New Mythic Boosters

blaa

This is not P2W, this is pay to play the full game.
The alternative is not getting enough kobans in Leagues to get mythical girls or second path on PoA or Legendary days.
Basically you can play the game staying out of some game events and features like mythic days or Tier 3 Villains from Pandora's Witch forwards or you can pay a lot each month. 

I may be old but I used to buy a game and enjoy playing it without needing "to buy" it again each month. It seems to me this is a game you have "to buy" each month to have the full experience.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

I am not exaggerating when I say that when I saw the changes in the test server, my heart sank. I enjoy this game, but I find it a struggle to progress. Since the changes with the combat system I lose more than I win and the only way to make any difference at all is to buy Boosters - this usually takes up all my kobans each day, meaning that by the end of the day I usually don't even have enough to spend 12 to fight all 15 tower fights or collect all the earnings, and going through one by one is tedious and time consuming. So seeing the new booster line-up where the cheapest booster I've seen is 90 kobans to fill just one slot and the likelihood is that you'll need these 500+ boosters (which I cant afford) to stand any chance, I just can't see how I can keep going. I can't afford to spend real money on the game and its one thing to grind, but when you try and grind but get nowhere (or in the case of seasons, actually go backwards), then the game stops being fun and you realise it's probably time to give it up.

• Thinking 1

I'll leave the previous two posts in place for now, but it can't be overstated how off-topic you both (unknowingly) are. And this topic is important for people who know the game well enough to weigh in on the conversation. So I strongly discourage anyone from making another unrelated post in the same vein.

@TetsuoThc This thread is not about your astoundingly late epiphany that F2P online games are a thing, and that this game is one.

@bardislartfast This thread isn't about how new and confused you are about this game in general, either. Just from your post though, It clearly isn't a game for you. Cut your losses and quit now, imho.

To you both and to anyone else tempted to follow suit, please go there instead:

QA questions answers

Thanks. Now back on topic.

• Sad 2

not sure if this will really bring the game more to a p2w than it was before (which i still dont agree too), especially if they rethink the pvp booster (if they keep it, maybe they should limit the amount of pvp boosters can used, i.e. 4 at all, ie. 1 mythic +3 leg or 4leg, so the difference would only be 5%)

as far as I can see it, most of them help you progress faster, but you still can beat the game, you just need a little more time/it doesnt happen as fast as for paying players, but that sounds fair to me

edit: just as a reminder, legendary + mythic attack boosters are most likely only helpful for players who are already in a d2/d3 league, so there should be enough kobans to buy them or enough strategic gameplay to see if it's worth the investment or not

edit2: IIRC the amount of mythic booster appearing in the market isnt limited (yet), so you could have up to 8 boosters - it's not that bad as 8 mythic books/gifts, but it might not the best idea either; personally it doesnt bother me since i get enough boosters from MyP, but it could hurt other players/lower players who are in need of epic boosters

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2

@Methos2 Please visit your profile page and read my private message (from the most recent warning) there. Hope to see you in a more positive mindset when you regain the ability to post. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, blaa said:

maybe they should limit the amount of pvp boosters can used, i.e. 4 at all, ie. 1 mythic +3 leg or 4leg

Between this screenshot in your opening post, and the information provided by George later on, I'm under the impression that with this upcoming patch comes a makeover of the booster slots, as follows:

• 3 regular booster slots working the same as our current 4 slots do;
  • 3 mythic booster slots allowing us to have up to 3 active ones at any given time, but without duplicates.

Sources:  

On 9/3/2021 at 4:18 PM, blaa said:

guys, look what people found on the test server

image.png.4ef60fbcb1d38579391b68e705afab06.png

22 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

all of them say they cannot stack, so only 1 copy of each booster can be active at a time.

So, first and foremost, this will affect the metagame by reducing the amount of legendary boosters we can equip from 4 down to 3. That's a F2P and small budget friendly change, as competitive players will effectively need to spend the equivalent of 90 kobans less every day compared to the current situation.

Then, as there is only one mythic booster with any impact on PvP results, and it's the one that's basically a legendary cord with +50% to its bonus, at the most competitive players will have the opportunity and the incentive to use that one on a regular basis as well. Since it doesn't expire every 24 hours like regular boosters do, even though it costs 540 kobans, it might not be that expensive to maintain for those who need it. It lasts for 100 fights, and on a regular week day your natural regen for league tokens gives you a little over 41 fights to do. Even on Thursday, that's only 56 fights without refills. So one mythic cordy would last a solid couple days on average. Which means roughly 270 kobans a day at most, but really only 180 because we'd be spending 90 less on legendaries.

On top of that, we don't know for sure (at least I don't) at this time whether or not the extra damage from the mythic cordyceps will be active in fights where you're the defender. In case it isn't, then you only need to have one equipped on days you want to attack. This would reduce the maintenance cost even further, as well as the overall power level of league opponents.

So yeah, it seems like they've learned their lesson from the mythic books and gifts fiasco (even though they have yet to truly fix those items themselves, which are still grossly overpriced) and the plan is pretty thorough and well designed. A pretty far cry from P2W overall, it might even end up being a net positive.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Between this screenshot in your opening post, and the information provided by George later on, I'm under the impression that with this upcoming patch comes a makeover of the booster slots, as follows:

• 3 regular booster slots working the same as our current 4 slots do;
  • 3 mythic booster slots allowing us to have up to 3 active ones at any given time, but without duplicates.

yeah, that's my understanding too. What I meant though: if they want to make the mythic pvp booster even less mandatory they could limit pvp boosters for 4 slots overall, so you could either get 1mythic + 3 legendary or just 4 legendary - most likely it would need to many changes, so it might not be the best idea; it also highly depends if we can get mythic boosters outside the market

edit: btw. it's still unsure what happens to player who have 4 legendary booster up when the changes are coming, maybe the picture implicates that the right one of the 4 will just be gone?!

Edited by blaa

7 minutes ago, blaa said:

edit: btw. it's still unsure what happens to player who have 4 legendary booster up when the changes are coming, maybe the picture implicates that the right one of the 4 will just be gone?!

Not just that picture, but anyone can test it for themselves by visiting the test server right now (as I did). It is gone. And I'm confused about your "either 4 legendary ones OR 3 legendaries and 1 mythic" statement (I already found it puzzling in your previous posts, which is why I clarified, but now that you repeat it after my clarification... I'm at a loss for words). ^^

6 Booster slots Explained 01.png

As for what will happen to the content of our current 4th "legendary or below" slots when the slot itself is removed, not that it matters much, but it'll most likely get destroyed.

Going back to the debate, I would strongly dislike your "either 4 or 3+1" idea. I think scaling everyone back down to 3, and then adding 1 mythic as an additional option is immensely better (and only 1; had it been possible to use 3 mythic cords at once, then it would have been a massive disaster).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

So, first and foremost, this will affect the metagame by reducing the amount of legendary boosters we can equip from 4 down to 3. That's a F2P and small budget friendly change, as competitive players will effectively need to spend the equivalent of 90 kobans less every day compared to the current situation.

But we don't buy boosters anymore, maybe a cordycep here and there but that's it. We're not spending kobans on them currently.

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1

58 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

not spending kobans on them currently.

so? :D 

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

the equivalent of 90 kobans

Also, "we" =/= all of us in your statement. And it's likely the upcoming mythic boosters will eventually become available through other means than straight up purchasing them with kobans (although, you never know; they did claim that of mythic books and gifts and we have yet to see it, apart from real-money bundles).

• Like 1

Guys, can you clarify, how does the mythic XP booster really work?

1129103867_-2.jpg.3ee170c2472e078c499915998c3cb947.jpg

I have 3 variants in my head. Let's assume you're under level 300, so +20%. How does it apply?

1. It applies up to 100.000 XP and then it's gone (you get ~80k XP normally and 20k XP as a bonus along the way = 100k and then it's gone)
  2. It applies as a bonus to your own 100k XP and then it's gone (you earn 100k XP normally and get 20k as a bonus = 120k and then it's gone)
  3. You get 100k XP as an overall bonus and then it's gone (you get ~400k XP normally and 100k as a bonus and then it's gone)
Edited by Тёмный Властелин

2 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

You get 100k XP as an overall bonus and then it's gone

This.

Same thing for other ones, for instance "1 extra shard up to 11" = "you buy 11 bonus shards, which you claim by getting 11 separate shard drops, and then the booster is used up".

Edited by DvDivXXX

21 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Really? So if you're above level 300 (+5% bonus), than it will expire after you get ~1.9m XP? It will last for 2 months (?), 3 months (?) time? (or how quick do you get your 2m XP, IDK)

i (465) get around 6,6k in daily missions, 85-90k in leagues, 127k in seasons, and let's say another 3-5k in quests (it's probably more, i guess?), so let's say about 700k a month; it's gonna take around 3 month until i need another one of these - that's pretty cheap for some extra XP, but it also means it wont matter too much for my overall progress

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blaa said:

it's gonna take around 3 month until i need another one of these - that's pretty cheap for some extra XP, but it also means it wont matter too much for my overall progress

Yeah, ~1 level in 3 months time is crap. It also permanently occupies 1 slot of mythic boosters (idk if it matters or not).  

It very likely will matter, since contrary to what we always had (four slots and four booster types), we're about to have 3 slots for 7 booster types (that we know of).

But yeah, as explained by George earlier on in this thread, even though free extra XP is still worth it since it's so scarce, this source will pay off so slowly that it won't have a major impact.

Honestly, I find this more interesting though. More choice is a good thing.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Yeah, ~1 level in 3 months time is crap. It also permanently occupies 1 slot of mythic boosters (idk if it matters or not).  

as far as my understanding goes, i wont be needing more than 2 of the mythic slots (pvp+xp), sometiems a third (shards), so it doesnt matter to me, most likely

5% is really not much, it's not even a level for me, a little bit more than a half - as george already quoted shal in this thread, it's for him 92 day of xp in 88, and just about hitting 500 two weeks earlier (he's currently 471).

I would really love if they could double the amount - could also cost double as much, just to get a little bit progress.

Chthugha said (maybe more joking) that they should introduce a booster for girl xp/aff - I would love that (in best case scenario instead of pvp/league booster)

Edited by blaa

14 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

Is there is minimum level for this. I'm on the test server at level 169 and I see the Mythic slots but no Mythic items

Yeah. Me neither (my test account is very low level). It's almost certainly the same requirements as already established for existing mythic items (books and gifts). I don't remember the exact thresholds and the wiki is very outdated for the Market. You might be able to find the info in the patch notes, although now that they're erasing everything over 6 months old, I'm not certain.

Anyways, it's something along the lines of around level 200 or more and a harem size of 200 or more to see mythic items regularly in your market. Someone else might remember it precisely.

Players at level 201+ will start seeing Mythic items in the market. 
This was recently changed as before players at level 81-200 had a small chance of seeing them, but later removed along the change from 2 to 1 slots of Mythic items occupying your market.

Edit: After looking it up, then by how it's worded it seems only books won't appear for players at all who aren't at level 201+.

From patch notes:
Books

• For players who are level 351+, Mythic Books will take one slot in the Market <- lvl 351+ will always get 1 mythic book, and lvl 201 - 350 will have a chance for them to appear
    • Instead of having two slots, now there will be only one
  • No Mythic Books will appear from players level 81 to 200 <- as this was the "small chance" before as I was talking about above

Gifts 

• Gifts will take one slot in the Market for players that have 301+ girls <- so gifts and books won't appear at the same time, as here it's all about girls in your harem instead of level
    • Instead of having two slots, now there will be only one

From older patch notes:

• Girls 41-200: very small chance for Mythic items to appear
  • Girls 201-300: 1 slot for Mythic items
  • Guys 301+: 2 slots for Mythic items

I assume this means that there's a chance for gifts to appear after 41+ girls in your harem, and always 1 gift after 201+.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, Тёмный Властелин said:

Guys, can you clarify, how does the mythic XP booster really work?

1129103867_-2.jpg.3ee170c2472e078c499915998c3cb947.jpg

I have 3 variants in my head. Let's assume you're under level 300, so +20%. How does it apply?

1. It applies up to 100.000 XP and then it's gone (you get ~80k XP normally and 20k XP as a bonus along the way = 100k and then it's gone)
  2. It applies as a bonus to your own 100k XP and then it's gone (you earn 100k XP normally and get 20k as a bonus = 120k and then it's gone)
  3. You get 100k XP as an overall bonus and then it's gone (you get ~400k XP normally and 100k as a bonus and then it's gone)

100xp.png.d3627c6bc55d6c175573aff152b1ec39.png

That's how much he spent in about three days. :)

As for the pvp booster, I don't like the fact that it is intended both for the tower and for the seasons. I'm sure that 99% of those who will use it will do it exclusively for battles in the tower, trying not to waste it on battles in seasons. Not that it was impossible, I think if you successfully prepare the moment, then not even very many battles in the seasons will be lost, but this is again the addition of micro-control which has been more and more in the game lately and which is already starting to tire. If I already bought an expensive booster for the tower, I want to spend it in the tower, without being distracted by the battles in the seasons that I can win without it. Moreover, for those who want extra Mojo points in the seasons, there is a separate special booster that is not bad at all.
In short, I would suggest for a pvp booster to reduce the amount of its use only for battles in the tower, or as an option to divide it into two boosters for the season and for the tower, so that the player can choose what he needs at the moment and one does not interfere with the other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, another question is about the shards booster. It seems that the only possible usage for it (worth the expenses) is during the mythic days (correct me if I'm wrong).

The question is about shards distribution. Do you get your bonus booster shards out of thin air (not from the pool of the shards) or you get them from the existing pool?

25 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

So, another question is about the shards booster. It seems that the only possible usage for it (worth the expenses) is during the mythic days (correct me if I'm wrong).

it's also worth on LD, cause 11 shards are worth 2,75 refills which makes 594 kobans, so you can safe about 54 kobans and on FP cause 11 shards are worth 2,2 refills which makes 475 kobans, so you can safe 35, but you lose on ED and higher (11 ED shards are only worth 396 kobans, and CE shards are worth 264 kobans and OD shards are worth 182 kobans)

25 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

The question is about shards distribution. Do you get your bonus booster shards out of thin air (not from the pool of the shards) or you get them from the existing pool?

we dont know yet, since we hadnt one of these boosters during MD (or did we on TS?).

• Like 1

• GeorgeMTO changed the title to New Mythic Boosters