New Mythic Boosters

blaa

guys, look what people found on the test server

image.png.4ef60fbcb1d38579391b68e705afab06.png

image.png.e8c001c4583f987b69750ec8b1649ea7.png

image.png.694a0ae645aa674bf88b94cd9850f397.png

image.png.0b21401fc6076df2f6d0beee2dab7ac5.png

maybe it's in the wrong section though, since it will most likely open a (long) discussion

Edited by GeorgeMTO
MOD EDIT: No longer test server content, title updated
  • Thanks 8
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 3

My first thoughts about the different types (perspective from a mid level f2p player, and I only have infos from this screenshot):

- Sandalwood perfume 

Usually a skip for me, but it could be very interesting during mythic days. Maybe also for kinky competition but because I have to invest kobans wisely in most event types I skip it. So overall this is ok for me, because it is more a bonus rather than necessary for a good progress in the game.

- All mastery's emblem

This could be a problem. PvP is important because it is the main source of XP and kobans which both are the to most important resources for progression. I don't like it, because this tends more in the direction of pay-to-win.

- Headband of determination

Useless for me. Not sure if highlevel playes need this, but I'm ok with that.

- Luxurious Watch / Combative Cinnamon

Also ok from my point of view. It is more a bonus than necessary, so why not? Another skip for me.

- Alban's travel memories

This could become very important. Usually I would rate stuff like that also as a P2W item which is not good. But because we have the level cap and many old players are reaching lvl 500 in the near future I could imagine that this is good for newer players to have a faster progress. Of course it costs kobans, but maybe this is worth it. Time will tell us more about the balance, but right now this could be interesting.

- Angels' semen scent

I see no use here. I have more than enough girls for PoP. Maybe relevant for newer players, but then I would advise them to spend their kobans elsewhere.

Things change if you have a good source of income for these things (like boosters from mythic orbs). My thoughts are all based on the current features/balancing. Basically such items could become a real problem in terms of a more p2w experience. On the one hand I like to see new features, on the other hand these stuff can give substantial advantages and than balancing is important (here I'm not fully convinced if kinkoid is good on this topic ;)). We will see how it works if we have more information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blaa said:

i think they should just not implement the pvp boosters, everything else is fine (and make it 4/2 slotwise, just to fuck it not up again)

I suggest that people ask for the koban price to be reduced at least because they are more likely to listen to that if enough people ask nicely.
they have done enough work on them already that it's possible that they could add for the next patch before next league round starts.

It's a huge increase in the koban booster price in the market with the new rarity i did not like paying the much lower koban price for legendary boosters because i would rather have used mythic pachinko orbs for them even when i had no girls in there to get.

The pvp damage and exp gain ones are both good for pvp. (do more damage and level up faster also it might give more experience in contests such as day 1 legendary contest that could get you a good girl for pvp if she gets top blessing)

If Sandalwood perfume works on mythic days it will be interesting to see if the mythic shards go down faster as well with it and could be useful for the club champ girl if it works on that as well.   (mythic days revival would be a good use for it if you missed a mythic girl due to less shards in the revival than the original event so they get used up)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, natstar said:

I suggest that people ask for the koban price to be reduced at least because they are more likely to listen to that if enough people ask nicely.
they have done enough work on them already that it's possible that they could add for the next patch before next league round starts.

It's a huge increase in the koban booster price in the market with the new rarity i did not like paying the much lower koban price for legendary boosters because i would rather have used mythic pachinko orbs for them even when i had no girls in there to get.

The pvp damage and exp gain ones are both good for pvp. (do more damage and level up faster also it might give more experience in contests such as day 1 legendary contest that could get you a good girl for pvp if she gets top blessing)

If Sandalwood perfume works on mythic days it will be interesting to see if the mythic shards go down faster as well with it and could be useful for the club champ girl if it works on that as well.   (mythic days revival would be a good use for it if you missed a mythic girl due to less shards in the revival than the original event so they get used up)

i dont think they gonna reduce the price, it's fine, if they remove the pvp booster, even though it would be better if they reduced it at least half (same goes for mythic aff/books)

i just hope they dont fuck up another league season, that's the only reason why I am for 4 legendary/2 mythic slots (otherwise 3 legendary would be good enough, means less boosters, i guess). I already pestered noacc via dm on discord about introducing them on thursday with league reset (a timer should be easy doable), since i dont see how any feedback of the testserver channel gets any attention, but not sure if my message will get something done

sandalwood could be a great booster, if they dont restrict it for mythic days, otherwise it seems only good for LD, maybe ED, havent done the math though

• Like 3

I think i like the boosters, apart of course the pvp one as others said (that is a very heavy step into the p2w territory, at least imo). Not sure also about the exp one too: i mean yes the levels are still important in the pvp, but is a good way to catch up a bit for the new people and there is a "stop" at 500 (for now). Probably the "real problem" would be in the LC, but then again is only 1 day of "sure winning" of the pay player and there is not really "a need" to win in the first day 🤔🤔.

So yeah, my firts impression: absolutely NO to the pvp mithyc booster, the others are fine

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Kenrae said:

At least they can't be stacked... that 15% damage will need to be always on to be competitive in the leagues... 540 kobans! 😭

and the xp one ;)

Welp.. I don't really know what to say/ feel about that.. but after casually skimming over those, I´d say that there are 2(3) that you wanna have active at all times:
- Sandalwood perfume (maybe just for Mythic Days)

- All Mastery´s Emblem (pretty much always, I just hate that it´s 100 league AND SEASON :( )

- Alban´s travel memories (definitely all the time)

those would be my go to´s probably

but yikes my kobans...  :/ ..5 sandalwood perfume´s , 18 all mastery´s emblem´s and about 7 albans travel memories per month are 30 x 540 kobans :/  (maybe a bit less but that would still be a crazy amount ...)

Since it´s already 12:00 over here I really hope that my maths are wrong :D ..because 30x540 is definitely not doable for me..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

and the xp one ;)

I don't see any problem with that one. Sure, it's important, but now we're starting to hit the cap. It's a way to catch up, it doesn't bother me.

Change the emblem to be only for Seasons and all will be good. Having it in leagues is a move to P2W and that's a big NO.

I still remember the days when we asked for mythic items, but only books and affection items because mythic boosters and equipment would be a disaster. Well, the mythic XP and affection items turned out far worse than expected (nobody expected The Spanish Inquisition that they would cost kobans) and now we have the dreaded mythic boosters in sight. Sigh.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

- Alban's travel memories: extra XP. And would that extra XP count for any contest? I'm willing to bet the answer is Yes.

- Sandalwood perfume: extra shards. Interesting. Will those extra shards be taken from a limited supply, like with Mythic Days? Or will they come into existence in addition to the supply? My guess: KK didn't even consider this and the answer is up to how the code that will implement this boost happens to work with the Mythic Days code.

This isn't a step in the direction of P2W. P2W is here. Given how things have been going live from test irrespective of what anyone said/wrote, I do expect this to come live, as is, pretty soon. 

But don't worry, it's ok. After all, KK does all these things in reaction to player requests.

/sarc

• Like 1

Oh right, didn't share my actual thoughts on them.

Honestly, I think most of this is brilliant and way better than I was expecting (fearing). Obviously I'm also a part of the group that wants the pvp damage booster gone (or at least league removed), but the rest of the categories are good choices, that I think I've seen actual requests for at various times. Combine them also with being usage based instead of time based, and they're much more reasonable for less active players too.

The exp booster isn't an issue to me. Paying to get ahead is problematic, but at this point in the game, its much more of a "pay to catch up". I'd prefer the game did it naturally, but asking a player to invest a freely earned premium currency isn't too much to ask. Also based on shal's maths on discord, not actually that much. If it's accurate to be only 5% more at 300+, for shal's current gain of exp rate, its like getting 92 days of exp in 88 days. Drop in the ocean.

• Like 9
  • Thinking 1

Thanks for sharing this; and for some interesting reads, guys.

Like George, I'm not really worried. This could have been so much worse (when I read "mythic boosters" I just expected a similar train wreck as the mythic books and gifts, but impossible to ignore contrary to these two). These look fairly reasonable, and most of them can be useful depending on where you are in your journey through the game, and your current game plan. They're not a bunch of OP overpriced items that everyone has to bite the bullet and systematically buy to stay competitive. That's actually a pretty far cry from a P2W direction.

• One (big) question: Do they all cost a fixed 540 kobans a pop, or do prices vary?

• EDIT: Also, are we sure the mythic cordy would actually change your stats as far as your opponents are concerned? Given that it's presented as a bonus for when you're the attacker, it might not be the case (though, knowing how they code and patch, anything goes)... Which would shake the league meta in a completely different way (it would actually make leagues cheaper and somewhat easier, due to the regular booster slots getting reduced to 3 from the current 4)... Yeah, I'm probably dreaming, but that would actually be okay, and even elegant.

My thoughts (based on the assumption that blaa showed us the one price because it's the same for all of these item types, for now):

1. For 11 extra shards: not worth it for anyone ever. This seems like a miscalculation of mythic book/gift proportions. Spend those kobans on attack refills instead, and that's a lot more bang for your buck.

2. For a legendary cordy and a half, that lasts for 100 fights instead of 24 hours. And is oddly shared between seasons and leagues... Yeah, I'd rather they changed that one to avoid an increase in League imbalance and pretty much mandatory investments, as others have mentioned. For Seasons alone it's not worth it in a million years, which also means that equipping one of these for the league locks you out of doing season fights if you want to make the best of it. Then again, the existence of this item as shown here would also mean a number of opponents would become stronger in season as well.

3. For +25% damage vs Villains: maybe for brand-new dolphins and future whales? Hard pass for any experienced player.

4. For +25% damage vs Champions: maybe worth buying (for the CC and only the CC) every now and then for a very bad run (for instance the one we're currently facing in my club, with our Tier 3 Ezekiel having 4 matching poses in a row). Even then, it's a fairly optional (and expensive) time saver. But I like the fact that it has a coop mode aspect to it.

5. For +5 or -0 Mojo in Seasons: I can't imagine any situation in which this would be a consideration. Hard pass for good players.

6. For 100k XP: well, as long as Kinkoid don't screw up by raising the level cap ever again, this is a decent catch-up option for those of us "born too late" and interested in a decent shot at competing sometime this century. I'll very likely use that one myself.

7. For +25% girl power (haha) in PoP selections: maybe someone with a very small harem who somehow still has all PoPs unlocked and maxed out and a lot of kobans to spare? Hard pass for any experienced player. It would have been another story had the bonus allowed for faster PoP completion.
3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If it's accurate to be only 5% more at 300+, for shal's current gain of exp rate, its like getting 92 days of exp in 88 days. Drop in the ocean.

I might have misread or misinterpreted what they actually mean by "up to 100k", but what I'm reading here is "buy 100k XP, except you'll get it over time instead of right away". So at the end of the day, it's still 100k extra XP every now and then. Possibly more if you can equip multiple ones at the same time (and if that works correctly and having two ends up giving you 200k in total). Given how long it is to catch up in XP and how scarce XP sources are, even though that's not mind-blowing, it's not a drop in the ocean either. Probably less and less worth it as you get closer and closer to the finishing line of level 500, but where I am now on my journey, 100k XP is still almost one extra level.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

One (big) question: Do they all cost a fixed 540 kobans a pop, or do prices vary?

Bla's initial post didn't convey many details, as we had it scattered over a fair few posts. Yes they all cost the same, and yes all of them say they cannot stack, so only 1 copy of each booster can be active at a time.

48 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

For 11 extra shards: not worth it for anyone ever.

Wrong as currently written. Mythic days aren't obviously excluded.

49 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hard pass for any experienced player.

Spoken by someone who hasn't seen a high leveled Pandora's Witch in t3 I think? If Nike and Sake take it even further, may be necessary.

54 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

So at the end of the day, it's still 100k extra XP every now and then.

Yes but it's a matter of time scale. At lower levels, that'll be generated even slower. Its probably great below 300 where it gives 20% bonus, but less so above 300 where its giving 5%. It being slow also makes it a less expensive purchase though because you don't have to keep buying them frequently. It's a drop in the ocean, because it shaves off days on time schedules measured in months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info George, much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Spoken by someone who hasn't seen a high leveled Pandora's Witch in t3 I think? If Nike and Sake take it even further, may be necessary.

You're right that I'm very far from facing the high-level ones yet, but I'm still intrigued. Are they still OP even now that we have 7 girls and they still only have 3? If so, first wow, that's scary, and second I understand this might be necessary in that case. The highest Tier-3 villain I've faced so far is Finalmecia. I've noticed she became a lot easier to beat with the BDSM patch, but she was already easy to begin with. It's the first I hear of the later OP villains since the change, so I'm really curious.

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Are they still OP even now that we have 7 girls and they still only have 3?

From my POV:
 image.png

They're no where near as powerful as they were before BDSM. However, I speculate that all villains will eventually get a full team, as it currently just looks really weird with 4 empty spots. If that time ever comes, they will definitely be truly scary once again and 25% damage against villains will be useful against the later ones.
That said, we don't yet know how strong Nike and Sake tier 3 will be, or the future villain(s) after them for that matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slynia said:

From my POV:
 image.png

They're no where near as powerful as they were before BDSM. However, I speculate that all villains will eventually get a full team, as it currently just looks really weird with 4 empty spots. If that time ever comes, they will definitely be truly scary once again and 25% damage against villains will be useful against the later ones.
That said, we don't yet know how strong Nike and Sake tier 3 will be, or the future villain(s) after them for that matter.

i needed 50 levels more to get the girl, and it's looking already a bit different

image.png.fe2ec78feab806893d67cadef33f4171.png

nike and sake will already be problematic with 3 girls, I am afraid

• Like 1

😅 Well my Pandora Witch stopped at level 804 as I couldn't get any further before BDSM, and seeing her at 849 I can still keep going, so sure they are definitely weaker, but the thought of a Sake tier 3 really scares me seeing how much more Pandora Witch scales compared to Jackson tier 3...

Yeah, they don't need more than 3 girls in this case 😂

Anyway, I think this proves that the villain booster will be appreciated 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slynia said:

From my POV:
 image.png

Or maybe 5 girls, there are 5 of them if you add them all, right?
And of course there will be Nike, Sake and whoever comes later on.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Or maybe 5 girls, there are 5 of them if you add them all, right?

Well, I'm thinking that maybe there will be up to 5 tiers in the future, if they wanna keep the "add 1 extra girl per tier" theme going, then there would be 7 girls at tier 5.
Or they could just add 2 girls at tier 1 so every villain starts with 5 girls and then unlock the other 2 in tier 2-3 so there is a full team at tier 3.

Either way, even with just 3 girls there will be a pain to get the last world's tier 3 girl, so I do welcome said booster when those times come ^^

• GeorgeMTO changed the title to New Mythic Boosters