FinderKeeper

Enough study. Time for practice!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate High Mage Arcana

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

4ClqcL3.jpg

This is a Mythic Days event. Detailed event description is here.
Event runs for three days. 9000 shards are added to the pool every 2 hours.

The High Mage Cometh

My magical hero,

She’s one of your oldest allies in the Haremverse. But you’ve never seen her as powerful and beautiful as this! Experience Arcana’s magical touch in a new mythical way!

From today until the 6th of September (1 pm UTC+2), you’ll have 2 days to impress the ultimate magician - High Mage Lady Arcana. Open the halls of her sacred library, swish her magic wand inside her and rejoice as she draws magical runes on your backyard cauldron with her enchanted tongue! Help her with her ritual of pleasure and she might be yours forever!

Tears of joy from an enchantress, bath water from a seductress, and the seed of a powerful hero gathered on an August full moon. That’s how you make the ultimate lust spell!

Boss Girl

Eyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.pngEyw4kql.png

ava0-1200x.webp

High Mage Arcana

This event runs in parallel to other events.

tm4Pfoa.jpg

@Noacc

• Thanks 9

Really nice, although I don't understand why at my eyes at every new version of her, her boobs size seems to reduce slightly (maybe they change in function of magic power? Boh). Believe it or not, I was expecting a Mythic version of her, and now that she came, after a little pose spying I can tell "good, but I was expecting a little better" (this includes the aforementioned matter of the boobs size). To be more clear, by my tastes we are not at the level of Estelle and Nike, which I consider the best Mythic girls up to now. Nevertheless, I would like to grab a couple shards, but I am still busy with the main event (Sherly dropped just before writing this post, gathered 12 shard on Katra, hope that this keeps up). A pity that after the "June experiment" they re-anticipated the Mythic Days, I preferred when they were at the end of the main event.

Me when I read the announcement of Mythical Arcana: Ohhh MUST HAVE!

Me when I saw the girl: lol, NVM.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if the "artist" can't get a resemblance other than almost the correct hair color and almost the correct eye color, why even bother calling her Arcana? Why raise expectations that you can't meet? Why not keep Arcana as her (slightly strange but) perfect self, and give new girls a new name? Because based on the resemblance (or lack thereof) I would think this is not even a distant cousin to Arcana.

• Like 5

I'm not even "wasting" any of my resources on this event, as the Shards are always gone in less than 2 mins, let alone the Shard drop rate being as horrible as it always is for me, for these Mythical events.

Especially not when there was already an Event running, where the bosses were needing to be fought to try for those Shards and girls.

• Thinking 3

Cannot say no to Arcana 😂 Now there's not even the "she is not my class" excuse anymore, so..... Yeah 😂

Got her i think after the absurd amount of 20k kobans this time, i had to wait that the "omg what are you doing!?!?" And the "omg what have you done?!?" Feelings fade away before writing something 😂😂

I have only 2 stars for now, but damn she is beautiful ❤️

P.s Mythic and Aries are the next blessing.... what a coincidence... I don't want to think bad but... Well, seems a bit too convenient this time.... I guess I'm too much malicious 😂😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xemnas said:

Cannot say no to Arcana 😂 Now there's not even the "she is not my class" excuse anymore, so..... Yeah 😂

Yeah, I saw you in the daily contest xD

There are always leftover shards in the last day and there are always people complaining that the shards are gone in less than 2 minutes. That's an axiom in the Universe :P.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Yeah, I saw you in the daily contest xD

So it was really you mate !! since i ended up winning the contest i deduce that you were luckier than me, and you used less kobans than me 😂

I won the contest but still that win means that i lost, what an interesting paradox 😂

Bright side she didn't cost me 20k kobans but only 19.7k 😂😂

And yeah, thanks to yours and many other others efforts, it's a known thing that there are always shards at the end. Usually i wait, but this time i was at the PC at the right moment (twice) and... Well... Bye kobans, welcome Arcana 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

High mage arcana has nice affection scenes so you're missing out if you choose not to get her and a lot of shards left to do single battles with as well if you don't have monthly card.

Going to be nice to have her in my harem when blessing changes as well since she is one of the top 3 girls with new year estelle/golden lupa being the other two.

I hope anyone still trying to get her has some good rng getting them their shards fast.

11 hours ago, JustVisiting said:

Seem to have reached a lot more excess shards a lot quicker this time round. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I do wonder if demand for Arcana hasn't been as high. I could think of a few potential reasons for that.

You're not kiddin! Wow.

mythic days HMA easy grab.jpg

• Like 1

I do wonder whether they're reaching market saturation with Mythics.

Under the old battle system there was an unspoken expectation that we would get 3 for each class and then something different might happen. That might have been a pause on releasing further Mythics, it might have releasing Mythics with slightly improved stats, it could have been revival events. But once we reached 3 of each, you maxed out the team. The reason to pick up more diminished. (I actually suspect that removing that glass ceiling on Mythic investment had a lot to do with the motivation to change the battle structure).

Now every Mythic is valuable. Whereas before players were going for a) their own class to maximise their team (and there was a cap on how much of that they had to do) or b) the Mythics they found particularly appealing, now every Mythic becomes valuable to anyone competing in the leagues. In this manner KK have successfully increased demand for Mythics overall, but I suspect they've also decreased demand for them individually.

Arcana's no more valuable than 8 of the 9 other Mythics (assuming that Blessings are weighted equally). There's nothing special to set her appart in the new battle system. Previously it was actually achievable to pick-up your own class Mythics (those that were most valuable to you) every 3rd month, with or without paying. If you aggressively saved your Kobans you could likely get one every 2nd month. With every Mythic now being of equal value it's no longer possible to target the Mythics that are most valuable too you - there's not time to save up unless you're already top 4ing D3 regularly or you're prepared to spend significantly. So setting aside the big spenders, this means that some players will choose which to go for by aestetic, and there's been some criticism of Arcana this month, while others will get frustrated and disengage as they can't get the best of everything now.

There's now reason for me, and many others admittedly, to look to get more than 3 Mythics. But I don't think demand is going to be as high for them individually going forward unless they are specifically popular or there is something unique about them. Personally, I could pick up Arcana, but I'm going to wait until I have at least 2x what I need saved before picking up another Mythic, so if that 'special' Mythic comes along unexpectedly I have the resources available.

15 minutes ago, JustVisiting said:

There's nothing special to set her appart in the new battle system. 

there is, her zodiac or her hair colour - and at least on HH she's gonna be double blessed for the next week

i agree, every mycthic can get a double blessings, nothing special in this regard, but if you wanna always have the best team you need them all. We saw this week on nutaku what a big difference a double blessed mythic girl made - everybody without matcha had some serious trouble to get some good results (i didnt get good results either, but it wasnt the missing matcha, it was RNG :D)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blaa said:

there is, her zodiac or her hair colour - and at least on HH she's gonna be double blessed for the next week

i agree, every mycthic can get a double blessings, nothing special in this regard, but if you wanna always have the best team you need them all. We saw this week on nutaku what a big difference a double blessed mythic girl made - everybody without matcha had some serious trouble to get some good results (i didnt get good results either, but it wasnt the missing matcha, it was RNG :D)

Setting aside the immediate double Blessing. That's random chance and could be the same for any Mythic ever released.

I would also say I'm not advocating for not picking-up Mythics where you can. I'm simply thinking out loud regarding possible reasons that there are so many shards left this time round. The double Blessing should have increased demand for Arcana.

I would suspect that for the majority of players getting every Mythic is not now and was not ever a reality. That's somewhat the point I was making. Even for f2p players, it was still possible to have the strongest team under the old system. Under the new system the 'whales' will still pick-up every Mythic. And those right at the top of D3 should be able to keep that pace up too (though if they end up taking a month off for any reason they're not going to have the free resources to cover the hole). But for many who aren't prepared to spend a lot of money or aren't already winning D3 - which is likely the vast majority of players, even in the D3 league - a bit of frustration may set in here. What's the point if I can't get everyone type thinking? "I can't win at D3 without them all."

Personally, I think that's wrong and can accept I won't be competitive every week. Each Mythic simply gives me more chance of being competitive in any given week. But as I'm neither about to invest a lot of money, nor do I have the free resources to obtain a Mythic every month, I'll continue to be picky about when I go for one. One Mythic's much the same as the next to me, other than Bunna. So I'll build up the Koban bank so that I have 2 Mythics worth before I buy one. That way when Bunna comes up again, or another Mythic with a similar quirk (Abreal seems a possiblity), I'll be sure to have enough put aside to pick-up the slightly more valuable Mythic.

Edited by JustVisiting
  • Like 3