Not Broken

Pelinor

Is everything on the HH game broken?

Nope,

Seasons is working as expected.

Sex Champions works okay.

Daily Activities, including PoP (even if I don't like the contest) is working.

Club Activities (discounting Chayotte still being present) still work.

I'm posting this simply because I wanted to say something positive in the midst of the major screw ups KK has made over the past few weeks. I hate being negative, it sucks the fun out of the game.

So, on the 5th anniversary of HH I want to look at what is working and still fun. If anyone wants to add something positive to this post so we can celebrate what works, please feel free to do so (I can use something to cheer me up).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, I have a few more. 

For the present, the game is ad-free.  We don't get captive windows with 5 minute infomercials to sit through... or pay kobans to get rid of.  There are no pop-ups or pop-unders.

We presently cannot change our class for 600 kobans.  Which is good since classes are irrelevant now, but they haven't been removed.  It's gratifying to see that the ability to change classes has at least been disabled.

The REALLY BIG MENU doesn't spawn REALLY BIG SUBMENUS yet.

At this time, it is still possible to collect all ymen from a girl at once without paying. We don't have to collect them one ymen at a time.  Collecting all ymen from all girls is of course a premium feature, but we don't have to click 44,000 times when one of the Mythics is done with her cash.  Given the number of things we have to do one at a time (like use Aff and XP items, or sell things), this shows remarkable restraint on the developers' part.

There presently isn't a 6 koban entry fee ("cover charge") for Pachinko yet.

There are no pick pockets or muggers in the market yet.  We presently do not make encounter rolls to determine how many kobans and/or ymen we lose when we go there.

We can currently travel to any villain anywhere on the game map instantly, as long as we have unlocked the map.  There is no mandatory delay based on distance-vector from Begin City and no fast travel fee that scales with distance.

Similarly, getting to the current story item remains unmonetized at this time.  We do not have to click through the entire story in order to get to the current one in order to spend our energy, or pay a jump fee to get to it.

The game presently isn't locked into a specific browser and doesn't require Java, ActiveX or Shockwave.

The game presently isn't delivering malware that turns our PCs into cryptocurrency miners.

The game presently doesn't require direct access to hardware, necessitating the installation of Windows 95 or Windows 98 in order to play.

LOTS of things remain unbroken at this time, and I'm sure that lots of people are scrambling to fix the embarrassment of their anniversary event and are sober enough to learn the lessons from this embarrassment to ensure that these things don't happen again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Seasons is working as expected.

Sex Champions works okay.

Daily Activities, including PoP (even if I don't like the contest) is working.

Club Activities (discounting Chayotte still being present) still work.

Not to rain on your parade but not really sure Sex Champions works okay (I've stopped playing it entirely since it's, well, "broken" compared to what it was before), PoPs aren't working that well (should be (somehow) giving resources (books, gifts, etc) by now or, at least, it was announced a few months (IIRC) ago but they do give a lot of yemens! :P ), Club Activities are unknown but don't seem to be working well (there might or might not be a new girl any given month; also no way to get tiers down, just up up up).

But yeah, from the ones you said, Seasons seems to be okay.

But I'll take those 25% over nothing, for sure! 👌

• Haha 1

*Please* don't sell them short!

Spelling errors are WAY down, while grammatical errors have remained flat.  Overall a net gain!

It's been nearly three months since the last time their 'customer service' told anyone (me at least) to go fuck myself for asking them to give me the in game stuff I bought! Keep it up!

And they've managed to keep up their streak of ignoring/reframing feedback (I'm extrapolating from my year and a half) for 5 YEARS!

unhappy-party.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peaches said:

Spelling errors are WAY down, while grammatical errors have remained flat.  Overall a net gain!

Very true, but now, there's the two left feet phenomenon in the "art department," so we're back to a loss. 🙂

That's FANTASTIC news about not being told to fuck off for wanting the things you bought!  A move from hostile to surly and desultory in 5 years?  THAT'S progress!  I've limited exposure to their 'customer service' by not giving them any money anymore, so I wasn't aware of this ...development.

Feedback is for people who give a shit.  Two left feet isn't just an "art department" thing; it's their business AND customer service model!

Still laughing at the pic.  PERFECTLY chosen. Thanks! 🙂