to ask, you'll never know."

I've given you the answer you're asking for a million times over already, but more importantly this should have been obvious to you (as it is for most people) from the start.

You still fail to understand and even acknowledge the reason for the temp ban I gave you a million years ago. You also failed to understand what happened yesterday with this Kacke character. That's not on me, and it doesn't mean the answer wasn't given.

You're just like the guy who reads an in-depth review of something (album, movie, book etc.) but then only takes away the score that was given to the thing being reviewed, missing the forest for the tree. Just like your new friend who made a grossly inappropriate stab at Kinkoid based on completely unfounded accusations, which is the actual and, to most people, OBVIOUS reason I've moderated his initial post.

Unfortunately, the only thing he took away from that warning was the default category the system applied to my warning ("Spamming"). And the only thing you took away from my second warning to him was my deliberate and again, to most people, OBVIOUS satire of his failure to understand: the part where I typed "Reason: Other". And, as insanely dumb as this sounds, it seems that you actually took that part at face value.

You have more than enough working brain cells to understand if you really wanted to, man. You were actively organizing a kind of "let's take away forum moderation from the forum moderators and give it back to the people" ridiculous revolution and I've stopped you. It is damn obvious. Always was.

And even back then, you were already basing most of your rhetoric on a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments from a few of us like "conspiracy theory" or "superstition" and taking them at face value (while ignoring or just plain missing the actual ideas behind such comments). And from there, building entire imaginary worlds and flooding us with stories about them. You know, like someone with a serious mental disorder going off their meds might do. Which is more or less what I assumed, because I couldn't bring myself to simply accept "Bomba is suddenly stupid, stubborn and annoying as hell, now?!".

Either let it go, or question YOURSELF instead of me. That's the best and final pointer I can give you.

-----------
Also, please don't thank someone for posting a private message in public (and don't quote such messages). That's not a behavior we want to encourage, on the contrary.

• Thinking 1

You know, it's like a Zebra.

Black stripe, white stripe, black, white, black, white again...

...and then your reach the Bottom.

Now look.

(I mean, really - look!)

Some astounding shit can happen from time to time.

The amounts of it can be demoralizing.

But don't fret, don't despair!

I want to assure you, you aren't facing it alone!

In face of such adversity you have company who is generally on your side of things.

Trusty mod team (along with community manager) can be as gapemouthed as you are, standing right by your side, facing it with you.

Now comes the important part.

It's where you can help.

It's not a rule, or recommendation, or me talking from a mod role.

It's more of a request.

Person to person.

Don't be that particular Ass.

Cheers, everyone! ^_^

EDIT: To clarify - this is not aimed at Bomba. Just about daily forum life in general.

• Hearts 1

@DvDivXXX , he posted his warning and I noticed similarities between his and mine. Both lacked the reason for such action. He's not my friend and I haven't seen his post. I only saw the posted message from moderator. And only now I see you mention that he "... made a grossly inappropriate stab at Kinkoid based on completely unfounded accusations ... ". That's a very good reason. But why it's not mentioned in his message at all? The only reason he received was "spamming".
Same for me. Except I didn't have even that sort of reason. For me there was not even category like "spamming". And you didn't say a word about reason in the "Note for member". And your post you were referring to had nothing to do with that topic at all. So this's the first time I hear anything about this:

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

You were actively organizing a kind of "let's take away forum moderation from the forum moderators and give it back to the people" ridiculous revolution

I also think that's insane. The problem is: I never said anything like that. At all. So what I have to do with that? You're the one who said that, not me.

I saw toxicity on the forum. I pointed it out as a potential problem. Offered to discuss if it's a problem and if it is - discuss possible solutions. And offered my ideas about it. How the hell my idea of organized help for new forum members became that insanity in your head? I never said a word about it. The only thing I said about moderators there is words of praise and how they might be overworked with that level of toxicity. So none of what you accuse me.

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

And even back then, you were already basing most of your rhetoric on a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments from a few of us like "conspiracy theory" or "superstition" and taking them at face value (while ignoring or just plain missing the actual ideas behind such comments). And from there, building entire imaginary worlds and flooding us with stories about them. You know, like someone with a serious mental disorder going off their meds might do. Which is more or less what I assumed, because I couldn't bring myself to simply accept "Bomba is suddenly stupid, stubborn and annoying as hell, now?!".

And now you make a personal attack against me, accusing me of mental illness. That's not nice. At all.

So tell me, which is more likely: that I suddenly went insane or if there was some sort of misunderstanding? Especially after I asked you so many times to stop accusing me of that insanity or at least provide a quote so I would at least know what you're talking about. Or is this your answer:

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

"If you have to ask, you'll never know."

Because I feel like I hit a very strong cultural barrier right now. For me, it's the opposite: "It's not shameful to ask. It's shameful not to know".

I mean, you literally didn't say a word of truth in this topic about me, what I think or what I said. And never even provided a quote to back up your false accusations. And I repeated that many times. You imagine things and accuse me of insanity ... I'm honestly lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hug 1

Yeah, we really need that facepalm emote. "WTF" isn't strong enough sometimes.

And I'm sorry you still feel that way, Bomba, especially after all this fucking time and all the efforts I and practically all of the mods put into trying to rehabilitate you.

However, if you can't understand "OBVIOUS" as a concept, let alone understand OBVIOUS things that most people don't need to have spelled out for them... You're never going to understand those things, even if I spell them out for you. That's basically the meaning of the well-known saying I've used, by the way: "If you have to ask, you'll never know". It means "come on, man, this is fucking obvious; if you can't understand that, you'll never get it".

And that was that. For the billionth time. Don't bother me with this ever again, please.

• Hug 3

On 11/11/2021 at 2:28 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, we really need that facepalm emote. "WTF" isn't strong enough sometimes.

And I'm sorry you still feel that way, Bomba, especially after all this fucking time and all the efforts I and practically all of the mods put into trying to rehabilitate you.

However, if you can't understand "OBVIOUS" as a concept, let alone understand OBVIOUS things that most people don't need to have spelled out for them... You're never going to understand those things, even if I spell them out for you. That's basically the meaning of the well-known saying I've used, by the way: "If you have to ask, you'll never know". It means "come on, man, this is fucking obvious; if you can't understand that, you'll never get it".

And that was that. For the billionth time. Don't bother me with this ever again, please.

I guess, you're right. I will never understand how I "obviously" meant something opposite of what I said as well as what I meant. But okay, at least I can understand the reason now. That's enough for me.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:40 PM, Slynia said:

Welcome to the official chat room of this forum.

There are no private message functions on this forum, and until (if ever) it's added, this will be the place to hold normal conversations about anything unrelated to the game.

Obviously the forum rules still apply here, you can find the rules here: Rules

Chit chatting like you would in a chat room (like in a discord server) will only be fully accepted here in this thread.

This thread was created with the intention of letting people not using discord still be able to chit chat with the community.

Hello

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hey. It's not that close to a real chat room. ^^ We can't speak in real time. Try to start a conversation or something, then others can respond.

I know, my bad. I was just testing if anyone would response except for the moderator. Sorry.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Kenochi said:

I know, my bad. I was just testing if anyone would response except for the moderator. Sorry.

Oh, don't worry, moderator will always respond. One way or the other.
The other could be read in your profile page btw.

Anyway, I saw your posts a lot recently, you seem to be quite active, but new player, so would you mind to introduce yourself?

We forum dwellers face each other a lot in League and here so we know a lot about each other. Would be interesting to learn about you.
For example, I'm Bomba, player of the highest caliber possible, level 457. And you should know what the highest caliber means ;).
No, pervert, it means I won D3. Somehow. Still surprised. I was aiming for top4 and maybe my second 2nd place, but somehow I won.
As for the most important topic - my favorite girl is Lapsey. Her 2star pose is the most enticing, playful and inviting pose in the game. And I'm afraid they will never reach those highs again. So she will forever be the best girl. For me at least. Also, I'm told I'm pretty bad at naming topics.
So, what about you?

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

21 hours ago, Bomba said:

Oh, don't worry, moderator will always respond. One way or the other.
The other could be read in your profile page btw.

Anyway, I saw your posts a lot recently, you seem to be quite active, but new player, so would you mind to introduce yourself?

We forum dwellers face each other a lot in League and here so we know a lot about each other. Would be interesting to learn about you.
For example, I'm Bomba, player of the highest caliber possible, level 457. And you should know what the highest caliber means ;).
No, pervert, it means I won D3. Somehow. Still surprised. I was aiming for top4 and maybe my second 2nd place, but somehow I won.
As for the most important topic - my favorite girl is Lapsey. Her 2star pose is the most enticing, playful and inviting pose in the game. And I'm afraid they will never reach those highs again. So she will forever be the best girl. For me at least. Also, I'm told I'm pretty bad at naming topics.
So, what about you?

Hello Bomba, I'm Kenochi. A level 337 player, I just came back in this game for like a year now. I'm somehow hoping to join a club and get stronger by the season. I leave my club 'cause I'm the only one contributing in my club.

24 minutes ago, Kenochi said:

Hi! How you doing? 

I´m doing pretty good, thanks for asking :)

I´m sure you´ll find a nice club, a lot of clubs have issues with recruiting new members
especially atm since a lot of players aren´t happy with the current state of the game (our club has also lost quite a few members unfortunately :/ )

Also idk if you´ve seen it but there are sections for club recruiting on both the forum and the official discord server.. I thought I´d let you know just in case. :)

oh and also @Kenochi: please don´t make double post^^.. I´ve removed on of your double posts in the Blue Balls Club ( just so you don´t wonder :) )

• Hearts 1

14 minutes ago, holymolly said:

I´m doing pretty good, thanks for asking :)

I´m sure you´ll find a nice club, a lot of clubs have issues with recruiting new members
especially atm since a lot of players aren´t happy with the current state of the game (our club has also lost quite a few members unfortunately :/ )

Also idk if you´ve seen it but there are sections for club recruiting on both the forum and the official discord server.. I thought I´d let you know just in case. :)

oh and also @Kenochi: please don´t make double post^^.. I´ve removed on of your double posts in the Blue Balls Club ( just so you don´t wonder :) )

I see, thank you for letting me know. I'm still hoping to join Blue Balls Club, since Hastur is a kind leader.

• Like 1

It kinda happen to me, in my former club (love dish) that's why I left. Hoping to find a new club that would welcome. I did create another account to help me get the club stronger. The funny thing is, the other members doesn't help me contribute in the same club. So it triggered me to leave. By the way, I've endured it for almost a year since the day I came back playing in this game.

8 minutes ago, Kenochi said:

It kinda happen to me, in my former club (love dish) that's why I left. Hoping to find a new club that would welcome. I did create another account to help me get the club stronger. The funny thing is, the other members doesn't help me contribute in the same club. So it triggered me to leave. By the way, I've endured it for almost a year since the day I came back playing in this game.

Moved this here because I can't think of a reason you would want to post that in Patch Notes.

• 2 weeks later...

@erza.45 J'ai retiré ton topic, mais visite ton profil du forum pour lire mon message privé à ce sujet, stp (ça dit "Avertissement" mais c'est simplement un message, sans pénalité, ne t'inquiète pas). Merci.

{I've removed your thread, but please visit your forum profile to read my private message about it (it will say "Warning" but this is just a message, with no penalty, don't worry). Thanks.}

@Observer_X Your post went away with the thread, but thanks a lot for your help and for pinging me. You did the right thing under the circumstances. Much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1